Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

See Why My Mother Cursed Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See Why My Mother Cursed Me (22989 Views)

My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller / My Mother Cursed Me. / Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by MySolace: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:
I live with my mother, a single mother, since I lost my dad over a year ago and we haven't been having issues until recently
The problem with my mother is that she wants to remarry but I never wanted that because she planned to move in to the house my father built.

After a heated argument, she claimed the house as hers but I rejected! I didn't stop her from marrying any man but what I am against is moving the man into my father's house. More to that, she planned to open a business for her husband to be on my father's land. I know the consequence of allowing that to happen: he will later claim the land.

Since my mom met this man she stopped treating me like a son. One of her sisters told me that the man was disturbing my mom to send me out of the house so he can move in asap.

When I approached my mom with this, she cursed me because she believes I'm against her will.

How do I prevent this man from taking what belongs to me?
Involve ur kingsmen asap... Dey know how to rubbish such move. Esp d incorruptible ones among dem.

If she chooses to stay den she stays, if she chooses to remarry, she should get out of her late husband's house. What an insult to d dead!! angry

Stand ur ground. Am happy ure a man, if to say u were a woman, maybe ur legs would b shakky, but being a man, u're ur father. No one should take ur father's labour under ur nose.

Like I said, if ur mother wants to stay let her stay. But if she wants to remarry, she should forgo her late husband's house. U no get reasonable uncle's sef?
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by TenQ: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
membranus:

So when the guy is sent out of his own father's house by his lustful mother and her scamming gold digging gigolo, where would the guy be sleeping after? Under bridge?

If it is you, would you accept this unreasonable advice you are dissing out to him?
He is not a boy.
A real man should build his own house : do you disagree?
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by TenQ: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Tzar:
This is the most useless advice in the world.
Why ain’t you questioning why a full grown man wants to move into a woman’s house??
You ask the child to go build his house, but didn’t ask the gold digging manfriend of the h0rny mother to go build his house & move his wife into HIS own house. What kind of uselessness are you talking about?! Why are some Nigerians so unintelligent?!
I didn't speak of the Husband to be. I spoke only of the mother and son. It his the man's business if he wants to pack into his wives house. I am not privy to why the man and his mother agreed to that.

But the young man should act with wisdom: convince the mum to give the document of the house to the children in trust. This takes care of any eventual problem in the future.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by TenQ: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
id4sho:

Yeye talk
Agboju'logun!

Do you know the meaning?
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by archdaura(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:
I live with my mother, a single mother, since I lost my dad over a year ago and we haven't been having issues until recently
The problem with my mother is that she wants to remarry but I never wanted that because she planned to move in to the house my father built.

After a heated argument, she claimed the house as hers but I rejected! I didn't stop her from marrying any man but what I am against is moving the man into my father's house. More to that, she planned to open a business for her husband to be on my father's land. I know the consequence of allowing that to happen: he will later claim the land.

Since my mom met this man she stopped treating me like a son. One of her sisters told me that the man was disturbing my mom to send me out of the house so he can move in asap.

When I approached my mom with this, she cursed me because she believes I'm against her will.

I'm not a legal expert, but I can offer some general suggestions to help you address this situation without involving a lawyer:

1. **Open Communication**: Try to have an open and honest conversation with your mother. Express your concerns calmly and respectfully. Let her know how much the house and land mean to you and why you're worried about the potential consequences.

2. **Mediation**: Consider involving a trusted family member or friend to mediate the discussion between you and your mother. Having a neutral third party can sometimes help in resolving conflicts.

3. **Document Your Concerns**: Keep a record of any conversations or actions that may be relevant to the situation. This documentation can be useful if you need to discuss this with your mother or others involved.

4. **Explore Compromise**: See if there is room for compromise. Maybe your mother can remarry, but you can discuss alternative living arrangements or business locations that don't involve your father's house and land.

5. **Seek Family Counseling**: If the situation remains tense, consider family counseling or therapy to help address the emotional aspects of this conflict and find solutions that work for everyone.

6. **Legal Consultation as a Last Resort**: If all else fails, and you genuinely believe your rights are at risk, you may need to consult a lawyer for advice on how to protect your interests. However, it's often best to explore less adversarial solutions first, especially when dealing with family matters.

