Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? (1457 Views)

"The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" / Igbo Presidency: Okorocha 'Stands The Best Chance' - Governor Says / Rigging No Longer Possible In Nigeria – INEC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Reflect7: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2023
I am starting to doubt that an Igbo can be elected president of Nigeria in the next 20 years at least.

I mean, these guys have virtually turned outcasts of the country with the way they constantly abuse and attack Nigeria and Nigerians online and in world social media sites visited by people from all over the world.

I just don’t see how they get back from this in the next 20 years, to the point Nigerians would troop out in their millions to vote for one of them.

It’s pretty sad.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by fayomim: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
e go reach everyone las las

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by iammo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
cool

All this can change with proper mindset reorientation

I personally would vote for Charles Soludo or Dave Umahi if paired with Zulum

That would be NorthEast SouthEast

Understanding democracy is critical for SouthEast, and IPOB must be done away with

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Iagos: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
I'm not Igbo, but don't underestimate them. Definitely they're going to get it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by ecolime(m): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
iammo:
cool

I personally would vote for Charles Soludo or Dave Umahi if paired with Zulum

I will vote Soludo or Umahi anyday, anytime.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by iammo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
Iagos:

Definitely isn't a term in Nigerian Politics especially not Ibos that haven't produced a President in 60 years

Learn to use words like "God's willing" "by Gods grace"

And not

Definitely going to get it

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
Very possible
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Reflect7: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Iagos:

I don’t see how.

The thing is you have to first accept that you are fallible, and capable of making mistakes, then restructure the way you do things, to achieve better outcomes.

But if you believe you are perfect and infallible, as they do (being collective narcissists), you will never make that mental transitioning to a more civilised, tolerant approach to politics.

It will be more of the same. Those who don’t support their candidate next time around will be met by abuse and insults, pissing off everyone in the country, and they will lose again, and claim the election was rigged.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by iammo(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
ecolime:

I will vote Soludo or Umahi anyway, anytime.

Nobody has beef with Ibos... Just Obidient movement (ENDSARS+ IPOB) and Peter Obi ( under achieving Anambra State Governor)

Even Kingsley Moghalu would have been my preference but he has no executive experience for me to make critical assessment

14 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
It's very possible
Obi destroyed that chance with his greed and deceit by cutting the bond he formed with Atiku
That's why I laugh at any easterner who supports obi because if you are knowledgeable about Nigeria politics you'll know Obi destroyed that chance and as it is now, it's till further notice.

5 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by jumper524(m): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
Thing is, your behind in politics.
Obi and Kwankwaso stepping down for each other is a big decision no one was willing to compromise on.
But then again, after the election, the Obidients majority igbos hurled insults at kwankwasiyas for doing same thing obi did but the kwankwasiyas didn't reciprocate the insult.
In the future, the kwankwasiyas can go to the south and be welcomed but that can't be said bout the Obidient in the north.
Unlike before where there was room for negotiation, that door is closed.
Sad thing any igbo man eyeing presidency in Nigeria needs to work twice as hard.
People would rather give it to SS igbo than SE igbo if it becomes the only option.

11 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by RockHard: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
The truth is bitter but it needs to be heard. Igbos don't have the temperament to govern a large, complex and diverse country like Nigeria. The way they're going about and handling Obi's loss demonstrates clearly that an Igbo presidency would likely end in chaos and at worst a civil war (like it happened during Ironsi's short stint as head of state).

They just simply lack the emotional and political intelligence to be saddled with such weighty responsibility. I doubt a more embittered and toxic set of people exists anywhere. Personally, I'll rather Nigeria breaks up than live under an Igbo presidency. Make everybody go their separate ways abeg. Their level of toxicity is too damn much.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by AllenSpencer: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2023
Only when Arsenal FC wins the UEFA Champions League, and that’s close to impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by ElSudani: 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
It is possible but has to be through bridge building, concensus and completely devoid of the Nzogbu Nzogbu, my way or the highway mentality of the Obidients.

