Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? (33151 Views)

Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / I Want To Send My Wife Packing / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Microwhy: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:
So after much pressure from my wife, I approached my sister and her husband and pleaded to allow me train her as she'd always prayed.
How does your promise to the parent correlate with the girl refusing to be a full time nanny.
You promised her parents to train her but deep inside, you want her to be a full time nanny @ 12yo. What a cruel world.

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Tzar(m): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2023
This is what simping brings to you!
You already have a conviction about how women treat kids that ain’t theirs, yet you bowed to your wives pressure?! YOU ARE A WEAK MAN! Go and check what happens to men who change their mind at the whims and caprices of their wife… most are destroyed irreparably. You can consider their advise while predominantly considering your opinion to blend both 80/20. NEVER MAKE MAJOR DECISIONS ON THE EMOTIONAL OPINION OF A WOMAN.
You promised the parents to train the child, do you think that was just an about using her as a SLAVE?! The parents did not beg you, you and your wife asked for this , so deal with it without abusing the child, SIMP!

NaijaRealtor:
1. Right from when she was about three years old, she would always pray for me to make it so she can come stay with me.

2. Been married for like 7 years and we have 3 kids. My wife was on my neck to bring my niece to come stay with us so she can assist with helping to look after the kids once they all return from school.

3. Because I know how many ladies treat children that aren't theirs, I refused to bring my niece over. So after much pressure from my wife, I approached my sister and her husband and pleaded to allow me train her as she'd always prayed.

4. Weeks after her arrival, my wife started complaining about her attitude and stuff. I refused to yield to my wife's suggestions that I take my niece back. It almost caused quarrel between us.

I felt it was too early to judge her. She's just 12 years old.

Her Attitudes:

A. She would fold and keep pants stained with my 1 year old poop in the laundry basket until it starts bringing out maggots, then we would search the whole house for the source of the foul smell until we find it and throw away affected clothes, disinfect the house and all.

B. She, yesterday wiped my 6 years old son with iron buckle on the belt and his head nearly burst open. He complained of severe headache and we are still treating him.

C. Final straw was, while we were in the office today, my 6 years old started to throw up. He was sick. This girl just laid on the couch and instructed a 6 years old to go fetch the broom, mopping stick and packer to clean the mess.

My son was very weak, but he went to fetch these items and cleaning the vomit. Because he was very sick, he kept on throwing up and cleaning at the same time. All these while, this girl laid there relaxing until my wife came home and washed my son up and cleaned the floor.

When I came back this evening and learnt about the stuff, I quietly asked her why she'd behaved like that and she said it was nothing.

I really don't know whether to let her stay while I try to coach her or take her back to her parents.

I seriously need advice.

Sorry for the long epistle.

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by TheGreatIYANU: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:
1. Right from when she was about three years old, she would always pray for me to make it so she can come stay with me...

Mr there's a lot you're not saying because if someone hit my child on the head with iron belt, they'll be WISHING I only returned them back to their family.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by YorubaRonu01: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2023
Laple0541:
A twelve year old girl is sill a baby so don’t expect her to take care of your children. If you guys can’t afford to employ a trained adult that can take care of your children, then both of you should decide on when each of you should work and when to be the the children.

For the girl, take her to her parents before she gives her children kerosene thinking it is water. But before you do, get some canes to reset her brain. She lacks home training coupled with some traits of wickedness in her.
I so much like your second paragraph, but the first....a 12-year-old isn't a baby bro, I have seen a 13-year-old that gave birth. Most maids in homes are within that age range, look for someone around 18 and watch her get pregnant or even corrupt your kids
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by scoobyblogspot(m): 11:15am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:
1. Right from when she was about three years old, she would always pray for me to make it so she can come stay with me.

2. Been married for like 7 years and we have 3 kids. My wife was on my neck to bring my niece to come stay with us so she can assist with helping to look after the kids once they all return from school.

3. Because I know how many ladies treat children that aren't theirs, I refused to bring my niece over. So after much pressure from my wife, I approached my sister and her husband and pleaded to allow me train her as she'd always prayed.

4. Weeks after her arrival, my wife started complaining about her attitude and stuff. I refused to yield to my wife's suggestions that I take my niece back. It almost caused quarrel between us.

Her Attitudes:

A. She would fold and keep pants stained with my 1 year old poop in the laundry basket until it starts bringing out maggots, then we would search the whole house for the source of the foul smell until we find it and throw away affected clothes, disinfect the house and all.

