Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup (28915 Views)

Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by iammo(m): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
Na you be the husband , no dey form third party

And please for God sake and sake of peace of mind give your wife whatever she ask for as money for soup

That's their own department and it's better not to interfere

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by joshmee4real(m): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
I hope your Friend knows the good pot of Soup will not last them till death do them apart. So he should spend Wisely, Other good pots of soup will be prepared for many years to come in the Marriage.

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Timothy89(m): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
Welcome to the association of stingy husband because I don't know how a public forum will tell you how much to give your wife for soup when you no even specify the kind of soup you want her or she want to cook

3 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by adecz: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
The major thing in cooking soup
are fish & meat. Other things are secondary.

The advice is to buy the usual condiments
like oil, ogbono, egusi, maggi & crayfish
in bulk for storage at home so that anytime
there is need for cooking, she just buys
meat & fish.

I think the above advice is a good foundation
to start on.

Again, a wife should not be a parasite &
should endeavor to make her own input
into the household except na villager them
package for you...

Happy married life👫💍

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by GOSPELTRUTH31: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
gentposh:
Pls married men in the house help him out here...

My friend just called men to as me . I am yet to reply him

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by YouandiAllofus: 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
For a quality pot of soup that will last at least one week, 10k will do.
Average pot of soup that will last for three days, 5k.

Mind you, this is on management level cos for only me, I know how much I spend every week for soup.

Modified..
Chai! Why is everyone sounding so bitter? I just finished reading the comments of everyone above me thinking I could find something helpful but men.. I got the shocker of my life. Waaaat?

Simple question una turn am to warzone. Smh..I'm beginning to dislike this forum. Somebody can not come and find answers to a simple quest or issues bothering them, you'll just make the person look stupid. Too bad.
They haff kukuma finish d guy on dis forum and i'm enjoying d bashing cos d guy go resembo pesin wey go dey use mathematics on top pot of soup both cookin and consumption. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by bonnyhope: 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
Social media Validation go kill some people before their time

Asking outsiders how to run your house

Tuel!!!

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Kimjongun: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
Lol this is what you get when you didn't live together before marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by bolademi(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
gentposh:

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by bigcee(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
Give her according to how much you earn na. Abi you dey earn 150k and use 20k for a pot of soup.

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Glassysea(m): 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
10k is good . Meat 3,500 fish 2k stock fish 1500. The rest .

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Lungdick: 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2023
Skyview01:

About $350 usd should be enough for a good pot of soup for a newly married man.

350*750
You wan do party
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by denko(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
No matter how bad are the responses you will get what you need from someone just keep on reading them

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Skindiveaa7: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Always make the soup very rich,Good morning should go to his home
gentposh:

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by icankel: 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
As a single guy u should know how much u spend in a pot of soup now that u have added one person u have to increase the volume of soup and amount too. Everything shouldn't come on social media

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by onlyboyson(m): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
How much he can truly afford

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by ChristianMuslim: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
Bring your wife to my house, let me help you to train her and tell her how much.. I go give her Belle, she go chop concursion tire.. stupid social media couple.. Social media will ruin so many life in Nigeria.. yeye

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Sammy5413(m): 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Can we talk about something more important than all these family issues?
Abeg give her 500k, no disturb us abeg

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by membranus: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
gentposh:

Foodstuffs prices change everyday in Nigeria, so a soup cost is not stable.

Probably from N5,000 upward, depending on family size.

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by denko(m): 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
If your salary is 100k your pot of soup should be 5k if it is 200k your pot of soup should be 12k then 300-400k your pot of should be 25k and the soup should be eating in two days @ one meal each.

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Enskynelson(m): 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
This one no mature before e marry o.
Do you give money base on recommendations or based on your pocket?
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Olas121: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
Time will tell how much you will give your wife.
gentposh:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by fkj950ax(m): 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
You don’t have any business being married if you ask such questions even in private.

Too many emotionally underdeveloped boys and girls in public these days

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by EndRape2(f): 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
[Chai this woman has married a useless thing, women are suffering ooo, how can man come on media to ask how much he should give his wife .

God forbid badthing.

quote author=gentposh post=125630061]Pls married men in the house help him out here...

My friend just called men to as me . I am yet to reply him[/quote]

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Elizkid: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
Cook according to your pocket. And don't be deceived, a lot of people bloat the figures of the actual amount they spend to keep their homes. They do it to appear affluent, deceive the gullible ones, and push the foolish ones into deep thinking.

In my opinion 5k should give you a quality pot of soup that will last more than a week. You can't possibly eat from the soup everyday... for sure.

Take what I cook for instance instance:

A derica of Egusi (4 milk cups) = ₦1300
Ugu= ₦200/300
Palm Oil= ₦400/500
Stock Fish= ₦500
Panla Fish= ₦500/1000
Beef= ₦2000/3000
Crayfish= ₦300/500
Locust Beans = ₦100/200
Peppers (with optional tomatoes) = ₦500-800
Onions = ₦200

Everything here is less than 6k, and you can spend less or more depending on your taste. Some of the things I listed are even excessive, you surely won't use all that pepper pepper 🌶️

Then you can make eba, semo, buy fufu or whatever.

Don't let netizens pressurize you

2 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by iInjureHerYansh: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
gentposh:

So If I tell you to give her 50k for pot of soup now will you?
I bet not.
Tell your friend to run his home according to what he can afford.

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Taeewo(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
If you are a salary earner ,just drop 50k cash or below in wardrobe make she dey always take money there whenever she want to cook...You will now determine the days or weeks it will take her to finish the money...

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by VIKTO83(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
This will depend on which tribe he is.
Hausa?
Igbo?
Yoruba?
Akwa ibom?
Etc
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by christoranky(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Make sure you stock enough food stuff at home.... Then give her 8k for pot soup.

1 Like

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Dancebreaker: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
gentposh:

OP, nor come vex us for this place o. Some people never see indomie chop, una dey mention pot of soup. shocked shocked

Dude on a serious note, types of soup and pot size differ. Only the Mrs can answer that question na.

3 Likes

Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Segzy19: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
Your name na denko for real...
Where in my comment did I mention ipob?
Mr denko grin grin grin grin

denko:
So everybody speaking against bad policy of government is Ipob abi
Re: As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup by Jewessgratitud3: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
They haff kukuma finish d guy on dis forum and i'm enjoying d bashing cos d guy go resembo pesin wey go dey use mathematics on top pot of soup both cookin and consumption. grin

😂 😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp / Give Us Our Real Babies, Mothers Tell Enugu Govt (photo) / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.