Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady (42193 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US / Kaduna, Dangote, BUA Refineries May Source Crude Oil From Abroad / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Judolisco(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORK😂😂😂
d issue is dat a lot of people r benefitting from dis rubbish... If not somebody woke up one day and started building a refinery in kaduna with d rubbish aim of supplying product to d North... Now none of d refineries r working... We need recolonization
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by easiest(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
She's not the one that said make una no smart as a nation. I get your back jare
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by vowahah: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.
i like ur English but am surprise u not educated how is this possible?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Global2000: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
Guy go to sleep you have nothing to say. I couldn't even finish this essay you wrote here.

tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Versal: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
You won't believe this but the UK, our slave master, is our major problem.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by FireUpNow(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nigeria as a country import everything so why should I be so amaze?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by bentenny(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ok i agree with this. I still believe asorock cabals will be more difficult for obi to handle if he was there, just the way goodluck administration was frustrated.
Whatever everyone feels, lets hope the new government get it right within four years. I still believe Nigerians themselves need to be productive individually to reduce importation.
What has been done by the current administration that also supported the 8 years failure of Buhari to provide the basic requirements like efficient power supply,unified tax regime,reduction of transport cost,reliable security system and accessible roads for businesses to run smoothly in the country?
All this present administration has done is to keep increasing taxes for an already taxed private sector!

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Solsix(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
spiSeyi:

Tell us one sustainable project Obi did that transformed the SE, BAT as a governor created Lekki free trade zone and today it's one of the face of SW and Nigeria 2 He was the one who revolutionized the telecoms sector monopoly by introducing ECONETS that still exist as Airtel today, and we all know how Airtel have improved the life of Nigerians & some other Africans by providing jobs and tech. Politics & tribalism apart PO is not a match for the likes of Pres BAT, Obi should be compared with and the likes of Rochas, Obiano and maybe Amaechi
Yes I agree his not a match to BAT. For someone to forfeit almost half a million dollars way back before you were born shows that he doesn't have a match. Thanking for pointing that out.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Omenlon: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Abagworo:

The "PH" refinery has been working all these years but never in full capacity and at heavy loss. Nothing owned by Government can work except under a dictator who does quick judgement using decree instead of normal law. Obasanjo got an easy solution but Yar'Adua sacrificed it on a plata. Buhari sold Port Harcourt refinery to OANDO which is a private Company and he did it quietly so what is actually happening is that OANDO has acquired NNPC and interest of some powerful politicians is in OANDO so a Monopoly in the oil sector is being established.
please stop feeding people with wrong information. PH refinery has never produced a drop of PMS or any products for the past 7years. I agree with you that OBJ did right by privatising the refineries but Yar'Adua goofed by reversing the policy. Buhari selling PH refinery secretly to OANDO is one of those beer parlour gist from the other side. Let us always verify our information before pushing them out to the public.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Betanaija42moro: 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Wetin concern Obi for this matter. Una too dey talk rubbish
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Wandetoluwani(f): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
she knows the govt are aware nw
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Nursepepeye(f): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.
you and who, these set of politicians we have now will rather die than to stop thier evil source of wealth
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Gerrard59(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
Yeah. Exxon has one of its biggest refineries in Jurong Island. Ditto for Shell, which has a massive petrochemical facility on the same island. That island is a beehive for petrochemical industries, a major component of Singapore's manufacturing sector.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by 1Dray(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.

Dey play
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Fearyourcreator: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

The military era was a total waste of resources. From the time of obasanjo till now, the fight against corruption and improvement are growing at a very slow phase but lets see what this government can do.

Dont give excuses for individuals who take bank loans to import goods. Nigerians are not productive that is why it is easier to see someone getting loan to build massive hotel or import goods compare to manufacturing goods.
Nigerians are not productive
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Agugbadin: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
Meanwhile our refineries together produces zero litres of refined Petroleum products and pays Billions of Naira as staff salaries.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Onewazobia(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I understand your sentiments here,
Reasonable although I didn't vote for PBAT.
I hope he'll give me reason to 👍 @nextElection
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Paulinho59(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Programmer47:

This is how am average batidiot thinks. No sense, no direction, just how to drag Obi and throw insults.

