Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? (881 Views)

Everybody Is A Javascript Developer On Nigerian Tech Twitter / Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. / Why Is Web Development The Most Commonly Talked About Career In Nigerian Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
I was scrolling twitter this morning and I stumbled on this.

What's your thoughts? Is it a good move or a bad one and why do you think so.

Let's discuss

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
Personally, I think it's not a very good move for the industry. We're still trying to fight the bad stereotype the global world has against us and now, you're bringing actual fraudsters to the industry and making it public.

People are watching, foreign companies are watching, employers are watching.

May lessons not be learnt in the future.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by Jashub: 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Una wan make dem hack NASA abi....?
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Feel free to say what you think about this
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
Jashub:
Una wan make dem hack NASA abi....?
I don't even know.

People from poor backgrounds are struggling genuinely and you're deciding to reward criminals.

We haven't learnt from the recent chicken Republic saga obviously. You don't reward bad behaviour with good

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by 22o62021: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
During campaign

It is among one of the things Tinubu promised us when he came to Edo state.

If them go dey send $100 gift card weekly.

I will join
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by spinna: 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
There are others more deserving
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
22o62021:
During campaign

It is among one of the things Tinubu promised us when he came to Edo state.

If them go dey send $100 gift card weekly.

I will join
Lmao grin grin

No one is giving you $100 oo
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
spinna:
There are others more deserving
Exactly my thoughts
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by turmacs(f): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2023
i don't know why anything Nigerians put hand must turn to nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by airsaylongcome: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
It should be a good idea to give them a pathway to legitimate earning. But I know my countrymen. They will just use "Tech worker" as the façade for there Yahoo work. Best to pick 50 struggling tech folks that have not tasted Yahoo, they are more likely to feel the impact than 50 yahoo boys who have tasted "free" dirty money.

Who knows sef, this so-called training could be Yahoo training school cloaking

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Nonsense what happened to the struggling tech boys In Nigeria even here on nairaland. It's why I hate Nigeria so much. We empower nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by lastkingsman: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Nonsense what happened to the struggling tech boys In Nigeria even here on nairaland. It's why I hate Nigeria so much. We empower nonsense

They won rehabilitate oluwadollars and Arabmoney them grin
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
That's the problem with our country. We're always doing the right thing the wrong way.

Why empower fraud boys from a poor background when there're other struggling boys living in that same trenches working menial jobs?

Empower genuine people for bleeps sake, stop giving people the impression that crime pays.

Now watch how young boys, trying to get enrolled in start doing fraud. So, they can qualify for the programme.

It's the same way people are joining boko haram or militancy because afterall govt will reward them

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:
It should be a good idea to give them a pathway to legitimate earning. But I know my countrymen. They will just use "Tech worker" as the façade for there Yahoo work. Best to pick 50 struggling tech folks that have not tasted Yahoo, they are more likely to feel the impact than 50 yahoo boys who have tasted "free" dirty money.

Who knows sef, this so-called training could be Yahoo training school cloaking
You just said it all!

I think the convener wants to benefit from the ministry of information plan to equip 1million people with tech skills.

He's doing well with his chess in slums outreach but this particular outreach doesn't make sense.

Funny thing is that iyin aboyeji is in support of this like when he was the cofounder of flutterwave he will employ an ex convict or a former fraudster to work for his company.

Crime has consequences, as a country we should let that be in our subconscious mind.

This country is like this because we have showed in the past that crime pays and its lucrative

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
lastkingsman:

They won rehabilitate oluwadollars and Arabmoney them grin
grin grin
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by Paystack: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
InteliJ:
I was scrolling twitter this morning and I stumbled on this.

What's your thoughts? Is it a good move or a bad one and why do you think so.

Let's discuss

How can it be a bad move?

Would u prefer they scam their entire lives?

Surely some will still go back to their old ways why some will stick to the genuine and new legit way.

Either ways... they've helped saved at least one person

After all a Legit Tech bro today can be a Yahoo Boy tomorrow.
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by Paystack: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
InteliJ:

You just said it all!

I think the convener wants to benefit from the ministry of information plan to equip 1million people with tech skills.

