Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady (42116 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US / Kaduna, Dangote, BUA Refineries May Source Crude Oil From Abroad / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by abdulhakim3(m): 2:51am On Sep 13, 2023

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Fafesot: 2:55am On Sep 13, 2023
That'll stop soon..

We promise.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 3:00am On Sep 13, 2023
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORK😂😂😂

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 3:21am On Sep 13, 2023
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.

162 Likes 23 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Programmer47: 4:06am On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.

This is how am average batidiot thinks. No sense, no direction, just how to drag Obi and throw insults.

Blaming a country's citizens for importation?
Like, which brain una get?
4 refineries and no one is working and you correlated with Individuals importing?
Most of you need real help, not just with finance but with your mentality.
At this point, you can't think rationally again. The next thing is to insult me and throw tribal slurs as usual. Very senseless mob of individuals

411 Likes 50 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Wisereborn: 4:11am On Sep 13, 2023
Yet the the leaders says they are not the problems undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by MrsTwrite(f): 4:41am On Sep 13, 2023
An insane country.

16 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by DeLaRue: 4:43am On Sep 13, 2023
Importation will reduce by fire by force.

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

I think we finally have a clever government.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

These are just few examples of non-essential imports that is killing the naira.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Abagworo(m): 5:22am On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

[b]MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. [/b]AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORK😂😂😂

The "PH" refinery has been working all these years but never in full capacity and at heavy loss. Nothing owned by Government can work except under a dictator who does quick judgement using decree instead of normal law. Obasanjo got an easy solution but Yar'Adua sacrificed it on a plata. Buhari sold Port Harcourt refinery to OANDO which is a private Company and he did it quietly so what is actually happening is that OANDO has acquired NNPC and interest of some powerful politicians is in OANDO so a Monopoly in the oil sector is being established.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by JaneYave(f): 5:23am On Sep 13, 2023
Nothing is surprising in the face of demeaning nation.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ruggedtimi(m): 5:36am On Sep 13, 2023
And the nigerians politicians on the tour bus dey laugh out loud. Terrible situation we find ourselves. Imagine if we are actually refining our crude. Wetin concern us with dollar rise.

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Quintessence44: 5:42am On Sep 13, 2023
IRRELEVANT NEWS.

WE KNOW THE SITUATION WILL BE DIFFERENT VERY SOON WITH THE DANGOTE REFINERY COMING ON STREAM, AND WITH THIS NEW, DYNAMIC TINUBU ADMINISTRATION ENJOYING GROWING NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RESPECT FOR ITS ADMINISTRATIVE COMPETENCE AND VISION.

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ruggedtimi(m): 5:42am On Sep 13, 2023
Abagworo:

The "PH" refinery has been working all these years but never in full capacity and at heavy loss. Nothing owned by Government can work except under a dictator who does quick judgement using decree instead of normal law. Obasanjo got an easy solution but Yar'Adua sacrificed it on a plata. Buhari sold Port Harcourt refinery to OANDO which is a private Company and he did it quietly so what is actually happening is that OANDO has acquired NNPC and interest of some powerful politicians is in OANDO so a Monopoly in the oil sector is being established.
last time i checked ...the ph refinery stopped producing pms under goodluck. It was a 50;50 thing, sometimes dey refine and most-times dey were importing ( i remember when my boss at the depot would ask me : did you hear the sound of a ship?) , the depot was working since they were only selling imported pms. Right now nothing is working. Turn-around mainetanence has been going on for the last 5years. Make we dey see.

8 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ican2020: 5:45am On Sep 13, 2023
That’s the reality on ground
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 13, 2023
Nigerians have extremely low self esteem so they can easily get manipulated by foreigners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 13, 2023
Don't worry we start refining all here in Nigeria 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by mytime24(f): 6:08am On Sep 13, 2023
How old is nigeria again angry

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Solsix(m): 6:10am On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

You are wrong about Obi. He performed well in Anambra against all odds. He knows how to succeed when everyone and everything is against him. Obi is a major chair holder in some quoted company in Nigerian stock exchange. Aman who don't believe in Nigeria will not invest so much in Nigerian company. If you into the kind business he is (stores) you cannot avoid importation because some of the things nneds especially by the elites are not produced in Nigeria. When obi was the governor of Anambra state he identify big companies and wanted to refurbished and bring them to life but the shareholders of those companies took him to court. For example he wanted to revive eastern brewery but Authur Eze and co stopped him he invited international brewery instead.That company is still moribound as we speak . The same way obidients insults is the same way agbodoist insult us. There are igbos who are stunch tinubu supporters just like your people voted Peter Obi. The innoson everyone is celebrating now was so much supported by Obi, if you listen to innocent chukwuma testimony you will know what am saying. Peter Obi knows how to squeeze water out from the rock. I don't normally engage people online, but u made some valid points that needs to addressed.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ehikwe22: 6:15am On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

APC is a devilish party. After Buhari spent years victim blaming, Tinubu is taking it to another new height.

Why is Tinubu and his minions bent on transferring all government failures on Nigerians?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Bridget95(f): 6:15am On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

why reasoning from the ass.

You blame individuals for buying abroad to make a living. Are they supposed to rob banks who deny them credit to finance manufacturing?

Peter obi is just an individual like you and I. How much is state allocation ? That aside. He built his private business before becoming governor,remember as of 1970 the federal government seized all igbo monies in the bank and hand only 20 pounds

I expect you to ask your country what its presidents have been using the generated monies from crude oil sales since 1957 -2023 to do that our 4 refineries built by the military is down and rotten.

