Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? (4721 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Drone Crashes Into Spewing Volcano In Iceland (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by lastkingsman: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
I saw this on Twitter

You can Study Abroad for FREE!!😁
There are so many Universities with no Tuition.
You can check out these 4 Universities in ICELAND with no Tuition fees.
❌ No Tuition
❌ No IELTS
❌No Blocked Account

✔️University of Iceland.
✔️ Hola University.
✔️ Agricultural University.
✔️Technical College in Reykjavik University.

Their GDP per Capita is $USD 73,998.14.

What's the challenge with Iceland as Japa destination?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nigerians no really experimentation like that. Even places like Germany only became popular when the UK cancelled post study work visa back in 2011. Before then, it was seen as madness to move to such a place.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by MrSinister(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
I might be tempted to move there grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by hahn(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Nigerians no really experimentation like that. Even places like Germany only became popular when the UK cancelled post study work visa back in 2011. Before then, it was seen as madness to move to such a place.

Nigerians prefer to follow trends. Someone needs to go there and verify that they don't eat humans there first

😁

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
hahn:

Nigerians prefer to follow trends. Someone needs to go there and verify that they don't eat humans there first

😁

Gbam. No one wants to be a guinea pig.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by timmy229(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
Who knows more about Iceland

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by lastkingsman: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
MrSinister:
I might be tempted to move there grin

Abeg enter, give us first hand feedback na grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by lastkingsman: 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The exchange rate spike in 2015 by Buhari made Germany a popular destination. The total amount my friend spent relocating early 2015 was 1.8m block account + flight 160k. Everything no reach 2.3m self.

Even exchange rate "burst", people started eyeing Germany grin as everything became double double

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by MrSinister(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
lastkingsman:

Lol grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
lastkingsman:

The exchange rate spike in 2015 by Buhari made Germany a popular destination. The total amount my friend spent relocating early 2015 was 1.8m block account + flight 160k. Everything no reach 2.3m self.

Even exchange rate "burst", people started eyeing Germany grin as everything became double double

Now the same Germany don hard. If you dey category b, it will take almost 18 months to get a visa appointment.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by OkanlawonB(m): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Germany has been a popular migration destination for Nigerians since the early 1990s. The German Language classes of Goethe Instiute on VI were always fully booked. The main motivation of the attendants of this language courses including myself was the opportunity to study tuition free in Germany or Austria.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Maxxim: 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
who go sponsor mk i go experience and give you first hand feedback cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Sweetvie: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
lastkingsman:

grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by ednut1(m): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2023
Population is 375k . How many Nigerians do you think they will accept a year

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by sageb: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
lastkingsman:
I saw this on Twitter

Their GDP per Capita is $USD 73,998.14.

What's the challenge with Iceland as Japa destination?

Quite revealing

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by 1Sharon(f): 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Please let them not go and ruin that place. Iceland is like a dream world. Top holiday destination.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Houseofglam7(f): 2:09am On Sep 08, 2023
They think it’s covered in ice
🤷🏽‍♀️

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by lastkingsman: 4:55am On Sep 08, 2023
1Sharon:
Please let them not go and ruin that place. Iceland is like a dream world. Top holiday destination.

Kwakwakwa grin

E no dey hard my people grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by DyingFetus: 8:28am On Sep 08, 2023
The natives are not friendly to blacks

They fit roast your meat as barbecue

TF

I rather go Afghanistan than Iceland

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by MrBroke(m): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2023
Too many Greenland cultist grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Pious101: 9:16am On Sep 08, 2023
I think we should make our individual findings
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Pious101: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2023
DyingFetus:
The natives are not friendly to blacks

They fit roast your meat as barbecue

TF

I rather go Afghanistan than Iceland
are u being serious?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by CandidAdmin(m): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2023
Racism
Food for thought - Most nairalanders are racist
My siggy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Natbrowny: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2023
Once naija stormed that place.
All doze tinz u listed will be automatically activated.

Economy go wake up. So they r gonna need people's money
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by BlackAdam65: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2023
black people cannot fair very well in such a cold environment

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Daniel058(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
Iceland? Nope not for me. Usually very cold grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by 1Sharon(f): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
Houseofglam7:
They think it’s covered in ice
🤷🏽‍♀️

It is !!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
A hotdog and soda at a cheap cafe in Reykjavic four years ago cost me over $13. Iceland is very expensive, even compared to the US and Europe. Also consider the language barriers and other things.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Airlord2030: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
low population
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Migrating To Iceland? by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
A hotdog and soda at a cheap cafe in Reykjavic four years ago cost me over $13. Iceland is very expensive, even compared to the US and Europe. Also consider the language barriers and other things.
Okay... chill

*muttering*

Uh... $13 x 925 = #12,025!

For hotdog and mineral! shocked

Na wa o undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!! Lagos To Abuja Night Bus / Dubai Imposes Visit Visa Curbs On Six Countries / Help!! How Do I Get To Gombe State From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.