Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court (2291 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / APC Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement On APC Rivers Candidates / 8 Questions Peter Obi Must Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by Globad(f): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2023
jconsulting:

My brother don't waste your energy on Obi , he can never win any election in Nigeria again, 2027 new candidate will come up to scatter his chances, he has ridiculed INEC and Judiciary, his poitical career is over, i will rather vote for Rochas than Obi who is liar .

Let his brain dead supporters keep mourning their loss , 2027 is a different ball game entirely. He will not even be on the ballot.

You're right. He has used desperation to burn his political career
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by obembet(f): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2023
nikky5:
Peter Obi is no doubt a good man in character. I like him for his humility and civility. The fact remains that politics is a game of numbers and a winner must emerge. Obi changed the narrative of the political landscape in Nigeria. It's rather unfortunate that he lost the 2023 Presidential election.

The PEPT judgement on his petitions against the incumbent president also affirmed that Obi actually lost the election with a distant third position. But that's not the end of the world. He needs to accept the verdict and congratulate Asiwaju. That will be a demonstration of good sportsmanship.

Obi must not proceed to the Supreme Court for redress if he wants to remain relevant in Nigeria politics. If APC had fielded Osinbajo, he would have been nowhere. He was able to garner support of Nigerians because of APC Muslim Muslim ticket.

Barely 72 hours to the presidential election, all his 36 states chairmen had told him that he cannot win the election. He lost.

If he goes to the supreme Court to seek his lost but not stolen mandate, he should expect the following:

1. He will surely lose. He has no chance of winning or reclaiming a lost mandate. He will end up wasting his time and money.

2. Labour party has welcomed the judgement of PEPT on Obi's petition. His part knew he cannot win the case. I foresee Obi leaving Labour party.

3. Obi may retire from partisan politics because he may no longer enjoy the support of Labour party. The PDP and APC may not welcome him.

4. As a result of his imminent defeat at the Supreme Court, the obidients will lose their support base especially those from the south west and North Central.

Now, let's ask ourselves this all important question, is politics a do or die affair?

On ur last question, politics is a business, only foolish supporters insult others cos of politicians
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by Phantom233: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2023
Obi is a multi billionaires he'snot complaining of money wasted but fighting for you. We all saw how the corrupt element called INEC chairman went round the globe making promises and assuring Nigerians that the elections will be transmitted in real time only for him to shift the goal post at the middle of the game just to suit his paymasters. And went ahead to announce a winner at the middle of the night even when results were not fully compiled. In Nigeria everything goes, so it's important for a judicial precedence to be set cos one day bushmeat go catch the Hunter. Things need to be done the right way else no one can predict the future of Nigeria. Even the whites had predicted that Nigeria will break-up by 2015, that's why johnathan chickenned- out and accepted defeat in order to prevent bloodshed.
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2023
nikky5:
Peter Obi is no doubt a good man in character. I like him for his humility and civility. The fact remains that politics is a game of numbers and a winner must emerge. Obi changed the narrative of the political landscape in Nigeria. It's rather unfortunate that he lost the 2023 Presidential election.

The PEPT judgement on his petitions against the incumbent president also affirmed that Obi actually lost the election with a distant third position. But that's not the end of the world. He needs to accept the verdict and congratulate Asiwaju. That will be a demonstration of good sportsmanship.

Obi must not proceed to the Supreme Court for redress if he wants to remain relevant in Nigeria politics. If APC had fielded Osinbajo, he would have been nowhere. He was able to garner support of Nigerians because of APC Muslim Muslim ticket.

Barely 72 hours to the presidential election, all his 36 states chairmen had told him that he cannot win the election. He lost.

If he goes to the supreme Court to seek his lost but not stolen mandate, he should expect the following:

1. He will surely lose. He has no chance of winning or reclaiming a lost mandate. He will end up wasting his time and money.

2. Labour party has welcomed the judgement of PEPT on Obi's petition. His part knew he cannot win the case. I foresee Obi leaving Labour party.

3. Obi may retire from partisan politics because he may no longer enjoy the support of Labour party. The PDP and APC may not welcome him.

4. As a result of his imminent defeat at the Supreme Court, the obidients will lose their support base especially those from the south west and North Central.

Now, let's ask ourselves this all important question, is politics a do or die affair?

Save us your homilies. Obi don reach Supreme Court already.
The Supreme Court must be given the opportunity either say the truth or stamp electoral criminality into law in full glare of the whole world.

Judicial diagnosis of the ills wrong with Nigeria is sacrosanct. All eyes remain on Judiciary.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by Naijanascam: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2023
DrMPH:

Exactly. That's what they hate to hear. We want a precedence to be established so that there will be no doubt in anyone's mind about the fate of this nation. They can reinforce the PEPC judgment if they want, but it will bring closure to all those who still believe in constitutional democracy in Nigeria. I wonder why they're so pained PO is going to SC.

You just analized everything verbatim....
God bless you real good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by Jashub: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Benwallt:

This is not seeking justice. It's called chasing shadows. Obi's case is an illusion caressed by dregs of misinformed brigade of lunatics wearing fine clothing and armed with mobile phone
So Tinubu's drug case and his supporters would be what ? Can you see how delusional you are
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by Jashub: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
Majesty7:

Can you point out the injustice and the illegality? How Obi won or how he was striped?
I'm not talking about Obi winning . I'm talking of how the drug lord's criminal history in Chicago can be ruled by the as a civilian case under the PETP. Or does that now mean that criminals can now run for office in Nigeria under the constitution
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by Benwallt(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
Jashub:
So Tinubu's drug case and his supporters would be what ? Can you see how delusional you are

I got just one question for you jackass.

Can you tell me one person in the history of US that has/has anything affiliation to drug dealing that didn't go to jail for it?

I know your thoughtless answer will be Tinubu.

Why? Tell me why he didn't make it to jail
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by Jashub: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2023
Benwallt:

I got just one question for you jackass.

Can you tell me one person in the history of US that has/has anything affiliation to drug dealing that didn't go to jail for it?

I know your thoughtless answer will be Tinubu.

Why? Tell me why he didn't make it to jail
It's stupid to answer a question with a question. So back to my question for you :

So Tinubu's drug case and his supporters would be what ?
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by ChronicGp(m): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2023
Atiku never ready to hands down Na Obi....dey play
Re: See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court by complexstuffs(m): 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2023
DrMPH:

Exactly. That's what they hate to hear. We want a precedence to be established so that there will be no doubt in anyone's mind about the fate of this nation. They can reinforce the PEPC judgment if they want, but it will bring closure to all those who still believe in constitutional democracy in Nigeria. I wonder why they're so pained PO is going to SC.

Jashub:
I struggle to understand how some stupid people can see corruption and be at peace with it.

Anyway, mediocrity has always been a norm among Nigerians so seeking justice through the legal process isn't something some Nigerians can understand undecided

mrvitalis:

The illegality must be made into laws by the Supreme Court

1) Peter Obi fought Chris Ngige in court, won and became governor in March 2006 but the judgement wasn't bought

2) Peter Obi was impeached in November, 2006 but he went to court and won in February 2007 but the judgement was great

3) Peter Obi also went to court to extend his tenor in court so that he could spend his 4 year tenure. He also won that case but the judgement was fantastic

This is the first and only loss Peter Obi will have and suddenly the Judiciary is now suddenly filled with injustice, corrupt, bastardized etc all because he had a watery and silly case

That means Peter Obi also bought his judgements in all the cases he has been winning all these years

(1) (2) (Reply)

Putting Food On The Table Or Sending Satelite Into Space / ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate / Obasanjo Wants To Run My Govt – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.