Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? (33090 Views)

Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / I Want To Send My Wife Packing / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by NaijaRealtor: 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
1. Right from when she was about three years old, she would always pray for me to make it so she can come stay with me.

2. Been married for like 7 years and we have 3 kids. My wife was on my neck to bring my niece to come stay with us so she can assist with helping to look after the kids once they all return from school.

3. Because I know how many ladies treat children that aren't theirs, I refused to bring my niece over. So after much pressure from my wife, I approached my sister and her husband and pleaded to allow me train her as she'd always prayed.

4. Weeks after her arrival, my wife started complaining about her attitude and stuff. I refused to yield to my wife's suggestions that I take my niece back. It almost caused quarrel between us.

I felt it was too early to judge her. She's just 12 years old.

Her Attitudes:

A. She would fold and keep pants stained with my 1 year old poop in the laundry basket until it starts bringing out maggots, then we would search the whole house for the source of the foul smell until we find it and throw away affected clothes, disinfect the house and all.

B. She, yesterday wiped my 6 years old son with iron buckle on the belt and his head nearly burst open. He complained of severe headache and we are still treating him.

C. Final straw was, while we were in the office today, my 6 years old started to throw up. He was sick. This girl just laid on the couch and instructed a 6 years old to go fetch the broom, mopping stick and packer to clean the mess.

My son was very weak, but he went to fetch these items and cleaning the vomit. Because he was very sick, he kept on throwing up and cleaning at the same time. All these while, this girl laid there relaxing until my wife came home and washed my son up and cleaned the floor.

When I came back this evening and learnt about the stuff, I quietly asked her why she'd behaved like that and she said it was nothing.

I really don't know whether to let her stay while I try to coach her or take her back to her parents.

I seriously need advice.

Sorry for the long epistle.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by jamesversion: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by jaeyking(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Why bother to have kids
If you won't train them yourselves and be there to look after them

New generation parents
This question is for you

If you feel you are too busy to do so
Then get a professional nanny to do such duty and not someone's child who might feel maltreated.

Bottom line
Send your niece back to her mother
That's all

Train your child yourself or get a professional (registered) nanny

515 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by TheBillyonaire: 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
One person should be home. Both parents can not chase money and leave toddlers for another child. Why are both of you working? Are you not aware that nursing kids is a full time job?

Your niece can be there at your home and be trained as you promised but you need a nanny or a parent at home.

181 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Mindlog: 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
Send her back to her parents, if you both need help with the kids then get a professional nanny as already suggested, someone who would come in the mornings and leaves in the evenings.

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
NaijaRealtor:
3. Because I know how many ladies treat children that aren't theirs, I refused to bring my niece over. So after much pressure from my wife, I approached my sister and her husband and pleaded to allow me train her as she'd always prayed.
4. Weeks after her arrival, my wife started complaining about her attitude and stuff. I refused to yield to my wife's suggestions that I take my niece back. It almost caused quarrel between us.
Her Attitudes:
When I came back this evening and learnt about the stuff, I quietly asked her why she'd behaved like that and she said it was nothing. I really don't know whether to let her stay while I try to coach her or take her back to her parents. I seriously need advice. Sorry for the long epistle.
You promised to train her but from your story, you are barely there to do any of that. So why not give her back to her own parents so they can hopefully give her the attention she needs before it is too late? undecided

If both you and your wife work, then commonsense would be to hire professional help — a grown-up— who can adequately do the job you desire done while you are away. Either that of find a daycare for your kids while you are aware at work. undecided

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by DesChyko: 12:17am On Sep 06, 2023
Your wife is quite patient.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:20am On Sep 06, 2023
Alaye, return that child to her parents then you and your wife can figure out how to raise your kids yourselves.

65 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by nedekid: 12:21am On Sep 06, 2023
A kid to take care of kids.

195 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by meum: 12:22am On Sep 06, 2023
I’m not supporting the girl’s actions. She is wrong to have been that heartless. You never can tell if that is what your wife does to her. Even with that she shouldn’t start being heartless at such an early age.

I guess until the damage is done(God forbid) before you see that sentiments have no place in such an issue. I won’t tell you to send her away neither will I say you should keep her. Go through what I wrote slowly again, the answer you are looking for is right there.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Laple0541(m): 12:22am On Sep 06, 2023
A twelve year old girl is sill a baby so don’t expect her to take care of your children. If you guys can’t afford to employ a trained adult that can take care of your children, then both of you should decide on when each of you should work and when to be the the children.

For the girl, take her to her parents before she gives you children kerosene thinking it is water. But before you do, get some canes to reset her brain. She lacks home training coupled with some traits of wickedness in her.

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by complexstuffs(m): 12:22am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:
1. Right from when she was about three years old, she would always pray for me to make it so she can come stay with me.

2. Been married for like 7 years and we have 3 kids. My wife was on my neck to bring my niece to come stay with us so she can assist with helping to look after the kids once they all return from school.

Her Attitudes:

A. She would fold and keep pants stained with my 1 year old poop in the laundry basket until it starts bringing out maggots, then we would search the whole house for the source of the foul smell until we find it and throw away affected clothes, disinfect the house and all.

