Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup (28934 Views)

Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by eteba(m): 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
oweniwe:

10k soup that will last one week?

In which regime? Jonathan regime or Buhari or Tinubu own? undecided
.....would depend on the volume of water added.
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by obaidan: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
dem go go marry when dem never reach...come come nairaland dey disturb our peace with how much u should give ur wife for pot of soup....oga if ur friend and him wife dey get disagreement on pot of soup money, then ur friend has made at least one mistake...either e never reach to marry(financially) OR e dun go marry who never reach to marry...OR both.

One thing is sure: In his marriage, there is at least 1 person that shouldn't be married that is participating in the marriage AND i strongly suspect that person is your friend

3 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Ontus: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
3k can cook soup for the two of you..

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by pendragonbladgo(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jobless Wife right
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Privatepart00: 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

How can a man go and be shopping for soup condiments? Men that don't know the right spices and ingredients to buy for some kind of our native soups. Theyll end up packing all those kitchen glory and mr chef spices in the market because they don't know our local spices.

Abeg leave soup shopping for us. No be everything una go dey form I can do it.

Probably, the guys you have met don't know how to cook. I don't use any artificial seasoning when cooking. I can tell you for free, all the girls I dated , start acting clingy after I serve them my soup. Many of them would be asking when I am going to cook another soup. Even my mum do allow me to prepare soup during festivities.
I have never asked any girl I dated to come for weekend and cook because I can do it better.
All natural seasonings I use. When I go to my sister's house,, she would inform me ahead about seasoning the chicken or goat meat for her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by NtumagburuEleph: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
jaeyking:
Ask your wife the amount of money will make the desired soup for you.

no come dey disturb us

no be we say make you marry who u no trust

cuzz if u trust her, u no go dey ask this question for this place

Bro why the Vowlence
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Jewessgratitud3: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
Privatepart00:

Probably, the guys you have met don't know how to cook. I don't use any artificial seasoning when cooking. I can tell you for free, all the girls I dated , start acting clingy after I serve them my soup. Many of them would be asking when I am going to cook another soup. Even my mum do allow me to prepare soup during festivities.
I have never asked any girl I dated to come for weekend and cook because I can do it better.
All natural seasonings I use. When I go to my sister's house,, she would inform me ahead about seasoning the chicken or goat meat for her.

Hm .. Mr shef cheesy
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by aktolly54(m): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
Skyview01:

About $350 usd should be enough for a good pot of soup for a newly married man.
soup or food stuff at home? Why not $3,500 ?

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by asanausana91: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
How much do you earn?
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by asanausana91: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
nnewsnjobs:
As a newly married man, how are you going to Bleep you wife?

Since na everything you people will come to nairaland to ask.
thank you, I don't even know who give him a wife, because from the look of things he is not matured enough for marriage.

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by jaeyking(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
NtumagburuEleph:

Bro why the Vowlence

He asked a stupid question thats y.

or will he be asking us if he should have sex with his wife or how many kids he should have
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Papagoodness: 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
Depends on his income. For me, if I earn 100k I can sacrifice 55k for feeding and her upkeep
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by sunsweet33: 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
Im not married but I suggest they go shopping together to avoid unnecessary accusations.

Plus I assume by “good pot of soup” you mean a good amount and variation of proteins which will be more costly. Me personally I only need some small pieces of meat and some dried prawns/stockfish and I’m good to go. But I prefer to add a huge amount of vegetables to add body and improve the nutritional profile.

And we don’t even know what kind of freezer your friend has, if any. If Nepa take light na bad pot of soup be dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by sunsweet33: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
For a quality pot of soup that will last at least one week, 10k will do.
Average pot of soup that will last for three days, 5k.

Mind you, this is on management level cos for only me, I know how much I spend every week for soup.

Modified..
Chai! Why is everyone sounding so bitter? I just finished reading the comments of everyone above me thinking I could find something helpful but men.. I got the shocker of my life. Waaaat?

Simple question una turn am to warzone. Smh..I'm beginning to dislike this forum. Somebody can not come and find answers to a simple quest or issues bothering them, you'll just make the person look stupid. Too bad.

grin I knew you hadn’t seen what the other people said since you answered the question genuinely. Only to scroll up and see that they had already finished the guy with insult. Sorry o 😆

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by omoharry(f): 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
gentposh:
Pls married men in the house help him out here...

