Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun (19807 Views)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over β‚¦β€Ž500k In Their Bank Accounts / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment / Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by BoldBrainz(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bigchristo:
Get out you fool, using your shallow kind of mindset to access everyone you meet online maybe your father is a 50yrs old bricklayer just Dey play πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I get money pass you and your father πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I just knew I needed about three comments to poke you enough to drag my family into the exchange.

And to think you claimed to be educated enough to have mastered public decorum and respect..

Unlettered tout!

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Bigchristo: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I just knew I needed about three comments to poke you enough to drag my family into the exchange.

And to think you claimed to be educated enough to have mastered public decorum and respect..

Unlettered tout!
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by kaludestiny10(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
Please add mannagrills to that your list. Those people are pathetic souls.
ZombiePUNISHER:

Only a fool and tribal warlord supports APc

it takes nothing to know that since APc came on board we have been retrogressing as a country..

yet these senseless vampires supported Buhari for bloody eight years..
the likes of helinues and yamiro are people i share a country with.. OMG

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Ewedegubbler: 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wale Edun has a flat head, he ur IPOB, he hates Tinubu

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by saintokwuluora(m): 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2023
Vision101:
@saintokwuluora
Nigeria's economy was stable during Jonathan's regime but the greedy wicked Jagaban deceived the gullible and they sacked Jonathan, destabilised the economy in their mad grabbing of public wealth since 2015 and finally threw it to the waste bin on May 29 2023.

@me
The stability didn't come by careful planning and execution. It was stumbled upon through high oil price. As soon as the oil price started going down there was crisis. That was when okonjo-iweala proposed subsidy removal.

The truth is that all our leaders where planless when we were in plenty and in lack. The Lagos state example was that the state planned without looking at easy ways out - short and long term, revenue expansion (this is key), revenue mix (no focus on unstable income source like oil), blockage of leakages etc. With this any economy will be reasonably stable.

I think that is what tinubu is trying to bring at the national level. Look at his appointments in finance, trade and investment, budget and planning, solid mineral, blue economy, fiscal and tax policy and gas. These are his key people.

We need to create wealth to enjoy wealth. My major concern is corruption.

SMH; economic stability was stumbled upon...but with noble hallucinations of a druggie it was destabilised...that's the summary.
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by TheGift: 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/01/the-last-time-nigerias-economy-was-stable-was-about-a-decade-ago-wale-edun/

In other words, the last time the Nigerian Economy was stable was before APC was formed and came into power.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by tnerro1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chai, I miss those PDP days mennn!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by stepaside1: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2023
Economy was stable in 2013 and early part of 2014 because of high oil price at the time and we were producing at almost 2 million barrels per day at well over $100 for almost 5 years. As soon as oil price started crashing in late 2014, the economy started tanking. No provision to cushion immediate impact of low oil price to the extent that we started borrowing to pay salaries.

The 4 key things that impacted Buhari's govt was low oil price for much of his time, lack of support of the Saraki-led Senate in his first term, insecurity and covid19. Furthermore the Buhari govt was too lazy to apply reforms to boost the economy. It resorted to borrowing and money printing as the way out.

That said, Tinubu and Co had to support Buhari because doing so was his only path to the Presidency. Only those with no long term political strategy will still be blaming Tinubu for supporting Buhari. Today that strategy has yielded results and he now has the chance to set Nigeria on the path of progress and prosperity. Time will tell if this was a good strategy
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Burob: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
saintokwuluora:

SMH; economic stability was stumbled upon...but with noble hallucinations of a druggie it was destabilised...that's the summary.
Please try & make sense, or are you accepting that you have failed because of the Federal Government?

What of your States & Local Government, are they not more responsible for your well being?
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by duro4chang(m): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2023
Newton2024:
helinues yarimo FreeStuffsNG seunmsg madridguy Ttalk AntiChristian duro4chang lhordspy etc.

Why did you notorious hypocrites and hired syncophants of APC ignore this post?
I know you have not recovered from the defeat you and your lord and savior peter obi suffered in the last election. But know it today that obi can never never be president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Khyrvxjzy: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
Rich4god:

Lol.... Who among the candidate do you think is better of.

Or is it because obi just happened to be igbo.

thats where you guys get it wrong

democracy is not people coming together to determine who is better

choice is a personal thing

choose your and i choose mine, anything apart from that is a problem

on who is better? no one is better
Nigeria government is an institution not a person so let focus on institution and office

the truth is people here on nairaland supporting politician are jobless like me. people that are busy and working dont care about politician,
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by MMWandali: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2023
That was under PDP

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by LZAA: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
I for talk butπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by LZAA: 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2023
stepaside1:
Economy was stable in 2013 and early part of 2014 because of high oil price at the time and we were producing at almost 2 million barrels per day at well over $100 for almost 5 years. As soon as oil price started crashing in late 2014, the economy started tanking. No provision to cushion immediate impact of low oil price to the extent that we started borrowing to pay salaries.

The 4 key things that impacted Buhari's govt was low oil price for much of his time, lack of support of the Saraki-led Senate in his first term, insecurity and covid19. Furthermore the Buhari govt was too lazy to apply reforms to boost the economy. It resorted to borrowing and money printing as the way out.

That said, Tinubu and Co had to support Buhari because doing so was his only path to the Presidency. Only those with no long term political strategy will still be blaming Tinubu for supporting Buhari. Today that strategy has yielded results and he now has the chance to set Nigeria on the path of progress and prosperity. Time will tell if this was a good strategy

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by saintokwuluora(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2023
Burob:
Please try & make sense, or are you accepting that you have failed because of the Federal Government?

