Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest (4281 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
I notice that there is no much info as regards to study in hungary.

If you are going to hungary this winter or spring.
Let meet here.
Let share our success story and help each other to progress.

Ask me anything about hungary.
I love the country and the city of Budapest. It surely a great place to study and stepping stone to enter Europe and schengen zone.

The liberty statue and Parliament building

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by shawante(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
Recruitmentedu:
I notice that there is no much info as regards to study in hungary.

If you are going to hungary this winter or spring.
Let meet here.
Let share our success story and help each other to progress.

Ask me anything about hungary.
I love the country and the city of Budapest. It surely a great place to study and stepping stone to enter Europe and schengen zone.
What and what does one need to get a study visa? The average total budget for relocation? Average cost of living there? Side hustles? Any other info you might deem needful.
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
Some of the universities are the one of the cheapest in europe. From 3000 euro per year with cheap accomodation.

Wekerle Business School
Kodolányi János University
Central European University
University of pecs
Debrecen University
https://www.elte.hu/en/
https://www.uni-corvinus.hu/?lang=en
https://www.metubudapest.hu/
https://www.andrassyuni.eu/en/

2 Likes

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2023
shawante:

What and what does one need to get a study visa? The average total budget for relocation? Average cost of living there? Side hustles? Any other info you might deem needful.
I think hungary and romania are the cheapest in Europe. I lived in both countries and I always recommend them
Depend on you. Average costs for a single person. 250 for rent and 250 for feeding. Depend on you. You can find jobs everywhere.. you will see fellow africans working in restaurants, call center and even IT and Multinational companies.

7 Likes

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
Anyone applied for student visa this year or spring next yr should also share their experiences
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Dikastan: 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
Recruitmentedu:

I think hungary and romania are the cheapest in Europe. I lived in both countries and I always recommend them
Depend on you. Average costs for a single person. 250 for rent and 250 for feeding. Depend on you. You can find jobs everywhere.. you will see fellow africans working in restaurants, call center and even IT and Multinational companies.
Can one get work visa for skilled or semi skilled worker there. Can someone who wants to hustle apply for Visa and how much can the person budget?
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dikastan:

Can one get work visa for skilled or semi skilled worker there. Can someone who wants to hustle apply for Visa and how much can the person budget?
Depend on what you mean by work visa. I once met a man on work permit. And he told me he apply for transfer from his job to budapest. I think he work in logistics or something.
The best way to enter now is student visa. During cover they give alot of people residency permit
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Caleycashh: 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2023
Are the universities taught in English?, and do they have an embassy in Abuja?
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Caleycashh: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Recruitmentedu:

Depend on what you mean by work visa. I once met a man on work permit. And he told me he apply for transfer from his job to budapest. I think he work in logistics or something.
The best way to enter now is student visa. During cover they give alot of people residency permit
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by AllLovingGod: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
How many years does it take to get their citizenship after studies? Is that even possible?
Recruitmentedu:

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2023
AllLovingGod:
How many years does it take to get their citizenship after studies? Is that even possible?
Am not sure about that but if married to an hungarian. It takes 3 years
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
Caleycashh:
Yes most of the courses are taught in english
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Caleycashh: 3:20am On Sep 09, 2023
Recruitmentedu:

Yes most of the courses are taught in english
Okay Thanks, how about there embassy
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2023
Caleycashh:
Okay Thanks, how about there embassy
It's in Abuja.
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 9:47am On Sep 09, 2023
Has any one applied for student visa at the embassy of Hungary in Abuja this year or will next year?
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2023
Student Visa from Nigeria to Hungary Description
International students who want to stay in
Hungary for more than 90 consecutive days and who are not EU citizens are required to apply for a long-term student visa to stay in the country.
Student visas requirements for Hungary vary, therefore it's important to inquire well in advance about the entry regulations which apply to your home country.

To receive a student visa for Hungary, you must first have an offer from a Hungarian university.