B. She, yesterday wiped my 6 years old son with iron buckle on the belt and his head nearly burst open. He complained of severe headache and we are still treating him.

C. Final straw was, while we were in the office today, my 6 years old started to throw up. He was sick. This girl just laid on the couch and instructed a 6 years old to go fetch the broom, mopping stick and packer to clean the mess.

My son was very weak, but he went to fetch these items and cleaning the vomit. Because he was very sick, he kept on throwing up and cleaning at the same time. All these while, this girl laid there relaxing until my wife came home and washed my son up and cleaned the floor.

When I came back this evening and learnt about the stuff, I quietly asked her why she'd behaved like that and she said it was nothing.

I really don't know whether to let her stay while I try to coach her or take her back to her parents.

I seriously need advice.

I took my daughter for day care for 9days when my wife started working, only for me to ask her resign today and focus on my daughter. See your child is your child. No one can take care of your child the way you will

2 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by awesomegene1: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2023
Even though you tried to sugar coat it, it's obvious you and your wife are lazy and irresponsible to take care of your kids and a minor, your wife dey give 12yr old pikin shit to clean

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by MaiGee01: 11:48am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Quietly send her back before the story will be too much for you to tell.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by stormborn28(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
One person should be home. Both parents can not chase money and leave toddlers for another child. Why are both of you working? Are you not aware that nursing kids is a full time job?

Your niece can be there at your home and be trained as you promised but you need a nanny or a parent at home.

Thank you . you are blessed... I made sure my wife is always home with the children though the finance is a burden on me but pays better.. With that I monitor their health, habit etc
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by stormborn28(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
awesomegene1:
Even though you tried to sugar coat it, it's obvious you and your wife are lazy and irresponsible to take care of your kids and a minor, your wife dey give 12yr old pikin shit to clean

D thing tire me oooooo
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by stormborn28(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
scoobyblogspot:

I took my daughter for day care for 9days when my wife started working, only for me to ask her resign today and focus on my daughter. See your child is your child. No one can take care of your child the way you will

Yes ooooo.. Many parents are running away from taking care of their children.. This generation of parents is something else. That is why they over burden the teachers. To puck their children from school na wahala.. Some of them will still be left in school till 6pm..
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Fuckyoumod: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

A 12 year old? A child that needs care and training at this age.
Shouldn't be taking care of your children sir.

Send her back to her parents.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by stormborn28(m): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
laluski:

Infact eh?

Which one is in fact..she should resign and stay with her children...
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by BinamRex: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
Would you let your 12-year-old daughter go leave with your sister or brother and be used as a nanny?

Don't forget that she is also a child. The girl also lacks empathy if all the things you say about her are true. Personally, I won't feel comfortable letting my 12-year-old daughter live with my sibling while being used as a nanny.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Babisha10(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
Send her back before it's too late
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Damzee5: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

imagine all these and you are here asking questions.ogbeni if u love ur family,take her back home.help her from afar.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by id911(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2023
NoToPile:
I don't even understand what people are saying. If she was your daughter would you take the nonsense?

So if your 12 year old daughter folds pant with poop and it smells you would condone that behaviour.

If she beats her 6 year old brother with belt head till he has to be treated you will condone such behaviour.

Your 12 year old daughter cannot clean the vomit of the younger one if the parents are not around.

You no go flog the rubbish out of her head?

Reason why I don't advice people to take other people's children in, the nonsense they can't take from their own children they would be expected to condone it.

You can NEVER discipline a child living with you and be right, you will always be at fault.

So a 12 year old doesn't know it's wrong to fold pants with poop, also doesn't know it's wickedness to flog with Iron head of belt.

Send the girl back abeg. If it's your daughter you know how you will handle the MATTER, if you discipline her now you will be a WICKED UNCLE.

SEND HER BACK.

Every body go dey form child right advocate for Nairaland, Radarada.

@NoToPile How can I contact you please? I want to ask/clarify something from you. Thanks
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by ariesbull: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

You and your wife are heartless and wicked...why are you using a 12 yr old child as a house help and she is even your niece ...you are a SIMP and a disgrace

I know that your wife must be Igbo ! I am Igbo and I know how many Igbo women treat kids that aren't theirs

Send that poor girl back to her people ..you can't enslave a 12 yr old child that knows nothing

Wicked soul
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by JoshuaBestPremi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
I understand that you are facing a challenging situation with your niece's behavior and the impact it is having on your family. It's important to carefully consider the best course of action for everyone involved.

