Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa (14051 Views)

Nigerian Dies Swallowing Drugs In South Africa To Avert Arrest (Photos) / Drug Baron Held For Producing Drugs In Anambra State (PICTURE) / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by swagdude(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2011
[b][b][b]YOU SOUTH AFRICANS ARE MURDER FUCKERS!!!!! ORI YIN TI BAJE!!! Y'ALL JUST HATE US! I LIVE IN SA AND I DON;T DO DRUGS OR ILLEGAL STUFF YET YOU STILL FIND A WAY TO MESS PEOPLE LIKE ME UP!!! IDIOTS? MANY SOUTH AFRICANS DO DRUGS TOO,TELL YOUR FATHERS,MOTHERS,BROTHERS,SISTERS AND KIDS TO STOP DOING DRUGS!!! LIKE 45 % OF WHITES DO DRUGS!!!! SAD!!!! IF YOU DON'T DEMAND DRUGS,WHY WILL SOMEONE SELL IT TO YOU AND MAKE THAT THEIR BUSINESS? IDIOT MURDER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/b][/b]

READ THIS!!!!! http://www.jakartaupdates.com/1699-09/south-african-woman-arrested-for-drug-trafficking-in-bali
AND EVEN MORE http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/E-Cape-woman-caught-with-drugs-20110921
AND EVEN MOREEEE!!!!! http://allafrica.com/stories/201109280209.html ARE THESE NOT SOUTH AFRICANS? OR ARE THEY SOUTH-SOUTH AFRIKAANS? IDIOTS!!!!

LEAVE MY COUNTRY ALONE!!! WE ARE NOT BUNCH OF IDIOTS LIKE YOU ALL LAZY ASSES ARE!!! YOUR FATHERS AND MOTHERS COME TO NIGERIA TO COME MAKE MONEY FROM OUR ECONOMY SO THAT YOU CAN GO TO SCHOOL!!! AND FOR YOU NIGERIANS THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO SUPPORT YOUR PEOPLE,YOU BETTER GO LEARN WHAT UNITY IS!!! IT IS NOT FOR WHEN ONE DOES GOOD ONLY,IF YOUR CHILD IS THE DRUG DEALER,WILL YOU REJECT HIM gays!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2011
Yes! Nigerians are drug barons and mules. Great!

Why don't we turn some attention towards those who keep the drug trade flowing = the consumers.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by chineloSA(f): 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2011
Hey NaLong thing
The reporter reporter facts, and I don know whats your problem. Did you want the repoter to say they arrested 'People who appear to bè Nigerians' huh?

AM TIRED OF HEARING NIGERIANS CLAIMING TO BÈ MESSIAH TO SA ECONOMY.
There is no Nigerian who leaves Nigeria and go to SA with ''vision 2015'' to save SA economy.

For Adenuga to invest in SA, its for his own benefit because its much safer to invest in S.A, but the motive was not to save SA Economy.

So puuuuuuuleeeeeeeeeezzzz, save your Messia attitude and save Nigeria.

Who the hell are you to think that you will save SA economic woes when you cannot save Nigerian woes.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by chineloSA(f): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
As for you Swagdude you are the '' FATHER FUCKER'' then. You are condoning people who leave their countries to destroy other Africans.

This is not hatred, it was facts ''' Four Nigerians court for drugs'' period. Don know which part of English is difficult for you to grab.

If Nigerians find it hard to behave in other countries they must go back to their country and Misbehave there if its acceptable in Nigeria.
As for lazy SA people, why does it bother you?
Do they use your tax money for social grants

slowpoke, leave SA reporters to report objective.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by swagdude(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
chineloSA:

As for you Swagdude you are the '' FATHER FUCKER'' then. You are condoning people who leave their countries to destroy other Africans.

This is not hatred, it was facts ''' Four Nigerians court for drugs'' period. Don know which part of English is difficult for you to grab.

If Nigerians find it hard to behave in other countries they must go back to their country and Misbehave there if its acceptable in Nigeria.
As for lazy SA people, why does it bother you?
Do they use your tax money for social grants

slowpoke, leave SA reporters to report objective.

