Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab (11701 Views)

How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo / Biafra: UK Dailymail Call Nnamdi Biafra Activist And Buhari A Terrorist / Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by wellheads(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Karpenter,
You portray the typical ignorance which most non-muslims exhibit when it comes to Islam. Just as agoshofin said, Islam is a religion of peace. It is however true that some people carry out heinous crimes in the name of Islam, even though Islam outrightly condemns such acts. For instance, Islam does not allow you to carry arms against those who do not carry arms against you.

Please you may criticize muslims who do wrong things, but not Islam

karpenter:

What a comparison! Is Islam a country that was being invaded by pagans of mecca? How were the pagans oppressing Islam? By not believing? Must you fight to convince unbelievers? Nah by force? That is mostly what Islam is all about. Stop beating about the bush.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Ogosoga: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
This guy is just a full, why would someone fight for God, does it means that his God is weak or what?
Please Muslem should put me through if their God is weak to fight for himself, but I don't think so.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by OCHULORC(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
I guess he reads his own koran upside down, scallywag of a boy.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Ayowumie(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
This is a surprise. How come he suddenly decided to plead guilty?
I guess, he was promised a soft landing. By not stressing the prosecution counsel, his jail term may not be more than 30 years without parole
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by MurphyG1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ karpenter,
I don't know if u have been reading the Qur'an or your judgements have always been what people say about the contents of Quran. But I will also say that islam is a religion of PEACE. Islam never preaches terrorism and infact it is the religion that discourages and frowns at the attack of innocent people.
Secondly Abdulmutallab is NOT an epitome of what Islam preaches or wht the Quran says. There are ofcourse places in the Quran where muslims are encouraged to fight but only in self defence.
Again God said in the Quran that there should be NO COMPULSION to religion. This is in suratul Kaafiruun, chapter 109. I can write the translation if you want.
All I want is for you to take a Quran with translation and tell me with context where Islam preaches violence if not in self defence.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by CHIMSKY(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
While I  am certain that Islam is not a religion of violence and that not every moslem is a terrorist,have you noticed the seeming code of silence that all Islamic leaders observe when a moslem is alleged to have been involved in violence against Christians?You could for want of a better word, almost call it complicity.You always hear C.A.N. and other Christian leaders condemning acts of religious violence.How many times have u heard the Sultan/President General,Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs say anything since the Post-Election Violence in April?
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by agoshofin(m): 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ Karpenter, I really hate religious arguments o, The main txt dat we all are commenting said that the weight of evidence was probably a reason for his plea, I'm talking from the point of view of his trial, I did not in anyway justify his act, He has contributed to whateva name islam is called, we have rebels in all religions, Did u not read dat I topped my class in Christian Religious Knowledge & Bible Knowledge subjects Guess it was cuz I adviced u to learn more dat got on ur spine, my apologies, remain ignorant,

See, just read d context and analyse, don't be a bigot, which religion in d world says it's safe to kill?, whether he pleas guilty or no guilty, he will still be convicted, the trial is just for him to come and say his own part of the story, if not the fact that he was a muslim, he could ve pleaded insanity, & the next we hear is brain scanners installed at the airports,

Don't miss my point>>>> I still say that Islam is a religion of peace irrespective of what some ppl made it to be, if u're in doubt do some reading on Bhuddism or Humanism, tongue tongue tongue

Ayowumie:
I thought I was saying dat it may be a result of his fada's invite in January & sm1 wanted to get my jugular, Karpenter, u no dey watch action film??/?

