Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? (299 Views)

A Loving God / The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by SarcasticWords: 10:19am On Sep 10, 2023
I am a father to two children. Being far older and wiser than them, I know that it is in their nature to disobey me.

Still, As father, it is my right to crave loyalty, obedience and submission from my children so I decided to give them one rule to test their obedience.

I kept a brand new mercedes car in the compound among with other cars, I removed the brakes from the mercedes car (don't ask me why) and left the key in an easily accessible area.

Then finally, I gave my children this warning: You can drive all other cars but nobody should drive that mercedes, if you drive it, you will die!.

Unfortunately, My children got information from a stranger they don't know, whom I allowed to be in my compound, that driving a Mercedes won't kill them, In fact it would make them become experienced drivers like me their father.

They listened to the stranger, disobeyed me their father, took the key, drove the Mercedes, got a fatal accident as a result of no brakes, they were bedridden in the hospital for months then they eventually died.

People are now pointing fingers at me, that I am a wicked and uncaring father. But that's not true. I did warn them of the consequences of driving that mercedes and I gave them other cars to drive.

My actions prove that I am a loving and caring father, right?
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 10:25am On Sep 10, 2023
Why didn't you tell your CHILDREN that you removed the brakes from the Benz since you know they are likely to disobey you?
And are you omniscience?

What you did is a crminal offence
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by SarcasticWords: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:
Why didn't you tell your CHILDREN that you removed the brakes from the Benz since you know they are likely to disobey you?
And are you omniscience?

What you did is a crminal offence

So you agree with those that claim I am wicked?
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2023
SarcasticWords:

This wickedness is as a result of lack of intelligence, there are better ways to test your CHILDREN.
also you can't crave loyalty or obedience to reality, you have to earn it.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2023
SarcasticWords:

You killed your child because of your selfish craving for submission but you are more concerned that people are calling you wicked.
Now you have lost the child, who are you going to test next to fulfill your cravings?
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

This wickedness is as a result of lack of intelligence, there are better ways to test your CHILDREN.
When you look at it carefully. He's neither right nor wrong. It could be anyone, maybe an outsider put out the warning but they'd still refused to heed. Take Adam and Eve for example, They could every fruit from every tree but one. And they still defied
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
When you look at it carefully. He's neither right nor wrong. It could be anyone, maybe an outsider put out the warning but they'd still refused to heed. Take Adam and Eve for example, They could every fruit from every tree but one. And they still defied
they ate the fruits of wisdom and knowledge, you want them to remain in ignorance and eating fruits for pleasure?

1 Like

Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:
they ate the fruits of wisdom and knowledge, you want them to remain in ignorance?
What's wisdom and knowledge in deliberately disobeying simple instructions? That to me is rebellion.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
What's wisdom and knowledge in deliberately disobeying simple instructions? That to me is rebellion.
Wisdom and knowledge to not remain a slave and serving other people.

1 Like

Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by KnownUnknown: 10:46am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

That’s something these slave minded hordes will never understand.

1 Like

Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

It's dumb. Curiosity and questioning everything is not smart. It's like warning a child on the dangers of playing with fire, and the child still decides to play with it.

1 Like

Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
It's dumb. Curiosity and questioning everything is not smart. It's like warning a child on the dangers of playing with fire, and the child still decides to play with it.
is like telling a child that education is bad and if he attains it he will die.
Wisdom is more important than bread/fruits
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:
is like telling a child that education is bad and if he attains it he will die.
Wisdom is more important than bread
This right here is exactly what's wrong with the present generation. There's so many what ifs. What if the car in question was not his to begin with? What if the brakes were intact but they'd still stubbornly refused to heed his advice? What if they'd bashed the car and it wasn't his? Your kids rebelling against you and questioning your every instruction is not wisdom. It is what a rude and not properly raised kid would do.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
kids rebelling against you and questioning your every instruction is not wisdom. It is what a rude and not properly raised kid woould do.
if I stop my kids from getting wisdom and thinking for themselves they have a right to rebel
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by SarcasticWords: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

Okay, I appreciate your thoughts. But why is all the blame on me?

What about my children? They literally choosed to drive a car that they've been told will kill them. That's a lack of intelligence on their part.

They listened to a stranger that they've never met and trusted his words. They had other cars to drive but choosed to drive the one I told them not to drive.

Actions have consequences. Unfortunately they had to learn that the hard way.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2023
SarcasticWords:

Okay, I appreciate your thoughts. But why is all the blame on me?

What about my children? They literally choosed to drive a car that they've been told will kill them. That's a lack of intelligence on their part.

They listened to a stranger that they've never met and trusted his words. They had other cars to drive but choosed to drive the one I told them not to drive.

Actions have consequences. Unfortunately they had to learn that the hard way.