Let me answer for you.
Your leaders are profiting from corrupt practices in the oil export and import sector this is the reason they won't let go of importation of refund crude oil products they also know that they have fools who will defend them on ethnic and religious reasons

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ehikwe22: 6:18am On Sep 13, 2023
DeLaRue:
Importation will reduce by fire by force.

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

I think we finally have a clever government.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

These are just few examples of non-essential imports that is killing the naira.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.

wonders shall never end. You want to use poverty to fight against importation?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by owem19(m): 6:27am On Sep 13, 2023
Total rubbish
tollyboy5:

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Lol.

Obi is the best.
You talk all the trash and did not address the issue.

You lack sanity

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 6:36am On Sep 13, 2023
Abagworo:

Except if you have an exclusive information, that refinery wasn't sold. But nontheless, Nigerians are very industrious and that refinery will be of great impact on our nation. But from mid next year we will start to see the impact of this government if it continue this way.

Let all well-meaning Nigerians forget the person who is president and contribute to the growth of the nation. I will not vote for Peter Obi come 2027 if he does not contribute to the development of this country.

It's not always about looking like a saint, it's about acting a Saint.

SUPPORT THIS PRESIDENT AS YOU WOULD THE ONE YOU VOTE. MAKES SENSE RIGHT??

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 6:52am On Sep 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Lol.

Obi is the best.
You talk all the trash and did not address the issue.

You lack sanity
He's the best because he's igbo and it should be igbo turn?

5 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 6:59am On Sep 13, 2023
Bridget95:
why reasoning from the ass.

You blame individuals for buying abroad to make a living. Are they supposed to rob banks who deny them credit to finance manufacturing?

Peter obi is just an individual like you and I. How much is state allocation ? That aside. He built his private business before becoming governor,remember as of 1970 the federal government seized all igbo monies in the bank and hand only 20 pounds

I expect you to ask your country what its presidents have been using the generated monies from crude oil sales since 1957 -2023 to do that our 4 refineries built by the military is down and rotten.

Let me answer for you.
Your leaders are profiting from corrupt practices in the oil export and import sector this is the reason they won't let go of importation of refund crude oil products they also know that they have fools who will defend them on ethnic and religious reasons
The military era was a total waste of resources. From the time of obasanjo till now, the fight against corruption and improvement are growing at a very slow phase but lets see what this government can do.

Dont give excuses for individuals who take bank loans to import goods. Nigerians are not productive that is why it is easier to see someone getting loan to build massive hotel or import goods compare to manufacturing goods.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ElSudani: 7:00am On Sep 13, 2023
This is what some crooked Nigerians are trying to preserve because they benefit from it while the majority of the people suffer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 7:08am On Sep 13, 2023
Solsix:

You are wrong about Obi. He performed well in Anambra against all odds. He knows how to succeed when everyone and everything is against him. Obi is a major chair holder in some quoted company in Nigerian stock exchange. Aman who don't believe in Nigeria will not invest so much in Nigerian company. If you into the kind business he is (stores) you cannot avoid importation because some of the things nneds especially by the elites are not produced in Nigeria. When obi was the governor of Anambra state he identify big companies and wanted to refurbished and bring them to life but the shareholders of those companies took him to court. For example he wanted to revive eastern brewery but Authur Eze and co stopped him he invited international brewery instead.That company is still moribound as we speak . The same way obidients insults is the same way agbodoist insult us. There are igbos who are stunch tinubu supporters just like your people voted Peter Obi. The innoson everyone is celebrating now was so much supported by Obi, if you listen to innocent chukwuma testimony you will know what am saying. Peter Obi knows how to squeeze water out from the rock. I don't normally engage people online, but u made some valid points that needs to addressed.
Ok i agree with this. I still believe asorock cabals will be more difficult for obi to handle if he was there, just the way goodluck administration was frustrated.
Whatever everyone feels, lets hope the new government get it right within four years. I still believe Nigerians themselves need to be productive individually to reduce importation.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ElSudani: 7:10am On Sep 13, 2023
ehikwe22:

wonders shall never end. You want to use poverty to fight against importation?

You don't understand what he is saying at all.

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Gadafii: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

country with four refineries and non is working, and you are blaming Nigerians for importing things that Nigeria isn’t producing

Do you have rotten fufu for a brain?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 7:19am On Sep 13, 2023
Programmer47:

This is how am average batidiot thinks. No sense, no direction, just how to drag Obi and throw insults.

Blaming a country's citizens for importation?
Like, which brain una get?
4 refineries and no one is working and you correlated with Individuals importing?
Most of you need real help, not just with finance but with your mentality.
At this point, you can't think rationally again. The next thing is to insult me and throw tribal slurs as usual. Very senseless mob of individuals
Lol I'm not going to insult you. At times Internet trolls will make you deviate from proper home training.
In my home we were trained to bridle our tongue, and as i grow older common sense do tell me not insult anyone, i don't know the kind of home training you got. Maybe that's how you guys do in your household then good luck!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Programmer47: 7:22am On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

He's the best because he's igbo and it should be igbo turn?

Lol. I believe its Obi that said Emi Lokan abi?
Delusional clowns

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara Planned To Impeach Buhari Today – Senator Abu Ibrahim / Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet / Bicycle Ride By Osita Chidoka To Last Federal Executive Meeting (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.