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]I WILL NOT COME DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL, I WILL DEAL FAIRLY, I DO NOT CONDONE THEM,IN FACT THESE GUYS HAVE MADE ME SUFFER AS WELL FOR WHAT I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT "THEIR CRIME ET ALL", MY ISSUE IS THAT,WHEN IT IS A NIGERIAN MAN/WOMAN INVOLVED IN SOMETHING SHADY,THE SA PEOPLE SCREAM ON TOP OF THEIR VOICES! IF IT IS THEIR PEOPLE,THEY EVEN KILL THE CASE! IT IS NOT NEW ANYWAYS! EVEN THE POLICE COMMISSIONER'S WIFE WAS CAUGHT LAST YEAR, ANOTHER WAS CAUGHT THIS YEAR, PLEASE SINCE YOU ARE A FACT FINDER,CAN YOU TELL US ON NAIRALAND WHERE THAT CASE HAS DIED TO? WHERE HAS IT GONE TO? WHAT IS THE OUTCOME? MY POINT IS "LET THEM JAIL ANYONE WHO COMMITS OFFENCE AND NOT RUBBISH US ALL"! YOU CALL YOURSELF A NIGERIAN AND YOU SIT HERE AS IF YOU ARE CLEANER THEN THE DRUG BARONS! AND YOU SIT THERE INSULTING ME! DID I INSULT YOU? I AM SURE YOU ARE NOT A NIGERIAN! AND IF YOU ARE,TOO BAD! [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by chineloSA(f): 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
SWAGDUDE, Mr Victim of Nigerians,

If you taking about Frank Nabolisa and Cheryl Cwele, they each got 15yrs in jail.
Cheryl is still appealing.

What does this have to do with 'Objective reporting'

The fact of the matter is '' 4 Nigerians and a South African are held for drugs''' period.

Whats is victimising about the factual statement.

Nau, you go an nurse your sorry heart somewhere for being a Nigerian and a Victim of Nigerian crime.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by swagdude(m): 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
chineloSA:

SWAGDUDE, Mr Victim of Nigerians,

If you taking about Frank Nabolisa and Cheryl Cwele, they each got 15yrs in jail.
Cheryl is still appealing.

What does this have to do with 'Objective reporting'

The fact of the matter is '' 4 Nigerians and a South African are held for drugs''' period.

Whats is victimising about the factual statement.

Nau, you go an nurse your sorry heart somewhere for being a Nigerian and a Victim of Nigerian crime.

[b][b][b]WONDERFUL!!! I SEE YOU ARE A JOBLESS ! IGNORANT BASTARD ! A slowpoke IN ALL RAMIFICATION! A NON ENTITY!!! YOU THINK I AM SAD TO BE A NIGERIAN? OH! I AM VERY GLAD I AM A NIGERIAN BECAUSE YOU @CHINELO WILL NEVER EVER ACCOMPLISH ALL I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN LIFE! YOU ARE A BLOODY SOUTH AFRICAN AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE LAMBASTING ME LIKE THAT!!! OLORI BURUKU OLOSHI!!! DAMBOROOO BA SHEGE!!! SEBI YOU SAY YOU BE IGBO ABI? EKWENSU GO USE YOUR HEAD DO PEPPER SOUP!!!! OYIONSHI! OYINBERIBE!!!![/b][/b][/b]
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by hbrednic: 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
swagdude:

[b][b][color=#990000][b]WONDERFUL!!! I SEE YOU ARE A JOBLESS ! IGNORANT BASTARD ! A slowpoke IN ALL RAMIFICATION! A NON ENTITY!!! YOU THINK I AM SAD TO BE A NIGERIAN? OH! I AM VERY GLAD I AM A NIGERIAN BECAUSE YOU @CHINELO WILL NEVER EVER ACCOMPLISH ALL I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN LIFE! YOU ARE A BLOODY SOUTH AFRICAN AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE LAMBASTING ME LIKE THAT!!![b] OLORI BURUKU OLOSHI!!! DAMBOROOO BA SHEGE!!! SEBI YOU SAY YOU BE IGBO ABI? EKWENSU GO USE YOUR HEAD DO PEPPER SOUP!!!! OYIONSHI! OYINBERIBE!!!![/c[/b]olor][/b][/b][/b]
you've just cursed chineloSA in 3 different nigerian languages cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by chineloSA(f): 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2011
shocked
mr Swagdude

It very difficult to debate with people like you with no LOGIC thinking.

You intertwinning issues nau, what does objective repoting have to do with your gigantic money and achievements.

Go back to school and ask them teach you to think logically.

Nau,get that gigantic money of yours to WORK for YOU and buy you logic thinking nau.

Get a life, I got unemployment as you quoted.

slowpoke.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by chineloSA(f): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
shocked
mr Swagdude

It very difficult to debate with people like you with no LOGIC thinking.

You intertwinning issues nau, what does objective repoting have to do with your gigantic money and achievements.

Go back to school and ask them teach you to think logically.

Nau,get that gigantic money of yours to WORK for YOU and buy you logic thinking nau.

Get a life, I got unemployment as you quoted.

Imbecilli, slowpoke. I will not stoop lower than a moroni like u.