I seriously believe he did d wise thing, cuz d whole trial woulda been unneccessary drama, lets face issues like removal of subsidy squarely, instead of having divided attention on Muttalab,
This is a surprise. How come he suddenly decided to plead guilty?
I guess, he was promised a soft landing. By not stressing the prosecution counsel, his jail term may not be more than 30 years without parole
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by AlabaSlim: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
ABDULMUTTAL is Indeed a TRU MUSLIM unlyk d oda guyz who r pretendin here
a tru muslim mus/should bhave lyk d ARABZ/BOKO HARAMITEz/ALMAJIRIZs(d guyz r givin us d tru meanin of ISLAM
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by AlabaSlim: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
ABDULMUTTAL is Indeed a TRU MUSLIM unlyk d oda guyz who r pretendin here
a tru muslim mus/should bhave lyk d ARABZ/BOKO HARAMITEz/ALMAJIRIZs(d guyz r givin us d tru meanin of ISLAM
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by whosefault(f): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
maybe we should say Muslim is trying had to gain relevance in the world. we have other religions like erkanka, Scientology, hari chrishina, buda, Juda name it; have you heard any of this religion been acused of any crime? everywhere in the world, what you hear on CNN is Islam, Aljazera is Islam, BBC is Islam, haba. prophet Mohammed family would never forgive people that are spoiling the religion their son fought had to build all in the name of jihad.  even babalawo preaches peace.
when Muslim are fasting, the whole world is at peace. the very day they end the fast, business continues, bombing, bombing, bombing. kai.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by whosefault(f): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
it's only in Islam we hear the word "kill" like "celebration" in other religion,
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Baawaa(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
Let him tell the story to his daddy!!!
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by mallorca(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2011
Silly boy
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by okunoba(m): 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
Islam religion of peace? Only if u believe in a make believe World. The Founder of Islam, Mohammed was involve in over 50 wars. Find below:History of Islamic conquest starting with Prophet/General Mohammed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by okunboy: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2011
pls go to this site to read about Islam in muhammed's own words:
http://prophetofdoom.net/

It is quite revealing if you have the time to study it.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by DonRichie(m): 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm introducing a new, strong and powerful website that offers the following: Free internet browsing, free downloads, tutorials and much more. Just visit www.upnaija.com to enjoy. Make sure you invite others on the internet by posting the link anywhere on the internet.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by DonRichie(m): 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hello everyone,  I'm introducing a new, strong and powerful website that offers the following: Free internet browsing, free downloads, tutorials and much more. Just visit www.upnaija.com to enjoy. Make sure you invite others on the internet by posting the link anywhere on the internet.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Yem2ram(m): 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
Let stop becoming an antagonist and learn the rightful lesson from mutalab's story.No religion will ever preaches one harming your neighbor, mutalab was a victim of home training,shows he wasn't trained well If you follow his story.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Yomee: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Kaperter. As your name suggest, you certainly have sawdust in your head in place of brain .You don't seem to be able to listen to others and reason. With comments like yours and that of Mr Blood Shed, it potrays the idiosyncrasy of bullish and intolerant fellows.
What of Rev. King saga? Are your memories so shallow to have forgotten so soon. How many people were burnt alive, maimed and killed by him and other pastors we've read about? I can give you several other vices being perpetrated daily in churches all in the name of God!
So, that also suggest that Christianity is a violent religion?
Look, you guys should stop taunting people other faiths.
Mention just one incident of religious violence or extremism among the South-Western Muslims. Two governors in Lagos state (one of them currently serving) are Muslims, but their wives are Christains. This shows the degree of tolerance and maturity of Southern Muslims. Can you (with your holy than thou pretence) accommodate such?
Please, grow up and make conscious efforts to think before "spilling."
As for Mr. Blood Shed, the Bible already has a reply for him: - "It is the insane that denies the existence of God." Q.E.D.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Yomee: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Kenezi. Go and get yourself a copy of Da Vinci code. Then and only then will you be set free of your intellectual bereavement. Pronto!
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Origin(f): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
Due to the education system in Nigeria, it seems that people know CRK than IRK: thus the argument. pls look for good sites to learn about each others' religion
D Law says "hear the other party".U al ignored d why of dis bombins. they r REACTING to the DEATH of loved ones. Innocent blood has bn shed!
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Origin(f): 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
Due to the education system in Nigeria, it seems that people know CRK than IRK: thus the argument. pls look for good sites to learn about each others' religion
D Law says "hear the other party".U al ignored d why of dis bombins.they r REACTING to the DEATHS of loved ones. Innocent blood has bn shed!
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Origin(f): 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
D Law says "hear the other party".U al ignored d why of dis bombins.they r REACTING to the DEATHS of loved ones. Innocent blood has bn shed!
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Exponental(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
Rest In Pieces.
As he desires
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Lilshaddy(m): 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
There are alot of fools and idiots in this site,why would you condemn islam just because a member tried to bomb a plane,stay with your belief's while we also stay wit ours,spoilin islam just because u're a christian,why dont u guys leave it for God to decide and stop bein one sided,God will surely judge us all
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by whyx06(m): 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
christian just only like criticising ISLAM
when AMERICANs her terrorisn some islamist countries in d world, you guys don't see them but when it came to MUSLIM you we now be saying RUBBISH
N'delta as an example in Nigeria came and you could not heard from any MUSLIMs dat it's the work of a christian
But @d turn of boko araM, you are shouting 'ISLAM IS NOT a PEACEFUL religion .'
Lastly, if AMERICANS should try to kill MUTALLIB and continue to terrorise islamist countries in d world. We muslim will stand up and battle against the enemies of ISLAM.
(JIHAD-, Stand up against ur ENEMIES.)
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by musiwa43: 12:14am On Oct 18, 2011
This young man have been brain wash. You see in nigeria, imam and pastors etc brain wash people. From listen to him, he is brain washed. It hard to untie the brain of a brain wash person.

