Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

See Why My Mother Cursed Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See Why My Mother Cursed Me (23000 Views)

My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller / My Mother Cursed Me. / Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by RPG2020(m): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
Na to send the Man back to his creator so that you can have ✌️✌️✌️ peace 🕊️
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Nursepepeye(f): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:
I live with my mother, a single mother, since I lost my dad over a year ago and we haven't been having issues until recently
The problem with my mother is that she wants to remarry but I never wanted that because she planned to move in to the house my father built.

After a heated argument, she claimed the house as hers but I rejected! I didn't stop her from marrying any man but what I am against is moving the man into my father's house. More to that, she planned to open a business for her husband to be on my father's land. I know the consequence of allowing that to happen: he will later claim the land.

Since my mom met this man she stopped treating me like a son. One of her sisters told me that the man was disturbing my mom to send me out of the house so he can move in asap.

When I approached my mom with this, she cursed me because she believes I'm against her will.

How do I prevent this man from taking what belongs to me?
that curse won't do you anything, as a man, you must resist such attempt to the last.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by DimpleDoll(f): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:
I live with my mother, a single mother, since I lost my dad over a year ago and we haven't been having issues until recently
The problem with my mother is that she wants to remarry but I never wanted that because she planned to move in to the house my father built.

After a heated argument, she claimed the house as hers but I rejected! I didn't stop her from marrying any man but what I am against is moving the man into my father's house. More to that, she planned to open a business for her husband to be on my father's land. I know the consequence of allowing that to happen: he will later claim the land.

Since my mom met this man she stopped treating me like a son. One of her sisters told me that the man was disturbing my mom to send me out of the house so he can move in asap.

When I approached my mom with this, she cursed me because she believes I'm against her will.

Who built and own the property?
If it's your mum you don't have a say yet.
But if it is your dad? Then the best thing to do is to call a family meeting to discuss ownership of the property.

How long has your mother known the said man, if they have been friends before your father passed on, I suspect fowl play cos it's just a year+ you lost your father and your mother is thinking of bringing another man into your father's house.

As for the curse from your mother, it holds no water.
Young man fight for what is yours diplomatically and ensure every discussion you have with your mum concerning the said property, your uncle's are their present.

To be honest with you this whole thing might get messy cos your mum now dance to the music of are said lover, and if proper care is not taking you and your mum might lose the property to the lover.

All the best
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by tonicyril: 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2023
CedarHoldings:
They guy have even wrote this one before but maybe with another moniker

Nairaland investigator...I hail una grin
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Caaz: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
Can you guys tell this op is not mentally sound.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
Caaz:
Can you guys tell this op is not mentally sound.

Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by tishbite42: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
iammo:
cool

Get the man's number on your mother's phone, and call him man to man for a meeting with one of your father's relatives

Tell him you have no issue with his relationship with your mother but you don't support her bringing any man to your father's house or property

Tell him you are willing to go to any length on the property belonging to your father, if it means involving your father's family or the lawyers

Am very sorry to say this but some women are just not emotionally intelligent to manage inheritance and family asset that's why many are skeptical in having them administer an estate

Sir Luis Ojuckwu was a billionaire

He married Ojuckwu's mother and Ojuckwu inherited his wealth

Ojuckwu wasted the wealth on Civil War and married a new young wife Bianca

Upon death, Bianca didn't let any of Ojuckwu's Old son or Brothers, not even cousins to access any of Sir Ojuckwu's Asset

You Yorubas are morbidly obsessed with the Igbos
From Awolowo to Abiola, from Abiola to Tinubu
God help you

1 Like

Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by dontrulee: 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
Arrange boys and teach your Mum's lover a lesson.
A man shouldn't reap where he didn't sow.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by IMPARTIAL: 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
Tell your mum that since God has not cursed you, what she said against you will not stand. Declare Isaiah 54:17. Plead the blood of Jesus over yourself.

Meet your dad's relations and explain the situation.

As someone suggested, maybe the house should be rented out and you all share the proceeds.

Where are you from? Normally, the first son is the owner of the house if there is no will. Your mum has no business with the house.

If you have other siblings, plan with them and sit your mum down and talk with her.