You need a life.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
I'm watching a documentary called 'my world' on SABC 1 about a Nigerian film maker and director of Mnet's Jacob's Cross called Adze Ugah. This documentary is making me proud of same of these Nigerians who seem to have a good working relationship with South Africans. We need more of them.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
Tonight we get a chance to sit in the
director’s chair next to one of Mzansi’s
most talented filmmakers of our time,
Adze Ugah. The Nigerian born SAFTA
winner takes us through his
inspirational yet challenging journey of why, when and how he became
one of the best and most versatile
directors in this country. He turns the
camera around and for a change
allows the lens to focus on him, telling
of how he got to create proudly Mzansi shows like Zone 14, Home
Affairs, Society and Jacob’s cross. He
explores where his love for
showreels, cameras, lights, call sheets,
tapes and clipboards all began. Catch his inspiring story into the world
of film and televisions tonight at
21H00 on SABC1 Mzansi Fo Sho!

www.kasitimes.co.za/events/my-world-2-with-adze-ugah-myworld/
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2011
chineloSA:

Hey NaLong thing
The reporter  reporter facts, and I don know whats your problem. Did you want the repoter to say they arrested 'People who appear to bè Nigerians' huh?

AM TIRED OF HEARING NIGERIANS CLAIMING TO BÈ MESSIAH TO SA ECONOMY.
There is no Nigerian who leaves Nigeria and go to SA with ''vision 2015'' to save SA economy.

Wonderful! You have been going on about that lovely word LOGIC.  Now is the time to show us you post-apartheid education: Now prove your statement above - a logical man thinks before he exhales.

chineloSA:

For Adenuga to invest in SA, its for his own benefit because its much safer to invest in S.A, but the motive was not to save SA Economy.

So puuuuuuuleeeeeeeeeezzzz, save your Messia attitude and save Nigeria.

Who the hell are you to think that you will save SA economic woes when you cannot save Nigerian woes.

Adenuga investing in SA? or do you mean Dangote? never mind. Anyway, [size=15pt]what on earth gave you the impression I would want to be a SA messiah?[/size] This is ludicrous! I simply stated the facts in SA at present and the remedy - don't get mad get smart.  It seems as if you  have a deep belief that BLEK SAs can do it all on their own; thats a great attitude to have, whether its the correct one is in serious doubt.

The entire foundation of SA was built by the whites, the entire nation is dominated by the whites and the entire nation is being upgraded by the whites (and now the chinese) so your confidence is a sad illusion. undecided
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
paniki:

@nolongthing just doesn't want to accept black progress in South Africa, he's forever talking about what white people own. What he must understand is that the agreement between the blacks and the whites after the end of apartheid was the whites shall keep all the wealth that they and their racist forefathers have created and that the blacks will concentrate on creating their own wealth with the help of the government. 17 years later, blacks have created massive wealth and progress continues. He must understand that black South Africans have vision, we are able to strategise, organise, plan and implement.

ok so Whites keeping 90% of the land they stole nice and Bleks buying Toyotas is progress? Your teacher needs to be charged with “brainwashing”.

paniki:

In 2008 we had an electricity problem which required serious attention. The attention was provided and now three years later our power producer Eskom is spending over R300billion/$43billion building 2 coal fired power stations, 2 wind farms and a solar project which once all complete by 2015 will have a combine generation capacity equal to 4 times what the whole of Nigeria produces. Of cause nolongthing will claim that the power plants were built by whites simply because he doesn't want to accept and believe that black man can make such gigantic progress.

This is shambolic! You claim that white people are upgrading what was previously built by white people then you have the nerve to be vividly illogical by claiming that “bleks have made gigantic progress

hence: [size=15pt] White + White = Gigantic Blek [/size] grin grin grin grin

please tell me your intention was to be ironic.

paniki:

This year alone South African National Roads Agency Limited(SANRAL) is spending R20billion/$3billion upgrading the national roads which were built by the whites long ago. Those roads in Nigeria were also built by the whites, why are they not being upgraded?

I can see what your mentality is now – Whites build everything! Viva south Africa!
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2011
As I predicted Nolonthing is now claiming that our power plants are being built by whites, hahahah. Maybe he didn't understand what he highlighted
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2011
Truth is that I don't need to outline the progress that black South Africans are making coz Nolongthing and others can see it for themselves. But sometimes it's good to throw in numbers coz they are able to make the picture clear.