5 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
RockHard:
The truth is bitter but it needs to be heard. Igbos don't have the temperament to govern a large, complex and diverse country like Nigeria. The way they're going about and handling Obi's loss demonstrates clearly that an Igbo presidency would likely end in chaos and at worst a civil war (like it happened during Ironsi's short stint as head of state).

They just simply lack the emotional and political intelligence to be saddled with such weighty responsibility. I doubt a more embittered and toxic set of people exists anywhere. Personally, I'll rather Nigeria breaks up than live under an Igbo presidency. Make everybody go their separate ways abeg. Their level of toxicity is too damn much.

It is more of Peter Obi and the Obidients matter.
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Highlife217: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
You have to scheme and plot to keep an Igbo man down you pathetic bastards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by ideynl1: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
An average Agbado muncher. You’re concerned about when Igbos will be president of Nigeria, but you’re not concerned about when Nigeria will become better, economic power, and with less criminal and corrupt leaders ruining the country deepest part of shithole

To you, any demon can become a president but not an Igbo man.

Regardless the Igbos will continue to extract the little benefit they can in any part of the country. If Una like make Una sink the country with corrupt leaders, Igbos will continue to thrive.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
What was the benefit of Jonathan presidency to Bayelsa? They are still living in abject poverty.

We should rather focus on competencies over ethnicities and also learn to hold our state governors accountable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emergingnation(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
Keeping waiting for your imaginery Igbo presidency till enternity grin. The actualisation of sovereign state of Biafra remain the only hope for Ndigbo...

THE ACTUALISATION OF SOVEREIGN STATE OF BIAFRA IS A TASKS THAT MUST BE ACCOMPLISH !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sure ofcourse very possible 💯

I see Dave Umahi leading on this.

Others are Charles Soludo and Hope Ozodinma

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:
I am starting to doubt that an Igbo can be elected president of Nigeria in the next 20 years at least.

I mean, these guys have virtually turned outcasts of the country with the way they constantly abuse and attack Nigeria and Nigerians online and in world social media sites visited by people from all over the world.

I just don’t see how they get back from this in the next 20 years, to the point Nigerians would troop out in their millions to vote for one of them.

It’s pretty sad.

This us an example of how bad Nigeria us. That people are not asking if they will ever get a hoid President, they are more interested in which ethnic group produces the President.

Is their any special gift that falls from the heavens for the ethnic group that produces the President? Those that have produced the President, are they enjoying life any better than those who have produced President?

The Igbo man is business minded, he does not depend on government or President to survive, he will still expand his economic base wether he produces the President or not

Nigeria is world poverty capital, 8th most insecure country on earth, and someones problem is if Igbos will ever produce the President? grin grin grin

Too many jokers on Nairaland

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emergingnation(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Biodun556:
Very possible
who even care about the presidency of this irredeemable shithole, have it forever for all we care.. Ndigbo will rule themselves for ever when imminent Biafra actualisation take place... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by gammarays(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:

It’s pretty sad.
We prefer to be outcasts in a failed entity than be servants or slaves

At least outcasts make decisions for themselves while slaves will continue to suffer.

Since Tinubu was sworn in, everyone is feeling the heat but it's lesser in the south east. We're still in the Genesis so worry about how to survive instead of worrying about Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Ladyclara002(f): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
Political landscapes can change, and diversity in leadership is important. It's essential to keep discussing this possibility and working towards a more inclusive Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by WesternPanzer: 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
Our only last hope is that the zionists pull us out of Nigeria hopefully. grin grin

Nigeria is gone forever.
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by RockHard: 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2023
oyatz:

It is more of Peter Obi and the Obidients matter.

Nah, I don't believe so. Shebi Atiku that came second is also feeling aggrieved and in court, but you don't see Northerners personalize/tribalize his loss to the toxic heights that the Igbos have taken this Obi loss.

