Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun (19893 Views)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment / Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Bigchristo: 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

That nigga was being sarcastic bro. Some of you need to return to school to acquire more knowledge.
He wasn’t sarcastic about it and mind you never try that next time you don’t know my educational background so don’t use such words on me
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Ikpunnegi01: 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2023
All of una go suffer grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by BoldBrainz(m): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
Okoroawusa:
Most people that commented on the first page didn't read the article...

My comment is on the first page, yet I found yours on the third page. Evidence enough to tell you that I read the article and attendant comments in their entirety.

What exactly is the point you're trying to make?

3 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by BoldBrainz(m): 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bigchristo:
He wasn’t sarcastic about it and mind you never try that next time you don’t know my educational background so don’t use such words on me

Your inability to properly apply punctuations in your written submissions, is enough to inform any observer about your educational background, or lack of it thereof!

Sit down and be humble, fool!

3 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Reference(m): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2023
I think what Mr. Wale Edun needs to do is to engage the three mass employment bricks and mortar sectors, that is agriculture, construction and the extractive industry and work with the leading firms to massively expand operations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by kayperry: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
siofragspot:

The military regime was more credible than these worthless corrupt politicians.

Stop of you are just sick mentally, Abacha loot for the pass 20yrs we never collect am finish

Incase you know, Babagida institutionalize corruption and fraud in Nigeria go n ask your parent
The military govt are most corrupt system of govt witnessed in africa they steal with impunity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
Then PDP was still in power!

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by theophorus(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2023
nairalanda1:
A decade ago, was 2013, when oil prices had been above $100 and had been so since 2010, with a previous high of $145 in 2008, meaning more money, dollars and investment flowed in. In other words a boom period.

But then after the reggae came the blues...in 2014, April, the Saudis decided to play a game of chicken with the USA over oil prices, and the result was an oil price crash.

Deja vu again.

In 1973, oil prices went up by very high rates thanks to Yom Kippur war...and remained high for most of the rest of the decade. By 1981, we were spending more than we could chew, and then came the October 1982 crash...and then for the rest of the 1980's, we were living in poverty.

Yeah, the economy was 'stable' 10 years ago...because oil prices had been at an all time high. If oil had been low back then, shit would have hit the ceiling.

Dutch disease.

In 2004, we got a warning about what would happen..

10 years ago, we had boomtime...then the revenues fell down.

If you want to know why our economy has always been a mess, and why people were complaining in the midst of plenty...read the above.

Right now, we are where we are in the late 1980's.

What it would take is simple. We have to stop relying on oil money.

Kai! How I wish everyone can read this.
Even in the midst of the brouhaha on Frontpage, you still put great knowledge here for those who have understanding.

Well Done.

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by do4luv14(m): 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2023
Honest Man, reporting

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Vision101(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2023
@Racoon
Still affirming that the APC has truly bastardized the economy. Truth is truly always bitter to tell. APC morons see as them dey disgrace una.

@me
Stop talking about party. The key driver of growth pre-2013 was high oil price and not anything.

Our leaders have been vision-less uptil now irrespective of party.

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Bigchristo: 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Your inability to properly apply punctuations in your written submissions, is enough to inform any observer about your educational background, or lack of it thereof!

Sit down and be humble, fool!
We are not in the class room nor writing an exam so shut the f#ck up, I can decide to write whatever way it pleases me that’s not your problem, all these fools parading themselves as educated people here in Nairaland but lack sense of respecting people, Education shouldn’t be just writing properly it teaches you how to respect people…. All your education bragging ends when you start behaving like a tout
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Abifarin16: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
SpatialKing:
So what exactly did Osinbajo and Buhari achieve in government

Same people Tinubu and South West supported twice

Buhari performed so bad that some people thought he was cloned..

Haahaah. Very unlike him performance right.
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by dragunov: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
Racoon:
Still affirming that the APC has truly bastardized the economy. Truth is truly always bitter to tell. APC morons see as them dey disgrace una

H
What you guys don't realize is that performance in governance is not determined by political parties, hence, changing political parties is not the solution. It's the same people in APC that are in PDP and LP. It is the individuals in the parties that are the problem. Buhari and his Fulanis ran the country aground because his agenda was different from what he was touting under APC. He wanted to actually transfer everything refered to as commonwealth to his clans men; all natural resources both above and below the earth crust. But God no gree am. Even the Niger Republic he was spending our money on as a last escape resort is no longer within his reach. At least for now.
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by enemyofprogress: 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Decade? Is that not about one hundred years ago?
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Metrofox(m): 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
Of course, a bad man tinubu will destroy a country by pushing forth buhari just to rule over the ruins

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by XAUBulls: 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2023
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by phr0nesis(m): 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bigchristo:
He was being sarcastic. The man's name is Wale Edun (A Yoruba man). The person twisted it to appear like an Igbo name (U- wale Edu -chukwu) to spite APC supporters who always tag anyone criticizing this government as an IPOB

3 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by onyxo76(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2023
meaning that apc came to steal, kill and destroy, so they agree that the pdp regime did better right?