My friend just called men to as me . I am yet to reply him
For this kind port of soup , budget 10k for just the soup alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Jewessgratitud3: 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
sunsweet33:

grin I knew you hadn’t seen what the other people said since you answered the question genuinely. Only to scroll up and see that they had already finished the guy with insult. Sorry o 😆
.my dear I didn't see it o. I just finished reading his post and went straight to comment. It was later I said let me also see what others suggested omor.. na him i see missiles and bombs flying all over the place o. Chai!! 😂😂😂 No joy at all

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by debbydams(f): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
extol1:

Longest time
abi oo
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by sunsweet33: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
adecz:

The major thing in cooking soup
are fish & meat. Other things are secondary.

The advice is to buy the usual condiments
like oil, ogbono, egusi, maggi & crayfish
in bulk for storage at home so that anytime
there is need for cooking, she just buys
meat & fish.

I think the above advice is a good foundation
to start on.

Happy married life👫💍

Good. And aside from soup things like rice, beans, garri and the likes should all be on standby for at least a month in advance.

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by sunsweet33: 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

.my dear I didn't see it o. I just finished reading his post and went straight to comment. It was later I said let me also see what others suggested omor.. na him i see missiles and bombs flying all over the place o. Chai!! 😂😂😂 No joy at all

😆 Me I saw them but I still went ahead and answered my own. The situation in this country is making everybody bitter, please don’t mind them!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by 77up(m): 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
Very soon , we will be reading things like " what kind of sex style can make my wife love me" "can I drink water after food" "can I train my child " " can I sleet at night" kinds of questions.

Babies in adults everywhere.
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by fortunechy(m): 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
What are you going to do about it?? Mchteeeeeew!!!
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Simpubozz(m): 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
2k is ok. A good woman should know how to manage that . If she can’t, divorce her

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by adecz: 12:29am On Sep 08, 2023
sunsweet33:

Good. And aside from soup things like rice, beans, garri and the likes should all be on standby for at least a month in advance.

It goes without saying that bulk food
should never run short in the household.
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by ddeola: 3:19am On Sep 08, 2023
Is any amount ever too much to give your own wife to cook for you and your family? Bros, abeg no dey fall our hand jare

If you dey "very rich"at the moment explain to her in a loving way and give her wetin you fit afford. Your wife na your lifesaver

Finally, don't forget to spoil her with your wealth when it comes. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by IkeAbuja: 3:50am On Sep 08, 2023
gentposh:

sir you want to know how much to give your newly married wife for a good pot of soup here on nairaland?🥴 Your marriage have started failing already and it will crash like the titanic🤡
This generation of our men still got me thinking 🤔
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Rhassidy360: 3:58am On Sep 08, 2023
Na base on my pocket my wife understands for weeks now we neva chop meat na fish, turkey and Pomo, If ground level mama de choke pot with different Orishirishi . My bro make ur wife know ur pocket o e get why.

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 08, 2023
Simpubozz:
2k is ok. A good woman should know how to manage that . If she can’t, divorce her

What kind of soup with 2k?
Gbure and omiobe or pade mi n' igunkpa soup?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by castins(m): 6:40am On Sep 08, 2023
I started mine when we were dating, do not ask her, intentionally keep money you know that is more than excess, then tell her the type of soup you want, allow her to use her hand to decide how much to take.

In my case then, I kept #30k, then told her " baby, I kept #30k in the drawer, please confirm you saw it and it's complete" she affirmed, I the said, please can you make so so so soup for me? I will be back around 4pm .

She called back to ask how much she should take, I said " I can't really say now, just decide"

In that case, I have gotten what u wanted.

gentposh:

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by DenreleDave(m): 7:40am On Sep 08, 2023
Skyview01:

What kind of soup with 2k?
Gbure and omiobe or pade mi n' igunkpa soup?

Chaii. Baba..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Funkybabee(f): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2023
Zupay:

What is difficult in sitting down with his wife and discuss it based on their financial situation?

What use it if I have an income of N450k monthly and because of our soup preferences, it costs my wife N18k to make the soup, my reality and his is not the same, so he has nothing to learn from me.

Like how many days the soup will last ?

18k for soup only, unless you ain't paying tithe, removing food buying, fuel, family spending etc. How much are you now saving

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Personality: Meet Dele Giwa's First Daughter, Funmilayo [photo] / Lawyers Advise Women To Drop Maiden Name After Marriage / Rivers Man And His Wife Who Gave Birth Name Their Twins Atiku And Wike (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.