Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun (16136 Views)

Lagos Assembly Passes 2023 Budget, Jacks It Up By N78bn / Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. / Rivers State Government, Julius Berger Sign Agreement To Contruct Three Flyovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Evestar200(f): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2023
Iriruaga100:

Well said sir. That Enerhen don’t need any flyover, what they need to build is a central bus park at Enerhen junction. That will stop Keke drivers from loading right on the shoulders of the road.
Udu road need two more link bridge from Enerhen to Opete, Ovwian to macdemorth.
Effurun roundabout need a proper three-tier interchange flyover bridge taking you to the main Warri, NPA, and Udu areas.
Is not possible for a three-tier flyover at Effurun Roundabout due to the Mall there. They will have to pull the mall down to create space.

Uduaghan already made the mistake of building the mall there.

What the entire Delta State needs is the Sweeping of our roads and proper waste management because Delta is too dirty.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Mrpojj(m): 10:49am On Sep 13, 2023
Efezik007:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/delta-govt-awards-n78bn-contract-for-flyovers-in-warri-effurun/amp/

Warri is about to get new look with this current adminstration.

God bless Gov sheriff.
God bless Delta State.
Most fly over I see , should not be worth more that 5billion
For God sake it's just cement , sand , rocks and iron
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by onuman: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2023
Perhaps there is no treated pipe borne water supply system in Warri and in Effurun. Flyover governors in Nigeria. Please note that Flyovers are not symbols of big city. Big city planners detest Flyovers like leprosy.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Tzar(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2023
PDP! KWARUPTION!
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Timfreds(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2023
Iriruaga100:
Welcome development for the interchange flyover at roundabout. I don’t think flyover at Enerhen junction is needed. They need to do the bridge from Enerhen to Opete solve the traffic problem at Udu bridge
Enerhen junction need real flyover. Infact double flyover is needed there.
There have been plan for it decades past, but no execution. It's great Sheriff wants to do it

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by King125007(m): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2023
I saw this news in punch , I really hope this doesn't end in paper. A good one if finally it came to reality
Warri need that face lift..long overdue

Efezik007:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/delta-govt-awards-n78bn-contract-for-flyovers-in-warri-effurun/amp/

God bless Gov sheriff.
God bless Delta State.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by King125007(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2023
Thank you my brother ..u see that attitudinal turnaround very important our people nor be am at all..so daft and claim smart

Quitam:
A breath of fresh air for a so-called oil city which has not seen any tangible development in the past decade. Warri needs not just infrastructural uplift, but attitudinal turnaround. There's no pride in being the roughest guys around. The city should reflect the bountiful riches it holds beneath. Investors have to be lured to establish bases. Power supply must be improved. Security of lives should be paramount. Tribalism should be kept aside, while development is pursued.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by ChrisP92(m): 11:20am On Sep 13, 2023
Great. This is good πŸ‘
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Yankee101: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2023
Flyovers are not a priority

Use this money to build standard schools, hospitals and create permanent jobs

Use it and give the youths revolving loans and grants start a business
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by 9japride(m): 11:28am On Sep 13, 2023
As a citizen of Nigeria and indigene of Delta state, what have you all gain from oil/gas?
They keep erecting big projects without direct impact on the masses.
Why can't the state government establish a credit facility for indigenes to aquire various items? Rather, the government officials keep buying latest suv and hosting wasteful public occasions/parties.
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by MeineMutter: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
senseless concept. Clear road make vehicle pass. Stop roadside trading that attracts traffic backlog. Create car parks around busy spots like markets plazas, schools offices. Do that for.all parts of the city. Warri is not that populated. Make e take the remaining money do better thing. Na who flyover help?

50% of the contract sum will be diverted.

Signature project, my feet.

Awon ole gbogbo.
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by sagitariusbaby(m): 11:34am On Sep 13, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
The capital doesn't have 3 flyovers. ....ediots

Fix the capital for God damn sake
are you okay! Warri is more Capital than that Onisha extension called Asaba which is also mainly inhabited by Anambra people
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Vinnie2000(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2023
LeopardX:

Perhaps you didn't understand what the guy meant by the bolded.

He meant the plan of APC was actually to stop Atiku from winning by encouraging people from traditional PDP states like Delta to vote LP/Peter Obi. This was to weaken Atiku. Obi never stood a chance. It was like APC versus LP whereas APC at national level know wetin Dem dey do.

Na when election finish everything clear for people eyes. If Obi hadn't contested, PDP would have won by a landslide because all his votes would have been added to Atiku's own.

That said, we hope for victory come 2027 and we'll not fall for that tactics anymore.

From a proud PDP supporter in the SouthWest. 😎

My Brother,

Even if Obi did not contest,

There is no Guarantee that Deltans and other SS states would have voted Atiku.πŸ˜πŸ˜’

Most South south PDP Governors were poor in Performances, Likewise APC VERY POOR @the National level. πŸ˜•πŸ™

Many Deltans were NOT inclined to Voting PDP/Atiku, in the Presidential Polls.

Maybe We would have stayed Indoors on Elections Day,
Like we did in the Governorship Elections. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by CodeTemplar: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2023
MeineMutter:

50% of the contract sum will be diverted.

Signature project, my feet.

