Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? (11319 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by JasmineJay5683(f): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2023
A report by Brand Finance City Index 2023 has ranked Lagos, the commercial capital of Nigeria as the 5th best African city for living, working and investing.

The report based its ranking on a global survey of close to 15,000 members of the public conducted in 20 countries in April 2023.

The survey which was conducted to measure perceptions of the world’s top 100 cities puts Lagos at 56.7 per cent behind Casablanca (Morocco).

It ranked Cape Town (South Africa), Cairo (Egypt), Johannesburg (South Africa), and Casablanca (Morocco) as the first four best African cities with 62.9, 60.7, 59.7, and 59.3 per cent respectively.

Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, also ranked as the sixth African city with 55.1 per cent.

Cape Town, Cairo, Johannesburg, Casablanca, Lagos and Nairobi are the only six African countries that appear on the 100 world’s best cities as numbers 60, 67, 72, 76, 90, and 94 respectively on global rankings.
https://businesselitesafrica.com/2023/08/30/lagos-ranked-5th-for-living-and-working-is-this-the-reality/

This same Lagos ranked as the third worst city to live in, in another report. The city is indeed a wonderful one!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by YesDaddyTill203: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
I have been to casablanca twice, I have been to Nairobi, Dar Elsalam and Addis Ababa once each.
First, Lagos has way more population than all these cities yet they have their own unique problems.
Casablanca being so close to Europe is probably the best of them all in terms of development but they still have bad sections of the city.
Dar Elsalam and Nairobi are not that populated and as big as Lagos. One of the biggest problems in Lagos is the population. Too many people trying to survive in such a condensed environment without adequate infrastructure.
I'll still pick Lagos over all these cities at the end of the day. The business opportunities that exists in Lagos cannot be found in these other cities.

161 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by LagosPrince: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
They've paid for this ranking ..

This is obviously a damage control after the European council ranked Lagos as the 4th worst city to live in on earth after Kyiev in war torn Ukraine in June 2023.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by LagosPrince: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
Damage control

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by AllKnowing: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
LAGOS (noun):

Syn. stress. An agent which drastically lowers life expectancy.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by 89green: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
tongue
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by solexjames(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lagos?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by 9jvirgin(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
The worst place to live in Africa is Lagos. No electricity, No roads, No jobs, No housing, No food pantry. What a lost city.

Tinubu stole everything and installed his criminal co-travellers to continue the stealing.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by comradee1248: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
grin
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
You disagree with the report and believe Lagos is an 'overated slum', but you're still holed up in that same Lagos, refusing to relocate to your Eldorado state of origin, isn't that cognitive dissonance? grin

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Namaster: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lagos is a great place to live in. No matter how deplorable you think it is, it's still the best.

Why?

All the terrible things that people complain about in Lagos are everywhere in Nigeria. But only Lagos has the goodies to counterbalance them. Other states lag behind.

Also, ever wonder why all the people bitching about Lagos are all in Lagos?

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Menclothing: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
We are proud of Nigeria
We are proud of Lagos
We want all state in Nigeria to develop
We have 4 parties voted as gov so all should work

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by ogododo: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
JasmineJay5683:

https://businesselitesafrica.com/2023/08/30/lagos-ranked-5th-for-living-and-working-is-this-the-reality/

This same Lagos ranked as the third worst city to live in, in another report. The city is indeed a wonderful one!

Come near me for Yaba Tech, see how korope, Bus, Napep dey load for road. Jibowu.
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
Brand Finance City Index should relocate their office and staffs to come and live in Lagos, lemme see if they will survive for two weeks, Sometime I will promise myself I won't quarrel/fight for a day, but immediately I Step out, either conductor, passengers or driver will make me exchange words, Lagos is full of angry birds, of which I am not exceptional. angry sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Ulomma089(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
Interesting

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by 89green: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Was earning 65k in Lagos then and spending 800 on transport Monday to Saturday, waking up by 4am, Chai, I had to run to Ogun State where I was paid 70k, got cheaper accommodation, wake up by 6 or 7 and resume 8am,transport was like 150 per day, Omo no dulling. On top small 65k, 70k.

If you earn like 200k and u are going from mainland to island everyday, Bros u never see work cos na stress go kill u.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by rickleye: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Those people must have been high !
Which Lagos ? Maybe Lagos Portugal !!!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Philistine(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
9jvirgin:
The worst place to live in Africa is Lagos. No electricity, No roads, No jobs, No housing, No food pantry. What a lost city.

Tinubu stole everything and installed his criminal co-travellers to continue the stealing.

Why not return back to your shithole state?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Fugazy2023: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
Na why the people from the dead sun dey beef the SW be this

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Winters23: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
I believe when they say Lagos they mean lagos island and not the entire state

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by christejames(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
APC keeps churning out propaganda after propaganda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Winning123: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
Folks like this writer is like the lietenant Elisha mentioned in the bible that will see the good of the land and not eat it

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by NSK4U(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
Which 5th

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by accordadoga26(f): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hahahahakikikiki...

While SW is progressing, one region is.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Calabar1stSon: 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
This government is going to run on full propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by abobote: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Big joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by HENRY940: 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2023
It is best ..... True

It is the worst .... True

It Just depends on where you are looking from

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos: Bus Drivers Call Off Strike After Stakeholders Meeting - JDWAN Member / Places to Visit in Nigeria / International Passport Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.