Nigeria's budget for 2011 was set at N4.2 trillion/$28 billion, over 90% of that revenue comes from oil which means that if oil were to dry up the FG will be broke. Most of this budget has gone to servicing recurring expenditure such as salaries and overseas trips and the rest is looted by your unscrupulous leaders. Very little is spent on capital expenditure(cap ex) or quality education which means that progress for Nigeria is dependent on foreign companies who have big enough balls to invest their own money on cap ex to prop up industry in your country. MTN which you guys now hate was the first to take such a risk to start a mobile telephony industry in Nigeria(MTN also rips us off in SA so I understand).

South Africa's budget for 2011 was set at R990 billion/$ 141billion of which R200 billion/$29 billion comes from VAT mainly from black consumers, R255 billion/$36 billion comes from individual taxpayers most of whom are black, R140 billion/$20 billion comes from corporate tax mainly from small to medium enterprises owned by black people, R35 billion/$5 billion fuel levy, additional R100 billion/$14 billion comes from other taxes like port duties. R300 billion/$42 billion is borrowed from international markets.

Unlike in Nigeria, all the money that our government has is made by everyday South Africans and therefore we have more of a claim on how that money should be spent because it's our money which we work for. As such, instead of it being looted this money this year has been spent like this:
Education: R190 billion/$27 billion
Social service: R147 billion/$21 billion
Economic affairs: R131 billion/$19 billion
Housing: R122 billion/$18 billion
Health: R114 billion/$16 billion
Police: R92 billion/$13 billion
Defence: R39 billion/$6 billion
Other: R140 billion/$20 billion

http://www.iol.co.za/business/business-news/sa-has-most-transparent-budget-process-1.1030065
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by sheyguy: 12:51am On Oct 19, 2011
South Africans aren't all that innocent themselves, though i wouldn't dispute the topic cos we ve heard so much here also.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2011
paniki:

As I predicted Nolonthing is now claiming that our power plants are being built by whites, hahahah. Maybe he didn't understand what he highlighted

Oh I understood it perfectly well, you said:

paniki:

In 2008 we had an electricity problem which required serious attention. The attention was provided and now three years later our power producer Eskom is spending over R300billion/$43billion building 2 coal fired power stations, 2 wind farms and a solar project which once all complete by 2015 will have a combine generation capacity equal to 4 times what the whole of Nigeria produces. [size=18pt]Of cause nolongthing will claim that the power plants were built by whites simply because he doesn't want to accept and believe that black man can make such gigantic progress.[/size]

Now look at a post you made afterwards:

paniki:

[size=18pt]Black people are generaly dumb. They don't care about advancing knowledge and broadening their understanding of they world around them. For blacks, wild animals are wild therefore leave them. Planets are too far away therefore leave them. Chemicals do funny things therefore leave them. I can make many other example. Whites hav always been successful because they create knowledge which they use to improve their lives thereafter they sell the knowledge through books and education[/size]

Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2011
paniki:

I'm watching a documentary called 'my world' on SABC 1 about a Nigerian film maker and director of Mnet's Jacob's Cross called Adze Ugah. This documentary is making me proud of same of these Nigerians who seem to have a good working relationship with South Africans. We need more of them.

Nigeria has three main ethnic groups Igbo. Hausa (Fulani) and Yoruba. 99% of the Drug activity committed by Nigerians is carried out by Nigerians from the Igbo ethnic group. 

The soap opera Jacobs Cross (or whatever) you talked about is based on a Yoruba Dynasty.  Most of the professionals in South Africa will be froom the South of Nigeria and mainly Yoruba.  You are very unlikely to see Hausa/Fulani Muslims in your country and if you do they will be very rich like Dangote.

This is one of the problems we have to live with, for example if Xhosa people migrated around the world and committed crimes such as drug trafficking and pimping would the Zulus like sharing the blame? No.  There are many examples of Igbo drug traffickers sentenced to death and imprisoned in Asia and around the world – but we collectively get the blame as Nigerians.

Igbo people like to dominate and see whereever they go as their home! They do the same in Nigeria. Just check this thread, they want to rule South Africa:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-784773.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-385611.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-244102.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-751218.0.html

For example the South African Air Force (SAAF) awarded a $1.2 Billion contract to a Nigerian Aviation company based in South Africa this year, its the biggest ever awarded to a Black African company.  The company AdoAir is run by a Nigerian, Yoruba man.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/adoair-wins-n18bn-luxury-aircraft-deal-in-south-africa/

I understand your concern for your country but many Africans especially Nigerians have proved they can create jobs and help lift the South African Economy.  Because the [size=15pt]South Africa provides a more conducive environment to do business[/size]. 

Its up to the South African Authorities to ensure they prevent the entry of poor, uneducated African immigrants.

Have you SA guys ever stopped to think that the whites deliberately allow poor Africans to enter your country to stir up Blek on Blek hatred, cant you see how SA Bleks come on this forum to express their hatred for Nigerians?

