Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (9045 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Shut Down Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / Governor Abiodun Never Issued Any Statement In Response To Asiwaju Tinubu - OGSG / Governor Sanwo-Olu Begins Patching And Rehabilitation Of Bad Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by naptu2: 6:47am On Sep 01, 2023
Federal Government and Ogun State Government to jointly finance reconstruction and rehabilitation of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway as Dave Umahi visits Dapo Abiodun and tours Federal Ministry of Works projects in Ogun State.

Prince Dr. Dapo Abiodun - MFR, CON @dabiodunMFR

In furtherance to our commitment towards ensuring that all Federal government roads in Ogun State receives proper and immediate attention, we have today met with the Honourable Minister @FMWHNIG, His Excellency, Dave Umahi who was on a working visit to our office at Oke-Mosan.

Ogun State is notable for having the largest number of Federal roads and we duly informed the Honourable Minister of the hardship and discomfort being experienced by the good people of Ogun State plying these roads on a daily basis.

At our level, we have been doing our best by carrying out different forms of palliatives and in some cases, a total reconstruction of some of the Federal roads within our territory.

Some of the roads discussed, are the Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta, Sango Ota-Idi Iroko, Sagamu-Ogijo-Ikorodu, and Adatan-Gbonagun-Ibadan roads to mention but few.

We are glad that the Minister of Works had given us his assurances of a timely intervention on these roads for the overall benefit of everyone.

https://twitter.com/dabiodunMFR/status/1697255256315601193

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by naptu2: 6:47am On Sep 01, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDIfCxzATyI?si=l9Sx7RiEO6eeJtqt

During a courtesy visit by the Minister of @FMWHNIG Engr. @realdaveumahi - at the Governor’s office, Oke-Mosan, a proposal to jointly rehabilitate the Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta Federal expressway with the Ogun state government was made by the Minister of Works.

https://twitter.com/dabiodunMFR/status/1697340479543595212

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by naptu2: 6:47am On Sep 01, 2023
Federal Ministry of Works @FMWHNIG

The Honourable Minister, Federal Ministry of Works, Senator Dave Umahi on a courtesy visit to the Executive Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun CON, Governor of Ogun State on the 31st August, 2023

https://twitter.com/FMWHNIG/status/1697213060803399689

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by TemplarLandry: 6:48am On Sep 01, 2023
I got a feeling that Umahi will be a performing Minister.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by naptu2: 6:49am On Sep 01, 2023
Federal Ministry of Works @FMWHNIG

The Honourable Minister, Federal Ministry of Works, Senator Dave Umahi, Director, Highways South West, Engr Adedamola Kuti at the inspection of the Dualization of Abeokuta - Ajiboye Road in Ogun States on the 31st August, 2023

https://twitter.com/FMWHNIG/status/1697231534044934635

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by TemplarLandry: 6:49am On Sep 01, 2023
Go straight to the point.

2 Likes

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by helinues: 6:53am On Sep 01, 2023
DA meets Dave.

Big smile from both. To match DA cap and shoe sighted.

Development galore

grin

16 Likes

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by naptu2: 7:04am On Sep 01, 2023
FG, Ogun to Finance Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta Expressway Reconstruction

James Sowole in Abeokuta

Respite is on the way for commuters plying the Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta Expressway as the Federal Government on Thursday proposed to jointly rehabilitate the road with the Ogun State government.

The proposal was made by the Minister of Works, Mr. Dave Umahi, during a courtesy call on Governor Dapo Abiodun in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.

The minister was on a tour of federal roads in the Gateway State, along with officials of the ministry.

Umahi, while replying to Governor Abiodun on the frustration experienced by Ogun and Lagos States during the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to get the road done, disclosed that the period of bureaucracy in road construction in the country was over.

Umahi noted that if the Federal Government is looking for corporate organisations to get involved in road construction and management, state governments should not be denied the same opportunity.

He said: β€œLet me say something about the frustration you had while you and the Lagos State government wrote to take over the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta road. Let me announce to you that it falls under our new programme, HDMI, which is the High Way Development Management Initiative. It is a public-private partnership programme.

β€œPeople should begin to look at a state as a corporate entity. If you are looking for investors to come and invest on our roads; to construct, to own, to maintain and toll, why shouldn’t a state do that?

β€œSo, on this Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta road, I want us to work together, we’ve done 30% of the work. You can own 60%, we own 40% and you can do your portion of the 60%. You can give it to a contractor of your choice.

β€œI don’t believe in bureaucracy, we cannot reset the economy with the type of bureaucracy we have.

β€œIf I get your request on this by WhatsApp, I will respond to you immediately. We will handle it under our HDMI.”

The minister spoke on some other federal roads in the state, with some of them under reconstruction.

According to him, the Ikorodu-Sagamu remains about eight kilometres to be completed, with the deadline for its completion set for November.

Other roads are the Abeokuta-Ajebo road at 21% completed, the overlay of the Ore-Sagamu portion of the Sagamu-Ore-Benin carriageway and the Papalanto to the Benin Republic border, being executed by Dangote Group through the Tax Credit Scheme.

The minister, who also noted that the Federal Government under the leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is open to any state willing to have a Public Private Partnership (PPP) programme with it, said that the Federal Government is also planning to bring new security initiatives on the highways.

Umahi expressed appreciation to Ogun State for its commitment to repairing roads in its domain, whether state or federal.

β€œIn Ogun State, nobody is saying this is federal roads, this is state roads. When people are suffering, they don’t understand which one is which. Fix the roads and we can talk about who owns it. Anyone that is shouting and complaining is playing politics,” he said.

Addressing the entourage, Governor Abiodun recalled what he and his colleague in Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, went through getting the Federal Government’s permission to take over the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta Expressway.