What of your States & Local Government, are they not more responsible for your well being?
Are you frustrated defending stupidity? Which State governor or LG Chairman increased pump price overnight without preparations for the consequential suffering on the masses.

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by mabea: 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2023
Angelfrost:

Well, there is a limit to the effectiveness of even the best Propaganda... Eventually, the most chronic liars will admit the hard truth.

Nigeria has horribly retrogressed since APC took over... No amount of sugar-coating can hide or cover this.
I admire your objectivity in every discuss

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by perrychemical: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
Ten years ago was pdp gej era

So economic was last active when pdp was there and the foolish tinubu was rioting that Nigeria must enter apc hands to kill it.

I think this puts to bed the stupidity of apc supporters always blaming pdp for rot when they are the rot itself

Many of you are not intelligent enough to read and understand the criticality of this discussion. Many of the factors that enable growth are no more there, the reason for the present economy mesh. With the present reality, government must take strategic step to ensure real growth in different sectors of the economy rather than extractive sector, which is even more sustainable. What we need in Nigeria is growth in the real sector through innovation, and technology. No country achieve sustainable growth with just proceed from the sale of crude oil, rather through sustainable innovations. Africa can only experience geometric development if we can develop the culture of value addition from most of our natural resources.

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by zoedew: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2023
taylor89:
Wale Edun is an Igbo name

He’s from Anambra

We won’t take this

He’s an IPOB

Yoruba Ronu
The number of likes speaks volumes about the faculties in control of the fingers that clicked on them!
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Gerrard59(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2023
It's a major reason my signature is what it's and will remain so for generations to come.

Where's Sagamite who loved and campaigned for the feudal terrorist called Buhari? What does he have to say?

We've been vindicated!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by ajsans: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
Gerrard59:
It's a major reason my signature is what it's and will remain so for generations to come.

Where's Sagamite who loved and campaigned for the feudal terrorist called Buhari? What does he have to say?

We've been vindicated!

You forgot to add Jarus as well.

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by bentenny(m): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2023
taylor89:
Wale Edun is an Igbo name

He’s from Anambra

We won’t take this

He’s an IPOB

Yoruba Ronu
U are wicked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Oliver14(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2023
igwebuike01:
The consequences of Igbo marginalization. Meanwhile Igbos are thriving in their individual businesses while the economy is sinking
Yet they wail more than others.

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by bentenny(m): 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2023
Guyman01:
Tinubu's Govt is dominated by Igbos, just look at what this Igbo man Uwale Educhukwu is telling Nigerians about the economy performing better a decade ago before Buhari took over
Father lord grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by hansomb: 2:32am On Sep 02, 2023
igwebuike01:
The consequences of Igbo marginalization. Meanwhile Igbos are thriving in their individual businesses while the economy is sinking
Because of selfishness.
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Gajagojo: 2:37am On Sep 02, 2023
igwebuike01:

Which of the business
Tramadol or amphetamines?

You always reduce every conversation to Igbos

Your inferiority complex is incurable
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by siofragspot: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2023
kayperry:

Stop of you are just sick mentally, Abacha loot for the pass 20yrs we never collect am finish

Incase you know, Babagida institutionalize corruption and fraud in Nigeria go n ask your parent
The military govt are most corrupt system of govt witnessed in africa they steal with impunity

The politicians are the most corrupt government. All the resource of the country stolen since 1999 by this politicians is mind boggling. More than all the military government years put together.

Get your facts...
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by kayperry: 8:17am On Sep 02, 2023
siofragspot:

The politicians are the most corrupt government. All the resource of the country stolen since 1999 by this politicians is mind boggling. More than all the military government years put together.

Get your facts...

You think politicians that are under restrains and efcc watch have stolen more money than military that have full impunity to steal as they like ... c"mon what happened to c'mon sense

Abacha loots are in dollars and every single loot of Abacha discovered is more compared to what any politicians looted at a time.

Why not tell me the biggest amount a politician stole ? not rumors bring fact
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by lagosrd: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2023
That should be during Obasanjo's PDP golden era

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by siofragspot: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2023
kayperry:

You think politicians that are under restrains and efcc watch have stolen more money than military that have full impunity to steal as they like ... c"mon what happened to c'mon sense

Abacha loots are in dollars and every single loot of Abacha discovered is more compared to what any politicians looted at a time.

Why not tell me the biggest amount a politician stole ? not rumors bring fact
Shutap!

Abacha never stole any money- General Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Newton2024: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2023
duro4chang:
I know you have not recovered from the defeat you and your lord and savior peter obi suffered in the last election. But know it today that obi can never never be president.
Obi's presidency will heal you bro. Your healing is coming. A new Nigeria is POssible.

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by damoobaba: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2023
Racoon:
Still affirming that the APC has truly bastardized the economy. Truth is truly always bitter to tell. APC morons see as them dey disgrace una

Buhari was a disaster, and his performance nearly ruined Asiwaju's opportunity to become President. The only option Asiwaju had to become President was to support Buhari so as to get Buhari's support as well. Tinubu needed every support he could get for the Presidency and he toiled his way to get it from the South south, the North and many parts of the south west. I can go on and on but you need to understand that politics is not chestbeating, a yoruba proverb says A POWERFUL MAN WITHOUT SENSE WILL BE EASILY DEFATED IN BATTLE. Igbos need to add sense to their strength if they want to be relevant and given the respect that they crave for.
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by kayperry: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2023
siofragspot:

Shutap!

Abacha never stole any money- General Buhari

another escapee of yabaleft .. smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos-Abidjan Highway Will Be Built With Concrete – Umahi / Aisha Buhari And Other Women At Social Media Change Agents Gathering Last Night / Bola Tinubu, Amosun, Others At Dolapo Osinbajo's 50th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.