Viva south Africa!   grin grin grin grin
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2011
paniki:

Truth is that I don't need to outline the progress that black South Africans are making coz Nolongthing and others can see it for themselves. But sometimes it's good to throw in numbers coz they are able to make the picture clear.

Nigeria's budget for 2011 was set at N4.2 trillion/$28 billion, over 90% of that revenue comes from oil which means that if oil were to dry up the FG will be broke. Most of this budget has gone to servicing recurring expenditure such as salaries and overseas trips and the rest is looted by your unscrupulous leaders. Very little is spent on capital expenditure(cap ex) or quality education which means that progress for Nigeria is dependent on foreign companies who have big enough balls to invest their own money on cap ex to prop up industry in your country. MTN which you guys now hate was the first to take such a risk to start a mobile telephony industry in Nigeria(MTN also rips us off in SA so I understand).

South Africa's budget for 2011 was set at R990 billion/$ 141billion of which R200 billion/$29 billion comes from VAT mainly from black consumers, R255 billion/$36 billion comes from individual taxpayers most of whom are black, R140 billion/$20 billion comes from corporate tax mainly from small to medium enterprises owned by black people, R35 billion/$5 billion fuel levy, additional R100 billion/$14 billion comes from other taxes like port duties. R300 billion/$42 billion is borrowed from international markets.

Unlike in Nigeria, all the money that our government has is made by everyday South Africans and therefore we have more of a claim on how that money should be spent because it's our money which we work for. As such, instead of it being looted this money this year has been spent like this:
Education: R190 billion/$27 billion
Social service: R147 billion/$21 billion
Economic affairs: R131 billion/$19 billion
Housing: R122 billion/$18 billion
Health: R114 billion/$16 billion
Police: R92 billion/$13 billion
Defence: R39 billion/$6 billion
Other: R140 billion/$20 billion

http://www.iol.co.za/business/business-news/sa-has-most-transparent-budget-process-1.1030065

[size=15pt]How predictable lol! Your whole motive for joining this site and starting this thread was “I want to prove that SA Bleks are better than Nigerians”.[/size]

Source: CIA Factbook 2009: Statistics South Africa;

Please tell me what do you see in that Bar chart above? It seems to be out of synch with the picture you are trying to paint, don't you think?

@paniki, must we keep going round in circles? You are bragging about an economy that Blek South Africans did not build and do not control.  You have been free for 17 years while Nigeria has been free for 51 years.

Bleks in South African have monumental challenges to complete that freedom and the best way to do it would be with the help of other WEALTHY, EDUCATED Africans. The “Giant of Africa” is the biggest African investor in South Africa.  South Africans should encourage their African brothers and sisters to come and HELP build South Africa into an African superpower with their knowledge and investments.  You have nothing to gain from mud slinging and boring us with “SA bleks are better than other Africans”.

There mere fact that you are on this forum is proof of the lack of economic activity of Bleks in SA.  Why do SA Bleks have such a low internet presence?

I do not want to keep highlighting the weaknesses of SAs Bleks - I believe in African unity.  You might see us having the so called “Naija cyber tribal wars” on this site but for the most part its all fun and games – mainly competition.

source: University of Cape Town: General Household survey;

Viva South Africa!
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2011
In SA we have amaXhosa, amaZulu, baSotho, baTswana, baPedi and to a lesser extent vhaVenda and others. We all get along. The inequalities in SA are being corrected and progress will continue. I still don't understand why Nigerians seem not to be progressing since they claim to be so educated. It's a case whereby a clever man has idea how to advance himself. Those Nigerians who have been educated in SA like Adze are the ones who have proper skills to do good. Last point, for every one Nigerian investing in South Africa I can easily speak about ten South Africans investing in Nigeria.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
paniki:

In SA we have amaXhosa, amaZulu, baSotho, baTswana, baPedi and to a lesser extent vhaVenda and others. We all get along. The inequalities in SA are being corrected and progress will continue.

Could the unity be based on a common oppressor? You have not faced the test of having a country free of whites and Asians.

The South African inequalities are astounding! Its going to take a monumental task to reverse it.  9% white population controlling 70% of the wealth? OMG!

paniki:

I still don't understand why Nigerians seem not to be progressing since they claim to be so educated. It's a case whereby a clever man has idea how to advance himself. Those Nigerians who have been educated in SA like Adze are the ones who have proper skills to do good.

Thats like me saying: "I still don't understand why Blek south Africans allow Asians and Whites to dominate them in their own country" or "why do Blek south africans allow whites to keep hold of stolen land" and many more questions like that.

