Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? (20149 Views)

Resolution Drop For Slimming Down Now In Nigeria / Body Reshaping Garments And Nutrition Diet For Slimming. / Slimming Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by christygenius(f): 1:37am On Oct 16, 2011
Lovely   nairalanders,   what   are   the   best   natural foods   and   fruits   that   one   who   want   to  shade   some   pounds   within   one   month   can   eat   to   obtain  a  desired  result.  Thanks   wink[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by razznaija(f): 5:50am On Oct 16, 2011
Green tea
Honey
Citrus fruits
berries
lettuce
pineapple
garlic
apple
cabbage
oats
almonds
olive oil
yogurt etc.
That's all that i can think of right now check Google to find out more.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by christygenius(f): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2011
@ razznaija, thanks so much i really appreciate this, i believe they'll solve ma problems.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
Amala, Akpu, Pounded yam and Ogunfe plus bokoto
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by moderatorr: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
1. Shekpe
2. monkey tail
3. Igbo
4. Soldier root
5. Kparaja
6. Tha' kind thing
7. I no like were dem bury me
etc.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by DaDoctor: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
razznaija:

Green tea
Honey
Citrus fruits
berries
lettuce
pineapple
garlic
apple
cabbage
oats
almonds
olive oil
yogurt etc.
That's all that i can think of right now check Google to find out more.

DONT BE DUMB. U SHUD HAVE SAID ALL FRUITS cool
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Skillzz(m): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
1.THINKING
2.SMOKING CIGARETTE
3.DRINKING OGOGORO
4.STARVING
5.DEHYDRATING
6.CONSTANT CORKINATING WITHOUT ANY FOOD
I BELIEVE ALL THESE WILL MAKE YOU SLIM DOWN AS YOU WISH, LOL
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by kabukabu50(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
1) stay off red meats,use chicken breast,turkey,shrimp,pork, cut down of beef,goat meat,lamb.

2)Veggies like cabbage,spinach,broccoli,asparagus,carrots,zuchini,eggplant.

3)Stay off soda,juices,energy drinks and fruit drinks.If you must drink juice,it has to be fresh squeezed or close, not from concentrate.

4)Stay off pounded yam,garri,akpu ;DThese are all loaded with carbs and starch.

5)Use brown rice instead of white rice,use whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta.

6)Skimmed milk or 1%, stay off whole milk or evaporated milk,they are loaded with sugar

7)Fruits like blueberries,strawberries,grapefruit,honeydew,canteloupe,bananas.

coolNuts like almonds,walnuts,brazil nuts, stay off peanuts

(9)Stay off Ramen /indomie noodles, they have too much sodium, matter of fact,

foods that come in a box or can have way too much sodium in them,

10)Try to eat as cloes to natural foods as possible,don't starve yourself though cause the you won't lose weight at all,your body will cling to all the fat it needs if you do that.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by ChuckD2(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
cut down on your food intake and do more exercise. you'll definitely go slim. stop looking for the lazy way out my dear. , which food i go eat make i for slim?
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by kabukabu50(m): 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
Foods are only half the journey, you need to keep exercising, at least 30-45 mins a day,run,intense walks,cardio and try to incorporate weights into your daily routine, when you add muscle, you lose fat.period.

Portion control, don't eat from big plates,use smaller plates to trick your mind into getting satisfied with less.

Stay away from as much fried foods as possible, even foods that are prepared with oil,like egusi,other soups.

Incorporate whole oats into your breakfast,not cereal.Soy products are great too for muscle building protein.

Boiled eggs and wheat bread.stay away from regular white bread and sweets like cakes,cookies cool
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Echala: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2011
Chuck D and Kabukabu50 have given you the best advice so far. There's really no sure sustainable way of losing weight without putting in the work and making some sacfrifices: eat less, increase physical activity, pick healthier meal choices and avoid eating late into the night.

I personally made the decision to get back in shape a couple of months ago. I have lost some co siderable weight in the process, I eat less, and make sure I hit the gym at least three times a week.

Good luck!
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by executinal(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
Skillzz:

1.THINKING
2.SMOKING CIGARETTE
3.DRINKING OGOGORO
4.STARVING
5.DEHYDRATING
moderatorr:

1. Shekpe
2. monkey tail
3. Igbo
4. Soldier root
5. Kparaja
6. Tha' kind thing
7. I no like were dew bury me
etc.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by mjconcept(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2011

1. Shekpe
2. monkey tail
3. Igbo
4. Soldier root
5. Kparaja
6. Tha' kind thing
7. I no like were dem bury me
etc.

1.THINKING
2.SMOKING CIGARETTE
3.DRINKING OGOGORO
4.STARVING
5.DEHYDRATING
Na wa oh una wan kill person, eh, My dear op eat less and exercise more thats the summary stay away from those stupid drugs out there else u are digging ur own grave.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by johnson11(m): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
Merci baba so much for your advise, i will take them into consideration but can brown bread and mayonnaise make me put on weight cause this is what i eat every day since is faster before and some time after school?  
kabukabu50:

1) stay off red meats,use chicken bosom,turkey,shrimp,pork, cut down of beef,goat meat,lamb.

3)Stay off soda,juices,energy drinks and fruit drinks.If you must drink juice,it has to be fresh squeezed or close, not from concentrate.

