Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report (18769 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Fryx: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Procashtips(m): 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Abifarin16:

As a man that knows a lady is getting married in a few days, why you no refuse the offer. Not everything given freely should be accepted have some self respect.

You see you guys.

Most men are predators
Men were created to dominate, prey over anything they perceive to be weak.

It's like telling a lion why it chose to devor an antelope that deliberately walked into it's environment.

A man (most times) have little to lose when it comes to sex brought on a platter of gold.

What this feminist rubbish will cause the female gender is yet to be measured in this part of the world.

It's already destroying that of the western world, what we have witnessed here so far is just a child's play.

When the world returns back to the age where it's about survival of the fittest, let's see how many female can hold their own.

Make una dey compare chest o.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Procashtips(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean fight foolishness of their men, not lies, right? And what reason would those females have to engage in such stewpidity? undecided

What are you on about?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
kkins25:

Acidosis is right in the sense that the method used to collect data is no different from Snowball sampling. The downside of snowball method is the likelihood of reporting exacerbated figures.
This report is not even a representation of the entire Lagos State, we can't generalize it to an entire geo-political zone or the entire Nigeria. Like the research said, the Lagos figure might be high due to the proximity of Smart Labs location to the sample population.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Procashtips:

You see you guys.

Most men are prey
Men were created to dominate, prey over anything they perceive to be weak.

It's like telling a lion why it chose to devor an antelope that deliberately walked into it's environment.

A man (most times) have little to lose when it comes to sex brought on a platter of gold.

What this feminist rubbish will cause the female gender is yet to be measured in this part of the world.

It's already destroying that of the western world, what we have witnessed here so far is just a child's play.

When the world returns back to the age where it's about survival of the fittest, let's see how many female can hold their own.

Make una dey compare chest o.
What are you even saying?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Those men are also responsible for impregnating other women out there. The baby mama stuff. What goes around comes around.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Timiblanko(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
Please note: Alot of bad things are happening in Nigerian hospital for long now.

Kids are being swapped once you a woman give birth.

It has even gotten to its peak but people do not know.

A brother of mine has a case, he is AC so he married AA just to avoid trouble.

After the wife gave birth the third day problem began.

After a month the child begin to sleep in the hospital, when test was later done, the child is SS.

They went to series of hospital to confirm the rest still the same thing.

This happened in Ogbomosho Hospital.

Be careful out there.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by DrMuzungu(m): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lol, w@nkers.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Omoawoke2(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
For Igbos that said they are more than Yorubas in lagos, una don see am

Over 67% of people tested randomly were Yorubas
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Fryx:
■ A woman once told me “A man should accept any child a woman called his provided the woman chose the man” — she is an elderly woman who is supposed to be a peace keeper. angry

They literally think it’s ok for a woman to “Fvck around.”
LOL...your culture denies women a lot of things in exchange for at least that. undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by NAC1666: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Smart DNA, a leading DNA testing center based in Lagos, Nigeria, has released a comprehensive data analysis of all relationship DNA tests conducted at its facility between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that DNA is Deoxyribonucleic acid; it is the material that carries genetic information for the development and functioning of an organism.

A DNA test (genetic testing) is a medical test that can identify mutations in one’s genes, chromosomes or proteins.

These tests provide information about an individual’s ancestral roots.

A DNA relationship test is the use of genetic profiles to determine whether an individual is the biological parent of another individual.

The Smart DNA report, based on thousands of users, provides an unprecedented insight into the DNA testing trends across Nigeria.

Released on Tuesday, it showed startling findings about the reasons people seek testing, the demographics of those tested, and the outcomes of the tests.

Nevertheless, it showed positive results which indicated that the men who came out positive as the biological fathers of the children who they queried their paternity, accounted for 73.88 per cent of tests.

Negative results were 26.12 per cent of those who were tested.

On geographical spread, the report showed that Lagos accounted for the highest percentage of tests, with 82.89 per cent of the total.

This is followed by Oyo (3.29 per cent), Ogun (3.07 per cent) and FCT (2.63 per cent and Rivers (2.41 per cent).

“This heavy concentration in Lagos, particularly the Mainland (68.14 percent) compared to the Island (31.86 per cent), is likely due to the location of Smart DNA’s office in Lagos.

“Also likely due to the purchasing power of the state’s residents, and the high population density of the state,’’ it said.

The report showed that the majority of tests (89.10 per cent) were conducted for ‘Peace of Mind’, followed by ‘Immigration’ (8.97 per cent), and ‘Legal’ (0.64 per cent).

“This suggests that individuals primarily seek DNA testing to confirm biological relationships for personal reasons rather than legal or immigration purposes.’’

It showed that men were the predominant initiators of contact, making up 86.44 per cent of the first contacts, compared to 13.56 per cent made by women.

“This indicates that men are more likely to have doubts about paternity or other relationships and take the initiative to seek testing,’’ it said.

“Positive results indicating that the man tested is the biological father of the child, accounted for 73.88 per cent of tests, while negative results made up 26.12 per cent.

“This suggests that in the majority of cases, the men seeking testing are indeed the biological fathers, but in more than 1 in 4 cases, the tested father is not the biological father of the child’’.

On Ethnic Group, the Yoruba ethnic group had the highest percentage of tests (61.23 per cent), followed by Igbo (19.07 per cent).

“Others (12.08 per cent), and Edo (6.78 per cent). This may be reflective of the ethnic distribution in Lagos and the surrounding areas’’.

