Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? (1480 Views)

"The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" / Igbo Presidency: Okorocha 'Stands The Best Chance' - Governor Says / Rigging No Longer Possible In Nigeria – INEC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Sharpsharp00123: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
RockHard:
The truth is bitter but it needs to be heard. Igbos don't have the temperament to govern a large, complex and diverse country like Nigeria. The way they're going about and handling Obi's loss demonstrates clearly that an Igbo presidency would likely end in chaos and at worst a civil war (like it happened during Ironsi's short stint as head of state).

They just simply lack the emotional and political intelligence to be saddled with such weighty responsibility. I doubt a more embittered and toxic set of people exists anywhere. Personally, I'll rather Nigeria breaks up than live under an Igbo presidency. Make everybody go their separate ways abeg. Their level of toxicity is too damn much.
they can not operate in a democratic setting, they are autocratic

Check out d way ojukwu, nnamdi kanu n simon ekpa behaves

Everyone must do d same thing

3 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Sharpsharp00123: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
Emergingnation:
Keeping waiting for your imaginery Igbo presidency till enternity grin. The actualisation of sovereign state of Biafra remain the only hope for Ndigbo...

THE ACTUALISATION OF SOVEREIGN STATE OF BIAFRA IS A TASKS THAT MUST BE ACCOMPLISH !
now that peter obi don lose u don go back to this account abi?

2 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by mdimefields: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
What most Igbos like me really crave for, is complete restructure, with entire Igboland returned back to the way it was mapped by the Brits. Another angle, an additional states for the Igbo groups in South South to join the South East. I will support anyone that can do this, even if it is another Yoruba occupying Aso Rock.
This translates to the yearning of ndi Igbo, which is good governance. Who becomes the president is immaterial if he or she can deliver.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Sharpsharp00123: 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2023
mdimefields:
What most Igbos like me really crave for, is complete restructure, with entire Igboland returned back to the way it was mapped by the Brits. Another angle, an additional states for the Igbo groups in South South to join the South East. I will support anyone that can do this, even if it is another Yoruba occupying Aso Rock.
This translates to the yearning of ndi Igbo, which is good governance. Who becomes the president is immaterial if he or she can deliver.
who moved Nigeria from regionalism to federalism?

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emergingnation(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
now that peter obi don lose u don go back to this account abi?
Lol! Check my previous post, I was at the fore front opposing Peter obi's presidential ambition of this irredeemable shithole on this site grin...

I never for one support his ambitions, cos Igbo has no place in this shithole..
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emma513: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
iammo:
cool

All this can change with proper mindset reorientation

I personally would vote for Charles Soludo or Dave Umahi if paired with Zulum

That would be NorthEast SouthEast

Understanding democracy is critical for SouthEast, and IPOB must be done away with

when the time reach the will automatically became ipob, never rule nigeria, una dey play, everyone will be alright last last
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emma513: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
ecolime:

I will vote Soludo or Umahi anyway, anytime.
they will become ipob, by that time, dey play cool
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by aswani(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:
I am starting to doubt that an Igbo can be elected president of Nigeria in the next 20 years at least.

I mean, these guys have virtually turned outcasts of the country with the way they constantly abuse and attack Nigeria and Nigerians online and in world social media sites visited by people from all over the world.

I just don’t see how they get back from this in the next 20 years, to the point Nigerians would troop out in their millions to vote for one of them.

It’s pretty sad.

I am hopeful that it can happen.

However I believe that candidate will effectively have to disown his or her tribes-people because once Obidients jump on your bandwagon, you are toast.

Obasanjo became President twice despite being disliked by Yorùbá's so this kind of thing happening to an Ibo man or woman is not beyond the realms of possibilities.

Once more, I am hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emma513: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2023
ElSudani:
It is possible but has to be through bridge building, concensus and completely devoid of the Nzogbu Nzogbu, my way or the highway mentality of the Obidients.
which type of bridge are you talking about, second naija bridge or another one 🙄
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emma513: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
pineed:
Sure ofcourse very possible 💯

I see Dave Umahi leading on this.

