Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose (25571 Views)

2023: Abuja Now My Home, I’m Very Afraid Of Wike – Amaechi / I’m Very Fearful, Unhappy About Insecurity In Nigeria –Chief Odigie-Oyegun / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by peekspot(m): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2023
A former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, says he is pleased with developments in Gabon following soldiers’ seizure of power in the oil-rich Central African country.

In an exclusive interview on Channels Television’s Hard Copy on Friday, Fayose said that while he does not support military intervention in politics, he believes the recent wave of coups across the continent is the result of the sit-tight syndrome.

“I am very happy with what happened in Gabon, I don’t like military incursions in politics,” he said.

The military officers had on Wednesday toppled Gabon’s President, Ali Bongo, who has been in power for 14 years, hours after he was declared the victor in Saturday’s elections.

But Fayose does not see such happening in Nigeria despite the shortcomings in the country’s democratic journey.

“Remember that, now in Nigeria, you can see an interrupted democratic process. You can see that we know after four years there will be an election. Nigeria has gone from one party to another party, one person to another person in the space of time.

But in a country where one man is spending 30 years, 20 years, 40 years, they must boot him out of the place, whichever way. That’s different from Nigeria’s setting,” he said.

“You can’t spend more than a particular number of years but don’t compare it with Nigeria. I’m not saying anything cannot happen – no coup.

“When you talk here, they will go and report you. They will come and carry you in the house because, the moment you hear about a coup and you do not report it – let me say to you, you deserve to be killed,” he said.

Buttressing his point, Fayose compared the oil-rich nation’s population to that of Nigeria, saying “Nigeria has a 200 million population, Gabon is 2.5 million, Ekiti is even more than Gabon”.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/09/01/coup-im-very-happy-with-what-happened-in-gabon-fayose/

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by TemplarLandry: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
The putsch in Gabon gladdens my heart too.

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by taylor89(m): 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
God wey do am for Gabon go do am for us

It’s a matter of time

Africa revolution has started

Everybody go collect

219 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Tochi3(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2023
Fayose thinking & talking garangajally nowadays..

Does fayose think that the Military coup Was all about being in power for 20 or 30 yrs.. There are other issues Mr fayose..

I hope he saw Videos of stacked up travelling bags with foreign currencies... grin grin i thought they said this man is intelligent

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by EyeCumInPeace: 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nigeria =200m
Gabon =2.4m
Nigeria is big enough to birth over 50 countries.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by eagleu: 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The putsch in Gabon gladdens my heart too.

We're praying to God in Nigeria, and he is answering in Gabon

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Jamieb(m): 9:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
it's a good thing though. Everyone should be happy .There is no difference between this military and a single family ruling a country for over 50 years.

For God sake, this isn't monarchy or hereditary form of government.

Meanwhile, please watch and subscribe to my channel please.

Why We Sacked Ali Bongo ( Gabon Coup D'etat 2023 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enFTYH0guPE?si=a-m_aoZSKG4xpClz

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Frigga13: 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2023
He said it can happen in Nigeria…. Say what .. anything can happen.. coup.

Na just time ..

E no benefit anyone .. yes .. but it will help reset brains

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Racoon(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
Fayose believes the recent wave of coups across the continent is the result of the sit-tight syndrome.
Well said Fayose. However a coup can happen anywhere leaders became sit-tight power desperate tyrants. Meanwhile, does Fayose still recall that there is no difference between this and those involved in desperate criminal and unconstitutional capture of state?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by naijaking1: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Racoon:
he believes the recent wave of coups across the continent is the result of the sit-tight syndrome.

Sit-tight syndrome and grab it, steal it, run with it which is worse?

