Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! (40016 Views)

Ibrahim Isah Is Dead. Nigerian Ambassador To Cote D’ivoire Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by kinkydude: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
Adieu, Sir. I used to. His Queen's English used to daze me back then.
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Cmanforall: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
This is so sad. Learnt he was just a teenager when he designed the flag. I am glad he was able to eat the fruit of his labour as Oyo state government placed him on a lifetime salary of N500,000 monthly. The saddened part is that Nigeria never compensated him asides painting his old brown-roof house with green and white colours, I don't even know the last time it was painted. May the soul of the great patriot rest perfectly in peace.
Someone asked, was he not paid for the flag?
It is left for him to use the contacts he had and the money to improve his brand. Ideally, designing the flag should not entitle him to be on life salary, rather he would have been employed in one ministry (e.g., culture and tourism), where he could be on salary and pension like other civil servants.

Rest in peace
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Awise09(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Rest in Peace sir, your legacy speak on
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Henroo88(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
Rest on legend. Life celebration
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by phemmyfour: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
LivingTribunal:
RIP Mr flag man the forgotten hero.. It's sad that this man had been alive till this moment but long dead in our memories.
He wasn't forgotten. He was honoured recently on Mtn wwtbm and during Jonathan era

2 Likes

Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Longinyamapucci(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lazy man

Others are designing Angola flag and all you lazy has to do is green white Green.
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Integrafamoo: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
LivingTribunal:
RIP Mr flag man the forgotten hero.. It's sad that this man had been alive till this moment but long dead in our memories.
How?
The man had been celebrated many times. And money was raised for him couple of times. Do you know how many teachers out there who have not received their pensions, talkless of gratuity.

1 Like

Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Papayaayasager(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Combination of just two colors is not a design.

RIP
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by yewit37486: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
accordadoga26:
Sad to hear about the demise of the designer of the Nigerian flag. His significant role in shaping Nigeria's identity stands as an impressive accomplishment. The enduring memory of his flag design will serve as a perpetual tribute to his heritage. May he find eternal rest.

It's disheartening to see some individuals tarnish Nigeria's name by engaging in illegal activities like drug trafficking. Instead of selling drugs and cocaine abroad, let's honor the memory of individuals like Akinkumi by making positive choices and contributing positively to our nation's reputation.

It's also disheartening to see individuals like you constantly polluting threads with snide remarks and tribalistic comments. Don't you people get tired, ehn?!

@OP
Rest in peace, Pa Akinkunmi.
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by yewit37486: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
UncleAyo:

Nobody care? I think this Thai Police care...

You only want to push me to say rubbish.

Stop polluting and trying to derail this thread if for nothing else but for the memory of this man. Can't you people rest from exhibiting tribalism on every thread for goodness sake?!
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by johnjose68: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
jaguanana007:

SOURCE

Wait for i.pob to come and abuse him now.

1 Like

Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
The design no to fine sha, just 3 pices of cloth joined together, anybody can do that. No batten. RIP to the dead
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by MrBroke(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
Green and white design ni? grin. Graphic design ni? grin. Make one leave me abeg
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Nextt: 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
I'm an Igbo guy and here is my tribute to a national father:

Like the colour of our flag

He is tattooed on the body of this great nation

Wherever Nigeria is mentioned there you will find him

Let the good wind guide his sails

The Nigerian flag waves goodbye to him

Rest in Peace, legend.

1 Like

Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Litmus: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer

Rest in peace and thank you for sparing me saluting my nation Nigeria under some juvenile, colourful oonga-bunga flag evident in 90 percent of nations throughout Africa. Proud of my very unique Nation Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by EagleSquare1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
May the soul of Pa Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi rest in peace with the Lord.
And may his family be comforted.

What a National Icon he was.

May the Nigerian Flag (Green-White-Green), which he designed, and was for the first time hoisted high in the air on October 1st, 1960, now be lowered in his honour to half-mast nationwide and in our overseas official offices.

RIP Papa

jaguanana007:

SOURCE
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by ChyjoskyJ: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
Any design on that flag.what is special in that flag.there is nothing spectacular about that flag.it has no meaning, it's meaningless
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by thorpido(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lol @ people saying where is the design on the flag.

You obviously don't know something about esthetics. tongue
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Tommydare(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
Design your own
Berrityga:
So green and white nah design Goff unah mind?? Nigerias flag has no design bro.
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by LZAA: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
UncleAyo:
How true is the news?

How To Identify And Differentiate A Yoruba Name Or A Yoruba Person From Other Nigerians.

This guide will help non-Nigerian to different Yoruba from other Nigerian.

