Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? (52461 Views)

10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property / Areas In Abuja With Good Power Supply And Affordable Rent / Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by MasterTee007: 2:55am On Sep 19, 2023
Are you in Nigeria? Do you realize not long ago...churches and mosques were screening people for bombs...so you want skyscrappers to be open to public when there are children of hate everywhere. I think NOT

Raydos:
Why are Most buildings in Nigeria especially commercial towers fenced off?

From the Downtown of Lagos, To The most Affluent areas of Abuja, They all have something in Common, All the Skyscrapers are all fenced off and not open to the public!

This make the city look ugly, In modern society, Skyscrapers down floors are rented out for restaurant, Boutiques, e.t.c, Which makes window-shopping possible!

Photo 1: Madina towers, Lagos

Photo 2: Eko hotel towers, Lagos
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by lexy2014: 2:56am On Sep 19, 2023
Raydos:
This is how modern society look like, I watch a video of a foreign YouTuber recently, who complained about this in his first ever visit to Nigeria!

He was so surprised, every building is fenced off!

Window shopping makes street look beautiful,

Affluent areas can afford all the security to keep this place safe, at night, But it seems like they just don't give a damn, They all okay with their sub-standard tower!

in the pictures you provided, are all those buildings skyscrappers?

are you saying that every single skyscrapper in your "modern society" are not fenced in and all have supermarkets?

so you think because a guy on youtube said it, that makes his assertion true?
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by KingOKON: 3:45am On Sep 19, 2023
Raydos:
Why are Most buildings in Nigeria especially commercial towers fenced off?

From the Downtown of Lagos, To The most Affluent areas of Abuja, They all have something in Common, All the Skyscrapers are all fenced off and not open to the public!

This make the city look ugly, In modern society, Skyscrapers down floors are rented out for restaurant, Boutiques, e.t.c, Which makes window-shopping possible!

Photo 1: Madina towers, Lagos

Photo 2: Eko hotel towers, Lagos

Even Banana Island is an eye sore not to talk Lagos and Abuja
Nigeria is a prison yard

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by eepeepook: 3:46am On Sep 19, 2023
We don’t live in a consumerist nation. Leaving the lower floors of skyscrapers to businesses makes no sense. In the event of a robbery, a gunshot will clear out a crowd of a thousand people. Na security sure pass, last last. Let those buildings remain as they are.
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Luckysbab: 3:56am On Sep 19, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Imagine renting the down floor out to restaurants as you opined. That's a good place for angry jihadists to drive in trucks and bring down the whole building in protest to a perceived jewish guy who farted in front of a holy tree in Saudi Arabia.

Maybe they are rather scared of IPOB terrorists, who could come and slaughter personnel for opening on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by PROPHETmichael: 4:31am On Sep 19, 2023
When you build your own, don't put fence u hear? This is Nigeria not Europe or America.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Wodu89: 4:55am On Sep 19, 2023
Coolgent:

It depends on the contribution your friends made during your quest for success.
In my case i normally assist my friends and acquaintance based on their contribution towards my success.

Was that the question I asked ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Fujiyama: 5:03am On Sep 19, 2023
sad

Interesting thread. Some amusing responses. Some heartbreakingly sad.
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Weathered: 5:18am On Sep 19, 2023
codemaniacs:

Thats a Big lie. Houses always had doors in Africa.

Col:onialists houses didn't have fences some of them used small or short trees as fences they never used cement as fences.

Stop spreading lies about things you don't know.
maybe you can't differentiate between door and doorway

1 Like

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Weathered: 5:23am On Sep 19, 2023
codemaniacs:

That's a fictional story.

If there were no doors in houses in Africa then there won't be indigenous words for door in the indigenous languages.

Why would Eu:ropeans sail through the oceans when they could just land in Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria e.t.c or whatever those countries were called then and head downwards to West Africa.

No eu:ropean sailed to West Africa.

You better stop believing their fictional stories and fictional books they are fake stories.
you are a very bold but dangerous illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Bizibi(m): 5:33am On Sep 19, 2023
Raydos:

Read the post above you!!

It's called affluent areas for a reason, With CCTV camera, All these issues can be curbed!
the black lives matter protest is an example of keeping the riff rats out. This is Nigeria not Europe or USA. The only thing I can agree with you is the renting out of floors to restaurant and boutique but I am okay with the fence.
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Godmademan(m): 5:35am On Sep 19, 2023
You want an investor leave his multimillion naira project unfenced cos of aesthetics in a country that can not account for all the citizens talk more foreigners. As long as we don't have efficient data capturing mechanisms, just forget!!!
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Grace001: 6:01am On Sep 19, 2023
The fear of area boys and thugs
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Grace001: 6:01am On Sep 19, 2023
Godmademan:
You want an investor leave his multimillion naira project unfenced cos of aesthetics in a country that can not account for all the citizens talk more foreigners. As long as we don't have efficient data capturing mechanisms, just forget!!!

