Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) (23687 Views)

My Job Is Ruining My Family / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / Help!! My New Job Is At Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by Adedokunayode: 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
He didn't come out shocked
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by GanagiBitrus: 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
erico2k2:

Why you say so?
This was how all mining started. When someone said they were going to build a machine that will fly people then thought they were MAD
-Risking your life for an invention that will transform the world is Justified.

-Risking your life for peanuts is height of foolishness.

&There are far easier and safer ways of panning gold.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by erico2k2(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

MayB thats the easiest way to do it there, safly nah but then again have you seen how the Chinese collect Swans spit from nest up the mountain or how the Japs use Bamboo as scaffolders to build skyscrapers till date?
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by GanagiBitrus: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
erico2k2:

MayB thats the easiest way to do it there, safly nah but then again have you seen how the Chinese collect Swans spit from nest up the mountain or how the Japs use Bamboo as scaffolders to build skyscrapers till date?
Fact is, Risking your life for peanuts is foolishness, whether Chinese, Japanese...
Abi can you take such dangerous risk or allow your brother do so?
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by erico2k2(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Fact is, Risking your life for peanuts is foolishness, whether Chinese, Japanese...
Abi can you take such dangerous risk or allow your brother do so?
I think in my linne of Job I have taken more scarer ventures, not everything machines can do
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by 360command: 11:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Gold mining, tin mining, or some type of precious metal mining. The engine is an air compressor, the tube is what they use in breathing oxygen while they are under water. Once the engine stops working maybe due to overheating, which it does at times , it can be toxic to the guy underwater as it releases a toxic gas into the tube and this is not good for breathing. When engine stops working, he has a limited amount of time to swim up

Also, as you dig the bottom part of the earth while underwater, there is a way the top part or the middle part of the sand can fall ontop the diver thus burying him alive.

This looks more like in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by BALLOSKI: 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
Skyfornia:
Na waoo... something is definitely wrong with black man. Wtf is this??
Something is definitely wrong with the black skin.
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by BALLOSKI: 11:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
360command:
Gold mining, tin mining, or some type of precious mining. The engine is an air compressor, the tube is what they use in breathing oxygen while they are under water. Once the engine stops working which it does at times , it can be toxic to the guy underwater as it releases a toxic gas into the tube and this is not good for breathing. When engine stops working, he has a limited amount of time to swim up

Also, as you dig the bottom part of the earth while underwater, there is a way the top part or the middle part of the sand can fall ontop the diver thus burying him alive.

I thought as much - I knew this is some kind of mining. What I don't understand is how he left his eyes open with no cover like divers use.
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by 360command: 12:09am On Sep 05, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

anything easy and safer ways are very expensive for this boys. Gold mining equipment is expensive to buy or rent.

One thing I like about small scale mining, you might be lucky one day. You could dig the ground and see good amount of gold.

I remember in Ghana when I do go out to bars, I could hear some certain galamsey (small scale miners) boys speak in their language talking about how they got a good amount of gold which made them buy a car etc. I get excited knowing they got something for their hustle but they lavish the money buying cars, spend on women, clubbing etc and then fall back to site.

They remind me of yahoo boys when yahoo boys talk about how a client paid them etc.
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by 360command: 12:14am On Sep 05, 2023
BALLOSKI:
I thought as much - I knew this is some kind of mining. What I don't understand is how he left his eyes open with no cover like divers use.
I am shock too but coming from Africa we tend to rough things like this. I did not see him with a bag, or basket or vacuum to carry out the mud.
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by BALLOSKI: 12:19am On Sep 05, 2023
360command:
I am shock too but coming from Africa we tend to rough things like this. I did not see him with a bag, or basket or vacuum to carry out the mud.
Authority should regulate this kind of activity by making sure some safety standards are met.

I know we don't value human lives, but we should pretend.
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by 360command: 12:53am On Sep 05, 2023
BALLOSKI:
Authority should regulate this kind of activity by making sure some safety standards are met.

I know we don't value human lives, but we should pretend.
Authorities do but the whole problem is Corruption and poverty.

I do not want to start writing. But the african problems are similar. If you know what Authorities do to regulate such activity for illegal oil bunkering in Nigeria, it is still similar to Ghana when it comes to small scale mining.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by BucketMan: 1:00am On Sep 05, 2023
360command:
Gold mining, tin mining, or some type of precious metal mining. The engine is an air compressor, the tube is what they use in breathing oxygen while they are under water. Once the engine stops working maybe due to overheating, which it does at times , it can be toxic to the guy underwater as it releases a toxic gas into the tube and this is not good for breathing. When engine stops working, he has a limited amount of time to swim up

this is an intelligent take on this matter.
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by Cromagnon: 7:22am On Sep 05, 2023
crystalpapers:

Soft life yeah but no be too dey jump inside well oo.
How then will you get water to Your home? Or you don't know what soft life is ?
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by erico2k2(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2023
BALLOSKI:
i think he is only going in the scop and back, so he depends on sense of touch and feel
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by erico2k2(m): 10:39am On Sep 05, 2023
360command:

The issue of falling debris from the top of any mined hole is always there in every tunnelling mission. Have you not at least seen a coal mine B4 in TV?You use a vibrating hammer to pierce into the side of the wall and it it caves in you are dead to.
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by gachalifepc(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
Re: What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) by BALLOSKI: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
360command:
Authorities do but the whole problem is Corruption and poverty.

I do not want to start writing. But the african problems are similar. If you know what Authorities do to regulate such activity for illegal oil bunkering in Nigeria, it is still similar to Ghana when it comes to small scale mining.
too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. / One Legged Bus Conductor In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.