Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,519 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo (3382 Views)

Soludo’s Inauguration Slap: Bianca Did What Ojukwu Taught Her In 1995 - Omokri / What Ojukwu Said About Second Civil War / What Ojukwu Said About Awo, Gowon, Biafra, The War And The Future Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Chibuzoc(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2023
olaboy001:

Ode i told you that you don't know anything expect your lies

Gowon's decision to release Awolowo from prison was seen as a move towards national reconciliation and unity, as Awolowo was a respected leader of the Yoruba people in Nigeria. It was also seen as a gesture towards the western region of Nigeria, which had been politically marginalized during the early years of the Gowon regime.

Confused fella, Ojukwu released awolowo, stop hearing your father's lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by DaddyCoool: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Christistruth03:

From the UK Guardian Newspaper

My friend, it is SETTLED history, Ojukwu released Awo - he allowed his release.
But Gowon could have re-arrested him and he didn't.
At the time in the eyes of the world there was one undivided Nigerian army. Which of course was not true at all
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Chibuzoc(m): 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
olaboy001:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You think say we still dey buy that unah lies

The same people that imprisoned awolowo later killed him, that's pathetic as it was there initial plan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by olaboy001(m): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
Chibuzoc:

Confused fella, Ojukwu released awolowo, stop hearing your father's lies

So you want me to belief your fathers lie? Ediot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by olaboy001(m): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
Chibuzoc:

The same people that imprisoned awolowo later killed him, that's pathetic as it was there initial plan

Obafemi Awolowo was Released from prison on August 2, 1966 with a full Pardon by Yakubu Gowon. This release was carried out with Government Notice No. 1207/1966.

Not the LIES your father is telling you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
At the end of the long 6 page argument, the only people that could bring out concrete evidence of Awolowo's release are Yorubas, the yeast people were all about mouth making and lies with no concrete pictorial evidence

But wait, what is the purpose of this thread? To chest beat if Ojukwu released him or what? Why exactly does Igbo people feel the need to always prove themselves to yorubas by any means necessary either true or not? To what end? You are simply confirming what everyone thinks of you and it's sad and belittling.

4 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Christistruth03: 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
DaddyCoool:

My friend, it is SETTLED history, Ojukwu released Awo - he allowed his release.
But Gowon could have re-arrested him and he didn't.
At the time in the eyes of the world there was one undivided Nigerian army. Which of course was not true at all

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Christistruth03: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Sooo, why didn't he also release Banjo and other political prisoners in the East??
You are pathetic. Gowon could have re-arrested him, why he had to immediately visit and kowtow to Gowon!

Banjo was arrested for something else

Ironsi had accused Banjo of threatening him with a gun which was just part of a set up

3 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by raskymonojendor: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Cooletempa:
Without a doubt, it is clear to all neutral people who are the liars. The beasts from the se.
100%.
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by DaddyCoool: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
[quote author=Christistruth03 post=125595968][/quote]

My friend, there's what newspapers write, then there's what truly happened.
Gowon had no authority in the East. Zero. Zilch. He couldn't release his own mother from Calabar without Ojukwu - except through war!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by jude79(m): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
olaboy001:

You are not smart. If you were smart you’d know Awolowo was a federal prisoner. This means he is under control of the head of state. Gowon became head of state August 1 1966, Awolowo was released on August 3rd 1966. Regional leaders cannot release federal prisoners.

Nope, read awolowos book, ironsi released awolowos on 27th

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Occurstaem(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
gidgiddy:
You can read the full interview in my old thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/5848315/what-ojukwu-said-awo-gowon

However, this is what Ojukwu said about releasing Awolowo from Calabar Prisons

"We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually. If you remember, I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East. The East took orders from me. Now, how could Gowon have released Awolowo who was in Calabar? Because of the fact that I released him, it created quite a lot of rapport between Awo and myself and I know that before he went back to Ikenne, I set up a hotline between Ikenne and my bedroom in Enugu. He tried like an elder statesman to find a solution. Awolowo is a funny one. Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo. We young men respected him a great deal. He was a hero. I thought he was a hero and certainly I received him when I was governor. We talked and he was very vehement when he saw our complaints and he said that if the Igbos were forced out by Nigeria that he would take the Yorubas out also. I don’t know what anybody makes of that statement but it is simple. Whether he did or didn’t, it is too late. There is nothing you can do about it. So, he said this and I must have made some appropriate responses too. But it didn’t quite work out the way that we both thought. Awolowo, evidently, had a constant review of the Yoruba situation and took different path. That’s it. I don’t blame him for it. I have never done"

You Osüs are just hellbent on twisting and revising history. The good thing is you can try but you can't twist facts with evidence. Here is LegendHero's reply to one of your propagandists liars

LegendHero:

Let me cure you of your innate ignorance and you should accept my words and replies as a service to humanity.

Firstly, Gowon released Awolowo in August 4, 1966. That is almost a year before the Biafra war started.

Lieut Col. Gowon was the head of state of Nigeria at that time and he superintended over all the lands and seas of Nigeria in 1966 including the eastern region.

