Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report (18787 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
killsmith:
Marry virgin, you no gree.
See the result of "a woman's past does not matter".

Going by your post, you have less the 25% chance of getting married bro.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by triplechoice(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
*** Yawn*** undecided

You get it now ?

It's paternity fraud and not just a case of men sleeping with other people's wives or girlfriend .

A child is involved in the latter .
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
abidem4real:

Jesus! Most women are born whores! Women are men's doom and that's why I don't always pity them when they are being maltreated and even used for rituals.
What is the fate of the manourvered fathers now oh Lord?!

You get sister? Abbii your sister no man?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Fryx:

First. I won’t demand sex from a woman that doesn’t show signs that she want it. I will because I don’t want to bruise her ego.

Second. I don’t do married women.

Third. A woman can say “No.” Nobody forced her. If my woman do that she may die because I will assume she seduces the man.
Not only married woman single lady can also be affected thereby bringing another person's baby to another home so the best approach is to flee from fornication
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Fryx: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
blackslayer:
This should only bother anyone thinking of marrying a Nigerian woman.

WoMen from other countries are infidelity proof right?

Just Dey, Dey Play play.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by ceejayluv(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
Does that mean that one in every four kids is a bastard?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
DNA test should be compulsory in every hospital. The birth certificate should also carry the DNA of every child.
National assembly should work on this.

Good. Plenty people go collect.
When they have a case of shady paternity, the women should be made to produce the Man that hot her pregnant, make we know men we no dey use eye see people wife leave them.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Sammy5413(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Another man aims, another man shoots
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
obembet:
Though I don't support Evil acts but Over 98% of men too cheat on their wife.

The bolded said you support evil. Instead of to comment on the topic , you left and went to bash the male gender , this means you support what your gender do because you can't even say anything about it.

Gender baise everywhere.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by sulakishop(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Not only that, 50% of first borns are from ex's. Fear that gender

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by XAUBulls: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Smart DNA, a leading DNA testing center based in Lagos, Nigeria, has released a comprehensive data analysis of all relationship DNA tests conducted at its facility between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that DNA is Deoxyribonucleic acid; it is the material that carries genetic information for the development and functioning of an organism.

A DNA test (genetic testing) is a medical test that can identify mutations in one’s genes, chromosomes or proteins.

These tests provide information about an individual’s ancestral roots.

A DNA relationship test is the use of genetic profiles to determine whether an individual is the biological parent of another individual.

The Smart DNA report, based on thousands of users, provides an unprecedented insight into the DNA testing trends across Nigeria.

Released on Tuesday, it showed startling findings about the reasons people seek testing, the demographics of those tested, and the outcomes of the tests.

Nevertheless, it showed positive results which indicated that the men who came out positive as the biological fathers of the children who they queried their paternity, accounted for 73.88 per cent of tests.

Negative results were 26.12 per cent of those who were tested.

On geographical spread, the report showed that Lagos accounted for the highest percentage of tests, with 82.89 per cent of the total.

This is followed by Oyo (3.29 per cent), Ogun (3.07 per cent) and FCT (2.63 per cent and Rivers (2.41 per cent).

“This heavy concentration in Lagos, particularly the Mainland (68.14 percent) compared to the Island (31.86 per cent), is likely due to the location of Smart DNA’s office in Lagos.

“Also likely due to the purchasing power of the state’s residents, and the high population density of the state,’’ it said.

The report showed that the majority of tests (89.10 per cent) were conducted for ‘Peace of Mind’, followed by ‘Immigration’ (8.97 per cent), and ‘Legal’ (0.64 per cent).

“This suggests that individuals primarily seek DNA testing to confirm biological relationships for personal reasons rather than legal or immigration purposes.’’

It showed that men were the predominant initiators of contact, making up 86.44 per cent of the first contacts, compared to 13.56 per cent made by women.

“This indicates that men are more likely to have doubts about paternity or other relationships and take the initiative to seek testing,’’ it said.

“Positive results indicating that the man tested is the biological father of the child, accounted for 73.88 per cent of tests, while negative results made up 26.12 per cent.

“This suggests that in the majority of cases, the men seeking testing are indeed the biological fathers, but in more than 1 in 4 cases, the tested father is not the biological father of the child’’.

On Ethnic Group, the Yoruba ethnic group had the highest percentage of tests (61.23 per cent), followed by Igbo (19.07 per cent).

“Others (12.08 per cent), and Edo (6.78 per cent). This may be reflective of the ethnic distribution in Lagos and the surrounding areas’’.

On the sex of the child, more tests were conducted on male children (56.62 per cent) compared to female children (43.38 per cent).

It said that this may suggest a cultural preference for confirming paternity of male offspring, although further research would be needed to confirm this hypothesis.

Analysing the age range of those tested, it said that most tests were conducted on children aged 0-5 years (58.02 per cent), followed by the 6-12 age group (25.95 per cent).

“This indicates that paternity tests are mostly done on children when they are younger rather than when they get older’.

