Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa (27538 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
this is in response to this post that made front page today: https://www.nairaland.com/7834477/japa-fever-among-nigerian-youths

story 1:
i had an uncle who always complained about his job.
he worked in an oil company.
he told me to pursue my dreams (i used to be a music producer in the university) and how life is not all about making money
he complained he didn't have time for his family and how we wishes he could spend time with his children
he complained about how he's underpaid compared to expatriates
he complained so much, we (the family) actually had pity on him
long story short, we had an insider in the company (from our church) who told us,
my uncle was the person blocking my elder brother from getting a job in same company
he (the insider) was shocked we were related to him (my uncle)
he called our uncle in my fathers presence, who told him: do you want that small boy to overtake me in the family
my uncle didn't know the phone was on speaker!!!
this was 2008.

its easy for a beautiful girl with so many rich suitors to tell her 'not so fine' friends with only one suitor life is not about marriage
its easy for a rich person to tell a broke person life is not about money
its easy for someone in canada/US/europe to tell you in Nigeria the grass isn't greener abroad

someone who doesn't buy fuel for gen,
someone who doesn't sleep with multiple lecturers for marks in the university
someone who isn't slapped, abused and insulted in the hospital (like it happens in teaching hospitals in Nigeria)
SHOULD NOT TELL NIGERIANS ANYTHING ABOUT RELOCATING ABROAD

304 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
STORY 2
my neighbors son was robbed last month, august 2023,
he was fortunate to reach out to me, and others, and we were able to inform the police to go to his estate
this was around 1am

the police went to the estate,
arrested everybody in the estate,
in the middle of the night
accused the tenants of having an insider amongst there midst
threatened to shoot them all if they don't confess
beat them all mercilessly

we bailed him that night for 150k.
we bailed the person that called the police for help, for 150k
the others who couldn't pay slept in station for days

STORY 3
in 2019, i was robbed in my house,
my phone was stolen
i hid my drone and other valuables
the phone was worth about 60k
i went to the police station (kala police station, ikwerre road)
the police asked me for 100k to 'start investigations'
i was perplexed, and queried the reason behind this
the police threatened to 'deal with me' and arrest me for making 'false report'
a state commissioner came into the police station with some people he had arrested with his personal police security
all the police men left me to hail him, he dropped some money for them as well as the people he arrested
i ran out of the police station

STORY 4
the former governor of bayelsa state. alameseigha, a multi billionaire died in UPTH
because they had to drive him a very long distance to the hospital, if i remeber correctly, from bayelsa to rivers state
a billionaire!
for something that in 'the abroad', an ambulance would have been ready in minutes,
he drove for hours

STORY 5
when we had my 2nd child, she fell ill at 4days and we rushed her to UPTH Uniport
we stayed there for about 2 weeks at SCBU
i saw a man and his wife lose one of their twins, and a cleaner, not a doctor, not a nurse, a cleaner
came out and met the man with a list of things to buy fro the pharmacy and said
oga one pikin don die, go buy these things before the 2nd pikin die
i knelt down at the car park that night and cried to God that nothing should ever take me to any teaching hospital in Nigera

i saw mothers abused, cursed by doctors and nurses
these same doctors will travel abroad and behave completely differently

256 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2023

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
if you are abroad
do your scholarship
pursue your PR
do what took you there
and STOP advising people about anything. just keep shut.

the hundreds of thousands of people crossing the sahara, crossing the seas, illegally (because they dont know any better) aren't stupid!

you are African in Europe/Americas, it means you relocated or someone in your lineage left Africa. SOMEONE LEFT!!!

279 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
opicgif:
@lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fahvvy: 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
I thought I was the only one put off by that thread undecided...

If obodo oyibo was as bad as they painted it, why haven't they returned back to their country? undecided...

Fact is, every country out there has its downs, however, the downs of some countries can rival the ups of other countries undecided...

Look at your nation for instance...
Some military men have now become instruments of bullies for "big men" undecided...

Some police officers now require that you wet their palm heavily, before they can do the jobs that they've already been paid for undecided...

Being "bad" is hailed as smart and being "good" is frowned upon and seen as f.oolish undecided...

Having light for 3 hours per day in some areas is seen as something worth celebrating undecided...

There's almost no difference between some security personnel's and thugs on the streets, cause you could be shot for exercising your right undecided...

So it's seems insensitive to me that someone who doesn't have to go through all these would give such advice seeing that the circumstance of that country is no difference from that of the zoo undecided...

My advice to anyone reading this is simple...
If you have what it takes to leave this country and you want to do so, PLEASE LEAVE ASAP!

But do your research well before leaving...

163 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SmartPolician: 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
This country is sooo fvcked up and there's no hope of fixing it anytime soon.