Blaming a country's citizens for importation?
Like, which brain una get?
4 refineries and no one is working and you correlated with Individuals importing?
Most of you need real help, not just with finance but with your mentality.

At this point, you can't think rationally again. The next thing is to insult me and throw tribal slurs as usual. Very senseless mob of individuals

Honestly speaking, I wonder the way some people do reason sometimes. Some human being are supposed to be goat or even a fowl. How can a grown up will be this dumb upstairs.!

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by naija1stnigar(m): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.
how many refinery your father get?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ifegen(m): 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

You really had me with the first few paragraphs but I was reading on to see what solutions or conclusions you were going to make and there was none. Just there. RANTS RANTS RANTS, POINTLESS CRITICISM.
Are you saying Tinubu will cut down on imports? What exactly is he going to do to turn the tides around since as we can see, importation is one of the things killing us in this country from the video we just watched.
This isn't the post for your political sentiments, flush it down the toilet biko.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by oliverano: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
Programmer47:

This is how am average batidiot thinks. No sense, no direction, just how to drag Obi and throw insults.

4 refineries and no one is working and you correlated with Individuals importing?
At this point, you can't think rationally again. The next thing is to insult me and throw tribal slurs as usual. Very senseless mob of individuals

That guy is just too slow. Trying so hard to be full of wit, but absolutely nothing to show. Dem dey mention importation, e drag Obi enter for likes and shares. God forbid!

I wish I can unread his dog water comment 🤮

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I must be very stupid to think Obi is just an importer. You left out all his corporate jobs including the youngest chairman of fidelity Bank ever at 40 to yap about importation?

Now that Tinubu is misruling the nation, what's the proof that he isn't a dolt ?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by penearth(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nigeria will be great again. God help Tinubu
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ifegen(m): 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
DeLaRue:
Importation will reduce by fire by force.

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

I think we finally have a clever government.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

These are just few examples of non-essential imports that is killing the naira.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.

I don't know if it might because they're still importing any which way. Govt should just get more proactive and ban all inessential food imports entirely as they did with Rice whilst encouraging those countries to establish factories here. Same as Tecno's parang company who has a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia. They can establish one in Nigeria too.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by oliverano: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm not Igbo nor Obidielnt but what's the correlation between this post and Peter Obi.

For likes and shares?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by spiSeyi: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
Solsix:

Yes I agree his not a match to BAT. For someone to forfeit almost half a million dollars way back before you were born shows that he doesn't have a match. Thanking for pointing that out.
Answer the question and stop beating around the bush sir, anyway na person wey no get evidence go explain tire grin
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Was it Obidients that disenfranchised voters from voting in Lagos ? Killed and maimed some just for Tinubu ?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by NOwazobia: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.
While it may stop, I doubt it will be soon.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by naija1stnigar(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. Stop writing rubbish because you want fellow fools to like your comment, how on Earth can a normal human being compare personal business with what is happening in Nigeria oil and gas industry.Nigeria is an oil producing country with about 4 refineries and different moduler refineries but will has chosen to neglect that and import petrol, when it costs them nothing to get our refineries working and refine oil for Nigeria and other African neighbors can that be compared to business men who deal majorly in what Nigeria doesn't produce? Vehicles, clothes, Electronics, motor spare parts etc. If you count all this as rubbish just to support your mumu submission then it means that the clothes you are wearing is rubbish and also the phone you are using is also a big rubbish
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by bdon12: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORK😂😂😂
It wont work,i hav an msc in oil and gas so m speaking frm professional perspective. They need to sell those refineries n build new ones.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by davibid: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.

I believe you my brother
My heart bled when I watched the video, but something in me tells me that Africa will soon be free from the shackles of modern slavery particularly Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by membranus: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Programmer47:

When you are throwing the same insults and tribal slurs at the opposing camp, and you are expecting to be exempted from the same bullets, that's surely a delusional mindset.

Oga, you will get what you served, with no reservation from any.

But meanwhile it is too early to judge your sworn political enemy, BAT, of non performance just after only 3 months. Come back after 2 years, then your appraisal will be meaningful.

And I doubt if your Obi can do better than what BAT has done so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Dalung’s Absence From Buhari’s Ministerial List / Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Tinubu Appointment To Reconcile Aggrieved APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.