Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (1900 Views)

Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Before You Come To Ireland!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Helicase: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2023
This thread is dedicated to all well-meaning Nigerian-Trained Medical Laboratory Scientists who want to Japa to the Republic of Ireland.

Therefore, every discussion(s) and inquiry(ies) regarding this should be channeled here.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Helicase: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2023
LET'S BEGIN........

To work in Ireland as a Medical laboratory scientist, you must be registered and licensed by a body called CORU which is equivalent to MLSCN (in Nigeria).

When is it okay for me to start applying to work in Ireland as a Medical laboratory scientist?

Once you graduate, got your degree certificate and some experience. Your NYSC and internship are part of your experience provided you worked in a medical lab within those periods.

Do you need to make 2:1 (Second Class Honors, Upper divisions) to apply?
No, you don't need to.

Helicase:
This thread is dedicated to all well-meaning Nigerian-Trained Medical Laboratory Scientists who want to Japa to the Republic of Ireland.

Therefore, every discussion(s) and inquiry(ies) regarding this should be channeled here.

Thanks.

Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Helicase: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2023
How do I go about the process?

Firstly, you need an international passport.
Secondly, you need to be in good standing with MLSCN (meaning you must be up to date financially).

Thirdly, you must have no criminal record against you in Nigeria.

OK, how do I go about it?

OK, to be licensed in Ireland as a Medical Scientist, you will pass through two processes

Process one: Recognition
Process two: Registration.
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Helicase: 11:49am On Aug 31, 2023
What is Recognition all about?

It's a process of accessing your academic qualifications and work experience to know if it matches the standard obtainable in Republic Ireland.

How much does it take for Recognition?

410 Euros

what are the documents I need for Recognition?

They are:

1. University degree Certificate (BMLS Certificate)
2. Transcript from your university
3. Recommendation letters from previous workplaces.
4. CORU Recognition form (section 4)-downloaded from CORU web-site.
5. Evidence of Registration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist in Nigeria.
6. CORU Recognition Payment Receipt
7. Practicing License in Nigeria up to date
8. Proof of English Proficiency
9. International Passport
10. CPD Certificates.
11. Your University curriculum.

Once you have these, you can go to coru dot ie and apply by uploading these documents.
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Helicase: 11:50am On Aug 31, 2023
What if I don’t know how to go about it on the website?

Ask for help from those who have applied

How long does the Recognition Process take?
It can take up to 8 weeks or more depending. If provide everything required of you accurately, it will take less time.

After Recognition, what do I do?
You apply for Registration
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by MrSinister(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
Helicase the enzyme cheesy

Make una no run o!
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Ligase: 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
Op.
Please continue.

But Are you a Medical laboratory scientist yourself?
If yes, which school?
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Silentthinker(f): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2023
[quote author=Helicase post=125482777]What if I don’t know how to go about it on the website?

It can take up to 8 weeks or more depending. If provide everything required of you accurately, it will take less time.

This is indeed a very good trend.
Thank you for starting this.
How many years experience is needed?
Can I alao send you a dm?
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Oscargiles1294(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
This is a good one actually. I hope you can keep up with the thread. Thank you OP
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by divinelydiffere(f): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2023
What of HND holders?? Any hope. My sis has HND in science laboratory technology
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Vikalinda(m): 12:23am On Sep 04, 2023
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Helicase: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2023
What is Registration?

This is to officially put your name on CORU register where any employer or anybody can check if you are up to date with CORU.

How much is CORU registration?

100 euros

Helicase:
What if I don’t know how to go about it on the website?

Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by Villagepeople1: 12:33am On Sep 21, 2023
Good! Please who have registered?
Re: Migrating to Ireland as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by OmoFiditi: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2023
divinelydiffere:
What of HND holders?? Any hope. My sis has HND in science laboratory technology

Not the same profession.

MLSCN regulates Medical Laboratory Scientists and Technicians, and SLT curriculum does not measure up.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising / Pic - Check Out This Receipt I Found At The Atm / My Lovely Experience At The Us Embassy Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.