Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,247 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs (1668 Views)

Don't Listen To Your Parents. / Unless She's A Virgin, Don't Listen To Such Nonsense Like: / 18+, Women Biko Start Checking Your Husband's Phone Oh, Don't Listen To Those Wo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
I wonder why people don't listen to real song that talk about true life and real life. They prefer listening to songs that encourage frauds, drugs and focus on women.

By the way this my playlist. I love listening to song that talks about reality and I can relate with... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by CatANDratTHEORY: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
Englishisamust, the songs you term real might be trashy to someone else. Everything boils down to choice and opinion and everyone has theirs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dax and Nf no go kill me!!! grin grin grin. Those 2 guys need collaboration!! grin grin grin. Dax especially is the most underrated musician have ever seen!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2023
CatANDratTHEORY:
Englishisamust, the songs you term real might be trashy to someone else. Everything boils down to choice and opinion and everyone has theirs.

That's why I'm still wondering!!!
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by DonBenny77(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2023
Like that one called shallipoppi his face alone looks like fraud.
I don't see how a reasonable human being can be a fan of such person.
Singing trash with mumu slangs and you see idiots loving the music

3 Likes

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
I do listen to a lot of motivational songs and also the ones that talk about true priceless love... I've noticed that most of such songs are underrated.

I used to listen to a lot of American rap in my teenage years to a point that I even had a lyrics book... But as I approached my adulthood, I slowly lost interest in such songs because I started understanding the messages behind most of those songs and I didn't like them one bit.

I now only listen to them every once in a while when I'm bored.

I'm more of an American country/pop music fan now and I also listen to local music... But I'm still very choosy.

2 Likes

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Samantha124:
I do listen to a lot of motivational songs and also the ones that talk about true priceless love... I've noticed that most of such songs are underrated.

I used to listen to a lot of American rap in my teenage years to a point that I even had a lyrics book... But as I approached my adulthood, I slowly lost interest in such songs because I started understanding the messages behind most of those songs and I didn't like them one bit.

I now only listen to them every once in a while when I'm bored.

I'm more of an American country/pop music fan now and I also listen to local music... But I'm still very choosy.
Glad you listen to American music, Can I ask you this questions??
How did you came across nairaland?? and have you ever been to Nigeria or are you related to Nigeria in anyway??
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
But I listen to more local music.

1. An acquaintance of mine told me about nairaland.
2. I've never been to Nigeria.
3. I'm not related to Nigeria in anyway.
Englishisamust:

Glad you listen to American music, Can I ask you this questions??
How did you came across nairaland?? and have you ever been to Nigeria or are you related to Nigeria in anyway??
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Samantha124:
But I listen to more local music.

1. An acquaintance of mine told me about nairaland.
2. I've never been to Nigeria.
3. I'm not related to Nigeria in anyway.

Great!!! I guess you will know how dance ampiano. I'm in love with that dance. grin
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Even with amapiano I can be choosy... grin grin grin

I don't stick to one specific genre.
Englishisamust:

Great!!! I guess you will know how dance ampiano. I'm in love with that dance. grin
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Cypress042(m): 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
Learn to appreciate your country music, there are still afrobeat songs that beat those songs you listed in terms of talking about reality.

1 Like

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2023
Cypress042:
Learn to appreciate your country music, there are still afrobeat songs that beat those songs you listed in terms of talking about reality.

Have not seen except Fela kuti sir!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Couldntfigurean: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
I listen to destined kids Joy joy joy till tomorrow

Best song ever

1 Like

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Akinfemmy(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Englishisamust:

That's not true. Even the dax in your list is actually Nigerian

Based on the two artiste you listened to, i can deduce you like self-conscious music.
Nigerian counterpart -
majek fashek
omah lay
wizard chan
falz
brymo
Kaptain
Erriga
African China
Burna Boy

2 Likes

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by shantti(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
Forget Abt the sweetness of a song.
There was a time I thought that Ariana Grande's song side by side was an inspirational music till someone told me..............

1 Like

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Godsongang: 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
That is why I like my Fuji songs jeje king saheed osupa and barrister even though I no understand everything wey the guys dey talk always.
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by SkengRay: 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
I listen to almost all Major genres and all of my local genres in Nigeria. Country music top Im a big Luke combs Fan, I love listening to Beautiful Nubia and Ayinla Omowura
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
DonBenny77:
Like that one called shallipoppi his face alone looks like fraud.
I don't see how a reasonable human being can be a fan of such person.
Singing trash with mumu slangs and you see idiots loving the music

His song is just useless!!! There is nothing to gain in his song. Which one be elon musk na crypto boy grin grin grin
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
Akinfemmy:

That's not true. Even the dax in your list is actually Nigerian

Based on the two artiste you listened to, i can deduce you like self-conscious music.
Nigerian counterpart -
majek fashek
omah lay
wizard chan
falz
brymo
Kaptain
Erriga
African China
Burna Boy

Yeah majek fashek, and Fela and I also listen to a little bit of burna and wizkid songs. Others I don't rate them!!!

1 Like

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Davizee(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
I listen to the 19's even though I am 19
Songs by ELO, ABBA,Elvis Presley, Gladis Knight and the rest of em
Sometimes I listen to few meaningful Nigerian songs
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by StrikeBack(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
I only listen to old raggae music. My love for this genre know no bounds.
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by VinnyBaba: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Men Mount o, Men Mount o.
The way Men go Loseguard
As the Kpo no Last.
Comot your Eye for Shallipopi.
As I dey, Electric dey Shock me.😊😄

Dey bend am, Dey bend am, Dey bend am like Benz x4. cheesy cheesy

OP, if you need good Inspirational song, go listen this Above song. 😎😄

1 Like

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by aQUINandmore: 4:52am On Sep 06, 2023
Englishisamust:

but brymo is a better song writer than NF and a large percentage of American musicians.