It took me time to come out of brain wash of nigeria churches. The imam and pastors all do it. they lie in the name of God and most of the people who listen to them, mostly believe them because they are charismatic. Even while what they are doing is brain washing people to get money or do something illegal for their own selfish interest.  This is typical of nigeria. even the nigeria govt should be blame for this young man problem.

Ok , Abdulmuttalab  hate developed I would assume back in Nigeria. It all started even before Abdulmuttalab  was born when britain amalgamated nigeria .  So there have been so many cover up by the nigeria govt. The census is the first major problem. the figures are wrong.

You see to get elected into office in nigeria, the census matter , so all of the ethnic group in nigeria lied about their census to get position and share of the federal revenue.
So this lies continue , until the satellite pictures came. And guess what since the USA was the one showing the satellite pictures hate developed against the USA, because many of the ethnic group which have claim they are millions , do not like that way on satellite pictures.

the picture also resolve some land claim. for many years the ijaw people have falsely claim ownership of warri, but when you look at the satellite pictures. you will see that even before you get to warri from the Ijaw territory of bayelsa state and its borders in delta state. there are many Uhrobo villages inbetween the Ijaws and the Itsekiri, what it means is that the ijaws have been telling lies all alone. Even the nigeria court is on the side of the itsekiri because of history, the ijaws never gave up. even this lead to genocide.

the samething about the so call anioma state. the satellite pictures shows us the history and owners of the area and not the false claim by the igbos. It prove the Igbos are immigrate like history say. because at the border of the river niger along onitsha , the villages are mostly name after benin names.   It is not possible to jump over people.

the same thing in the north and people claiming population.

What are the solution. even if they do a census, they will never agree.   so divided the nation to protect people life is better.

the army boys know that their life is the one in danger. they have no respect for politician, you cant blame them when your life may be at risk. they will overthrow the govt in a bloodly military coup since the politician  refuse to do something about it.

I am a yoruba man , and I look at the satallite pictures and i get piss off, so you can imagine what the nigeria army boys are going through. the army in nigeria is fearless. they dont give a shot1 even for a president or governor.  so the high risk to all of their lifes if they dont quickly break up nigeria.

But onething I will tell you. there will never be a niger delta republic, please quote me on this, because the Ikwerri igbos in river state. And the Igbos will never agree to that.so people who really talk about niger delta  republic do not know the history of nigeria. it will not happen.

On  Abdulmuttalab, alot of nigeria are brain washed by pastors and imam, so the high danger. you have even the alimajare, which are children raise by imam in the north. And many thousand go through this imam , so most of the imam are powerful. So there are high danger in nigeria. anything can happen.

It is going to be hard for Jonathan Goodluck or anybody to keep nigeria one, while cheating is not corrected. Not in nigeria. It is not possible. It will likely end up in a bloodly civil war. And no governor or president is worth the lifes of millions of people. This is why I said remove edo,delta and Yorubas,

Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by tuniski: 12:52am On Oct 18, 2011
mutallab is just a waste, religion is a fraud!
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by musiwa43: 12:58am On Oct 18, 2011
there is nothing wrong with religion, but there is something wrong with brain wash by pastors and imam to collect money or mislead people.
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by Judek2(m): 1:09am On Oct 18, 2011
Lol,d rugged guy wan bcome Islam legend. shocked

Dnt cast all blames on d trained dog,cos it must obey its master.
Islam is jst an irony of peace nd a proclaimer of Jihad,
Yes Jihad(holy war),i wnder wen war become divine, lipsrsealed undecided
Osama practiced it, If u can jst define Jihad witout d key word "KILL",or wat d leader said about it,den u can judge him frm his faith,
correction wellcomed,drags nd brags hellsends,
Re: Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab by johnblaze1: 1:28am On Oct 18, 2011
find out what abdulmuttalab said

http://blackenterpreurs..com/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote, Elumelu Jostle For 10 NIPP Power Plants / Appeal Court sack all 3 Rivers State Senators & 12 House of Representative Mems / FG Begins Oil Bloc Bid Rounds In May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.