The Smart DNA findings said that the men who opted for these DNA tests were mostly between the ages of 31-40 years (40 per cent) and 41-50 years (23 per cent).

“ This age group is likely to have young children and may be in a financial position to afford the testing’’.

Officials of Smart DNA said the centre is committed to providing fully accredited DNA testing services to clients in accordance with the highest international standards.

According to them, the report aims to shed light on the current trends in relationship DNA testing in Nigeria, contributing to a better understanding of this important aspect of our society. (NAN)

https://dailytrust.com/over-25-of-tested-men-in-nigeria-arent-biological-fathers-dna-report/
Deep insights.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2023
triplechoice:
■ You get it now ? It's paternity fraud and not just a case of men sleeping with other people's wives or girlfriend . A child is involved in the latter .
All the broods of the babymama's aren't children? Look, you are approaching this from an angle I am not even concerned with at all. What you call paternity fraud today was the accepted norm back during the days of your ancestors. That it is now a crime does not remove from the fact that the problem is a result of cultural foundations from the time of your ancestors. So unless you are here to advocate we abandon the ways of your ancestors as well, I ask you not to bore me any further. undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Jewessgratitud3: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good for them. When them go see wife material leave am go marry the corporate Ashawo or slay queen with Ashawo vibes, don't they know what to expect?

E go still reach 90% cos many are still running after the loud girls.

Ask me how I know. A lady will post her picture decently dressed, no likes given but check out all the pics of ladies revealing breast, tommy and laps, you'll see 100 likes. Na spirit dey like those kind pics? No be men? And you want me to pity them. Una never start. 90% will father another man's children in the nearest future. No be curse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by blackslayer: 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Abifarin16:

WoMen from other countries are infidelity proof right?

Just Dey, Dey Play play.

Was i talking to you? What is wrong with this one?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
Procashtips:

What length won't you gender go when it comes to looking for who to blame?

All these women who go do quickie with their ex few days to their wedding were raped too?

Una must not be allowed to decide the future of a larger population o.

The ex lacks conscience abi?

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kunleayereti(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
Am Ayek global consult, a reputable real estate management and developer in Akure Ondo state, we build and manage properties to satisfy our client and customer you can chat us up on this line 08036823988
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by abidem4real: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
BloomingDale:

The bolded made me laugh when I imagined you were talking about your mom being born a whoore. Lol
I was referring to your mother not mine because mine is not among the "most women" mentioned.
I don't need a senseless people like you commenting on my mention because what I said was factual unapologetically.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Procashtips(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

The ex lacks conscience abi?

Who ignores free things?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by MySolace: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
obembet:
Though I don't support Evil acts but Over 98% of men too cheat on their wife.

This isn't about cheating... But cheating and carrying belle. No b every cheating woman dey carry belle naa.

It's grossly disrespectful, wicked and silly for a woman to cheat and still carry belle at d same time... Disgusting!!
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by MySolace: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Men are to blame they are ghe one sleeping with fhose women.
How u wan take men?

Some of diz married women denied being married sef... And some are going about with single guys, not as if dey're dating another married men o.

...let's say I speak from experience...
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
MySolace:

How u wan take men?

Some of diz married women denied being married sef... And some are going about with single guys, not as if dey're dating another married men o.

...let's say I speak from experience...
don't let us justify evil what is bad is bad.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin
blackslayer:

Was i talking to you? What is wrong with this one?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by triplechoice(m): 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All the broods of the babymama's aren't children? Look, you are approaching this from an angle I am not even concerned with at all. What you call paternity fraud today was accepted norm back during the days of your ancestors. That it is now been made a crime does not remove from the fact that the problem is a result of cultural foundations from the time of your ancestors. So unless you are here to advocate we abandon the ways of your ancestors as well, I ask you don't bore me any further. undecided

SMH
You have shown you don't know the difference between paternity fraud committed by women these days and certain cultural practices of some of your African ancestors in the past and even in the present moment .

No where in Africa was paternity fraud an acceptable practice .If you know of any such places, mention them .

The only instances back then , where a woman was allowed to give a child from another man to her husband , were in cultures that practiced polyandry( parts of Ghana and others, not everywhere ) ,or if the man is impotent ,both husband and wife can agree that the woman meets with another man to get her pregnant .

In both cases ,polyandry or impotency , it's always with the consent of the husband or everyone else involved , and that's not fraud .The husband is always in the know .

But for paternity fraud, these days , the husband knows nothing at all . It's betrayal of trust and wickedness on the part of a woman especially when the man may not be impotent to sleep with another man ,get pregnant and then give it to her husband.

You shouldn't be defending such people if you know what you are doing.

And I'm not boring you .The problem, I see, is that your mind is stuck in the ancient past and because of that you're producing very odd and outlandish arguments to defend what is not right .