I believe America songs has lost its substance.
I grew up listening to American hip hop and till date Kanye west is my favorite musician alive but we don't have rappers with quality of songs like Kanye, Jay, big Sean, common, Talib kweli, j Cole etc anymore.

We used to have great and cool rap songs that talks about reality like kanye's diamond from Sierra leone, runaway, big brother, through the wire. Jay z's 4:44, died in your arms, glory etc, you would even barely great rap songs like j coles born sinner, love yourz anymore. Let's not even talk about lil Wayne great jams, Rick Ross, and the rest but we don't have such quality of works anymore.

All you hear these days are rubbish in the name of trap music, when future newly came to the scene we were hearing great and melodic trap jams like turn off the light, never stop and other notable tunes but you could barely hear a thing future is saying these days.

Nicki Minaj was a great female rapper and had great tunes but we we see these days in the name of female rappers are nonsense like ice spice and co cry

How about when we had Miley Cyrus and other beautiful female musicians doing great tunes but it's no longer the same these days.

Though I don't listen to much Nigeria jams but Nigeria have great song writers, try listen to nigeria alte songs and you will discover great jams.

Brymo, fireboy, wande coal, MI abaga, buju etc writes far better than many American acts. Pure facts.

Specially on BRYMO: THE fact that brymo doesn't have at least 5 Grammy awards to Himself is because he isn't American.
Find time to check out brymos discography and you will discover only few top American arts have a more quality body of works than brymo.

Personally I got tired of these American songs and naija jams has never been my thing so I do more of reggae these days, I'm enjoying buju banton"s last album.
The genre of music I never get tired of listening to is the reggae dancehall, reggae itself and cowboy country music.

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Aklee4994(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
aQUINandmore:
but brymo is a better song writer than NF and a large percentage of American musicians.

I grew up listening to American hip hop and till date Kanye west is my favorite musician alive but we don't have rappers with quality of songs like Kanye, Jay, big Sean, common, Talib kweli, j Cole etc anymore.

We used to have great and cool rap songs that talks about reality like kanye's diamond from Sierra leone, runaway, big brother, through the wire. Jay z's 4:44, died in your arms, glory etc, you would even barely great rap songs like j coles born sinner, love yourz anymore. Let's not even talk about lil Wayne great jams, Rick Ross, and the rest but we don't have such quality of works anymore.

All you hear these days are rubbish in the name of trap music, when future newly came to the scene we were hearing great and melodic trap jams like turn off the light, never stop and other notable tunes but you could barely hear a thing future is saying these days.

Nicki Minaj was a great female rapper and had great tunes but we we see these days in the name of female rappers are nonsense like ice spice and co cry

How about when we had Miley Cyrus and other beautiful female musicians doing great tunes but it's no longer the same these days.

Though I don't listen to much Nigeria jams but Nigeria have great song writers, try listen to nigeria alte songs and you will discover great jams.

Brymo, fireboy, wande coal, MI abaga, buju etc writes far better than many American acts. Pure facts.

Specially on BRYMO: THE fact that brymo doesn't have at least 5 Grammy awards to Himself is because he isn't American.
Find time to check out brymos discography and you will discover only few top American arts have a more quality body of works than brymo.

Personally I got tired of these American songs and naija jams has never been my thing so I do more of reggae these days, I'm enjoying buju banton"s last album.
The genre of music I never get tired of listening to is the reggae dancehall, reggae itself and cowboy country music.

Brymo song is more of consciousness to me and I love his music 🎶 like am typing now Na olooforo I Dey listen 🎧 to

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Englishisamust: 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
aQUINandmore:

Can you list all Nf songs you have heard!!! grin grin grin. I dont think you know nf well. Listen remember this by Nf!!.

1 Like

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Spagi(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
Rip legend my hero juice world beat dem all
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by aQUINandmore: 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Englishisamust:

Can you list all Nf songs you have heard!!! grin grin grin. I dont think you know nf well. Listen remember this by Nf!!.

grin grin
I am more of an NF fan than you.
I have heard every of his songs you have heard and not heard.
Brymo is so much of a good writer that he was added to an American university curriculum when their students chose brymos song as their project.
Put some respect on that name, NF got nothing on Brymo, Brymo is ages ahead of him.
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by aQUINandmore: 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
Aklee4994:
Brymo song is more of consciousness to me and I love his music 🎶 like am typing now Na olooforo I Dey listen 🎧 to

Brymo is an enigma.
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Allisgud: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2023
I listen to any genre of music so far it is good music

1 Like

Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Kobicove(m): 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
The only "Fast car" track I know and recognise is the one bey Tracy Chapman! undecided
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by mayor1814: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
Just gimme country music, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney - you and tequila : one of my best songs ever, Dierks Bentley - home, John Denver - country roads, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton etc

Then give me Lighthouse Family, Sade Adu, Fela kuti, John Lennon, the Beatles, Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion.

Then deep rap message and lyrics gimme Rakim, 2pac, Nas and Eminem.

Then naija gimme brymo, omah lay - d boy dey really try, Asa, wizkid and dagrin, yeah d late dagrin.
Re: Why do People Don't Listen To This Type Of Songs by Illegal1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
omoh........i still prefer new age songs

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Giving Away My Phone For Just 45k. Negotiable / I Cant Believe My Eye / Is Living At Home With Parents Such A Turn Off For Dating Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.