B. She, yesterday wiped my 6 years old son with iron buckle on the belt and his head nearly burst open. He complained of severe headache and we are still treating him.

C. Final straw was, while we were in the office today, my 6 years old started to throw up. He was sick. This girl just laid on the couch and instructed a 6 years old to go fetch the broom, mopping stick and packer to clean the mess.

My son was very weak, but he went to fetch these items and cleaning the vomit. Because he was very sick, he kept on throwing up and cleaning at the same time. All these while, this girl laid there relaxing until my wife came home and washed my son up and cleaned the floor.

When I came back this evening and learnt about the stuff, I quietly asked her why she'd behaved like that and she said it was nothing.

I really don't know whether to let her stay while I try to coach her or take her back to her parents.

I seriously need advice.

You and your wife could be arrested, prosecuted and convicted for child labor.

Your niece is still a child yet here you are using her to house help/nanny which is the job of an adult. Better do the right thing before she kills your son because the only reason you brought her to your home is to enslave her

One of the parents should resign and stay at home to watch the kids or get a professional nanny to take care of your kids while you and your wife are away

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by MorataFC: 12:22am On Sep 06, 2023
Hmmn

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Omoawoke: 12:23am On Sep 06, 2023
This is why I’m working hard day and night, improving myself daily to build a world for my children. A world where they will never be disrespected, a world where they have most of what it takes to live a good life and never lack.
I can bet your niece came from a humble background and the parents are not doing too well and that’s why your wife could treat her badly.

In summary, try get money for this life

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by anthonioo(m): 12:23am On Sep 06, 2023
Send her back

5 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Luckysbab: 12:23am On Sep 06, 2023
The forum girls will still come and portray their "the man is not caring enough" agenda. Wait for it!

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by saasala(m): 12:23am On Sep 06, 2023
You and your wife are some two self centered mofos.

You didn't bring the child over to train her as said to her parents. Your brought her over to use her. Your wife particularly was begging you to bring her so she could turn her to a slave.

And she is just a child. A 12 year old for crying out loud. You even expect a child to behave like an adult. You brought child who needs to be taken care of to take care of another child.

On a normal day, e no suppose Betta for you and your wife.

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by MMWandali: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2023
Notify her parents first

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by jaxxy(m): 12:25am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Do u correct her when she does what is wrong snd tell her the right things to do or u just ask her series of questions and threaten her or discuss what to do with her?

u need to teach a child and tell them how they should act and if she refuses to take correction then something is wrong with her and she needs to go back home or u take more serious steps to monitor and correct her.

A little child should not be so wicked and difficult.

9 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by b3llo(m): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2023
Coach for a few months if there is no improvement, quietly return her back.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by illicit(m): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2023
She's just 12, what do you expect

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Sep 06, 2023
b3llo:
Coach for a few months if there is no improvement, quietly return her back.
She is 12, and OP dey work. How in the world is he going to coach her? She get parents for a reason, and OP is wrong to bring her over to serve as house-help when she is herself a child in need of care. undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by grandstar(m): 12:34am On Sep 06, 2023
Get rid of your niece now!

Forget whatever someone says: one day, people will discover what kind of monster she really is if what you wrote was true.

I fear for your kids. Do not under any circumstance allow any thing to happen to them.

11 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by MainPaid: 12:37am On Sep 06, 2023
Okay
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by brushesz: 12:38am On Sep 06, 2023
12 year old is still a very little child.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by EmperorVamo: 12:41am On Sep 06, 2023
OP

You are stupid

Coming here to ask for permission

No, dont send her away

Let your kids die first

Keep doing stupid black tax

7 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by ItisWell22(f): 12:41am On Sep 06, 2023
She’s still young.

Take her back before madam loses her patience.

5 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by rickleye: 12:41am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Dude what more do you need to send your niece packing with tf . She clearly doesn’t want to be there. She not a housemaid. You actually increased the number of kids from 3 to 4.
Must she “accidentally” kill one of your children ?
It would be best for you to hire a professional nanny that works 9-5pm to help you guys out .
Millennials are not the same as yesteryears.

6 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by chauvinist(m): 12:42am On Sep 06, 2023
You are a wicked human

How can you expect a 12 years old child to be rasing your child? That's child abuse and cheap labor

I have no pity for you

Either employ a professional nanny or get either of your mothers or your wife stay at home

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by laluski(m): 12:43am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

You said your niece did all this and you're still keeping her in your house?!!!
Are you kidding me?.. Don't worry... Wait till your son dies... Then you'll know what to do... Nonsense... Just look at what you.. A GROWN UP MAN IS SAYING..asking for advice on naira land.. Chai... How can I unread what I just read

2 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by laluski(m): 12:44am On Sep 06, 2023
DesChyko:
Your wife is quite patient.
Infact eh?
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Luckysbab: 12:45am On Sep 06, 2023
Omoawoke:
This is why I’m working hard day and night, improving myself daily to build a world for my children. A world where they will never be disrespected, a world where they have most of what it takes to live a good life and never lack.
I can bet your niece came from a humble background and the parents are not doing too well and that’s why your wife could treat her badly.

In summary, try get money for this life

What are you even saying!

What wife is treating who badly? What post are you commenting on?

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Tattoos His Late Mother's Face In His Hand (Photos) / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.