Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Ndlea Nabs 2 Drug In Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndlea Nabs 2 Drug In Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport . (959 Views)

The Court Pictures: What I See In Nnamdi Kanu's Face / JUST IN!!! Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest: Niger Delta Youth Boil For War / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndlea Nabs 2 Drug In Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport . by pilas: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2007
NDLEA Nabs 2 Drug Couriers
Tuesday, September 11, 2007

FCT

Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport (NAIA), Abuja command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has foiled attempt by two drug traffickers to use the airport to smuggle drugs out of the country. The suspects, Benjamin Okwudili Ifionu and Augustine Chukwuma Okoye, were on Thursday September 6, 2007, at about 9. 30p.m., arrested with hard drugs in their stomach.

Augustine Chukwuma Okoye 34-year-old, of 15 Emecourt Road, Nnewi, Anambra State, who claimed to be a spare part trader was nabbed during the outward screening of passengers on KLM flight. He was to travel to Spain through Amsterdam . Okoye excreted 79 wraps of substances which were found to be cocaine, weighing 1.2 kilogrammes in three separate excretions.

According to Okoye, “I am having financial problem. My marriage ceremony is coming up in November. I am diabetic, I sold my only car because of the illness and even as I am here, I am on drugs. This trip was to fetch me 3,600 Euro if I had successfully delivered the drugs at Amsterdam. ”

Okoye who hails from Nnewi in Nnewi North L.G.A of Anambra State said that he has been living in Spain for five years until the 9th of May 2007 that he was deported over immigration problem. The other suspect Benjamin Okwudili Ifionu was also arrested on same KLM flight on his way to Holland . Benjamin lives at No 40 Akintoye street ketu Lagos . He ingested 51 wraps of substances found to be cocaine weighing 1 Kilogramme.

According to Benjamin, “My father died leaving eight of us and I am the only one taking care of the children. I decided to carry drugs because I needed money. My marriage is next month; my invitation card is even here”. Benjamin claimed that he was to receive 2,000 Euro for the trip if he had succeeded.

According to the NDLEA commander at the airport Alhaji Hamza Umar, “four suspects were arrested in August 2007 with a total of 9.150 kilogrammes of cocaine. Some of them concealed the drugs in their traveling bags, some on their body as well as ingestion, but they were caught. That is an indication that we are prepared to arrest them at the Abuja airport”.

However, preliminary investigation has revealed that the suspects came to Abuja from Lagos where they ingested the drugs. Investigation is at advanced stage and they will soon be taken to court.
Re: Ndlea Nabs 2 Drug In Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport . by pilas: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ndlea Nabs 2 Drug In Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport . by babasin(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2007
very interesting; they all claim some petty reasons: my marriage, i need money.

this will not fly unless they are first-time offenders

But Nigeria should review its 'socail security' for citizen instead of that 'stupid woman-speaker' in house of assembly spent $5mil to renovate house.
Re: Ndlea Nabs 2 Drug In Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport . by pilas: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2007
sad
Re: Ndlea Nabs 2 Drug In Nnamdi Azikiwe Inter-national Airport . by pilas: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2007
:d

(1) (Reply)

The Quick Recipe For Nigeria Economic Greatness / Tribunal Annulled The President Of The Senate, David Mark. Will Yardua Be Next? / Eyin ara mi oda ro o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.