Awon ole gbogbo.
African looting template.
It is considered a better approach than giving mistresses and concubines pen and tissue paper contracts.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Kepukepu: 11:38am On Sep 13, 2023
78b for flyover?
Nawa o
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Authur729(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2023
God bless delta state
God bless governor oborevwori

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by TheBillyonaire: 11:54am On Sep 13, 2023
Delta State seems not to have a masterplan. Just bunch of educated and sophisticated thugs running the show almost always.
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Justbeingreal(m): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2023
Felimax:

Which capital!
So all the ones Okowa do for there nor va reach una?

Get conscience I beg.
Nor mind m na only capital need development.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by lomprico(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

If no be Mariam babangida whey come from asaba, na warri suppose be the capital of delta state

2 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by MeineMutter: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
African looting template.
It is considered a better approach than giving mistresses and concubines pen and tissue paper contracts.

You are right. Original 100% galvanized steel bridge cannot cost more than N2B, including logistics. That’s N6B.

Such type of bridges are allover the abroad they go and the bridges last more than 100 years.

They never think in that direction except the ones they will use to steal.

Alternatively, the remaining N72b out of the 78billion Naira can build more than 78 million homes at a cost of N10 million per simple home and still fund the interlocking road due to aquatic nature of the state.

Having an approximate of 7 million homes across all the states alone will lift people out of the shantytown and new industries of home services and building materials will emerge.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by HealthKelvin: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
While in the media,
we have the worst governors of all time since 1999 in every dispensation.

But in reality we arguably have the best governors for every dispensation since 1999.
All the cities in Delta State have government presence and elements of development.
I’ve been to 18 state owned teaching hospitals in Nigeria; & I can tell your Delta State is doing well.

Some James Ibori Legacies:
* Construction of Campus 3
* Best state owned Teaching Hospital and highest paid

Emmanuel Uduaghan Legacy:
* Prompt salary payments (Always 24-27)
* Cheap and Safe Transportation
* Maternal and under 5 free health care
* Dennis Osadebe Airport

Ifeanyi Okowa Legacies:
* Tertiary institution in all almost LGA
* Road construction and Light up

These are just few; but believe me; Ifeanyi Okowa outperform Wike in the last dispensation but the media will always report what they like.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by JOemmy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
Evestar200:
exacly

Na Udu need flyover now and two or more lanes roads because most of the population are moving towards there.

Where will they site the flyover in udu or do u mean another udu bridge?
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
olisaEze:

He has cleared the market at the junction in preparation of constructing a flyover there.

You see!
I pray for him to be an accomplisher!
I am not Urhobo but as a Warri boy all of us na one tribe (Warri).

2 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by KingLion007(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
Efezik007:

God bless Gov sheriff.
God bless Delta State.
My second City... Missed my alma mater
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
Iriruaga100:
Welcome development for the interchange flyover at roundabout. I don’t think flyover at Enerhen junction is needed. They need to do the bridge from Enerhen to Opete solve the traffic problem at Udu bridge

Which Udu!
For me o, Udu should wait for next time if APC will get to power.

The same Udu that they burning most PDP election banners. Abi nor be Udu Dem set a bank ablaze?

Just dey play!

Mugu, you don't know Enerhen Junction is the most populous place in Delta State after Effurun Roundabout!

Opete, what is the economic value of Opete to Delta State?
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by mzeepositive: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Iriruaga100:
Wat is Edo state government doing
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

The capital is damn too small
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
mzeepositive:

Wat is Edo state government doing

Please don't drag Edo state here! When they gave you guys subsidized transport we did not drag them.

Besides, Obaseki is doing his best and if he is not it's almost time to.choose another governor.
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by LeopardX: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
Vinnie2000:

My Brother,

Even if Obi did not contest,

There is no Guarantee that Deltans and other SS states would have voted Atiku.πŸ˜πŸ˜’

Most South south PDP Governors were poor in Performances, Likewise APC VERY POOR @the National level. πŸ˜•πŸ™

Many Deltans were NOT inclined to Voting PDP/Atiku, in the Presidential Polls.

Maybe We would have stayed Indoors on Elections Day,
Like we did in the Governorship Elections. sad
wow. So Okowa's administration was that terrible?! 😲

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Metrofox(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
lomprico:

If no be Mariam babangida whey come from asaba, na warri suppose be the capital of delta state

Una don fight una serf finish? over who get warri?
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
KingLion007:
My second City... Missed my alma mater

Warri may not be beautiful but our social lifestyle and hospitality is next to non.

I have traveled round this country and there is no hospitality and lifestyle like Warri.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
Evestar200:

Is not possible for a three-tier flyover at Effurun Roundabout due to the Mall there. They will have to pull the mall down to create space.

Uduaghan already made the mistake of building the mall there.

What the entire Delta State needs is the Sweeping of our roads and proper waste management because Delta is too dirty.

I beg seize noise!
Do you know what the space ShopRite is occupying at Ikeja Mall looks like before they fit it there?

Effurun Roundabout is big enough and if ShopRite will not go other buildings will go period.

When development come nonsense must give way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari / Orji Uzor Kalu Endorses Ahmed Lawan For Senate President (Photos) / EFCC Detains Social Investment Scheme Coordinator, Halima Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.