5)Use brown rice instead of white rice,use whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta.

6)Skimmed milk or 1%, stay off whole milk or evaporated milk,they are loaded with sugar

10)Try to eat as cloes to natural foods as possible,don't starve yourself though cause the you won't lose weight at all,your body will cling to all the fat it needs if you do that.
a
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Judek2(m): 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2011
Quit ur job,make hunger hammer u for two weeks.
U go see if u nogo slim. grin
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Ferya(f): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ Poster
If you can try this out too, it really worked for me  grin
1 . Exercise.
2. I removed anything with sugar and artificial sugar expect natural ones in fruits or food from my diet. So I don't take cola, juice, sweets etc.
3. I stopped using milk, cheeses or any diary product.
4. I take lots of vegetables and fruits everyday.
5. I only drink tea bags and water .
6. I still eat my semovita with any soup but in small quantity.  Please, do not starve yourself just take your time. Also, do not expect to see result imimmediately. Goodluck. smiley
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by marcus1234: 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by sheyguy: 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Water
Pap w/out milk etc
vegetable
Fruits
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Aringarosa(m): 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
kabukabu50:

1) stay off red meats,use chicken bosom,turkey,shrimp,pork, cut down of beef,goat meat,lamb.

kabukabu50:

Foods are only half the journey, you need to keep exercising, at least 30-45 mins a day,run,intense walks,cardio and try to incorporate weights into your daily routine, when you add muscle, you lose fat.period.

Portion control, don't eat from big plates,use smaller plates to trick your mind into getting satisfied with less.

Stay away from as much fried foods as possible, even foods that are prepared with oil,like egusi,other soups.

Incorporate whole oats into your breakfast,not cereal.Soy products are great too for muscle building protein.

Boiled eggs and wheat bread.stay away from regular white bread and sweets like cakes,cookies cool
+1

OP - This is the best advise so far. If you follow them you 'll see great result.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by sgabriel: 8:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
in all sincerity, nigerian society and the countries economic standing dont encourage slimming dont food or activities as it where.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by supereagle(m): 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
My wife lost her wt from 110kg to 90kg eating only wheat, garden eggs , apple, green vegetable.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Booty4me: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
i have these Ebook that shows you 177 ways to burn excessive fat and calories off your body, if you need them holla @ me franky2system@yahoo.com
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by seedord247(m): 1:41am On Oct 29, 2011
Ata Rodo ati Tatashe with ata gungun.

A trial will convince you.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Gbenge77(m): 2:13am On Oct 29, 2011
lol@some replies.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by razznaija(f): 7:20am On Oct 29, 2011
Da Doctor:

DONT BE DUMB. U SHUD HAVE SAID ALL FRUITS cool
Mumu i didn't want to say all fruits because not all fruits burn fat mtchewww

1 Like

Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by ektbear: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2011
Hrm. I know what works well for a guy, but dunno if it also works for girls  undecided

Anyway for a guy I'd suggest:
1) Lots of fruits and vegetables
2) Lots of animal protein (beef, chicken, fish, whey protein shakes, etc)
3) Weight training. Both upper body and lower body.
4) Lots of cario. Treadmill, basketball, tennis, soccer, whatever you like.
5) Cut out soda, beer and drink mostly water.

This is the best way for guys to slim down and look good. Dunno how much of it is applicable for girls though.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by cynthiafred67(f): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
Skillzz:

1.THINKING
2.SMOKING CIGARETTE
3.DRINKING OGOGORO
4.STARVING
5.DEHYDRATING

LOL u bad ooo

kabukabu50:

@op I think u should go wit dis I am sure it will help and pls don't expect results immediately.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by favourabc(f): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2011
fruits on fiber like orange,grape,lime etc.you are to eat it with the back and seed.GR2 control pack.for more info visit http://www.makelastinghealthandweath..com/
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by sleekman(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
There is nothing wrong with eating Eba, Fufu, Semo, rice. Don't be deceived by the white man bent on engraving us further. If u want to reduce weight just reduce your food intake and make sure you walk around briskly for 15-30mins everyday. If you must eat more rice then reduce the rice & increase the veggies, to eat more swallow foods reduce the swallows and increase the soups. Reduce meat especially fatty meats. Use more palm oil, olive oil, sunseed oil, vegetable oil and avoid groundnut oil.
Never eat after 4-6hrs before sleeping preferably never eat after 6pm. if u must eat something at night restrict ur night snacks to fruits and lots of water. This will also remove pot belly. Avoid fried food rather eat grilled food. If u have heart problems then do not eat any kind of meat or fish, no refined foods or junk food. This will save you millions of Naira in heart bye-pass surgeries. Trust me it works and has a 100% success rate even President Bill Clinton can attest to this. Tried it with my mum and all her hypertension problems seized.
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Judek2(m): 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2011
favourabc:

fruits on fiber like orange,grape,lime etc.you are to eat it with the back and seed.GR2 control pack.for more info visit http://www.makelastinghealthandweath..com/

Suicidal Mission angry angry
Re: What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? by Skillzz(m): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2011
@OP, Try smoking Marijuana and bitter leaf and i bet you'll lose weight in not less than a week, also try corkinating without food for 4-5days and see the result!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Do You Use Your Toothbrush Before You Change It? / Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know / 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.