21 Likes

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Turboking(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
taylor89:
God wey do am for Gabon go do am for us

It’s a matter of time

Africa revolution has started

Everybody go collect
nwokem, be careful oo. This wailing don dey make U thin oo tongue

8 Likes

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by omowolewa: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2023
Okay,

There are many reasons why coup is not going to happen in Nigeria. Coup is not by the masses but elites.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by gaby(m): 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2023
Make e no complain when e reach here oh...because sit-tight and electoral coup na the same mama and papa born dem oh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by adekolaelect(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2023
eagleu:

We're praying to God in Nigeria, and he is answering in Gabon
At least Judiciary can not manifest your want any more. Who you want will become the president and that your prayer will be answered.

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Kestolove(m): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2023
2.5 million such Given resources... They suppose b d best country in d world

10 Likes

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2023
Only agabdo mudafukas are not happy.

They have a culture of slavery in them.

God bless reasonable Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by 001Lagos: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
I hope you will say the same if what happened in Gabon happen in Nigeria
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Christistruth03: 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2023
omowolewa:
Okay,

There are many reasons why coup is not going to happen in Nigeria. Coup is not by the masses but elites.

General Abdulsalami Left
Obasanjo left
Jonathan left
Buhari left

All left through Democratic Elections

Nigeria is a Democracy

101 Likes

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Sultanofpiglets: 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2023
The beating of LASTMA officials by Military men doesn't even show you anything.

The Military will soon beat Tinubu, and when you shout Southern Unity, na that time Thunder go smash your gbegiri brain.. cool

Christistruth03:

Obasanjo left
Jonathan left
Buhari left

All left through Democratic Elections

Nigeria is a Democracy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Treasure17(m): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
I'm with Fayose on it. It's gradually happening in Nigeria and until we rise as people to condemn this barbaric selfish entitlement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by GoodRocks: 8:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Only France ain't happy with the recent revolution going on in Africa.

Some idiots attacking Gabonese military haven't even seen the outcasted president, like the man can't even walk without walking stick and people holding him around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by money121(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Ok now
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by smokinloud(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2023
True talk!.
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Guyman01: 8:30am On Sep 02, 2023
Gabon INEC shutdown the transmission of the results and later announced Bongo as winner with 64%, this is a script taken from the playbook of Nigeria's INEC which is similar to a coup.
This is why Africans are not taking Tinubu's words seriously as ECOWAS Chairman because the process that brought him is flawed just like Late Umaru Yar'adua once declared as a man of honour.

Now INEC is telling Nigerians that votes would be transmitted from the polling units in the forthcoming Kogi elections and everyone just laughed at INEC including Tinubu, Atiku and Obi supporters meaning that citizens have lost confidence in INEC and Yakubu Mahmud should have honourably resigned because declaring losers as winners from Councillor to Senate to Governor is a coup but he feels Nigerians would soon move on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by triple996(m): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2023
I was initially against the coup, but when I realised that the country had been ruled by one family, honestly I dont blame them. In fact am I
support of the coup and I see Cameroon as next target.

But it cant happen in Nigeria because all the countries doing coup are doing it because they want to be free from France slavery. No anglophon country among the coup states

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by ClassicMan202(m): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2023
Could this wave of coups be like the Arab Spring?

Africans should wake up.
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by sylve11: 8:30am On Sep 02, 2023
Hmmm cool
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by HateBigots: 8:31am On Sep 02, 2023
grin... Fayose is now IPOB for supporting military coup according to some corn-fused miscreants.

A rare photo of FreeShitNg and co. waiting for the next propaganda to share.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by gentposh: 8:32am On Sep 02, 2023
Your file with us at the EFCC is at its conclusive stages .. I hope you'd be happy when we visit.
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2023
There's hardly any military coupe in African countries that won't be supported!

The African democracy is a sham and scam!

Only the wicked, illegitimately rich and powerful secures power!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano Apologizes To Peter Obi, As They Reconcile (photos) / Residents Destroy Buhari, Masari Billboards In Katsina, Protest Insecurity / Ex-generals Demand Crackdown As Terrorists Kill Over 700 Soldiers In 18 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.