You can only apply for your student visa prior to your departure from the Hungarian Consulate or Embassy that has jurisdiction in your state or country of permanent residence.
Processing a visa usually takes around one month, but could be longer so make sure you apply as early as possible to avoid any unnecessary complications.

When the consulates requires an appointment, you may need to schedule it around 4 to 6 weeks in advance because appointment times are limited.

After the appointment, the visa processing time usually takes an additional 1 to 4 weeks.
You will need to apply for your residence permit within 15 days of arrival in Hungary.

This applies to both EU and non-EU citizens planning to stay in Hungary for longer than 90 days.

2 Likes

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
To legalize your docs, you have to take your education certificate to Fed. Ministry of Education for authentication then Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalization. It can be done within hours.

There embassy is at 61 Jose Marti Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja. Yes they issue student visa.

Issuance of visa takes 10 to 15 working days after visa application/interview.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
How To Apply For A Hungary Student Visa

Amongst many beautiful countries in central Europe, Hungary is one of the most exciting countries for international students. It is a good choice because of its amazingly low cost of living and affordable tuition fees that makes studying there less stressful.

If you are a person who loves to explore, Hungary is just the country for you because of its access to Europe’s most intriguing locations for lower costs. The best locations for studies in Hungary are Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged, Pecs, and Miskolc.

To apply for a Hungarian student visa in Nigeria, you must be a Nigerian or a non-Nigerian residing in Nigeria. If you want to study at an undergraduate level in Hungary, you must obtain your O-level certificate. It is also necessary to have financial resources or a sponsor to support your living expenses as well as the cost of studying in Hungary.

Hungary Student Visa Process
Nigerian international students will need to apply for a D-5 student visa which normally takes around a month to process, but it can take up to 60 days, so don’t wait until the last minute.

The Hungarian D-5 student visa is required for individuals who intend to study in a Hungarian institute, college, or university for a short period of 6 months.

If you have a university offer, you may apply for your visa up to six months before your trip, so don’t wait until the last minute.

If you desire to stay for more than 6 months, you will need to get a student residence permit alongside your student visa which is issued by the Regional Directorate of the Office for Immigration and Nationality in Hungary. The D-5 visa is a multiple-entry visa and normally takes up to 60 days to process.

Hungary Student Visa Application Processing
If you are from Nigeria and you are planning on going to Hungary to study, you will need to submit the residence permit application at the Hungarian Embassy in Abuja in person. The decision on residence permit with study purposes will be made within 21 days.

Requirements for a Hungary D-5 student visa application

Acceptance letter from a Hungarian university.
International Passport.
A properly filled and duly signed visa application form.

Proof of financial support from your parent or guarantor is required. The parent/guarantor must have sufficient funds and stand as a surety for all costs incurred by the student in terms of health treatment, living in Hungary, and repatriation for at least one academic year.

The parent/guarantor must also show proof of consistent income.
Evidence of relationship with the sponsor if not a parent.

Parent’s or guardian’s six-month bank statements, inclusive of a summarized statement from the bank to show the balance in Euros or Dollars.
Students’ degree and academic records (Bachelor/Master’s certificate, Transcripts), proof of studies, equivalent Diploma or Degree.

Proof of medical insurance, It is required that the insurance covers all days you are planning to stay in Hungary, this document must cover medical costs of up to €30,000.

Details of occupancy of accommodation in Hungary in a school hostel or private accommodation.
Attestation from the school indicating payment of tuition fees.

A letter of commitment from the parent or guardian that he or she will support the student during his / her education in Hungary.
Proof of employment (if employed), showing your source of income.

Secondary Education results i.e. WAEC, NECO.
If you are a minor, you should submit photocopies of your parent’s passports.

One passport-size photograph. The photos should measure 35 x 45 mm. The length of the face should not be smaller than 25 mm or longer than 35 mm, in color, full-face capture, white background, no wigs, glasses.

Proof of scholarship grant or sponsorship to cover funds if applicable.

The applicable Visa fee of €80 for adults and €40 for minors.