Nigeria is progressing especially the South West of Nigeria home to the yoruba people – have you not heard of lekki

[flash=600,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZ471l4N8Q?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

and Eko Atlantic?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8473001.stm

Look around the world and witness the success of nigerians from ALL ethnic groups. Now have you ever seen Blek south african international success? For example the largest black owned business in the USA for the past decade was owned by a Yoruba Nigerian Kasse Lawal (CAMAC) currently its the second largest http://www.theroot.com/multimedia/nation-s-top-10-black-owned-companies.  Gatwick was bought by a Yoruba Nigerian and his investment partners; and many more like that.

So most of the Nigerian skills are in the diaspora, mainly Europe and USA, due to the negative business environment in Nigeria.  SA would be smart to attract them now.

Unfortunately corruption is rife in Nigeria; Our system was created by the British, its dominated by the North who have the largest population.  The Northerners are Islamic fanatics who are against western education. Furthermore the system concentrates too much power in the center, which stagnates growth.  For example each states police force is controlled by the center, each state gets an allocation form the center from the oil wealth which encourages corruption.

Lagos in SW Nigeria is showing the way forward by attracting lots of inward Investment, participating in Public private partnerships and increasing its tax revenue.  When, the business environment improves they will be able to tap into the vast amount of Nigerian skills in the diaspora.

paniki:

Last point, for every one Nigerian investing in South Africa I can easily speak about ten South Africans investing in Nigeria.

Again these investors are NOT Blek South Africans.  tongue
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by MrWhy1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
@paniki

You have got to be objective. If you sole purpose is to come on a Naija site and undermine Nigerians. Well, you better think twice.

Let me dig out some facts. Been studying South for quite sometime. I will start with the latest one.

Why did Desmond Tutu compare ANC South Africa to the Apartheid system?
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
Mr--Why:

@paniki

You have got to be objective. If you sole purpose is to come on a Naija site and undermine Nigerians. Well, you better think twice.

Let me dig out some facts. Been studying South for quite sometime. I will start with the latest one.

Why did Desmond Tutu compare ANC South Africa to the Apartheid system?

Look back on this thread to see who started the ''who's dick is longer'' debate.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2011
Desmond Tutu compared the ANC to the Apartheid system because the government stalled with issuing a visa to th Dalia Lama. He claims that they are being oppresive just like the apartheid years. What he failed to understand was that China is South Africa's biggest trade partner with SA exporting over $10 billion of goods to China and China is the biggest foreign investor in SA.

It irritates me when people like Nolongthing attribute current SA progress to whites, that's why I gave an outline of who our government gets money from and what they spend it on. During apartheid there were no tar roads in Soweto and other townships, go there now. During apartheid the whites didn't have money to build a high speed train link, come to Joburg now. During apartheid 95% of black people were poor and uneducated, come to SA now. During apartheid less than 20% of black people had tap water and electricity, come check now. During apartheid there was no shopping mall in any of the township, go to Soweto now. During apartheid black man couldn't afford even a cheap second hand car, come drive on our newly tared roads. I can go on and on.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
paniki:

Desmond Tutu compared the ANC to the Apartheid system because the government stalled with issuing a visa to th Dalia Lama. He claims that they are being oppresive just like the apartheid years. What he failed to understand was that China is South Africa's biggest trade partner with SA exporting over $10 billion of goods to China and China is the biggest foreign investor in SA.

[size=18pt]It irritates me when people like Nolongthing attribute current SA progress to whites[/size], that's why I gave an outline of who our government gets money from and what they spend it on. During apartheid there were no tar roads in Soweto and other townships, go there now. During apartheid the whites didn't have money to build a high speed train link, come to Joburg now. During apartheid 95% of black people were poor and uneducated, come to SA now. During apartheid less than 20% of black people had tap water and electricity, come check now. During apartheid there was no shopping mall in any of the township, go to Soweto now. During apartheid black man couldn't afford even a cheap second hand car, come drive on our newly tared roads. I can go on and on.

Then answer my posts above then LOGICALLY  grin grin grin You skipped them and started asking questions about Nigeria - which I answered honestly.  Please answer objectively and stop complaining;  please show us the Blek Owned businesses in South Africa with their inventions and innovations,  Why is there so much inequality? Show us the richest South Africans on Forbes list, has the black empowerment program worked? Is jacob Zuma corrupt? Is the ANC corrupt? Do Blek South Africans sell drugs? Why do so many south Africans take drugs?

[size=15pt]Please can you answer these questions once and for all.[/size]
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by MrWhy1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
Look back on this thread to see who started the ''who's Joystick is longer'' debate.

I wouldn't like to entangle myself in the debate of who is better than who. We ought to do better than this. Instead of thinking ways to educated African children and move Africa to the next level. We are glorifying mediocrity and what not.

