Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report (18782 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2023
In Lagos
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Imert: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2023
100% S.E RESULTS

*GBOS GENERATION
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by wittywriter: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2023
izonborn098:
Dna need to be necessary, so many men are just wasting their resources on people's kid.. And the worst part this said type of men hate dna, i don't just know why..

kkins25:
Without a doubt, this further goes to support the claims that:
1) women marry who's ready, not who they love.
2) Men use money to marry women who don't love them.

Any way, it seems the men are the ones suffering the consequences..ehyaa....

I'm about to go into the dating game again, this tells me to not provide much details about my earnings before somebody chooses to just manage me because of my finances. What am I saying self, I don't have like that.

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Masterito(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2023
Have you heard of IVF or IUi? Have you heard of sperm donation? What do you think they used for? Some men let thier get pregnant using donated sperm. Does that paint a picture?.
izonborn098:
Dna need to be necessary, so many men are just wasting their resources on people's kid.. And the worst part this said type of men hate dna, i don't just know why..
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2023
Men are to blame they are ghe one sleeping with fhose women.

2 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Mosba: 11:54am On Sep 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool

In other words, 25% of your clints already had a broken home.....

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by oyeraff: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2023
How trusted is DNA test self, i will beginning to doubt the DNA test or the DNA people want attention and recognition. If you want to believe, do the DNA test in 2 or 3 different places and compare their result.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Yankee101: 11:56am On Sep 14, 2023
You have to understand how statistics works

It’s people with doubts that usually go for tests

So the figure should be higher than a statistical average

It doesn’t mean up to 25% of kids in Naija are from cheating

5 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Valuepaints20(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by genkins(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Okpe o
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by killsmith(f): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Marry virgin, you no gree.
See the result of "a woman's past does not matter".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Gboom: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ahnie, come see the result that is the damaged culture of marriage in Nigeria abeg! As una dey tell people make dem remain in unhappy marriages rather than choose divorce and peace of mind, going as far as to advise men to indulge in adultery and hookup culture, you invariably fuel paternity fraud and babymama-ism culture. Let's not forget that you also continue to reward the prostitution and hookup industry in Nigeria which you would like to complain about. So much for the moral uprightness of the Nigerian people. grin

I bet you the majority of those who conducted the test for supposed "peace of mind" are themselves adulterers. Imagine wanting peace of mind when you don't know how to give it. grin
It seems like you have really lost hope about marriage.
Judging by those statistics, it is like a pass mark for marriage institution because nothing in life is 100% sure except life and death. In this life there is no way you assemble good people without bad people among them.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by abidem4real: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Smart DNA, a leading DNA testing center based in Lagos, Nigeria, has released a comprehensive data analysis of all relationship DNA tests conducted at its facility between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that DNA is Deoxyribonucleic acid; it is the material that carries genetic information for the development and functioning of an organism.

A DNA test (genetic testing) is a medical test that can identify mutations in one’s genes, chromosomes or proteins.

These tests provide information about an individual’s ancestral roots.

A DNA relationship test is the use of genetic profiles to determine whether an individual is the biological parent of another individual.

The Smart DNA report, based on thousands of users, provides an unprecedented insight into the DNA testing trends across Nigeria.

Released on Tuesday, it showed startling findings about the reasons people seek testing, the demographics of those tested, and the outcomes of the tests.

Nevertheless, it showed positive results which indicated that the men who came out positive as the biological fathers of the children who they queried their paternity, accounted for 73.88 per cent of tests.

Negative results were 26.12 per cent of those who were tested.

On geographical spread, the report showed that Lagos accounted for the highest percentage of tests, with 82.89 per cent of the total.

This is followed by Oyo (3.29 per cent), Ogun (3.07 per cent) and FCT (2.63 per cent and Rivers (2.41 per cent).

“This heavy concentration in Lagos, particularly the Mainland (68.14 percent) compared to the Island (31.86 per cent), is likely due to the location of Smart DNA’s office in Lagos.

“Also likely due to the purchasing power of the state’s residents, and the high population density of the state,’’ it said.

The report showed that the majority of tests (89.10 per cent) were conducted for ‘Peace of Mind’, followed by ‘Immigration’ (8.97 per cent), and ‘Legal’ (0.64 per cent).

“This suggests that individuals primarily seek DNA testing to confirm biological relationships for personal reasons rather than legal or immigration purposes.’’

It showed that men were the predominant initiators of contact, making up 86.44 per cent of the first contacts, compared to 13.56 per cent made by women.

“This indicates that men are more likely to have doubts about paternity or other relationships and take the initiative to seek testing,’’ it said.

“Positive results indicating that the man tested is the biological father of the child, accounted for 73.88 per cent of tests, while negative results made up 26.12 per cent.

“This suggests that in the majority of cases, the men seeking testing are indeed the biological fathers, but in more than 1 in 4 cases, the tested father is not the biological father of the child’’.

On Ethnic Group, the Yoruba ethnic group had the highest percentage of tests (61.23 per cent), followed by Igbo (19.07 per cent).

“Others (12.08 per cent), and Edo (6.78 per cent). This may be reflective of the ethnic distribution in Lagos and the surrounding areas’’.