If you want to advise us not to leave Nigeria, make sure you are in Nigeria while dishing out those pieces of useless advice.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by HYDEEE: 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
It is not suprising we Nigerians dislike our fellow countrymen, they take everything as competiton. In their mind they think if they discourage others from coming over they will experience less competition.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by HYDEEE: 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
Everytime we read the same stupid complaint/excuse:
It is too cold waaaaa, it is too lonely waaaaa, it is too this, they are too that, i know a person that did this, i was experiencing that. WTF.
As if we that are planning to go there do not already know that. We are bush people with no access to information.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by 1Sharon(f): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
Fahvvy:
I thought I was the only one put off by that thread undecided...

If obodo oyibo was as bad as they painted it, why haven't they returned back to their country? undecided...

Fact is, every country out there has its downs, however, the downs of some countries can rival the ups of other countries undecided...

Look at your nation for instance...
Some military men have now become instruments of bullies for "big men" undecided...

Some police officers now require that you wet their palm heavily, before they can do the jobs that they've already been paid for undecided...

Being "bad" is hailed as smart and being "good" is frowned upon and seen as f.oolish undecided...

Having light for 3 hours per day in some areas is seen as something worth celebrating undecided...

There's almost no difference between some security personnel's and thugs on the streets, cause you could be shot for exercising your right undecided...

So it's seems insensitive to me that someone who doesn't have to go through all these would give such advice seeing that the circumstance of that country is no difference from that of the zoo undecided...

My advice to anyone reading this is simple...
If you have what it takes to leave this country and you want to do so, PLEASE LEAVE ASAP!

But do your research well before leaving...

The same reason why Nigerians In big cities aren't relocating to their villages when they face hardships.

The people that truly need to japa are not the ones that are japaing.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by MMempire(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
Team japa!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Galaxyss(m): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
Honestly I appreciate your effort to put this out. I read that thread and was really angry, i couldn't comment.

Someone even asked the author where she was posting from, she was like "You don't need to experience a bone fracture to know what it feels like".

Walai those set of people would just visit Nigeria for few week and run back complaining of different things about 9ja, but would write epistle on why the grass is not green on the other side.

Bunch of hypocrites!!!

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Kurtis02(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
angry

Op naso dem dey talk, if raba gum u abegeth comot for this shit hole.

Yen yen yen.
dem wea jaapa no gree come back, u dey here dey talk jargons. if you check now dis people dey bring their families come obodo on a steady. if them born you for obodo na one of ur lineage follow jaapa. no dey talk trash for here.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Hamachi(f): 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
If you have a good paying salary, wife and kids, don't leave all that only to travel to start afresh again. It will take you average 15-20yrs to get the level you are right now. You can go for holiday in any of those countries to see things for yourself.

If you were younger with no wife or job i will encourage you to go but you are settled already.

Truth is Nigeria is irredeemable. Forget what is portrayed by the media.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Hamachi(f): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
Galaxyss:
Honestly I appreciate your effort to put this out. I read that thread and was really angry, i couldn't comment.

Someone even asked the author where she was posting from, she was like "You don't need to experience a bone fracture to know what it feels like".

Walai those set of people would just visit Nigeria for few week and run back complaining of different things about 9ja, but would write epistle on why the grass is not green on the other side.

Bunch of hypocrites!!!

My Auntie was NEVER going to leave Nigeria for anything, she later left for Canada after small pressure. The dad died and she fainted 5 times during the father's burial as a result of stress and heat. Immediately the father was buried she didn't spend 72hrs in a Nigeria. All the property the dad left for her she told them to sell as she's not interested in coming back.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by doggedfighter(f): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2023
If only abroad people will just stay their abroad and leave us to decide what's good for us.

All these unsolicited advices make it look like Nigerians are living in a cave and don't know what's obtainable out there.

Stop advising us from abroad.

Enough !!

30 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by WeirdAlien: 10:54am On Sep 13, 2023
Of course
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by cyrusmillz: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2023
The sad truth is many Nigerians either deliberately or indeliberately choose to only see things from their own point of view. We've said it over and over again that people choose to relocate for several reasons and not just economic reasons. There's a recent thread on twitter that Fisayo Fosudo made asking people why they left the country . You'll read people's experience and weep.

There are people who have given up on he country (for the right reasons) , and there are still some of us who hope to be the change this country needs. The two category of people have valid reasons.

No where on earth is an Eldorado and most are usually prepared to pay the cost knowing what they left back home .

The most stupid thing about the young girl that posted yesterday was that she's lived almost all of her life outside Nigeria and She doesn't even know what living in Nigeria feels like .