You killed your child because of cravings, what is your gain now?
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 11:10am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:
if I stop my kids from getting wisdom and thinking for themselves they have a right to rebel
He knew they'd get into an accident because he knew the breaks were cut. But theyd rather listen to an outsider over their father. Are you saying you'd rather have kids who are disobedient to you?
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
He knew they'd get into an accident because he knew the breaks were cut. But theyd rather listen to an outsider over their father. Are you saying you'd rather have kids who are disobedient to you?
He was the one that cut the brakes,he also knew that the children will likely disobey him and he tested them because of his selfish cravings.
He is a murderer.. I prefer disobedient kids to dead kids, seems you like the opposite
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by SarcasticWords: 11:14am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

You killed your child because of cravings, what is your gain now?

A vital lesson to my future children that actions has consequences. Obedience to rules or laws are very important. Disobedience can cost you your life.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2023
SarcasticWords:

A vital lesson to my future children that actions has consequences. Obedience to rules or laws are very important. Disobedience can cost you your life.

.your actions too for intentionally killing your child because of cravings will also have consequences
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

He was the one that cut the brakes,he also knew that the children will likely disobey him and he tested them because of his selfish cravings.
He is a murderer
So you tell the child. Don't go near the fire or else you'll get burned. Then out of curiosity, what you think is woke, the child decides to go near the fire and as a expected, hurts himself. How is the father responsible for it?
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 11:21am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

He is a murderer.. I prefer disobedient kids to dead kids, seems you like the opposite
What did you mean you prefer a disobedient kid to a dead one? A disobedient kid is more likely to get into trouble than an obidient one.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:21am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
So you tell the child. Don't go near the fire or else you'll get burned. Then out of curiosity, what you think is woke, the child decides to go near the fire and as a expected, hurts himself. How is the father responsible for it?
why didn't op tell his children he intentionally cut the brakes and explain to the children the dangers of a brake not working?
Thats what a loving and caring father will do
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
What did you mean you prefer a disobedient kid to a dead one? A disobedient kid is more likely to get into trouble than an obidient one.
.the op children are dead. You can't have dead obedient children. He is a Murderer.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Aboks(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2023
Terrorist father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:
.the op children are dead. You can't have dead obedient children
They're dead because they refused to obey him. They'd still be alive if they'd obeyed his instructions. It's that simple. You can't see something that'll kill you and you decide to walk right into it. That's not a very smart thing to do
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by burp18: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:
why didn't op tell his children he intentionally cut the brakes and explain to the children the dangers of a brake not working
Isn't that the whole essence of this thread? To check if they're obidient to him.
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
They're dead because they refused to obey him. They'd still be alive if they'd obeyed his instructions. It's that simple. You can't see something that'll kill you and you decide to walk right into it. That's not a very smart thing to do
the children are dead because he Intentionally cut the brakes because of his selfish reason, why didn't he tell them?
There are better ways to test your children, because your child disobey you doesn't mean he deserves death. That's very dumb
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2023
burp18:
Isn't that the whole essence of this thread? To check if they're obidient to him.
And the only way to check is to cut the brakes Nd kill them, he is a murderer
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by SarcasticWords: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:
.your actions too for intentionally killing your child because of cravings will also have consequences

I understand the craving seems abit unnatural, but every father desires loyalty, obedience and submission from their kids. I also believe I earned it by giving them other cars to drive. They had a variety to choose from. It's not like I put only one car in the compound.

If I warned them that the car will kill them, have I intentionally killed them or saved them from trouble?

Why are people focusing on the fact that I removed the brakes and ignoring the fact that I did warn them that the car will kill them?

Why aren't people focusing on the fact that my children didn't trust or believe me their own father?
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by Maynman: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2023
SarcasticWords:

I understand the craving seems abit unnatural, but every father desires loyalty, obedience and submission from their kids. I also believe I earned it by giving them other cars to drive. They had a variety to choose from. It's not like I put only one car in the compound.

If I warned them that the car will kill them, have I intentionally killed them or saved them from trouble?

Why are people focusing on the fact that I removed the brakes and ignoring the fact that I did warn them that the car will kill them?

Why aren't people focusing on the fact that my children didn't trust or believe me their own father?
Loyalty and your cravings are earned, why did you have to cut the brakes?
If you didn't cut the brakes,how will the car kill them
Re: Yes Or No: Am I A Loving And Caring Father? by SarcasticWords: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2023
Maynman:

Loyalty and your cravings are earned, why did you have to cut the brakes?
If you didn't cut the brakes,how will the car kill them

As a father am I not allowed to do what I want? 🙁

If I do something dangerous and I don't warn my children of it, yes, I am a murderer.

But if I do something dangerous and I warn my children that, that thing will kill you if you engage with it, Am I still a murderer?

I appreciate your thoughts so far, you've raised valid points about my actions but I am yet to read anything from you criticizing the actions of my children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Heals Mad Man Of 20 Years In Ikere Ekiti / Ask Away, I Shall Answer / How Late TB Joshua Miraculously Healed My Daughter From Asthma” Ronke Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.