Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem (1176 Views)

Nigerian Men Suffer From Very Bad Low Self-esteem! / Leaked Chat: "Black Guys Have Low Self-esteem And Love Us" - White Girl / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem by DaddyCoool: 3:53am On Sep 05, 2023
1) You’re a people pleaser
While it’s nice to be considerate of others and care about their well-being, putting yourself last shows that you don’t value yourself.
It signals that your own desires are less important

2) You can’t take a compliment
When someone gives you a compliment, you don’t simply say “thank you.”
You make a whole production out of it.
Then, you casually list five to ten of your flaws they failed to notice.

3) You say “sorry” too much
Frequently apologizing, even when you haven’t done anything wrong, also signals a lack of confidence.
You do it to avoid conflict or to seek the approval of others.

4) You apologize for your opinions
Speaking of apologizing, if you do it whenever you express an opinion, it’s likely due to low self-esteem.

5) You minimize your knowledge
On the same note, low self-esteem may make you downplay your expertise or knowledge on a particular subject.

6) You don’t have relationships
if you want companionship but don’t put yourself out there, there’s a good chance it’s because your confidence  is down the drain.

7) You make light of your achievements
If you struggle with confidence, there’s a chance you fail to celebrate or recognize your hard work because you don’t see it as significant.
Instead, you tell people you had help, got lucky, or that anyone could have done it.

8} You overwork yourself
People with low self-confidence overwork themselves to prove their worth to themselves and their employers.
If you’re on the verge of burnout and still volunteer for that project no one else wants to touch, something deeper might be going on.

9) You strive for perfectionism
Low self-esteem and perfectionism go hand-in-hand.
People who lack confidence believe they’re not good enough, so they exhaust themselves trying to meet unreasonable standards in everything they do to prove that they are.

10) You use self-deprecating humor
Constantly making jokes at your own expense can reinforce negative self-beliefs.
You might not realize it – but if self-deprecating humor is your default form of interaction, your self-esteem could use some work.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem by oluwadabira222(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2023
Good morning boss... Pls I need your help.
Re: Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem by heledamazun(m): 9:50am On Sep 12, 2023
nice one... what an eye opener

can u advise on steps take to build up one self-esteem please
Re: Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem by Sandralight(f): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2023
Ok
Re: Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem by DaddyCoool: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
heledamazun:
nice one... what an eye opener

can u advise on steps take to build up one self-esteem please

Thanks - Cc nlfpmod.
Build up one self-esteem?
Re: Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem by Alimzy20(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
PLS WHICH STEPS SHOULD I TAKE TO GET A JOB I'M TIRED OF IDLENESS. #777
Re: Ten Indicators Of Low Self-esteem by bestplayermaver(m): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
I would not agree on all you said but what caught my attention was about relationships let me tell you so you are in university to go and be looking for girlfriend right wrong their is time for everything so having 100 of girlfriend makes you to have high esteem and confidence wrong in the end you will only marry 1 or if you are a Muslim 4

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Sometimes Do These. / Romance / What's Your Wildest Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.