Remember that maintaining a respectful and understanding approach in your discussions can go a long way in resolving family conflicts.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by TenQ: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
Toktee:
Get well soon.
Agbo'ju logun!

Do you know the meaning?
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by membranus: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
TenQ:

He is not a boy.
A real man should build his own house : do you disagree?

How many "real men" have the means to build a house?

If it is possible, then there won't be any tenant anywhere in the world.

However, I believe you are saying all these with tongues in your cheeks.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by delishpot: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

You are not serious, that house belongs to your mom. Unless your dad outrightly gave it to you before he passed. Stop dragging the woman's property.
As for her man claiming it later, I hope she is not too love struck to make him the legal owner. She can still put a clause that once she passes the property goes to her kids. But in reality OP, that property she is the rightful owner for now.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by ruffhandu: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

Approach your relatives and summon her. She can remarry, but whe has to leave the former husband's household, go raise a new family in your new husband's house. Make it clear to her. And also find a way to reach out to your maternal uncles (her relatives) and summon her there too. Let your maternal uncles reach out to the new husband and read the riot acts to him. She cannot do what she wants to do, let her marry and go with her husband, not in her late husband's house.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Xkale1996(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

guy no gree o

Go to human right and report the matter Asap
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Xkale1996(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

how comes ur dad just die last year and your mother has started misbehaving anyhow

Guy no Greee as I tell you
Report them to human right
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Tzar(m): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
Well, the truth is that gold diggers (male and female) are very dangerous. They are driven by laziness, greed and selfishness. He can wipe off all her kids prior to marrying her and compel her to hand over the house docs to him or the children they both have, excluding the kids whose father built the house. I have seem such horror happen in Nigeria before.
The woman should ask her new found love to be a REAL MAN & go get his own house.
Even asking the woman to kick out her son so that they both enjoy the fruit of the poor boy’s father’s labor is sacrilegious!
The boy has done nothing wrong challenging the mother. Traditionally, if they are Yorubas, the house belongs to the kids not the woman… even without a will. Children just allow their mothers to control their late father’s properties out of love and respect. Unfortunately, these mothers are turning the culture upside down.
It is even almost an abomination for a man to want to move into his wife’s house. But, this time she is not even the sole owner of the house. It is jointly owned by her and her kids even if we want to be liberal and considerate.

TenQ:

I didn't speak of the Husband to be. I spoke only of the mother and son. It his the man's business if he wants to pack into his wives house. I am not privy to why the man and his mother agreed to that.

But the young man should act with wisdom: convince the mum to give the document of the house to the children in trust. This takes care of any eventual problem in the future.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by BRATISLAVA: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

This appears childish.

Even if she doesn't live with him in the house your father built, even if they live on Mars to make you happy, he is automatically the co-owner of that property.

It doesn't belong to you. It belongs to your parents. And your step-father to-be is a parent. Irregardless of his motive. Unless you kill him. But you dare not.

So let it be. You don't want her happiness for your selfish reasons. You're a greedy son.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by pongwa(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

throw your mother out of your father's property once she remarries
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by BRATISLAVA: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2023
pongwa:
throw your mother out of your father's property once she remarries

It's her property.
She's not going anywhere. Let him go and build his own house.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by BRATISLAVA: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
Xkale1996:
how comes ur dad just die last year and your mother has started misbehaving anyhow

Guy no Greee as I tell you
Report them to human right

She has every right to remarry. And she is the rightful owner of the house. If the man needs to live with her, it's her choice.

Unless men really hate themselves, it shouldn't be a problem.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by BRATISLAVA: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
ruffhandu:

Approach your relatives and summon her. She can remarry, but whe has to leave the former husband's household, go raise a new family in your new husband's house. Make it clear to her. And also find a way to reach out to your maternal uncles (her relatives) and summon her there too. Let your maternal uncles reach out to the new husband and read the riot acts to him. She cannot do what she wants to do, let her marry and go with her husband, not in her late husband's house.

Why can't she live in her own home? The emotional comments on this thread are pathetic.

