Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose (25620 Views)

2023: Abuja Now My Home, I’m Very Afraid Of Wike – Amaechi / I’m Very Fearful, Unhappy About Insecurity In Nigeria –Chief Odigie-Oyegun / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Osibajo2023: 11:52am On Sep 02, 2023
taylor89:
God wey do am for Gabon go do am for us

It’s a matter of time

Africa revolution has started

Everybody go collect
lol, confused obidients
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Error401: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2023
Nigeria is totally different. A coup at this age will be very difficult, its almost impossible

taylor89:
God wey do am for Gabon go do am for us

It’s a matter of time

Africa revolution has started

Everybody go collect
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by MeineMutter: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
nedekid:

Yeah, that is what is unfortunately called big for nothing.
Look at it rather in terms of gdp per capita.
Gabon $10,000 (Third highest in Africa)
Nigeria $2,100
Even Zimbabwe despite all sanctions has a higher gdp per capita than "giant of Africa . No be juju be that?

GDP is not a good measure of how good or better a country is.

Once you have high population than another country, your GDP tend to be low.

The formula being used in calculating GDP, Gross Dometic Product, which is the total value of goods and services produced locally in a country is:

Total value of those goods/services produced locally DIVIDED BY total population of that country.

For example, if Gabon’s GDP is $5,000,000 and it’s population is 2million, its GDP per capita will be $5,000,000 DIVIDED BY 2million people of Gabon.
You will then get $2.5 GDP per capita.

In the case of Nigeria: if Nigeria’s GDP is $5,000,000 and her population is 200,000,000, her GDP per capita income will be $0.025.

You now see how population plays a role in calculating GDP.

One of the problems GDP has is that: it is difficult to capture or value some other people’s output in an economy.

For instance, how do you value or calculate the output of a roadside vulcanizer or a palm wine tapper and add it to total value of goods/services produced in an economy in a given year?

A lot of things escape being added to values of GDP figures uk you see out there.

Likewise, as conscious efforts are being made to avoid double-counting (a value already created twice), many values created are still double-counted.

Even if economists give (or leave) margin of error in their calculations of GDP, it can never be up to 85% accurate.

Abi if your roof is leaking and you bought aluminum zinc and fix it by yourself without calling a carpenter, how can the value of work you did be quantified AND be added to GDP of Nigeria?
You can only quantify it by knowing what a carpenter man would have collected from you for fixing the leaking roof BUT nobody in CBN or in our economic council is able to add this value to our GDP.

You can now imagine how many values go un-captured in any GDP figure you see out there.

The little GDP figure you see being reported are either from official portal of trades and businesses documented with government and many truckloads of guesswork.

There are a lot to say about GDP and GNP (Gross National Product) but I leave you to search or read further on those terminologies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by nedekid: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2023
MeineMutter:

GDP is not a good measure of how good or better a country is.

Once you have high population than another country, your GDP tend to be low.

The formula being used in calculating GDP, Gross Dometic Product, which is the total value of goods and services produced locally in a country is:

Total value of those goods/services produced locally DIVIDED BY total population of that country.

For example, if Gabon’s GDP is $5,000,000 and it’s population is 2million, its GDP per capita will be $5,000,000 DIVIDED BY 2million people of Gabon.
You will then get $2.5 GDP per capita.

In the case of Nigeria: if Nigeria’s GDP is $5,000,000 and her population is 200,000,000, her GDP per capita income will be $0.025.

You now see how population plays a role in calculating GDP.

One of the problems GDP has is that: it is difficult to capture or value some other people’s output in a economy.

For instance, how do you value or calculate the output of a roadside vulcanizer or a palm wine tapper and add it to total value of goods/services produced in an economy in a given year?

A lot of things escape being added to values of GDP figures uk you see out there.

Likewise, as conscious efforts are being made to avoid double-counting (a value already created twice), many values created are still double-counted.

Even if economists give (or leave) margin of error in their calculations of GDP, it can never be up to 85% accurate.

Abi if your roof is leaking and you bought aluminum zinc and fix it by yourself without calling a carpenter, how can the value of work you did be quantified AND be added to GDP of Nigeria?
You can only quantify it by knowing what a carpenter man would have collected from you for fixing the leaking roof BUT nobody in CBN or in our economic council is able to add this value to our GDP.

You can now imagine how many values go un-captured in any GDP figure you see out there.

The little GDP figure you see being reported are either from official portal of trades and businesses documented with government and many truckloads of guesswork.

There are a lot to say about GDP and GNP (Gross National Product) but I leave you to search or read further on those terminologies.
Thank you for the detailed explanation.
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by MeineMutter: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2023
nedekid:

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

You are welcome, my brother.
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by okuta007: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2023
GlorifiedTunde:
There's hardly any military coupe in African countries that won't be supported!

The African democracy is a sham and scam!

Only the wicked, illegitimately rich and powerful secures power!

my brother you are very correct

let anyone say anything about military

regime bring evil - one thing i will love to see

come back again is security - every military

regime no matter how bad it is Always ensure

they don’t play with internal security like

the civilian government is doing

in 1999 when the military left, the only form

of kidnapping was done at the deep creeks of

oil workers - and the military too did a lot to

smoke them out - it was never on mainland

Nigeria - then you could travel from Lagos

to Kaduna taking night luxury bus - only fear

was reckless drunk driver NOT kidnappers

on the highway - the military have no time

fir long trials and political influence

once a criminal goes to a special offenses

tribunal e must collect bullet within a month

those of you who were alive and mature

enough to know what’s going on, was the

Nigeria of 1989 to 1999 if it was a current

country not worthy to sell all your belongings

and jappa to for N5 million

at least there was sanity in Nigeria to some

extent under military rule

As long as tou leave them alone to do their

thing and not try to bully them with democracy

wahala they had no problem with you

The military built more infrastructures in

Nigeria without borrowing one kobo

all the so-called refineries we can’t even

maintain we’re all built by the military

3td mainland bridge all functional airports

(international) we’re all built without borrowing

if na for security alone - please bring back the

military- once they get intel of terror sponsors

they have no time for too much grammar

them go just off the person quietly - make

peace dey the kontri

lord i miss those days
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Horus(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2023

Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by Realist777: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
Chetas81:
your own candidate,is here giving you wotowoto I don't know if you're Yoruba or igbo or Hausa, only the truth you know can set you free
I'm a realist Nigerian that understand that your wish for a military take-over of governance in Nigeria only emanated from the grudges you bear towards the people in power.
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by IfnobeGod20: 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bad governance is also a coup against the people. You cannot impoverish the people and expect the same people to fold their arms and not defend themselves from the claws of the tax masters. Bad governance and seating tight in government are all the same and both deserve to be booted out through coup or any available means.
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by iamtardey: 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
At this point ehn anything can happen
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by ahamonyeka(m): 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Same will soon happen in nigeria
Re: Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose by johnaruson(m): 1:38am On Sep 03, 2023
Also be happy when it will happen in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fans Blast Joseph Yobo On Twitter For Supporting Jonathan Via His Speech / Patricia Etteh To Be Called To The Nigerian Bar / New Lagos VIS Headquarters Commissioned By Sanwo-Olu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.