Just rest and forget this .
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
triplechoice:
■ SMH ! You have shown you don't know the difference between paternity fraud committed by women these days and certain cultural practices of some of your African ancestors in the past and even in the present moment . No where in Africa was paternity fraud an acceptable practice. If you know of any such places, mention them. The only instances back then , where a woman was allowed to give a child from another man to her husband, were in cultures that practiced polyandry( parts of Ghana and others, not everywhere ) ,or if the man is impotent ,both husband and wife can agree that the woman meets with another man to get her pregnant . In both cases ,polyandry or impotency , it's always with the consent of the husband or everyone else involved , and that's not fraud . The husband is always in the know .
■ But for paternity fraud, these days , the husband knows nothing at all . It's betrayal of trust and wickedness on the part of a woman especially when the man may not be impotent to sleep with another man ,get pregnant and then give it to her husband. You shouldn't be defending such people if you know what you are doing. And I'm not boring you .The problem, I see, is that your mind is stuck in the ancient past and because of that you're producing very odd and outlandish arguments to defend what is not right . Just rest and forget this .
1. The fact that you resorted to telling stories already reveals that this is nothing but an attempt by you to over the facts which is that what you observe today comes from faulty cultural foundations. lipsrsealed

2. So, these days it is not women stuck in marriages going out to have kids and bringing home babies from their encounters with other men as it was in the past? It is more special or different because it is now legally a crime? Keep telling yourself that nonsense. undecided

Correction, Paternity fraud isn't a crime after all. undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Gamesmart: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Caaz/Ahnie, come see the result that is the damaged culture of marriage in Nigeria abeg! As una dey tell people make dem remain in unhappy marriages rather than choose divorce and peace of mind, going as far as to advise men to indulge in adultery and hookup culture, you invariably fuel paternity fraud and babymama culture. Let's not forget that you also reward the prostitution and hookup industry in Nigeria which you would like to complain about. So much for the moral uprightness of the Nigerian people. grin

I bet you the majority of those who conducted the test for supposed "peace of mind" are themselves adulterers. Imagine wanting peace of mind when you don't know how to give it. grin

Abeg, stop talking crap and saying "you see".

In the USA, the same result is 32%, in the UK it is 48% and in Jamaica it is 70%.

So Nigeria is not that bad and fueling nothing. Some women are just loose!

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Gamesmart:
■ Abeg, stop talking crap and saying "you see". In the USA, the same result is 32%, in the UK it is 48% and in Jamaica it is 70%. So Nigeria is not that bad and fueling nothing. Some women are just loose!
So when the report went out that Nigerian ranked 2nd highest in the world, not too long ago, that was a lie? undecided

Nigeria ranks 2nd highest in paternity fraud in the world

Misinformation and Nigerians are like 2 Siamese twins joined together at the head.... no separation is possible it seems for many cases. lipsrsealed
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Gamesmart: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So when the report went out that Nigerian ranked 2nd highest in the world, not too long ago, that was a lie? undecided

Nigeria ranks 2nd highest in paternity fraud in the world

Misinformation and Nigerians are like 2 Siamese twins joined together at the head.... no separation is possible it seems for many cases. lipsrsealed

If one's IQ is low enough to believe useless, daft and low IQ Nigerian journalists that an un-named and un-referenced report states something; and all & the only evidence they produced was saying:

"The perception that paternity fraud is high in Nigeria is not unfounded. Reports have been making the rounds that Nigeria has the 2nd highest rate of paternity fraud in the world after Jamaica."

Then, that is that person's problem.

I strictly depend on reliable sources with people with high IQ and professionalism. Not demsay moooorons!
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
Gamesmart:
If one's IQ is low enough to believe useless, daft and low IQ Nigerian journalists that an un-named and un-referenced report states something; and all & the only evidence they produced was saying: "The perception that paternity fraud is high in Nigeria is not unfounded. Reports have been making the rounds that Nigeria has the 2nd highest rate of paternity fraud in the world after Jamaica."[/i]Then, that is that person's problem.I strictly depend on reliable sources with people with high IQ and professionalism. Not [i]demsay moooorons!
Abeg, get away! undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by spiSeyi: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
killsmith:
Marry virgin, you no gree.
See the result of "a woman's past does not matter".

You are a mumu man grin, are those whores not once a virgin. 95% of married women would like to taste a different d!ck . Women love to explore than we men, I have sampled some married church babes p*ssy that were married as a virgin when I was still in the game just bcs they said that they wanted to explore the experience their friends share with them and they are shy to tell their husband so that he won't be thinking they have turn out to be something else grin
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by WetSmoke: 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin Whenever DNA is mentioned Nairaland men start wailing. As if the women inhaled the pregnancy grin

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
WetSmoke:
grin Whenever DNA is mentioned Nairaland men start wailing. As if the women inhaled the pregnancy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kerosene Lantern Explodes In Nkporo, Abia, Kills 1, Injures 3 (Graphic Photos) / My Stepmother Wants To Sleep With Me / A Friend's Mum And Niece Are Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.