I really liked when Ishilove asked her to come and live in Nigeria for a few years and then come back to her article .
She even made a silly statement that you don't need to have a broken bone to understand how it hurts...like wtf ?

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Lanretoye(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2023
And them no gree return,the fact is that the more Nigerians flow in the less the opportunity the see there.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
STORY 2
my neighbors son was robbed last month, august 2023,
he was fortunate to reach out to me, and others, and we were able to inform the police to go to his estate
this was around 1am

the police went to the estate,
arrested everybody in the estate,
in the middle of the night
accused the tenants of having an insider amongst there midst
threatened to shoot them all if they don't confess
beat them all mercilessly

we bailed him that night for 150k.
we bailed the person that called the police for help, for 150k
the others who couldn't pay slept in station for days

STORY 3
in 2019, i was robbed in my house,
my phone was stolen
i hid my drone and other valuables
the phone was worth about 60k
i went to the police station (kala police station, ikwerre road)
the police asked me for 100k to 'start investigations'
i was perplexed, and queried the reason behind this
the police threatened to 'deal with me' and arrest me for making 'false report'
a state commissioner came into the police station with some people he had arrested with his personal police security
all the police men left me to hail him, he dropped some money for them as well as the people he arrested
i ran out of the police station

STORY 4
the former governor of bayelsa state. alameseigha, a multi billionaire died in UPTH
because they had to drive him a very long distance to the hospital, if i remeber correctly, from bayelsa to rivers state
a billionaire!
for something that in 'the abroad', an ambulance would have been ready in minutes,
he drove for hours

STORY 5
when we had my 2nd child, she fell ill at 4days and we rushed her to UPTH Uniport
we stayed there for about 2 weeks at SCBU
i saw a man and his wife lose one of their twins, and a cleaner, not a doctor, not a nurse, a cleaner
came out and met the man with a list of things to buy fro the pharmacy and said
oga one pikin don die, go buy these things before the 2nd pikin die
i knelt down at the car park that night and cried to God that nothing should ever take me to any teaching hospital in Nigera

i saw mothers abused, cursed by doctors and nurses
these same doctors will travel abroad and behave completely differently

lolz
abeg na only me no fit COMPRIHEND wetin OP want ? story one to $ no get link or view of his THOUGHT?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by zoedew: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2023
So they can learn Japada firsthand!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Elvis2kay: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2023
shocked
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Hotfreezing: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2023
Let those who want to japa go.
Not everyone will make it in Nigeria, not everyone will make it abroad.

What I don't like is travelling out, failing woefully and constituting a nuisance abroad.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2023
Anybody can render whatever advices they so deem fit.
Decision is responsibility of individuals, base on each person's pursuits and personal conviction.

God Bless Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by wwwtortoise(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2023
Allow people do what they desire. No manual in this rat race.

Migration have been happening since time immemorial. In the Bible there came a time when Israelites had mass exodus from Israel to Egypt in search of greener pastures.

Nigerians are not even top list of most immigrants to Europe.

I left early this year and every morning I wake up over here, I give thanks to God for availing me this opportunity and experience.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by YellowbaMoslem: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2023
The only time i would take a Person preaching against japaa serious, is when he/she must have left that abroad and return to Nigeria.

If staying back in Nigeria is better like they always say, then why don't they come back?

For almost 10 months now, fear never gree me enter road say i dey travel interstate for inside this Nigeria.

Light i never see since 3 days, fuel still dey costly to run Generator and sustain my freezer.

Ordinary camry spider wey person dey drive, Police dey always wan harras me for nothing sake.

Is everything all about money making? How many years do we even have to spend in this life?

If you have not left abroad but stays there to discourage others, may God punish you.

You fear immigrants competition that's why you discourage others, tell yourself the truth.

But its not everybody that is coming there to become Dangote, they want a saner clime at high expense.. life is choice.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Djoel: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2023
As at today, Japa sure pass and people need the advise. There are only two simple reasons why it may not favor someone:

1. One doesn't have the necessary preparations to take advantage of opportunities abroad. Such as qualifications to get a job or skills to get a blue collar job (driving, carpentry, plumbing - people with these skills sometimes earn more than MBA holders). Money doesn't fall from trees in any country, anyone not prepared and targeting certain opportunities will surely meet surprise and regret.

2. One must have insight about where his destiny lies. God put a spirit in us to sense and know where the pasture is green for us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Promoter2: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2023
Please japa, that’s the best advise I can give. Find money and japa.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by inoki247: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2023
Lol Wu dey advice people not to Japa mak anybody wey wan Japa dey go na...

We all av different view and perspective to life everyone should know what's good for dem....

Abroad won't work for everyone same way Nigeria won't work for everyone....

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Terrible Motor Accident Around Tarzan Junction In Enugu (photos) / 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.