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by BoldBrainz(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bigchristo:
We are not in the class room nor writing an exam so shut the f#ck up, I can decide to write whatever way it pleases me that’s not your problem, all these fools parading themselves as educated people here in Nairaland but lack sense of respecting people, Education shouldn’t be just writing properly it teaches you how to respect people…. All your education bragging ends when you start behaving like a tout

Your education is useless if your 2megabytes brain cannot understand written messages in a public forum. The bedrock of education at any level is the understanding and interpretation of concepts, of which you have monumentally failed in.

And you're in no place to speak of public decency and respect when your idiocy first propelled you to apply condescending tones and replies to comments herein.

So whoever you think you are and whatever you're delusional enough to believe you're worth in today's society, do yourself some good to shut the fvck up, sit down and be humble, as earlier suggested!!

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Nwaajasa: 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
That's to say during PDP

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by 9jahotblog: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
Buhari destroyed Nigeria economy no be small oooo.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Rich4god(m): 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

even though my choice is tinubu, i am still hes greatest critic, unemployment is 4%, just imagine
thank God someone is saying the truth

what i dont like about ibo is that u must not vote for anybody than obi and thats not democracy

Lol.... Who among the candidate do you think is better of.

Or is it because obi just happened to be igbo.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Bigchristo: 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Your education is useless if your 2megabytes brain cannot understand written messages in a public forum. The bedrock of education at any level is the understanding and interpretation of concepts, of which you have monumentally failed in.

And you're in no place to speak of public decency and respect when your idiocy first propelled you to apply condescending tones and replies to comments herein.

So whoever you think you are and whatever you're delusional enough to believe you're worth in today's society, do yourself some good to shut the fvck up, sit down and be humble, as earlier suggested!!
You can write a full epistle insulting your entire generation, that’s your business it doesn’t change the fact that you are an idiot for trying to hit on punctuation and grammar in a language that’s borrowed from foreigners, most of us here use our pidgin English and even as far as our native languages to write in a public forum which you’ve never at anytime tried to correct them and that doesn’t make them less educated like you’ve claimed, so this makes me to understand that you are very dull person, I don’t need to write and apply punctuation before you can understand my expression so keep your English in your pocket then shut up your dirty mouth and go get money…. Agbaya
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by aderadio1: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
He will soon be sacked. PDP mole. Jagaban should be careful of those he trust.
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by BoldBrainz(m): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bigchristo:
You can write a full epistle insulting your entire generation, that’s your business it doesn’t change the fact that you are an idiot for trying to hit on punctuation and grammar in a language that’s borrowed from foreigners, most of us here use our pidgin English and even as far as our native languages to write in a public forum which you’ve never at anytime tried to correct them and that doesn’t make them less educated like you’ve claimed, so this makes me to understand that you are very dull person, I don’t need to write and apply punctuation before you can understand my expression so keep your English in your pocket then shut up your dirty mouth and go get money…. Agbaya

Blah blah blah!

You need that money more than I do. So you can return to school and learn to recognise sarcasm when you see it.

Messing up nairaland and my phone screen with your slimy saliva isn't going to change the fact that you're a dunce with a pea-sized brain and the smelling ego of a failed 50year old bricklayer!

Oponu!

1 Like

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Vision101(m): 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
@saintokwuluora
Nigeria's economy was stable during Jonathan's regime but the greedy wicked Jagaban deceived the gullible and they sacked Jonathan, destabilised the economy in their mad grabbing of public wealth since 2015 and finally threw it to the waste bin on May 29 2023.

@me
The stability didn't come by careful planning and execution. It was stumbled upon through high oil price. As soon as the oil price started going down there was crisis. That was when okonjo-iweala proposed subsidy removal.

The truth is that all our leaders where planless when we were in plenty and in lack. The Lagos state example was that the state planned without looking at easy ways out - short and long term, revenue expansion (this is key), revenue mix (no focus on unstable income source like oil), blockage of leakages etc. With this any economy will be reasonably stable.

I think that is what tinubu is trying to bring at the national level. Look at his appointments in finance, trade and investment, budget and planning, solid mineral, blue economy, fiscal and tax policy and gas. These are his key people.

We need to create wealth to enjoy wealth. My major concern is corruption.
Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Atlantis585: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2023
So true.
Which party was in power 10 years ago?
And which party has been in power for the last 8 years abeg?
Certainly APC (A Party of Crooks).
Truth can’t be hidden for too long.
APC is both a disappointment and a disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Etyfy: 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
Emilokan was a total phrase for democratic coup. No more no less. I have always said that APC never had plans like buhari like Tinubu,their objective has always been power grabbing and looting of national wealth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun by Bigchristo: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Blah blah blah!

You need that money more than I do. So you can return to school and learn to recognise sarcasm when you see it.

Messing up nairaland and my phone screen with your slimy saliva isn't going to change the fact that you're a dunce with a pea-sized brain and the smelling ego of a failed 50year old bricklayer!

Oponu!
Get out you fool, using your shallow kind of mindset to access everyone you meet online maybe your father is a 50yrs old bricklayer just Dey play 😂😂😂

I get money pass you and your father 😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Tinubu Names New Heads For NCC, Galaxy Backbone, NIGCOMSAT / APC Wins Lagos West Senatorial Seat / Senators Would Soon Be Stoned - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.