Based on the behaviors you have described, it is evident that your niece's actions have caused significant inconvenience and even physical harm to your children. This raises valid concerns about her ability to fulfill the responsibilities entrusted to her, especially when it comes to the well-being and safety of your kids.

While it is understandable that she is still young at 12 years old, her actions appear to be consistently problematic and potentially harmful. It's crucial to prioritize the safety and welfare of your children above all else. They should not be subjected to situations that could compromise their health or result in further harm.

Before making a decision, it may be beneficial to have a calm and open discussion with your wife about your concerns, as her input and perspective are essential in this matter. If possible, consider involving your niece's parents in the conversation to gain a better understanding of her background and any underlying factors that may contribute to her behaviors.

Ultimately, the decision to send your niece back to her parents or attempt to guide and coach her is a personal one. If you believe that her behaviors pose a severe risk to your children's well-being or if her actions continue to cause significant disruption in your household, it may be necessary to consider alternative arrangements for her.

You could explore options such as seeking professional help, including counseling or therapy, to address her behavioral issues and help her develop appropriate skills. However, be prepared to prioritize the safety and well-being of your immediate family and ensure that any decisions made are in their best interest.

NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by jaeyking(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
gbeseun:

God bless u.i have been using different nannies at different time for over years cos I won't allow.my kids in the hands of families that will.maltreat them.the guy had money and want cheap labour.were ahun

Very correct
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by jaeyking(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Rolings:

Cheap labour
That's why many Nigerian parents especially city dwellers who are always too busy to even look after their own children, have decided to turn other people's children especially relative's into slaves . Ask them to get a professional nanny they run.....they prefer those young igede...agatu....idoma...tiv....jukun....Hausa... Togolese....beninoise to professional nanny.
These are the same people planning to japa to go and do professional nanny in the UK or Canada

The double standards of the world
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Loisemm2(f): 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor , if you can keep her ,do so since you have already taken her in. But bring in a paid bigger girl or lady that is at least 18years of age to be a nanny and do the housework. She could be live-in or live-out.
Your little niece can be assisting sometimes if the need arises. They would also 'monitor' each other. Lol.

Relatives, ideally, should not be used to do chores or maid work. It should be their choice to help out. Most of them come with the mindset to relax in their relatives homes. Get a real maid and allow them enjoy your home.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by YouEssay2: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

You’re telling him to beat a 12 year old CHILD because she does not want to be a house slave. Then, you have nerve to say that the child is wicked.
You go explain taya. De-dollarization continuing at a rapid pace. E go choke for your terrorist country next year.

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by NoToPile: 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
id911:

@NoToPile How can I contact you please? I want to ask/clarify something from you. Thanks

Whats the something about?
You can mention me on a dead thread
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by stanvesco(m): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

My brother if I open my mouth and begin to tell you my own ehn...you go hug me. Kindly just take her back!
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by purples25(f): 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
This girl, return her. She will hate you, and most especially your kids, for life. Nobody's kid likes to serve anyone else's kids. If you want a close enemy for your kids, keep her around and let her be 'helping' your kids do stuff. I have witnessed and experienced the hatred first hand from my aunt, a few years older than me, who was with us growing up.

Even if you buy them the same clothes, shoes and all as your kids, they will still hate you all. It's better to leave them with their parents, and give them money every time you come. Iff you want to train them, give their parents the money.

You are just creating a bitter enemy for your kids. If you tell any young person that is not your family to even wash a few plates, they act and feel used. Look at them closely, they will start acting bitter immediately! Better to leave them alone. If they come to see you even, treat them like full visitors, no matter how young they are. In their hearts, these young family members don't want to help in anything. If they do one chore, to them, you've used them.

This girl would grow up and be wishing and working hard towards outshining your kids while hoping your kids don't become anything. Why? All because you had them taking care of your kids, or it could just be that you gave them chores like the rest.

No secondary family can feel secure with any good treatment. Pamper them when they come to visit. Don't let them do ANYTHING, if you love your kids lives. Send the money to want to use and train them home, don't ever separate them from their parents. If she must live with you, turn your eyes and don't give her any single bit of work. For your kids sake. I've put down my own piece.

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Omoawoke: 2:41am On Sep 08, 2023
BabaIbo:

And you're busy collecting 5k every election season and you're expecting God to come down and do what you're suppose to do by yourself for you?

Continue o...

You mean 50k dollars?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.