You too know book, you said it all
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Thiijhay(m): 6:02am On Sep 19, 2023
Sha no try it in Lagos If agbero boys no go use stone scatter the place for you overnight. U put high fence self Dem still dey find way to enter and scatter everywhere. Put security first in everything you do in this country.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Blackdisciple(m): 6:14am On Sep 19, 2023
Insecurity nothing more..
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Brushstrokes20: 6:20am On Sep 19, 2023
Reason? Simple!
# INSECURITY
welcome to the Shyyythole undecided
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by maasoap(m): 6:21am On Sep 19, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Imagine renting the down floor out to restaurants as you opined. That's a good place for angry jihadists to drive in trucks and bring down the whole building in protest to a perceived jewish guy who farted in front of a holy tree in Saudi Arabia.
In Nigeria? Lol. Can a fence with hollow blocks really keep "angry jihadists with truck of bomb" out? I don't think so. It is mostly about our mindsets these days. Any building, even if it is "room and parlour self con" without a fence is not yet completed. grin grin grin
Fence, fence, fence everywhere, haba!!
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by maasoap(m): 6:27am On Sep 19, 2023
KingOKON:

Even Banana Island is an eye sore not to talk Lagos and Abuja
Nigeria is a prison yard
No more no less. We made it that way. A kid can be easily kidnapped on the street in broad daylight without anyone seeing anything because almost all the houses have been fenced against what is happening immediate outside their doors
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Shakathezulu1: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2023
capetownboyz:
Ask your prostitute president he built Lagos
Ogun kill you.
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Litmus: 7:12am On Sep 19, 2023
We need to evolve beyond "the West is Best and must be copied in all things" mindset. I'm sure we can find ways of ecstatically improving on what we have arrived at now in our cities due to the impositions of our realities.

If we do then our cities will have thire own characters different from the boring sameness of all modern cities around the world currently.
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by HRMK: 7:19am On Sep 19, 2023
you amuse me!you blv exposing towers to public access is the best way to go?and you think the buildings would be safe from arsonists?hmmmmmm........
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Litmus: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2023
I'm sure if the Twin Towers and many sky scrapers around the world had areas around them like Nigeria commercial places do but instead had mote-like lakes, some people that leap from widows during infernos would survive.

You gotta give miracle a chance, concrete will not grin
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by tefund(m): 7:39am On Sep 19, 2023
SmartPolician:

I think it has to do with mentality.

Every house in Nigeria is fenced but many banks don't even have fence.

So, I don't think it's about security. I think it's about a warped mentality and following a trend.

Will that yeye fence stop armed robbers from trespassing?
Exactly.Gtb does not do fencing,never heared of robery incidence ...
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by BennyDGreat: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2023
sisisioge:
If you build your own biko open it to the public so that before you wake up, them don commot windows, doors, toilet fixtures and even scrap paint commot for your structure. Them say country no safe, you say why them dey protect their lives & properties

Lol scrap paint
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Reflect7: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2023
codemaniacs:

Fake drawing and fake story.

You're forgetting that it's eu:ropeans that created ho:llywood which is all about creating fictional stories and drawings.

In the past when there was no video or cameras.. it was drawings, stories and written text that was used to tell fictional stories.

You are obviously a school dropout to type this.

No, you Ill-exposed dullard, the Guardian Newspaper UK editorial board does not indulge in publishing “fake drawing and fake story” to its millions of readers and shareholders across the world.

It’s also tragic that you feel so inferior to the point that you regard any positive report from your history - even from foreigners - as ‘fake’.

Hope you don’t pass your terrible inferiority complex to your kids.
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Sensiblerealist: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2023
Eko Atlantic is not like that. The buildings are not fenced off, maybe cuz it's an exclusive neighbourhood

Raydos:
There are some streets that you can't even take a walk at night, all because most of the buildings in the street has been fenced off, Before 8pm in the night, It will look like a ghost town!!

But by renting out the down floors of those buildings to restaurant and boutique e.t.c, It will make it more lively at night time!
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by wunmi590(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2023

There are reasons for every action, you can compare the security architecture of the Western world 🌎 to that of Aftica, most especially Nigeria 🇳🇬, that her security prowess is no where to be found...

Again, the greeny environment you are talking about, places where they build matters sometimes, there are some environment that warrant a tree 🌳 must be planted to avert some natural disasters...
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Reflect7: 8:44am On Sep 19, 2023
codemaniacs:

If there were no doors in houses in Africa then .

Nobody said there were no doors in Africa, you loud cretin.

I said it was customary in Nigeria to build houses without FRONT doors.

Do you know what a FRONT door is?
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by hayoholla(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2023
One of the major disadvantage of this practice is compact pedestrians and traffic into a little space. No room for traffic to breathe with ease, Congestion everywhere.
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Reflect7: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2023
codemaniacs:

If there were no doors in houses in Africa then there won't be indigenous words for door in the indigenous languages.

Why would Eu:ropeans sail through the oceans when they could just land in Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria e.t.c or whatever those countries were called then and head downwards to West Africa.

No eu:ropean sailed to West Africa.

You better stop believing their fictional stories and fictional books they are fake stories.

This guy is a friggin idiot.

The Europeans did not sail to West Africa?

Because they could have simply traveled from Europe to Algeria and climbed on a donkey for a gruelling three weeks journey through the FCKING SAHARA DESERT to get to Nigeria?

How did they conduct trade, or you don’t know they traded heavily with Benin, Oyo, Ashantis and other coastal West Africans?

What an embarrassment of a person.

Complete historical illiterate.

I suppose the trans-Atlantic slave trade never happened either, since Europeans didn’t sail to West Africa.

Please, what school did you attend?
Re: Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? by Calitoscassius(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2023
To keep out all the hungry Agberos, thieves and thugs, oh! I forgot beggars and riff raffs who will start sleeping, shitting and urinating on these streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / Story Of A 500-room House In Lagos Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (PICTURES) / How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.