He's doing well with his chess in slums outreach but this particular outreach doesn't make sense.

Funny thing is that iyin aboyeji is in support of this like when he was the cofounder of flutterwave he will employ an ex convict or a former fraudster to work for his company.

Crime has consequences, as a country we should let that be in our subconscious mind.

This country is like this because we have showed in the past that crime pays and its lucrative

Someone like you can never run a successful business or anything else.

As if you're a perfect being or void of crime

Many Yahoo boys today are young boy's usually carried away by social pressure and things they see

If someone is able to guide them and help them nurture their skills to good use then the country will be a better place.

It will be far better than allowing them to scam all their lives

Yes! Some people can scam without getting caught their entire lives... Karma sometimes is bullshit... u can see that from your leaders who have been scamming u their whole tenure.

This thing they're doing even if it won't make some who enroll change their ways... they're sure going to save some people and help them change and that's what matters

If out of 100 , 30 change

Then your old grandma at home has 30 less Yahoo boys to worry about calling her and tricking her into sending her bank private details

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by KrazyDave16(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2023
As if the country doesn't have enough negativity around it, this guy wants to add more by teaching fraudsters!?

What happened to those with the skills?

With him being quite popular, he should have channeled the energy he wants to use to "reform" fraudsters to actually getting people who are struggling to showcase their skills to others, and put the country in a good light, but noo, baba woke up with intent to further tarnish the image of this country for some selfish gain.

The fraudsters I have around me, whenever they show interest in this field, it's to see if there are softwares they could use to carry out their nefarious activities, not because they want to earn "tech money", but because they don't want to spend money buying em, and even the ones claiming to be serious stops doing it.

He should perish the idea if he's adamant on trying to reform fraudsters and stick to his Chess izh.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Paystack:

Someone like you can never run a successful business or anything else.

As if you're a perfect being or void of crime

Many Yahoo boys today are young boy's usually carried away by social pressure and things they see

If someone is able to guide them and help them nurture their skills to good use then the country will be a better place.

It will be far better than allowing them to scam all their lives

Yes! Some people can scam without getting caught their entire lives... Karma sometimes is bullshit... u can see that from your leaders who have been scamming u their whole tenure.

This thing they're doing even if it won't make some who enroll change their ways... they're sure going to save some people and help them change and that's what matters

If out of 100 , 30 change

Then your old grandma at home has 30 less Yahoo boys to worry about calling her and tricking her into sending her bank private details

Okay sir, thanks for letting us your opinion. Well appreciated.
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
KrazyDave16:
As if the country doesn't have enough negativity around it, this guy wants to add more by teaching fraudsters!?

What happened to those with the skills?

With him being quite popular, he should have channeled the energy he wants to use to "reform" fraudsters to actually getting people who are struggling to showcase their skills to others, and put the country in a good light, but noo, baba woke up with intent to further tarnish the image of this country for some selfish gain.

The fraudsters I have around me, whenever they show interest in this field, it's to see if there are softwares they could use to carry out their nefarious activities, not because they want to earn "tech money", but because they don't want to spend money buying em, and even the ones claiming to be serious stops doing it.

He should perish the idea if he's adamant on trying to reform fraudsters and stick to his Chess izh.
Thank you!

Fraud affects the mindset a lot

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by john1101(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
InteliJ:

Thank you!

They probably think programming is easy to learn.
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
john1101:

They probably think programming is easy to learn.
They don't know!

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by john1101(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
InteliJ:

They don't know!

The fraudsters have a long way to go before thinking of computer programming they have to realise first their crimes, pay their penance, that will put their mindframe in order.
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by InteliJ(f): 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
john1101:

The fraudsters have a long way to go before thinking of computer programming they have to realise first their crimes, pay their penance, that will put their mindframe in order.
That's what I'm saying:

They should "pay their penance" first
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by KrazyDave16(m): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
InteliJ:

Thank you!