That man will wreck your mum emotionally.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Eriokanmi: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

If the story is true, it's juju at work. There is no need engaging the man or your mum in any assault. Just pray and fast about it. 3 days is ok, if you can. The result will shock you
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
Stand ur ground
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by iammo(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
tishbite42:

You Yorubas are morbidly obsessed with the Igbos
From Awolowo to Abiola, from Abiola to Tinubu
God help you

I specifically mentioned Ojuckwu and Bianca and not entire Ibo race

But as ussuall inferiority complex must make you cry that your ethnic group is under attack

Pathetic lots
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Finestgurlie(f): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
iammo:

I specifically mentioned Ojuckwu and Bianca and not entire Ibo raise

But as ussuall inferiority complex must make you cry that your ethnic group is under attack

Pathetic lots
thunder scatter Tinubu
hahahahaha
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by enemyofprogress: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
This one is no longer an ordinary issue. Good sex and strong jazz are involved
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Helgreenluv(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2023
Finestgurlie:
thunder scatter Peter Gregory Obi. The man na scam. Obi ti lule
hahahahaha
Na so.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Helgreenluv(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
Finestgurlie:
thunder scatter Peter Gregory Obi. The man na scam. Obi ti lule
hahahahaha
Na so. PoliciaNLand I dey greet o!
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by onumadu: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
If this were Igboland, the mother cannot do whatever she wants with the dead man's property AS LONG AS SHE HAS A SON.

It doesn't matter how young that son is, if she sells the land, or gives it away to anyone, it is AUTOMATICALLY null and void.

Even if the dead man had no son, as long as he had surviving brothers, the woman cannot just do whatever she wants with the landed property. I didn't know this fact until fairly recently.

A woman in my town couldn't even sell a land (to me) that she bought with her own money while married, without the consent (and signature) of her FIRST son.

Unless she bought the land BEFORE marrying the man, the land belongs to the dead man's surviving SON or surviving immediate male relations.

I know that this often comes across as misogynistic, but the Igbo envisaged these types of scenarios and instituted a culture that prevents it.

A man can love and "marry-in" a woman; but a woman cannot "marry-in" a man. That creates chaos in the family system.

Igbo ancestors were sages.

The lazy man should go and buy his own land, and take his proposed wife there.
He cannot "buy" another man's sweat just by "climbing". cheesy E no dey work like dat. cool
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Amayabor1: 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Some men are very shameless and useless. You want to marry a woman , after marriage, you plan to stay in the house her late husband built. The woman will also open a business for you on her late husband's land...

I'm 70% sure the man is from Imo.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Caaz: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=125750470][/quote]
Disturbed teenagers.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by okoroemeka(m): 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

I think your best option is to report her to the family kindred,I don't know if you have such but in the southeast every family has an umunna that deals with such,but in my community if a widow wants to remarry she must forfeit all her previous husband assets and liabilities and move in with her new husband,nobody is against her remarrying but she will give up her dead husband's properties,even for her new intending husband to move in to your father's house is taboo upon taboo,take the case to the community chief,but I don't know your customs such thing maybe permitted in your region,but in imo state the firstborn inherits his father's house solely and other properties will be shared with his brothers.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Freelancer247: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
Stevenbright:
Don't fight as some people are suggesting. It will be difficult since your mom is against you.

Think about it. With the early nature of her moves, you might not be safe as because if care is not taking, your dad's death might even be suspicious!

Words on marble!

Deep letters.

hoperite.com
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Ortintin: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
See am not feeling too well, but I will give u a little advice.

Never let money or things related to wealth comes between you and your family for then family bonds becomes weak. Money crushes everything these days. Blood is thicker tgan water and money is thicker than blood.

So what do you?
Sit your mum down and sincerely beg her, support ger relationship with the man and even if you can facilitate his moving in. Show him kindness and be sincere about this. Remember am using the word sincere, you are not trying to be nice so as to punish them later but sincerely being nice. Eventually if the man is a con he will show his color and if he is a good man well am sure he will bring something good to your life.

Besides tell you ur mum to reverse the curse and pray for you. God can bless you with your own mansion and you even buy houses for your mum and even the man. Don't drag anything.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by pongwa(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

It's her property.
She's not going anywhere. Let him go and build his own house.
in whose culture? There is no Nigerian culture that permits a woman to do that. Prove me wrong
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Osleez(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2023
I will only advice you to go work my brother...
Pretend your father left nothing and strive to be a man.

No reason in this life is worth recieving a curse from your mother.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by fineberry(m): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
Sorry to say....but I doubt if your mum was ever a good wife. Na this kind woman dey kill their husband bcus of another man.

OP take your stand, consult elders and be prayerful, the weapon of our warfare are not carnal o. Ire
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by benqo01(m): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

OP THIS IS VERY HARD FOR YOU,IF YOU CAN GET YOUR LATE FATHER WILL I THINK THAT WILL HELP AS WELL GET A LAWYER TOO

AS FOR YOUR MOTHER SHE IS DEEPLY INTO THAT MAN,AND REMEMBER YOU CANT ADVISE OR CONVINCE A WOMAN WHO IS DEEPLY IN LOVE, DEY CAN DO ANYTHING FOR THE MAN DEY LOVE.