He regretted that despite meeting some of the requirements by the Federal Government, the two states were frustrated, leading to further deterioration of the road.

He said: β€œI would like to highlight the Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta road. Ota is a city that has earned us the prestigious title of being the industrial capital of Nigeria. It is a city where we share boundaries with Lagos State and you can hardly tell the difference between Ota and Lagos State.

β€œThat road, I think the contract must have been awarded maybe in 2012 or 2010 under the administration of President Obasanjo. Since then, the contract has been subjected to so many reviews.

β€œWhen I assumed office, Governor Sanwo-Olu and I went to see President Buhari and we wrote one letter on a joint letterhead requesting for that road to be transferred to us.

β€œWe brought a letter from our bankers. At that point in time, it was probably about N70 billion, saying that this N70 billion that we want to put into the reconstruction of the road.

β€œThen, there was no minister. We were told that because the road is under contract, what they would like to do is to partner with the states and we said okay, let us sit down and discuss on the basis of the partnership.

β€œThat road is about 77 kilometres, let us discuss the basis of that partnership, Your Excellency, we made no progress.”

The governor commended the Federal Government for bringing a new lease of life into the way and manner that approvals are given for road construction.

Abiodun expressed the hope that the Federal Government would help to fast-track the reconstruction of the Sagamu end of the Sagamu-Ore road.

β€œI am hoping that you will be able to help us fast-track the construction of Sagamu-Ore road because we as a state government have continued to maintain that road. I am hoping you could use your good office to assist us in ensuring that the road is funded,” he said.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/08/31/fg-ogun-to-finance-lagos-ota-abeokuta-expressway-reconstruction

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Fugazy2023: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2023
siofragspot:
Ebonyi state is more developed than Ogun state, in terms of infrastructure

If I say you people are senseless and a clown them go talk say I don come again been tribalistic. If not that you are foolish, what is the basis for this comparism? And what are you trying to achieve with this nonsense comment.
If we start now, they will say we have started and una people will start playing victim.

Good one from Umahi

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by accordadoga26(f): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2023
Hahahakikiki

Good synergy!!

The FG should also do the same with other patriotic regions.

God bless SW, SS, the MB and the North

6 Likes

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2023
naptu2:
Federal Government and Ogun State Government to jointly finance reconstruction and rehabilitation of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway as Dave Umahi visits Dapo Abiodun and tours Federal Ministry of Works projects in Ogun State.

https://twitter.com/dabiodunMFR/status/1697255256315601193

Nigeria is a nation of illiterate and the citizens are very stupid. There are road in Nigeria which have been worked on since 1985 with no end.. when you take Lagos ibadan Road I think it is more than 15 years the road has been worked on. To let you know the people are so stupid when you go to America and Canada Nigerians are one of the most stupidest people only thing they know how to do deceive themselves

Nigeria is a nation of perpetual illiterate. Do only think the Nigerian people know how to do is be fooling themselves. When you travel around Africa you see Nigerians in other African countries selling Ankara and Gary they will be telling you they are the best black they are the most educated black why they are left in the world in everything. Nigerians are so illiterate in developed countries that you see them telling you that their roots in Nigeria are better than European rule their banks in Nigeria are better than European banks and all of them are jobless and unemployed idiot. Last in the world in everything

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Westerhoffe(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2023
smiley
Ogun State has the best road network in West Africa.
Good development.

1 Like

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Skillsnigeria: 7:21am On Sep 01, 2023
Noted
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by STEWpid(f): 7:21am On Sep 01, 2023
Chai..

How come some pipu are already sad about this progress..?

6 Likes

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Eagle360(m): 7:21am On Sep 01, 2023
Talk is cheap. Rejoice when that road is fixed.
That road have claimed many lives and I don't think we need media paparazzi just fix the road because it is government responsibilities.

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by accordadoga26(f): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2023
Fugazy2023:

If I say you people are senseless and a clown them go talk say I don come again been tribalistic. If not that you are foolish, what is the basis for this comparism? And what are you trying to achieve with this nonsense comment.
If we start now, they will say we have started and una people will start playing victim

Hahahakikiki

Na the mod dey give them liver.

Make mods go on holiday for just 2 months make we settle scores. I'm very sure by the time they are back from their holidays dem go meet peaceful nairaland because everybody go don know where dem belong.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Fafesot: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2023
I hope it works as planned..
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Trys: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2023
Nice
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2023
Hope it won't be an abandoned project
let's see how it goes
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Maxymilliano(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2023
Good one and hope it materializes ... One-way drive has become the norm on that road
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 01, 2023
We hope for the best for Nigeria and may God strengthen whoever has good intentions for the nation.

I pray it is not for show, they will fulfill it
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by accordadoga26(f): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

How come some pipu are already sad about this progress..?

Hahahakikiki

No people are sad except the πŸ–πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ– πŸ–πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–πŸ– πŸ–

5 Likes

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by opalu: 7:24am On Sep 01, 2023
Ok
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Trapnews: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2023
Fugazy2023:

If we start now, they will say we have started and una people will start playing victim
Guy, be calming down grin
This is nairaland where 95% of posters are on psychotic drugs. Don't ask me where i got my data too grin

4 Likes

Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:25am On Sep 01, 2023
The road is absolutely nothing to write home about.
I do hope this road gets the rehabilitation it truly requires as soon as possible and completed in quick time.
Re: FG & OGSG To Jointly Finance Rehabilitation Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 01, 2023
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta β€”FG / "If That Thing In Aso Rock Should Remove His Cap, People Will Run" -Nnamdi Kanu / Jegede Files Petition Against Akeredolu's Victory At Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.