Funny thing is he thinks since they're young, it'd be easier to change their mindset and make em to be responsible.
Peer pressure he thinks they fall into while young still exists in adults.
Also, seen the testimonials about some of his works in the tech space, and I have to say his popularity is giving those kids an edge, cos even those saying they support this won't have a fraudster working in their company, and even if they do, with lots of supervision and restrictions that'd make said person feel unwelcome and unproductive in the long run
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by Paystack: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2023
KrazyDave16:

Funny thing is he thinks since they're young, it'd be easier to change their mindset and make em to be responsible.
Peer pressure he thinks they fall into while young still exists in adults.
Also, seen the testimonials about some of his works in the tech space, and I have to say his popularity is giving those kids an edge, cos even those saying they support this won't have a fraudster working in their company, and even if they do, with lots of supervision and restrictions that'd make said person feel unwelcome and unproductive in the long run

How would u even know someone is a fraudster before hiring them?

Fraudster is different from ex convicts my bro.

That innocent person u hired today might start stealing company funds tomorrow lol.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

When you become rich and successful... Enjoy your wealth alone and don't try sponsoring anyone or making any change.
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by KrazyDave16(m): 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
Paystack:

How would u even know someone is a fraudster before hiring them?

Fraudster is different from ex convicts my bro.

That innocent person u hired today might start stealing company funds tomorrow lol.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

When you become rich and successful... Enjoy your wealth alone and don't try sponsoring anyone or making any change.
First question is stupidly simple: most foreigners I've met assume I am one when I mention my nationality.

Second - I know.

Third - bold of you to assume I'd blindly trust anyone, let alone one person to access company funds without approval from several parties.

Fourth - I know, but when it comes to criminals who cause others pain to ease theirs and/or for the fun of it, I got no empathy for them.

Fifth - oh I might alright, but I'm not supporting criminals. Don't care if they fell to peer pressure or whatever, not doing it.
Those who kept a clear head and succeeded, are they fools?

Also, I'd rather hire an ex-con than a fraudster that hasn't done time.
At least with the former, one can make decisions based on their records, compared to the latter with no record, but some assurance from some local celebrity that some people think is more than enough and shouldn't be questioned.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by Paystack: 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
KrazyDave16:

First question is stupidly simple: most foreigners I've met assume I am one when I mention my nationality.

Second - I know.

Third - bold of you to assume I'd blindly trust anyone, let alone one person to access company funds without approval from several parties.

Fourth - I know, but when it comes to criminals who cause others pain to ease theirs and/or for the fun of it, I got no empathy for them.

Fifth - oh I might alright, but I'm not supporting criminals. Don't care if they fell to peer pressure or whatever, not doing it.
Those who kept a clear head and succeeded, are they fools?

Also, I'd rather hire an ex-con than a fraudster that hasn't done time.
At least with the former, one can make decisions based on their records, compared to the latter with no record, but some assurance from some local celebrity that some people think is more than enough and shouldn't be questioned.

Well... Na ur opinion grin

Maybe that's why you're not in any position to render meaningful help or make any positive change.
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by KrazyDave16(m): 5:32am On Sep 05, 2023
Paystack:

Maybe that's why you're not in any position to render meaningful help or make any positive change.
Have you done anything positive in your locale in the past, or are you waiting to become rich and famous so that if you decide to pull similar stunts like that Chess guy, it won't backfire?

You can start making these changes, pick some boys, train them. You don't have to be popular to do that hmm...
Resources are free, almost no need for funding, and tell us how it went.
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by Davidcorny: 10:01am On Sep 05, 2023
Fraudsters in tech are the worst that can happen, a Nigerian fraudster is a very desperate hoodlum with little to no patience.

Many of them actually try to go legit but quit because of the work, they like easy money, their tactics and phishing sites dot the internet and keen eyes can see through it, now you want to give them the means to upgrade their WordPress PHP scams into Node.js, Express Ejs scams, 😂
Re: Yahoo To Tech Pipeline: A Good Or Bad Move For The Nigerian Tech Industry? by Viicfuntop(f): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Paystack:

Hello Paystack. I hope you’re well. Please I need an advice regarding a matter. May I go ahead

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? / Browzer / How Do I Include A Third Party Software In My Software?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.