THAT MAN WILL START GRADUALLY TAKING POSSESSIONS OF THINGS IN THAT HOUSE IF YOUR MUM ISNT CAREFUL COS SHE WILL BE GIVING HIM FREE ACCESS TO EVERYTHING SHE HAS TO BE VERY CAREFUL.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by prophetfire: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

Your mum has been baptised with a egregious Gbola.
She's a lost cause because the gbola has reformated her medulla oblongata.
Only deliverance prayers can help her.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by BluntCrazeMan: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

Hmmm..

So, because of a lover (and properties) , a mother and her only child is having serious issues.

Meanwhile, that man is smart.
He is eating the brain of the woman.
But the woman has fallen yakataa..
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by BluntCrazeMan: 11:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kingosytex:
Your mama don love up be dat cheesy
I laugh each time I hear people say that women are tight fisted, the truth here is that a woman in love can do anything for her man, it's a fact.
My cousin once paused her own studies and used my uncles wealth and every every to push her man up the ladders. Women are radical lovers.

Back to matter, don't ever allow your mum to move the said man to your dad's house and/or set up any business on your father's land. The outcome isn't going to be in your favour, the man is certainly going to take a mile from the inches your mother is about to offer him.
Be wise and approach the matter with utmost caution.
Table this to your council of elders. Where I'm from, she dare not entertain such thoughts let alone making efforts to bring them to fruition.

Well..
Unless the guy is not the “true” son of his later father..
If not,, he should consult the kindred..
(The wife belongs to the family,, and the son is from the family... The family owns the wife, so she should keep all the properties for the son, and not make any use of any of the properties without the permission of the son)

But if they man and woman were doing baby-daddy and baby-mama things,, then, the son won't be seen as coming from the family, so they cannot intervene.. And the baby-mama is non-existent in their eyes. So, if the family get to know that their son had any properties, they will definitely go and drag it with the lady.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by ruffhandu: 4:47am On Sep 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Why can't she live in her own home? The emotional comments on this thread are pathetic.

Men supporting men in the mud.
You mean bringing another man into her late husbands home? Listen, the home is hers as long as she sticks with her late husbands offspring, the moment she chooses to attach to another man, she loses those rights. The new man wretched like that?
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Tzar(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2023
I hope his mum can hand over the docs. This will clear all the doubts and mistrust.
My concern is that she is even planning to carve out a potion of the property for the man friends use… this will not only make the mistrust worse , it is a recipe for disaster. The mum who is supposed to be the one balancing pent up emotions here is the one stirring bad blood.
I think she can marry anyone she wants, she shouldn’t just destroy her relationship with her kids while finding happiness that may even be temporary.
Even in Western societies, a man who depends on his woman for habitation and wellbeing like this boyfriend is doing will eventually become effeminated… IT RARELY WORKS OUT IN MOST CASES. This relationship dynamics is just warped. Worst still in an African society, it is just a bad decision.

TenQ:

I actually don't want to meddle in the affairs of this man and the mother. Events may determine the options available for them. They may be living in different states and the wife prefer to stay resident where she used to live.

No one will complain if a Nigerian man about to wed his girlfriend living in Texas, USA decides to leave Nigeria and live in her house after marriage in America.

However, the important thing is not being emotional about things especially with respect to the document of the house. They should ask their mum to give them in trust.

If this is done,
1. Their mother can marry in peace the man of her dreams
2. The children know that their father's properties are insured in their names.

I find it strange when educated guys are looking forward to inheritance from their father instead of seeing how to build their own wealth
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by TenQ: 7:58am On Sep 13, 2023
Tzar:
I hope his mum can hand over the docs. This will clear all the doubts and mistrust.
My concern is that she is even planning to carve out a potion of the property for the man friends use… this will not only make the mistrust worse , it is a recipe for disaster. The mum who is supposed to be the one balancing pent up emotions here is the one stirring bad blood.
I think she can marry anyone she wants, she shouldn’t just destroy her relationship with her kids while finding happiness that may even be temporary.
Even in Western societies, a man who depends on his woman for habitation and wellbeing like this boyfriend is doing will eventually become effeminated… IT RARELY WORKS OUT IN MOST CASES. This relationship dynamics is just warped. Worst still in an African society, it is just a bad decision.

I agree with you.
Love has formated the brain of the woman. She can protect her children's asset from their father by giving them the document of the house.

If the woman dies, the Husband has to go as he doesn't own the property.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

After 14 Years Of Infertility, Man Loses His Wife And Child During Delivery / What Made You Decide To Get Married? / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.