If you had a normal IQ, you would have known that Awolowo was a federal prisoner. Had it been Ojukwu released him from prison, he would have been picked up by the federal troops the moment he set his foot in Lagos. To give you an example, If Ikpeazu releases Nnamdi Kanu from prison in Abia, won’t the FG police and DSS arrest Kanu the moment he sets his foot in Abuja?

Also, Biafra war started in July 1967, that is only the time when Ojukwu has maximum control of the defunct eastern region. If Awo was released during this time, then we would have said Ojukwu masterminded his release.

I have tried my best to educate you, if you still remain adamant after this, then your case is beyond redemption!

Follow the link below to see how your Igbotic/IPOBic lies were debunked with facts by LegendHero.

https://www.nairaland.com/5541011/youtube-video-showed-gowon-released

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by olaboy001(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
jude79:

Nope, read awolowos book, ironsi released awolowos on 27th

First of all, Awolowo was a Federal inmate not a State inmate.

When Awo was released, Eastern Region was still part of Nigeria. Ojukwu didn't possess the power to release a Federal inmate. Awolowo was released on August 3rd of 1966, while Jakande and Enahoro were released the following week.

Ironsi came to power on the Jan 17, 1966 and appointed his governors on Jan 19, 1966. Ojukwu had six months to play with before the counter coup was carried out, but he NEVER released him. This is common sense, but then again, common sense is not so common.

The counter coup was carried out on July 29, 1966. Gowon became the Head of State on August 1st 1966, and Awolowo was released two days afterwards. How can Ojukwu release him? It doesn't make any sense.

Ojukwu declared Biafra on May 30, 1967. And Awo and Enahoro joined Gowon govt in June 1967. So what are you on about. Anyway, you lot are propagandists.

3 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2023
Occurstaem:

You Osüs are just hellbent on twisting and revising history. The good thing is you can try but you can't twist facts with evidence. Here is LegendHero's reply to one of your propagandists liars

Follow the link below to see how your lies were debunked with facts.
https://www.nairaland.com/5541011/youtube-video-showed-gowon-released

Brother, that OP know the truth but he’s just trolling.

I don’t take all these Ibo people serious again. Their delusion is
Legendary.

Gidgiddy come here, can you present one single evidence that lay claim that Ojuku released Awo besides his own (Ojuku) word?

4 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Christistruth03: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
DaddyCoool:

My friend, there's what newspapers write, then there's what truly happened.
Gowon had no authority in the East. Zero. Zilch. He couldn't release his own mother from Calabar without Ojukwu - except through war!

Calabar Prison was a Federal Prison

Ojukwu had no authority over it

3 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by DaddyCoool: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
Christistruth03:

Calabar Prison was a Federal Prison

Ojukwu had no authority over it

🤣Funny guy. He had authority over the entire Eastern region except Calabar prison! Smart guy indeed you are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by DaddyCoool: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Brother, that OP know the truth but he’s just trolling.

I don’t take all these Ibo people serious again. Their delusion is
Legendary.

Gidgiddy come here, can you present one single evidence that lay claim that Ojuku released Awo besides his own (Ojuku) word?

Sure, Gowon also released Banjo and other prisoners serving in the East! Powerful Gowon! If he was so powerful why didn't he simply throw Ojukwu in same prison and save us all headache of the war??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Sure, Gowon also released Banjo and other prisoners serving in the East! Powerful Gowon! If he was so powerful why didn't he simply throw Ojukwu in same prison and save us all headache of the war??

Normally I shouldn’t respond to your ignorance.

—Awolowo was released in August 4 1966. That was before civil war, almost a year before. We saw the proof Gowon released him. Ojuku had no supreme control of eastern region by this time.

So you know, it wasn’t Awo alone that was released on that day, Gowon released multiple people at once and it was fully gazetted.

—Col. Banjo was released May 1967 when Ojuku proclaimed Biafra. We all know Ojuku released him because by then, he had control of the Eastern region.

So why will you now equate both occurrence? You better go back to your history books and stop saying nonsense on public forum.

5 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by ChiefJusticeFuc: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Chibuzoc:

Read, read, read, Tafa belawa connived with akintola to imprison awolowo go and read books zoological animal

Idiot, provide proof that Ojukwu released Awo

I have provided a gazzeted edict of Gowon's pardon of Awolowo ordering his release.

Post proof that Ojukwu ordered Awo's release and no, you can't reference the liar Ojukwu as source. Post archivial press articles or official edicts signed by Ojukwu that he did ordered for Awo's release and pardon.

Fool.

3 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by tishbite42: 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
DaddyCoool:

🤣Funny guy. He had authority over the entire Eastern region except Calabar prison! Smart guy indeed you are
dont waste your time with zombies
gowon who couldnt step his foot in the east
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by tishbite42: 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
LegendHero:

—Awolowo was released in August 4 1966. That was before civil war, almost a year before. We saw the proof Gowon released him. Ojuku had no supreme control of eastern region by this time.

So you know, it wasn’t Awo alone that was released on that day, Gowon released multiple people at once and it was fully gazetted.