Others are Charles Soludo and Hope Ozodinma
shut up the are ipob s😁
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emma513: 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
I will vote any Igbo man once the headless mobs don’t follow him

Many don’t have issues with obi but his headless mobs who suddenly turned him to an angel n started seeing others as evil
shut up, tinubu is an angel and obi is evil 😊
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Emma513: 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

yet they are autocratic, yet not allowed them to go. Are not a fool

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
There are over 200 tribes in Nigeria. Why must it be igbo, yoruba or fulani

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Herbiodun09: 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:
I am starting to doubt that an Igbo can be elected president of Nigeria in the next 20 years at least.

I mean, these guys have virtually turned outcasts of the country with the way they constantly abuse and attack Nigeria and Nigerians online and in world social media sites visited by people from all over the world.

I just don’t see how they get back from this in the next 20 years, to the point Nigerians would troop out in their millions to vote for one of them.

It’s pretty sad.

I will never vote an igbo man. Never
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by MrAgbako: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
Igbo presidency is possible but not with obi. Perhaps with soludo or other notable ibo man that knows how to build bridges.

Igbo man cannot be president with the current nzogbu nzogbu politics Igbos are currently playing.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Basic123: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:

It’s pretty sad.
Honestly.
What pain me most is that they will sound on those international forum as if they are representing all Nigerians.mocking your country because you hate the president. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Reflect7: 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
oyatz:

It is more of Peter Obi and the Obidients matter.

I disagree. This started long before Obi. I am on YouTube a lot, and 9.5 times out of 10, wherever you see a person rubbishing Nigeria, it’s an Igbo person.

I just don’t see them leading Nigeria anytime soon. Even if one of them somehow manages to win an election, the powers behind the throne will stop it somehow, because they will not trust them to lead the country and not destroy it.

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Reflect7: 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

Igbos are culturally lost because they have turned narcissistic as a group.

Pre colonial Igboland was highly democratic in nature, and multiplicity of opinion on any subject was the very culture of the place.

Have we not all read Achebe?

Today it’s the complete opposite. They’ve totally lost their minds to the point that some wretch sits in a bedroom In Finland and orders the entire Igbo people to sit at home and not leave their houses, failing which they could be killed.

Igbos who disagree with IPOB dare not raise their voices out of fear they could be killed.

Igboland is a severely dysfunctional, anti-democratic society today, and it was exposed with the manner of their support for Obi. If they can’t sort that out, they will not smell Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Reflect7: 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
Basic123:

Honestly.
What pain me most is that they will sound on those international forum as if they are representing all Nigerians.mocking your country because you hate the president. Rubbish

They are a disgrace. Traitors. Other Nigerians see all those abusive posts Igbos make against Nigeria and just think “I’m never voting for these traitors who hate our country.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by RushManni: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:

It’s pretty sad.

The biggest delusion is when you think "Nigerians" are with you on your Igbo hatred.

It's only you and maybe your region. Stop making it look like it's the whole Nigeria vs Igbo. It's only you cos of your way of reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Reflect7: 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
gammarays:

We prefer to be outcasts in a failed entity than be servants or slaves

At least outcasts make decisions for themselves while slaves will continue to suffer.

Since Tinubu was sworn in, everyone is feeling the heat but it's lesser in the south east. We're still in the Genesis so worry about how to survive instead of worrying about Igbos

If Nigeria is a failed entity, why did 11 million Igbos flee Igboland to reside in northern Nigeria?

Why did 10 million Igbos flee Igboland to reside in southwest Nigeria?

You’re clearly dependent on Nigeria for your survival.

You are like nymphomaniac prostitutes going around claiming to be virgins.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Benwallt(m): 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
IconicR:
It's very possible
Obi destroyed that chance with his greed and deceit by cutting the bond he formed with Atiku
That's why I laugh at any easterner who supports obi because if you are knowledgeable about Nigeria politics you'll know Obi destroyed that chance and as it is now, it's till further notice.