Men supporting men in the mud.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Dickson178(m): 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
Be spiritual strong brotherly... That man alone can go extra miles for you. And make sure you table the case to your uncles and your village elders . The Lord is your strength brotherly. Move in silent,keep it cool like nothing happened.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Michaelkelvin1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

have you tried talking to your uncles aunty's about this too? Maybe they can have a way to guide you and your properties from the stranger and that way he can know he's limit and boundaries
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by dondodo: 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
Ogaaaaaa shine ya eye before that fortune hunter turn you into slave in your own paradise. Report to your fathers relatives I'm speaking from experience
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Dhury: 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2023
Mhizzard:
Why are some man so mannerless,you wish not to work but you cheerfully want to eat from where you didn't sow
hmm. The woman just want be a sugar mummy to the man.which kind husband the man will be.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by TenQ: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
Tzar:
Well, the truth is that gold diggers (male and female) are very dangerous. They are driven by laziness, greed and selfishness. He can wipe off all her kids prior to marrying her and compel her to hand over the house docs to him or the children they both have, excluding the kids whose father built the house. I have seem such horror happen in Nigeria before.
The woman should ask her new found love to be a REAL MAN & go get his own house.
Even asking the woman to kick out her son so that they both enjoy the fruit of the poor boy’s father’s labor is sacrilegious!
The boy has done nothing wrong challenging the mother. Traditionally, if they are Yorubas, the house belongs to the kids not the woman… even without a will. Children just allow their mothers to control their late father’s properties out of love and respect. Unfortunately, these mothers are turning the culture upside down.
It is even almost an abomination for a man to want to move into his wife’s house. But, this time she is not even the sole owner of the house. It is jointly owned by her and her kids even if we want to be liberal and considerate.

I actually don't want to meddle in the affairs of this man and the mother. Events may determine the options available for them. They may be living in different states and the wife prefer to stay resident where she used to live.

No one will complain if a Nigerian man about to wed his girlfriend living in Texas, USA decides to leave Nigeria and live in her house after marriage in America.

However, the important thing is not being emotional about things especially with respect to the document of the house. They should ask their mum to give them in trust.

If this is done,
1. Their mother can marry in peace the man of her dreams
2. The children know that their father's properties are insured in their names.

I find it strange when educated guys are looking forward to inheritance from their father instead of seeing how to build their own wealth

1 Like

Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by TenQ: 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
membranus:

How many "real men" have the means to build a house?

If it is possible, then there won't be any tenant anywhere in the world.

However, I believe you are saying all these with tongues in your cheeks.

I am deadly serious

However, the important thing is not being emotional about things especially with respect to the document of the house. They should ask their mum to give them the documents to the properties in trust while she marries her man

If this is done,
1. Their mother can marry in peace the man of her dreams
2. The children know that their father's properties are insured in their names.

I find it strange when educated guys are looking forward to inheritance from their father instead of seeing how to build their own wealth
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Ubanz: 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
Your Dad died a little below 2 yrs ago and ur mum now wants to empower her boyfriend.
The cause of ur Dad's death is not Farfetched.
Let your family elders wade into the matter.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Bfly: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
If you can beat the man. Pls beat the hell out of him. Let people start asking questions.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Mhizzard(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
Dhury:
hmm. The woman just want be a sugar mummy to the man.which kind husband the man will be.
lol sugar mummy,if that will be the case then it would be her own property/money that she works for not the one it is own by people.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by cosmos1440: 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Get a very good lawyer who is very versed in family matters.
Don't think about the cost.
Get a very good lawyer fast and ASAP
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Mhizzard(m): 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Dhury:

you are asking what type of man would he be,of course he would be like 'my husband is coming to gives me money'.he is no more a man again
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Edusouls(m): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
Ladiesdream:
Matter too much for this life. Be spiritually strong, that's all I can say.
my brothaaaa this life infact tire person wahala no Dey finish
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by justmondris: 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
I don't care about the reason but if you are wise and you value your future, go and beg her for forgiveness and tell her to cancel it.
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by Sijo01(f): 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2023
Troll
Re: See Why My Mother Cursed Me by DrDunamis(m): 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
efelicity:

Go to court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Narrates How Lady Who Humiliated His Dad Years Back Suffered Ill-luck / What Made You Decide To Get Married? / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.