Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate (25066 Views)

Tax Appeal Tribunal Could Kill Your Business In 6 Months / Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling / Osun Governorship: ‘How Tinubu Influenced Composition Of Appeal Tribunal Panel' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by peekspot(m): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2023
Hon. Frank Chinasa, the candidate of the Labour Party for the Bende Federal Constituency election, Abia State, has finally surrendered the seat to the Deputy Speaker of the House, Hon. Benjamin Kalu.

The LP candidate, while making this known to reporters in Abuja on Friday, said the decision followed his compassion for the constituency.

DAILY POST reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had declared Kalu of the All Progressives Congress, APC winner of the February 25 election after garnering 10,020 out of the 22,308 total votes.

Not satisfied with the outcome of the election, the LP candidate subsequently approached the National Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal in Umuahia, the Abia State capital with the aim to upturn Kalu’s victory.

However, ruling on the matter, the tribunal last week upheld the declaration of the Deputy Speaker as the winner of the February poll.

Although there were insinuations that the Labour Party flagbearer may approach the court of appeal in a bid to set aside the ruling of the tribunal, but Chinasa told journalists on Friday that he has decided to end any further lawsuits, pledging allegiance to Kalu.

According to him, the Deputy Speaker posses the same objective of good representation of the people of Bende, stressing that Kalu remains his brother and and friend.

He said: “I am here to inform the world that I am no longer interested in taking the matter any further beyond the tribunal. This simply means that I have decided to let go of the case.

“Kalu and I have a history that has run into decades which cannot be ruined by the transient political activities of today. First, we are brothers from Bende.
“We are also good friends and we intrinsically share the same objective of good representation of our people”.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/01/reps-seat-i-wont-appeal-tribunal-judgement-in-case-against-kalu-lps-frank-chinasa/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Bethel4Life(f): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2023
Interesting...., grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Simdyofficial(f): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2023
Ok. Changes Ntin..

4 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by paramakina202: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
He don get sense.Ben Kalu is loved by nde Bende and he is doing a wonderful job.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Oscarchims: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
You had history that runs a decade yet you carry am go tribunal... Kalu don show am love😂😂😂😂

38 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by chopnaira: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Good for you.
Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by SILVERLINES: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
wink
Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Wisejohnson47(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
He applied wisdom, bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by FreeStuffsNG: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
Hmmm. This is like pouring water on the floor for the future. Check my signature for free stuffs!

73 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by inoki247: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
Lol Baba no get any money to waste again....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Afonjacrusder(f): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is like pouring water on the floor for the future. Check my signature for free stuffs!
What's this free stuff you keep posting about? Unrepentant scammer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by beerfraud: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
Labour in vain

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by ppogba: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
Sharp guy.

Person pass you, you say na by little.

Go ariaria market go buy the little now.

8 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by itsme01: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
cool

He decided not to labour in vain

Tribunals lawyers charge as high as 20million

Femi Falana SAN , Mike Ozhekhome SAN , Wole Olanipekun SAN, won't even touch anything less than 50million retainer fee, and you pay them per adjournments and proceedings, they would even send lawyers in their chambers when busy

Last last they would give him contract to dig rural borehole, or supply rural electrification, transformers and cable or to renovate a block of class rooms at a primary school

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Chibuzoripob: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
grin Eluuupees OBI don SCAMMED this one.He nor gree make lawyers chop his 💰 further cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Moiuy: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
Baba no wan labour charges in vain

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Chibuzoripob: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
sad cheesy grin O lu le grin cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by jrusky(m): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
paramakina202:

How did you take notice that I am always on nairaland if you are not always here?
I didn't know I am on every thread yeye monitoring spirit.

Thank you for asking him good question. Bro he is annoyed simply you did not support the LP guy and began to start throwing insults and name calling that is all that is annoying him

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by STEWpid(f): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
Chai..

De don strike deal..

The LP guy don collect hefty Ghana-Must-Go.

Power and money have exchanged hands.

3 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by nauto: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
Hmm
Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by biafranrealson: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
Cash out guy man
Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Cj4charles(m): 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
Money don exchange with hand 😁🤣

2 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by revived2: 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
Broke of legal fees maybe

Or release clause triggered

1 Like

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by firearcher: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Oscarchims:
You had history that runs a decade yet you carry am go tribunal... Kalu don show am love😂😂😂😂

Nothing wrong in that really. If the goal of going to the tribunal is to establish the truth, then it only makes sense you sheath your sword and fight another day once it is established.

But if your goal is to use the tribunal to win at all cost regardless of the fact on who won, then that's what is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Samogloby: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
See candidate of angel party after collecting gratification from DS house of rep changing tune but their supporters are everywhere fighting for labour party. My advice to Obi supporters is that stop creating enemy for yourself because of anybody. They don't value you, only value their pockets and family! Politicians can never change.

4 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by Righthussle: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Shatap! You don broke. Lawyers no dey hear "make I owe you"

7 Likes

Re: Bende: I Won’t Appeal Tribunal Judgement – Labour Party’s Candidate by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike, Makinde React To Gbajabiamila’s Alleged Attempt To Impose Minority Leaders / 2023: Plot To Hand-Pick APC Consensus Presidential Candidate Thickens / 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.