—Col. Banjo was released May 1967 when Ojuku proclaimed Biafra. We all know Ojuku released him because by then, he had control of the Eastern region.

So why will you now equate both occurrence? You better go back to your history books and stop saying nonsense on public forum.
gowon had no power over the east at any point in time before the end of the civil war. if he could release awolowo, then he could have imprisoned ojukwu
i fully understand the plight of the yorubas
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
tishbite42:

gowon had no power over the east at any point in time before the end of the civil war. if he could release awolowo, then he could have imprisoned ojukwu
i fully understand the plight of the yorubas

Ogade that was before civil war.

Stop mixing historical dates. Pick a book and enlighten yourself.

Civil war started 1967, Awolowo got released almost a year before.

4 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by tishbite42: 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Ogade that was before civil war.

Stop mixing historical dates. Pick a book and enlighten yourself.

Civil war started 1967, Awolowo got released almost a year before.
read my post again
you surely have comprehension problems
go and consult the brighter grammar series
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by DaddyCoool: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
LegendHero:

You folks' ignorance is amazing. There were people who helped persuade Ojukwu to release Awo, they collaborateed Ojukwu's story!!
Coup was on 29 July and failed woefully in the East. Aim of coup was secession of the North. Coup plotters were LATER persuaded to pick Gowon. Ojukwu neither recognized the coup plotters nor Gowon whom he considered his inferior.
Awo was released August 4th, at a time Gowon hardly knew his right from left and was not at all recognized in the East as head of state.
HOW COULD AWO HAD BEEN RELEASED WITHOUT OJUKWU'S CONSENT?? RELEASED ON GOWON'S ORDERS BY PEOPLE WHO NEITHER RECOGNISED NOR SURPORTED GOWON?!!

Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by tishbite42: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

In other words it doesn't exist

Good
Go and read Max Siollun's Oil, Politics and Violence
Page 112
Author is a Yoruba like you, albeit, a sensible one
Thank me later
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
tishbite42:

Go and read Max Siollun's Oil, Politics and Violence
Page 112
Author is a Yoruba like you, albeit, a sensible one
Thank me later

Are you certain Max Siollun is yoruba?
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by GeneralPula: 4:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
Una don burst their lies for here..
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by WorldRichest: 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Christistruth03:
grin

Gen Giowon released Awolowo

This is Awolowo still in his Prison Clothes going to thank Gowon after he was released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNa4671Yuw?si=8hgrHM4aSO_R8yXf

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191679-why-i-released-awolowo-from-prison-gowon.html?tztc=1

You have time to respond to idiots and nincompoops whose parents have planted hatred and bitterness in them.

We Yorubas took the best decision for us, just as Igbos too took the best decision for them. Funny enough, their best decision was the sacrifice of over three million of their brethren to the Yoruba gods of Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala and Esu Odara. That's their problem. If they come with another trouble, we will give them double
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by WorldRichest: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
DaddyCoool:

He wanted more foolish followers to go down with their foolish leader, and he got over three million down into the soil
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by WorldRichest: 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
DaddyCoool:

You folks' ignorance is amazing. There were people who helped persuade Ojukwu to release Awo, they collaborateed Ojukwu's story!!
Coup was on 29 July and failed woefully in the East. Aim of coup was secession of the North. Coup plotters were LATER persuaded to pick Gowon. Ojukwu neither recognized the coup plotters nor Gowon whom he considered his inferior.
Awo was released August 4th, at a time Gowon hardly knew his right from left and was not at all recognized in the East as head of state.
HOW COULD AWO HAD BEEN RELEASED WITHOUT OJUKWU'S CONSENT?? RELEASED ON GOWON'S ORDERS BY PEOPLE WHO NEITHER RECOGNISED NOR SURPORTED GOWON?!!

Awo was jailed by the federal government, but you are now claiming that a regional governor released him. Don't you think you should return your certificate back to your school?
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Sultanofpiglets: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
This is why Tinubu is your leader and worthless hero.

Illiterates breed other worthless illiterates.

Why didnt Gowon Martial troops to release Awolowo, from Prison, if he had a say in the region?

First and foremost Ojukwu didnt recognize Gowon, because even under Military strata, Gowon was a Junior officer to Ojukwu. So Gowon couldnt demand release of anybody, because Ojukwu was his senior.

Go and educate ya sef... cool

WorldRichest:

Awo was jailed by the federal government, but you are now claiming that a regional governor released him. Don't you think you should return your certificate back to your school?
Re: What Ojukwu Said About Releasing Awolowo by Sultanofpiglets: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
50yrs after...

3million deaths after...

You are still ranting foolishly because the people you mock , have overtaken you, and made you a worthless tenant in your despicable land.

You are a shallow brained dunce, and i like as IGBOs counter you fuuls on all platforms with solid facts.

spits.. cool

WorldRichest:

He wanted more foolish followers to go down with their foolish leader, and he got over three million down into the soil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out College Of Nursing Built By Mission In Onitsha, Anambra State (photos) / Abia Commences Work On Cement Factory / The Nigerian Oil Cabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.