On the sex of the child, more tests were conducted on male children (56.62 per cent) compared to female children (43.38 per cent).

It said that this may suggest a cultural preference for confirming paternity of male offspring, although further research would be needed to confirm this hypothesis.

Analysing the age range of those tested, it said that most tests were conducted on children aged 0-5 years (58.02 per cent), followed by the 6-12 age group (25.95 per cent).

“This indicates that paternity tests are mostly done on children when they are younger rather than when they get older’.

The Smart DNA findings said that the men who opted for these DNA tests were mostly between the ages of 31-40 years (40 per cent) and 41-50 years (23 per cent).

“ This age group is likely to have young children and may be in a financial position to afford the testing’’.

Officials of Smart DNA said the centre is committed to providing fully accredited DNA testing services to clients in accordance with the highest international standards.

According to them, the report aims to shed light on the current trends in relationship DNA testing in Nigeria, contributing to a better understanding of this important aspect of our society. (NAN)

https://dailytrust.com/over-25-of-tested-men-in-nigeria-arent-biological-fathers-dna-report/
Jesus! Most women are born whores! Women are men's doom and that's why I don't always pity them when they are being maltreated and even used for rituals.
What is the fate of the manourvered fathers now oh Lord?!

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by id4sho(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
That gender

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
I remembered a Lekki Doctor that aired a popular radio program before the covid break who in his own generosity declared that whosoever is interested in DNA testing should come to his clinic where he will do it for free for a month.
Within just 7 days he cancelled it. Why, because he raised alarm in the national dailies that he has received curse messages and lots of death threats on his life and family from ladies via phone calls and text messages. How they got his number, house address, his wife and children details including their school was a mystery to him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Madaraa1(m): 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
25% simp and I know too much men 😁😁

2 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Gboom: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
You as a woman can't you stick to one man.
In our society, the blame of paternity fraud goes to the woman including you if you misbehave

5 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Atolu01: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good. Too low too. No peace for peace-sapping monsters.

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Acekidc4:
When i say Make you use all your Life Fear Woman, you think say ah dey Play!!
The women slept with other men remember. If they had slept with other women belle no go dey.
Fear women and fear some men.

Infidelity is not only found in women.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by gfelo(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Thats the most painful part of it

MrsTwrite:
Some ladies are terrible, hurting someone you claim you love the most with lies. This gender...🥲

3 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
Gboom:

You as a woman can't you stick to one man.
In our society, the blame of paternity fraud goes to the woman including you if you misbehave

The women didnt sleep with tree now Abbbiii. The men are equally the enemies of men in this case.

Married woman suppose be no go area,'

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
Madaraa1:
25% simp and I know too much men 😁😁

Na by hard guy then never cheat on you?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Gajagojo: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
Actually without taking a lot of time or preamble I have to emphasize politely, respectfully and observing all protocol that the simple , honest and unalloyed truth which must be told without trepidation or convoluted elaboration or bombastic browbeating is that I really have nothing to say or contribute So should I say nothing or leave nothing unsaid which is more comprehensible the articulated nothing or the unspoken nothing? What a profound dilemma

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by cjudy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yes ooo! Na women dey impregnate themselves and absolutely none of that sperm-producing children left and right belong to men already in marriages at the time of conception. Virgin births all over the place! lipsrsealed
Because no be women Dey open leg for them. I know you’re one of them, you just want to defend rubbish. Continue. I know your children are from different fathers but yet it push it to one man

3 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Chizigreat(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
With This You Can Do Greater Things

Apostle Joshua Selman.

Listen And Remain Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZvrJeQ4IE?si=HVe_-M6_iCVSGT2T
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
E no shock me sad I'm a victim 😔

2 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:

Men knowingly sleep with their fellow men's wife but will blame women. Men like back stabbing each other. Men are just evil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Mercury12(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
25% of men aren't the biological father. These results are only for those that came for the test however millions of men are out there training a bastard son or daughter. Some daughter of eve are so ruthless that they don't mind giving a man 2 or 3 bastards to train.
Don't blame such man he bring out his gun and do whatever he seams right with it

2 Likes

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by DOptical: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
Typical cheesy

No surprise

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by HembaqMbk: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
Acidosis:
That is a great figure for a non-representative sample. People who go for DNA tests already have some level of doubts about the paternity of their children. So, this finding cannot apply to "Nigerian men."

If only 25% of men who harbour doubts and trust issues regarding their children's paternity receive negative results, then it mean that 75% of men return home with a sense of relief and joy. To achieve a more representative data, the paternity clinic needs to select and test men at random from all geopolitical zones.

Smart!

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by jmoore(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
obembet:
Though I don't support Evil acts but Over 98% of men too cheat on their wife.

Apple and oranges are different.
Paternity fraud is different from cheating. The cheating you even mentioned, is it not the women that are fornicating with the men?

No man in the whole world has ever forced ownership of a child on another woman. It is paternity fraud, not maternity fraud.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Stepmother Wants To Sleep With Me / Kerosene Lantern Explodes In Nkporo, Abia, Kills 1, Injures 3 (Graphic Photos) / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.