Honestly, had Obi did his homework properly and stick with Atiku. They would have changed the political landscape of this nation. As in, southwest would have been the greatest loser as the southeast would have been emboldened to aspire and win the presidency after Atiku. It would have been a disaster for the southwest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
Benwallt:

Honestly, had Obi did his homework properly and stick with Atiku. They would have changed the political landscape of this nation. As in, southwest would have been the greatest loser as the southeast would have been emboldened to aspire and win the presidency after Atiku. It would have been a disaster for the southwest.
Exactly, this was the message Soludo was trying to pass and it's the truth

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Benwallt(m): 9:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
IconicR:
Exactly, this was the message Soludo was trying to pass and it's the truth

God is a wonderful God. It wouldn't have been funny. That combination would have sparked the death of APC as Atiku would harvest all the politicians of note back to PDP. Simply, power will be rotating between East and North. West especially would ended up as outcast. Miracle no dey taya Jesus.
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2023
Benwallt:

God is a wonderful God. It wouldn't have been funny. That combination would have sparked the death of APC as Atiku would harvest all the politicians of note back to PDP. Simply, power will be rotating between East and North. West especially would ended up as outcast. Miracle no dey taya Jesus.
😂
Asiwaju's case was that of God using your rivals to work in your favour
I'm surprised obi ND his supporters can be so clueless about Nigeria politics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Benwallt(m): 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2023
IconicR:
😂
Asiwaju's case was that of God using your rivals to work in your favour
I'm surprised obi ND his supporters can be so clueless about Nigeria politics

The kind of foolishness that residents in those ones will make you lie in your bed all day trying to find answer as to why they can be so irredeemably stupid
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by mdimefields: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
who moved Nigeria from regionalism to federalism?
Gowon did, with the creation of 12 states and absolute FG resource control. And if you want to accuse Ironsi of doing that, what stops your kinsmen that has been in power for more than five decades to rescind it>
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by Reflect7: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
RushManni:

The biggest delusion is when you think "Nigerians" are with you on your Igbo hatred.

It's only you and maybe your region. Stop making it look like it's the whole Nigeria vs Igbo. It's only you cos of your way of reasoning

Oh sure.

I'm the only Nigerian who hates being called a ''zoo animal from a failed country''.

The other 220 million Nigerians just LOVE being called that.

Olodo.

Make una dey there dey fck up.

Brainless people.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by RushManni: 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:

Oh sure.

I'm the only Nigerian who hates being called a ''zoo animal from a failed country''.

The other 220 million Nigerians just LOVE being called that.

Olodo.

Make una dey there dey fck up.

Brainless people.

You can now see that you're the fool ...... And an an1mal in the zoo. Don't rope other Nigerians in this your disgraceful being for animals know themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by RushManni: 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
@reflect7 what a shame you have as a country. Take a look at your judiciary. In events of destructive actions of proponents of country, agrieved citizens talk against it and some times display their disdain by using harsh words. You, how many times have you spoken out against how the country is being run, but you're after it being referred to as zoo.

Foool

I even do not expect much from you cos it's high time people decided that really you guys can't change and deal on with you in that coin instead of possing good ideas to you thinking you have sense to buy it.

But no. Cos you guys ain't making a mistake in the right sense of the word but being very destructive and dumb.

Since 1960 you guys have been after Igbo this Igbo that. I think it's high time to match you and your kinds with same energy.

So how far ? You'll keep on failing and failing and failing. And,

Nature will give you the most painful experience in life for supporting evil.

This approach of being soft on you guys hoping you'll agree on reasonable approach fails and keeps failing - what you guys need is matching same energy.

Anuofia

1 Like

Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by OAFMods: 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
Yes maybe in 8082

Reflect7:

It’s pretty sad.
Re: Is An Igbo Presidency Still Possible In Nigeria? by gammarays(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2023
Reflect7:

If Nigeria is a failed entity, why did 11 million Igbos flee Igboland to reside in northern Nigeria?

Why did 10 million Igbos flee Igboland to reside in southwest Nigeria?

You’re clearly dependent on Nigeria for your survival.

You are like nymphomaniac prostitutes going around claiming to be virgins.

Mugu people migrated to do business in those places. They live in homes they rented or bought and built. They probably bought your ancestral lands too.
What about the Yorubas, Northerners and others living in the East.
So people who travelled abroad fled?
🙄🙄

If you're talking about people who fled, talk about those staying in IDP camp not Igbos living better lives.

I know you're an Agbado miscreant no need stressing myself since you don't know the difference between migration and fleeing 👉

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Punch News Suspected A Fowl Play And Removed A News / Appeal Court Sacks Kogi Governor / Turai Coup D'etat: How Turai Yar’adua Seized Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.