2 Likes

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by AllLovingGod: 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
I checked them out, they really have affordable tuition fees. My only problem with them is the long duration before getting citizenship, you will have to spend a whooping 8yrs before applying for citizenship. That's like almost a decade.
That's the only discouragement I have about them for now.

Well, still researching, let's see how it goes God's willing.

Thanks again @ Op, you're doing an amazing job.

1 Like

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
AllLovingGod:
I checked them out, they really have affordable tuition fees. My only problem with them is the long duration before getting citizenship, you will have to spend a whooping 8yrs before applying for citizenship. That's like almost a decade.
That's the only discouragement I have about them for now.

Well, still researching, let's see how it goes God's willing.

Thanks again @ Op, you're doing an amazing job.
How old are you ?
Don't be too in a hurry. Rome is not built in a day.
First enter and before you know it the years will pile.
Stay focus. Aim for the target first

2 Likes

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Xscape1993(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2023
Recruitmentedu:

How old are you ?
Don't be too in a hurry. Rome is not built in a day.
First enter and before you know it the years will pile.
Stay focus. Aim for the target first
God bless you dear. You are doing well dear. Do these universities in Hungary accept HND for direct Masters program? Any link to make more enquires?
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2023
Yes they do.. They accept o level and waec.
if you look through the topic. you will see that i mentioned the qualifications they accept. check the schools i mentioned up there too.I have a school that is very cheap but outside budapest.
Xscape1993:
God bless you dear. You are doing well dear. Do these universities in Hungary accept HND for direct Masters program? Any link to make more enquires?
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2023
Some of the universities are the one of the cheapest in europe. From 3000 euro per year with cheap accomodation.

Wekerle Business School
University of pecs
Debrecen University

1 Like

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2023
Underground metro goes to the airport
Tram for easy transportation all around the city
Széchenyi Thermal Bath.. I was here 5years ago.. Ancient roman kind of bath

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Xscape1993(m): 11:57am On Sep 12, 2023
Recruitmentedu:
Yes they do.. They accept o level and waec.
if you look through the topic. you will see that i mentioned the qualifications they accept. check the schools i mentioned up there too.I have a school that is very cheap but outside budapest.
Can we discuss more on WhatsApp sir? Thanks.
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by babakb: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
Xscape1993:

No
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Rictech: 4:34am On Sep 13, 2023
Recruitmentedu:

Wekerle Business School
University of pecs
Debrecen University
I have checked all the universities you listed as well as others from my online search. The least tuition I am seeing is €3200 & it is per semester NOT per year.
So for a 2year MSC, your tuition fee is €12800, that's not cheap bro

2 Likes

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
Rictech:

I have checked all the universities you listed as well as others from my online search. The least tuition I am seeing is €3200 & it is per semester NOT per year.
So for a 2year MSC, your tuition fee is €12800, that's not cheap bro

That's not true. Do your research very well. I have someone coming to study and his school fee a year is 2500 euro. And also try school outside the city. They have cheaper tuition fees
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Cutiemama: 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Plz can you go with your family for masters student or even undergraduate is there an age limit

1 Like

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by AllLovingGod: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2023
Please kindly share the name of the school that accepts 2500 for their tuition.
Thanks again
Recruitmentedu:

That's not true. Do your research very well. I have someone coming to study and his school fee a year is 2500 euro. And also try school outside the city. They have cheaper tuition fees
Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Rictech: 2:43am On Sep 14, 2023
Recruitmentedu:

@ the bold, please what's the name of the school whose yearly school fees is €2500?

Below are some of the screenshots from my research. It clearly stated per semester.

Re: Hungary: All about Study/Student Visa in Budapest by Recruitmentedu: 5:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Rictech:

@ the bold, please what's the name of the school whose yearly school fees is €2500?

Below are some of the screenshots from my research. It clearly stated per semester.
It depend on the course. Management courses are cheaper.. I cant give out the name here.. You can search very well online you can be lucky to get the name. It takes lot of time to location

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moving To Canada / 10 Things UK Illegal Immigrants Cannot Do - Is UK That Worth It Anymore? / Valid Info On Canada Live And Work Program?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.