On the sex of the child, more tests were conducted on male children (56.62 per cent) compared to female children (43.38 per cent).

It said that this may suggest a cultural preference for confirming paternity of male offspring, although further research would be needed to confirm this hypothesis.

Analysing the age range of those tested, it said that most tests were conducted on children aged 0-5 years (58.02 per cent), followed by the 6-12 age group (25.95 per cent).

“This indicates that paternity tests are mostly done on children when they are younger rather than when they get older’.

The Smart DNA findings said that the men who opted for these DNA tests were mostly between the ages of 31-40 years (40 per cent) and 41-50 years (23 per cent).

“ This age group is likely to have young children and may be in a financial position to afford the testing’’.

Officials of Smart DNA said the centre is committed to providing fully accredited DNA testing services to clients in accordance with the highest international standards.

According to them, the report aims to shed light on the current trends in relationship DNA testing in Nigeria, contributing to a better understanding of this important aspect of our society. (NAN)

https://dailytrust.com/over-25-of-tested-men-in-nigeria-arent-biological-fathers-dna-report/
75% of first son's are not with their biological fathers

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by GreatrAnalyst: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Acidosis:
That is a great figure for a non-representative sample. People who go for DNA tests already have some level of doubts about the paternity of their children. So, this finding cannot apply to "Nigerian men."

If only 25% of men who harbour doubts and trust issues regarding their children's paternity receive negative results, then it mean that 75% of men return home with a sense of relief and joy. To achieve a more representative data, the paternity clinic needs to select and test men at random from all geopolitical zones.

Yeah!

That's how analysts think!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Fryx: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Omoawoke2:
For Igbos that said they are more than Yorubas in lagos, una don see am

Over 67% of people tested randomly were Yorubas
Wrong! The test instead reveals those who are able to afford peace of mind. Those numbers do not replace your Government Census. undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by fuke(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
The percenage will be higher especially first borns.

it is possible to live till 90s and over.
watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VDtCLEAaig&t=14s
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Omoawoke2(m): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
yarimo:
Wow 24.7% are Obidients according to the smart DNA

Awon Omo ale
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Omoawoke2(m): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! The test instead reveals those who are able to afford peace of mind. Those numbers do not replace your Government Census. undecided

Out of the sample tested, irrespective of their ability or not, 67% of them are Yorubas . This still confirms the ethnic dominance of Yoruba in Lagos
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Abifarin16: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2023
Maybe they did the test for less than a 1000 people.

However, for every unfaithful woman out there is an equally capable unfaithful Man, who will eventually reap what he has sown.

You sleep with married women, when you finally get to marry it is the high blood pressure from the possibility of your children not being yours and that of your wife infidelity that will kill you.

We will now see topics like: Percentage of men that die due to HBP from karma related infidelity.
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Fryx: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Omoawoke2:
■ Out of the sample tested, irrespective of their ability or not, 67% of them are Yorubas . This still confirms the ethnic dominance of Yoruba in Lagos
Still no evidence for what you claim given that this test is only taken by those who can afford it and those who have no choice otherwise. undecided

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
Fryx:
Their culture. Not mine. I set my own culture for others to follow.

I don’t blame the women though. I blame the men that allowed and encouraged it.
Fine! undecided

Indeed! undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Omoawoke2(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Still no evidence for what you claim given that this test is only taken by those who can afford it and those who have no choice otherwise. undecided

You are a baby in statistics
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Fryx: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Bringbackmandat: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
DNA test should be compulsory in every hospital. The birth certificate should also carry the DNA of every child.
National assembly should work on this.

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
Fryx:

And women don’t know how to say “No.” They are being raped right?
must you demand for sex from her is she your wife?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Fryx: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Walz001: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmmmm na wa oooo Thr Life No really Balance since the time of Eve in Our World
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Procashtips(m): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
Abifarin16:

What are you even saying?

It flew over your head?
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by triplechoice(m): 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, women open for them means it is all the fault of the women? Like I said before this..... foolishness and stewpidity. lipsrsealed

Do you even know what's paternity fraud ?

So if my wife or the girl I intend to marry cheats on me and gets impregnated by another man ,I ,who has no knowledge of what has transpired behind me , should be blamed for it ?

I'm the one who has been cheated on and still being defrauded with a child that's not mine, yet you say it's my fault ?

How ?

1 Like

Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
Fryx:
■ Yes. Women are designed to follow instructions. They got mad if you deceived them, but they Will helplessly still trust you. Men are the ones to give laws and maintain the society. But men are increasingly becoming “pussies” these days.
■ No wonder the west is taking power from men so that the leaders can control them more effectively. It’s difficult giving power to men that are no longer men. It is easier knowing they are all women, so western leaders simply encourage confusion and women authority.
■ If I am a leader. I will do the same.
I don't agree with this. undecided

2. The West shocked shocked I don't agree with this either.

3. Look at your leaders for example of you. undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2023
triplechoice:
■ Do you even know what's paternity fraud ? So if my wife or the girl I intend to marry cheats on me and gets impregnated by another man ,I ,who has no knowledge of what has transpired behind me , should be blamed for it ? I'm the one who has been cheated on and still being defrauded with a child that's not mine, yet you say it's my fault ? How ?
*** Yawn*** undecided
Re: Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report by Fryx: 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malnourished Child & mother Inside IDP Camp Borno (Photo) / Must A Girl Marry???? / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.