Anyways, I get your frustration. But I am still also shocked by what I read on many SA blog posts and news site comment. I think chapter 2 of xenophobic attack is on the horizon.  How can an African open his mouth and call another African "ape". It it not uncommon to many of those comments I have come across.  

Even me as a Nigerian, I would like to see my fellow Africans progress and grow especially in South Africa because it seems some people want to see the ANC run the country to the ground to justify their views that the Black man can't rule himself, you know. The black man needs to incorporate education as part of his culture, be able to think outside the box to solve the mounting problems facing the continent.

What is plaguing Nigeria is endemic corruption and you know what that can do to a country but very soon our politicians cup will full. Nigerians are a resourceful hard working people if given the chance and I believe South Africans are like that too. Every individual I believe has potential. No one is created unique. You just have to strive hard and make yourself unique.

I heard there is a "third hand" sowing discord among Africans, is that true? If yes, why are Africans stupid enough to fall for it? You see some people you call your country men are having fun while all these things are happening. Could you imagine what was going through their minds during the xenophobic attacks? Stupid blacks, let me kill themselves!!  haha, you see, What happened then was a huge crime against the spirit of mama Africa. If a particular elements of immigrants are causing  problem, they should be investigated by the SA authorities and Saps and given the due punishment.

What is going on between Africans is a HUGE trap and we are falling for it. They want to make South Africans look like cannibals who enjoy killing their African brothers by exaggerating/distorting facts.  Do not think I am revisiting the past, but with some of the comments I come across, I couldn't believe my eyes.   If I am mistaking here, maybe you can straighten me out.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2011
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by softtouch2(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ mr--why: thanks for that comment.
I have heard a lot of bad thing about SA as a whole, I have to come visiting myself. So far, SA was labelled 3rd on level of crime-rate in the world, but all thru my visit, I saw nothing like that. I strongly believe some whites don't want black to rule SA successfully base on what I personally see among the whites while in SA.
We black Africans should be wise and not be set-up by whites. These people knew our greatest weakness is racial.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by paniki(m): 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2011
nolongTing:

Then answer my posts above then LOGICALLY  grin grin grin You skipped them and started asking questions about Nigeria - which I answered honestly.  Please answer objectively and stop complaining;  please show us the Blek Owned businesses in South Africa with their inventions and innovations,  Why is there so much inequality? Show us the richest South Africans on Forbes list, has the black empowerment program worked? Is jacob Zuma corrupt? Is the ANC corrupt? Do Blek South Africans sell drugs? Why do so many south Africans take drugs?

[size=15pt]Please can you answer these questions once and for all.[/size]

These are some of the rich black South Africans. Some of them have benefited from BBE more than others

Phuthuma Nhleko

Phuthuma Nhleko is the former CEO of the MTN Group. Nhleko is also chairman and one of the founding members of Worldwide African Investment Holdings, an investment holding company with interests in the petroleum, telecommunications and IT industries. Nhleko is also a director of Johnnic Holdings, Nedbank Group and Old Mutual SA.

Sizwe Nxasana

Sizwe Nxasana is a South African businessman. He is the Chief Executive Officer of FirstRand Limited. Sizwe served as Chief Executive Officer of Telkom SA Limited from 1998 to 2005. He served as National President of Absa Group Limited from 1991 to 1994.

Saki Macozoma

He is chairperson of financial institutions STANLIB and Liberty Life, deputy chairman of the Standard Bank of South Africa and a director of the Liberty Group and Volkswagen SA. He is chairperson of the President’s Big Business Working Group, co-chair of the Business Trust, Chairman of the Council on Higher Education, chairperson of the University Council of the University of the Witwatersrand and a member of the Board of Governors of Rhodes University. He is the Chairman of the Kwazulu–Natal Philharmonic Orchestra. Mr Macozoma is a significant shareholder in Safika Holdings.

Bridgette Radebe

Chairperson: Nabera Mining (Pty) Ltd; Executive Chair: Mmakau Mining (Pty) Ltd, Houghton & Randfontein; First black SA mining entrepreneur; active in mining industries since 1976 & for past 12 years as an entrepreneur & stake holder; She was closely involved in developing the South African Mineral & Petroleum Resources Development Act and the Mining Charter.

Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale is the Minister of Human Settlements and presidential hopeful. He is also the founder and Non-Executive Chair of Mvelaphanda Holdings. Sexwale was a member of the World Cup 2010 Preparatory Committee and sat on the Board of Directors for 2010 FIFA World Cup. Sexwale is a member of Brookings Institution's International Advisory Council.