Peter Obi's presidential ambition was an Igbo-centered/centric project that they tried to package and project as a pan-Nigerian one. Unfortunately for them, the majority of Nigerians didn't fall for it. Many well-meaning ones that did prior to the elections have come to see it for the fraud that it truly was.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Omoboricash(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:

It’s pretty sad.
How do u expect south west they called fulani slaves to cast vote for an ibo man or Hausa/Fulani man they are calling cow and throw away baby.
They are on the long journey. They have sow seed of discord among the ethnic group in Nigeria. They shall reap it at appropriate time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2023
RockHard:

Nah, I don't believe so. Shebi Atiku that came second is also feeling aggrieved and in court, but you don't see Northerners personalize/tribalize his loss to the toxic heights that the Igbos have taken this Obi loss.

Peter Obi's presidential ambition was an Igbo-centered/centric project that they tried to package and project as a pan-Nigerian one. Unfortunately for them, the majority of Nigerians didn't fall for it. Many well-meaning ones that did prior to the elections have come to see it for the fraud that it truly was.
So you don't see northerners abusing igbos on Twitter, you don't see what happened in Lagos... You don't see when igbos are called 4th class citizens? Lmaooo... But yes igbos are the bad people

The truth is you all know your problem with igbos... But them never born yout papa well for you to talk the main truth... You no fit you know u can't ever you can only think it in your mind that's all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by DMerciful(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
You guys are adult but with the minds of children. You know how children fight for a particular can of coke when all the cans have same quantity of liquid inside.

There's nothing like Yoruba, Hausa-Fulani or Igbo presidency because when a Yoruba man is president, the average Yoruba man does not get anything special ahead of others

A political office holder favors his friends and family. Do you know that Wike's nephews who are Igbo people will benefit a thousand times more from Tinubu government than you who might be Yoruba?
Reflect7:

It’s pretty sad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Sharpsharp00123: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
ecolime:

I will vote Soludo or Umahi anyway, anytime.
I will vote any Igbo man once the headless mobs don’t follow him

Many don’t have issues with obi but his headless mobs who suddenly turned him to an angel n started seeing others as evil

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Sharpsharp00123: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:

I don’t see how.

The thing is you have to first accept that you are fallible, and capable of making mistakes, then restructure the way you do things, to achieve better outcomes.

But if you believe you are perfect and infallible, as they do (being collective narcissists), you will never make that mental transitioning to a more civilised, tolerant approach to politics.

It will be more of the same. Those who don’t support their candidate next time around will be met by abuse and insults, pissing off everyone in the country, and they will lose again, and claim the election was rigged.
if igbos still have d mindset that they are better than others then they still have a long way to go

Once u pride yourself above your peers they will ignore u in d flow of things, that’s exactly what’s happening to igbos

3 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by anungangampu: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
Obi cameout without no structure and won even Abuja and Lagos.
Some of you are dimwits.
Igbo began being active in election after 60yrs and some of you are already crying in just their first try.

This Nigerian election made me understand why south west keep finding anyway to undermine other southerners since the war.

A huge part of Christian North and other part of the South stands gidigba with igbos and I never knew this till this year and that's what I want to see with Peter Obi ambition.

Its matter of time before you go back to your
Akintola and Awolowo war .

Even without government might., A whole tribe was crying of take over and some of you aren't ashamed.

A whole tribe that castigated againt their own because they look well kept like the igbos you want igbos to envy.

Igbos can never crown anyone and worship them as they belive God made each person king in his own domain, if that is hard for some of you to understand that such a people will find it hard to find a rallying head and at some level it makes everyone focus on their huzzle.

2028 is coming and I would love to hear that "Ronu" sound again as your trophy since 1960 usually ends in having more political holders and poverty capital of the South.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pursuing Your Quest For Power Militantly Again May Lead To Civil War - Omokri / Congratulations To Yahaya Bello, The White Lion / Labour Party Chairman Julius Abure Declare Support For Peter Obi 2027 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.