Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi (9946 Views)

Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days / Lagos East Bye-elections: Lagos APC Affirms Tokunbo Abiru's Candidacy / Delta Tribunal Sacks James Manager, Order Fresh Election In Delta South. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by chokekachy: 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2023
The House of Representatives Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Asaba has declared Hon. Solomon Ahwinahwi of the PDP winner of the February 25, 2023 election for Ughelli North/Ughelli South/Udu Federal Constituency.

INEC declared Waive winner with 42,226 votes to PDP candidate, Hon Solomon Awhinawhi who scored 32,391 votes.

APC Candidate, Waive reacts
TRIBUNAL JUDGEMENT
Today the 11th of Sept 2023, the National Assembly Elections Tribunal Asaba ruled (in layman’s language) that the non publication of my educational qualifications in INEC portal is ground to disqualify me and declare the loser of the election the winner.

Let me state clearly like I did before the Tribunal with documented evidence that I did submit all required documents including my qualifications as required by INEC. The non publication of same on the INEC portal is definitely not my making or within my power to effect. And I did write INEC on this.

Very importantly however, the non publication by INEC is not known to our laws as a ground for disqualification of a candidate.

Consequently I have instructed my lawyers to appeal the judgement.
I call on our people to remain calm and law abiding as we continue in the struggle to make our country a better place to live in.

Signed
Rt Rev (Hon) Francis Ejiroghene Waive (MHR)
Honorable member representing the entire people of Ughelli North Ughelli South Udu Federal Constituency
House of Representatives

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02NjB5QQaZZH6tYaPk66UtCWabvtBW4X3hTAF3vqHs8ttj6NEsNqW6p6c3WqjjDArml&id=100050570325920&mibextid=Nif5oz

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by TemplarLandry: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
cool

20 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Cantonese: 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
Na wah.
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Kcfresh2103(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
The kind elections INEC conducted in 2023 is nothing to write home about.
For over a week now is been sack, order of rerun etc.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Tracka: 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
Wahala
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Gossiphub: 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
2023 election is the worst election in the history of this country.

All the states in Nigeria are getting sack here and there.

INEC really did a poor job.

From screening of candidates to conduct of the polls.

What a wasted 500bn

12 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by AsomughaChuks05: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2023
Congratulations to the winners. The judiciary is delivering with usual top-notch integrity. Every petition is unique and outcomes are determined by the argument of counsels to the petitioners and defendants.

NB: Those complaining about Inec should be patient. Mahmood Yakubu's second and final tenure expires before the end of President Tinubu's first tenure and Tinubu will appoint a new chairman then.

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by ThiefnubuBandit: 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
Delta State tribunal dealing mercilessly with useless APC thieves grin cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by NwaNimo1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
Who can keep up?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by opamoses1: 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
Igbos and Obidients won't shout that APC has bought the judiciary now, like they were doing on earlier threads. cheesy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Memphis357(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
I don lose faith for Nigeria's electoral system, judicial system.
ANYBODY THAT STILL THINKS NIGERIA WILL SUCCEED WITH THESE LAPSES IS A MORONIC FOOL!!
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by ThiefnubuBandit: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
Good news!

Useless APC

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Iceiscold: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
Fingers cross

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by ThiefnubuBandit: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
opamoses1:
Igbos and Obidients won't shout that APC has bought the judiciary now, like they were doing on earlier threads. cheesy

SHUT UP!!!

Onye ara

7 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by ecolime(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
Congratulations to the winners. The judiciary is delivering with usual top-notch integrity. Every petition is unique and outcomes are determined by the argument of counsels to the petitioners and defendants.
πŸ‘Œ

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by OAFMods: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
Wail harder

ThiefnubuBandit:

SHUT UP!!!

Onye ara

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by kestolove95(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
It's a sacking season

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by TheBillyonaire: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
This is not democracy.

This is clearly plutocracy.
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Memphis357(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
OAFMods:
Wail harder

You having sense is like seeing a pregnant virgin!πŸ˜’

3 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by DTaj: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
Gossiphub:
2023 election is the worst election in the history of this country.

All the states in Nigeria are getting sack here and there.

INEC really did a poor job.

From screening of candidates to conduct of the polls.

What a wasted 500bn

Did you live in Nigeria in 2007?

The 2007 elections was the worst in the history of Nigeria.

Balot papers were still being printed in South Africa, when Prof. Maurice Iwu of INEC began to declare PDP candidates, including President Umaru Yar'Adua, as winners, everywhere.

Till today, 2007 Presidential election result is the only one without any state-by-state breakdown. It was that bad!!!

No election could be worse than that in any part of the world!

2007 ELECTIONS WERE THE WORST ELECTIONS EVER CONDUCTED IN NIGERIA. No elections have come near!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Odjirigho: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
opamoses1:

If you are intelligent enough you would notice that APC states are sacking other parties that overthrew the incubent, same as PDP stronghold upturning opposition victories, LP not left out but unfortunately LP had no stronghold befre now so they are feeling the heat more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by israelmao(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
The sacking of many who were declared winners of elections before is a clear proof that the INEC has failure in its responsibilities,the failure to transmit electoral results real-time has created many loopholes leaving the people's mandate to the whims and caprices of the venal judges in the judiciary.
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by Obakoolex(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
Obidients will not say Nigeria is gone now and judiciary sold out.

Well I don't blame them....the gbas gbos they received from judiciary few days is still dazing them grin

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by King125007(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
Ur head nor too correct like dt sha
AsomughaChuks05:

NB: Those complaining about Inec should be patient. Mahmood Yakubu's second and final tenure expires before the end of President Tinubu's first tenure and Tinubu will appoint a new chairman then.

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by jared007: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
Solomon Awhinawhi is on a long daydream. Ejiroghene Waive would defeat him flat at the court of appeal.
Ughelli North is the stronghold of APC in Delta state.

3 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by mejetov422: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
This sacking is no longer funny, but I trust Waive he won't just give up easily.

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by JAWBONE(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Rubbish upon rubbish everywhere.

This is obviously the worst election in the history of Nigeria. I don't care whether it is APC, PDP or LP affected, INEC did a terrible job.

More than half of elections are being destroyed by the courts, then what the hell did INEC do. What did they spend over ₦300bn for.

People's efforts to stand in line under the sun to exercise their franchise have been rubbished by the courts. This is no longer a democracy.
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by hisexcellency34: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
This Ahwhinawhi wan die for House of Reps Since 1999

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by BlackMan6969(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
SO LIKE THIS NOW, NA COURT DEY DECIDE OUR LEADERS FOR US.
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Waive (APC), Affirms Pdp's Ahwinahwi by tunjijones(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
Omoh many irregularities dey for this election ooo. It's too much abeg.

Or is it that many people eye don open for tribunal...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout / Hundreds Of PDP Members Decamp To APGA In Imo / Breaking News: "After The Election Wey Dem Dey" Crooner Arrested (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.