Herman Mashaba

Herman Mashaba is Founder and Managing Director of Black Like Me (Pty) Ltd. He bought Black Like Me (Pty) Ltd back and re-established independence in August, 1999. Four brands were launched Black Like Me, Perfect Choice, Perfect Choice Colour and Special Solutions.

Khanyi Dhlomo

Khanyi Dhlomo is the Managing Director of Ndalo Media, which she founded in 2007. She is also founder of DestinyConnect and the Founding Editor of Destiny Magazine. Prior to beginning her own media company, Dhlomo served as editor of True Love magazine for eight years. She was named most influential woman in South African Media by The Media Magazine in 2003 and made the 2011 Forbes list of 20 Young Power Women in Africa.

Robert Gumede

Robert Gumede is a South African businessman. He is the founder of Gijima AST Group Ltd. an IT-based company in South Africa.

Patrice Motsepe

Patrice Motsepe is the founder and Executive Chair of African Rainbow Minerals. He is also a Non-Executive Chair of Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited as well as Chair of Naledi Mining and Future Mining. According to Forbes Magazines' 2010 list of billionaires, Patrice Motsepe is worth more than R17 billion. He is currently the richest person in South Africa according to the Business Times rich list of South Africans.

Basetsana Kumalo

Bassie Kumalo is a former Miss South Africa, winning the title in 1994. She has been an Anchor Presenter for Top Billing, and was nominated by Femina Magazine as one of the Top 10 most glamorous women in South Africa. In 1999 she became the Director of the Tswelopele Group. In 2004, Tswelopele launched Top Billing Magazine, where Bassie is the editor of the magazine. In 2005 she launched Uzalile Investments. In 2009, Bassie was nominated for the Inyathelo Philanthropy Award. She is also the President of the Businesswomen's Association of South Africa, the largest business women's network in South Africa.

Ndaba Ntsele

Founder and Chair: Sodexho Southern Africa; Chair: Alacrity Financial Services; Chair: African Pride Hotels & Lodges; Director: Pamodzi Auctioneers.

Cyril Ramaphosa

Cyril Ramaphosa is a South African lawyer, trade union leader, politician and businessman. His a master mediator and business negotiator which has earned him director posts in companies like Standard Bank, MTN Group, Unilever, SABMiller and Coca-Cola Company

I hope that answers your questions. We have come a long way in just 16 years and it doesn't stop there. Of cause there's major inequality but with every year things improve. Give us another 34 years years to see how black man will emerge.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/many-of-sa-s-super-rich-are-black-1.300711
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by chineloSA(f): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hey NolongThing

Who gave you that impression that I am South African silly.

The fact is Nigeria got independence before SA, 50yrs ago. South Africa got freedom 17yrs ago. Its very sad because Nigeria is oppressed by their own, but in the case of SA they were oppressed by
Apartheid ( Whites )

Nigerian progress is suppose to be 50 times better than SA. One particular Nigerian "YOURSELF'' is suppose to get his butt busy by doing "" NOLONGTHINGS'' that will add value to your Nigerian economy.

The point was, " u felt that the reporter was xenophobic by reporting that Nigerians were held for drugs.

I reiterate "" RUBBISH '' . That was objective reporting.

ALL THE OTHER ILLOGICAL RUBBISH YOU SAID WAS IRRELEVANT.
Re: Four Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In South Africa by nolongTing: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2011
chineloSA:

Hey NolongThing

Who gave you that impression that I am South African [size=24pt]silly[/size].

[s]The fact is Nigeria got independence before SA, 50yrs ago. South Africa got freedom 17yrs ago. Its very sad because Nigeria is oppressed by their own,  but in the case of SA they were oppressed by
Apartheid ( Whites )

Nigerian progress is suppose to be 50 times better than SA. One particular Nigerian "YOURSELF'' is suppose to get his butt busy by doing "" NOLONGTHINGS'' that will add value to your Nigerian economy.

The point was, " u felt that the reporter was xenophobic by reporting that Nigerians were held for drugs.

I reiterate "" RUBBISH '' . That was objective reporting.

ALL THE OTHER ILLOGICAL RUBBISH YOU SAID WAS IRRELEVANT.
[/s]

hmm, registered 3 days ago made 7 post and 3 of them to me lol! looks like a multiple ID, NL rodent on the loose, who sees me as very special grin grin

but hey! You are right I am a [size=18pt]S[/size][size=13pt]pecial[/size] [size=18pt]I[/size][size=13pt]nteligent[/size][size=18pt] L[/size][size=13pt]oaded[/size] [size=18pt]L[/size]ucky [size=18pt]Y[/size][size=13pt]oruba[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N9.6m / Top 10 Worst Prisons In Nigeria / How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.