Quick one:
A. A Yoruba name does not have 'Ch', 'Kw' written in it.
B. You rarely will find two (non nasal) consonant written together except for 'Gb' which is very common.
C. A Yoruba name or word does not begin with the letter 'U'
D. There are no Q, C, Z, X, and V alphabets in Yoruba words so you will not see them in a Yoruba name.

## On Nigeria Passport, ''Place of birth" of most Yoruba people are located in these state: Oyo state, Lagos State, Ogun state, Ondo State, Kwara state, Osun state, Ekiti state, Kogi state and Edo state (All south west state). If you search on google. e.g Ibadan (my place of birth) is located in Oyo state.
## Most Yoruba persons are respectful.
## Most Yoruba people are civil. Their engagement are mostly intellectually.
## Although, Yoruba people are very spiritual, you will rarely see a Yoruba person as religion extremist.
## Most young Yoruba are Hardworking, Tech savvy, honest and trust worthy. They are Omoluabi.
## A Yoruba person is not boastful.
## Most Yoruba person are contented.
## Most Yoruba are easygoing
## Few of the elderly Yoruba people have tribal mark on their faces.

Tori bi omo o ba daran la se n fun l'oruko. Those non-Yoruba people who are well determined to spoil Nigeria name both within and outside the country (in the name name of being a Nigerian) should be easily differentiated from Yoruba.

Seriously!!!
Smh angry
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by qtx(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
UncleAyo:
How true is the news?

How To Identify And Differentiate A Yoruba Name Or A Yoruba Person From Other Nigerians.

This guide will help non-Nigerian to different Yoruba from other Nigerian.

Quick one:
A. A Yoruba name does not have 'Ch', 'Kw' written in it.
B. You rarely will find two (non nasal) consonant written together except for 'Gb' which is very common.
C. A Yoruba name or word does not begin with the letter 'U'
D. There are no Q, C, Z, X, and V alphabets in Yoruba words so you will not see them in a Yoruba name.

## On Nigeria Passport, ''Place of birth" of most Yoruba people are located in these state: Oyo state, Lagos State, Ogun state, Ondo State, Kwara state, Osun state, Ekiti state, Kogi state and Edo state (All south west state). If you search on google. e.g Ibadan (my place of birth) is located in Oyo state.
## Most Yoruba persons are respectful.
## Most Yoruba people are civil. Their engagement are mostly intellectually.
## Although, Yoruba people are very spiritual, you will rarely see a Yoruba person as religion extremist.
## Most young Yoruba are Hardworking, Tech savvy, honest and trust worthy. They are Omoluabi.
## A Yoruba person is not boastful.
## Most Yoruba person are contented.
## Most Yoruba are easygoing
## Few of the elderly Yoruba people have tribal mark on their faces.

Tori bi omo o ba daran la se n fun l'oruko. Those non-Yoruba people who are well determined to spoil Nigeria name both within and outside the country (in the name name of being a Nigerian) should be easily differentiated from Yoruba.

Good. But wait o, who ask you self? grin
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by 123ABCXYZ(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
RIP! I still have not forgiven you though for designing this boring Yoruba flag for Nigeria.
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Abifarin16: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
RIP Sir
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Georgejeez: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
For those saying , what's is inspiring in a plain Green white Green

Actually , his original design carried some other designs but the over Sabi Flag Committee removed them and approved the Green white Green, so it's not his fault ...

Honestly the flag na eye sore when compared to the Angolan flag and British Jack , only slightly better than the Japanese flag
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Morbeta11(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
He laboured in vain.....RIP Sir.
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by danilho(m): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Longinyamapucci:
Lazy man

Others are designing Angola flag and all you lazy has to do is green white Green.
You are so bitter and filled with hate. It has now gotten to the point where you unnecessarily hate on a patriot that lived a fulfilled life. It is all over for you. You are incurable, hatred kills faster than any other disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by oyoofong(m): 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
I read about this guy in primary school. I just hope he's been helped while alive and not to be wrapped by his flag and buried!
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Emola12(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
Rest in perfect peace daddy buh you would av design our flag with purple red and yellow
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by Heffalump(m): 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
jaguanana007:

SOURCE

The flagman was born in 1936, it then mean that he died at age 87 years and not 93.
RIP Sir. You've done your part.
Re: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! by simply22: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
May his soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaving Abuja For China With His Wife, Aisha & Daughter (Photos / Goodluck Jonathan Presents Report On Banditry And Terrorism In Nigeria (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu: Orji Kalu's Conviction Politically Motivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.