Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady (42203 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US / Kaduna, Dangote, BUA Refineries May Source Crude Oil From Abroad / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by lightwind(m): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Lol I'm not going to insult you. At times Internet trolls will make you deviate from proper home training.
In my home we were trained to bridle our tongue, and as i grow older common sense do tell me not insult anyone, i don't know the kind of home training you got. Maybe that's how you guys do in your household then good luck!
That man only told you the truth. Why are u deviating, shifting poles ? You didn't make any sense at all
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Mertaconsult: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
If you require the services of a professional content writer and data analyst for Masters and PhD thesis in social and biological sciences, conversant with statistical packages such as SPSS, MATLAB, EVIEWS etc

We also proofread and edit scripts (movies, skits) and ghost write ups (fiction and non fiction).

WhatsApp: 08111950390
Email: mertaconsult@gmail.com
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Amaggedon: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.
In all these things you just said i only understand that its only igbos that own the nigeria , and make policies right from the inception of nigeria, if not what the fxck will make you blme the igbos for what nigerian government allowed to be imported into the country? The funny thing is that the igbos has never had the the power to do so. The little the igbos could produce you will end up calling it igbo made, on aba made . Your kins have been in power without anything to show for it but here you're blaming the igbos.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Satazaa: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
DeLaRue:
Importation will reduce by fire by force.

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

I think we finally have a clever government.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

These are just few examples of non-essential imports that is killing the naira.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them. Welldone sir, I throway salute,

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Treasure17(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
How does this even make sense? Past and present president should be cooling off in jail.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Satazaa: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
DeLaRue:

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.

brilliant bro πŸ’―
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by lanocfoods: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.
So Emeka and Tayo and Taiwo should be the ones to set precedent for the government? what a lovely analysis
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.
Continue dy fool yourself
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Solsix(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
spiSeyi:

Answer the question and stop beating around the bush sir, anyway na person wey no get evidence go explain tire grin
Nah you still dey explain. You said BAT is greater than Peter Obi and I agree with you and I also gave u evidence. What again do u need??
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by djon78(m): 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

So this is all you got from this article?

Hmmm nawao
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Emma1Oj(m): 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
C insult!!
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Hellonearth: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

So u think you made sense with all these garbage u just drop here?

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by djon78(m): 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
DeLaRue:

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.

Ain't they still importing into the country?

Oga Buhari finished Nigeria's economy simple

The Economy was so much better during Jonathan period

Buhari totally killed the Economy

If Government is serious about local production
It must put measures to encourage Local producers

The only Local producers getting it a bit ok are those ones close to the corridors of power
And still they are not finding it funny: ask the likes of Dangote and the BUK group Man

The major problem with Nigeria is that politicians and those that drive our Economic seat are not honest one bit

They amass and loot the whole place dry and expect the ordinary Man to tie his belt and be suffering and smiling

All these will continue until politicians become honest and do the right and needed thing

But if not
Nigeria Will keep moving round and round the circle

This problem is mostly common in sub Saharan African countries with the exception of maybe Rwanda, Ethiopia to some extent Kenya

Every other sub Saharan African country are in very deep Economic backwardness

But the North African countries are doing well Economically: Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria etc

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by creativehubb: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2023
What a shame, it's a pity the black man is still caught up in gross consumerism. If you have a chance to lead your people and all you did was loot, then you are very useless to humanity and creation.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
bdon12:

It wont work,i hav an msc in oil and gas so m speaking frm professional perspective. They need to sell those refineries n build new ones.

His Excellency will say "you're not an engineer" that's what he told Obasanjo
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by frog12: 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
why is that?

Versal:
You won't believe this but the UK, our slave master, is our major problem.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ufotunang: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
Quintessence44:
IRRELEVANT NEWS.

WE KNOW THE SITUATION WILL BE DIFFERENT VERY SOON WITH THE DANGOTE REFINERY COMING ON STREAM, AND WITH THIS NEW, DYNAMIC TINUBU ADMINISTRATION ENJOYING GROWING NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RESPECT FOR ITS ADMINISTRATIVE COMPETENCE AND VISION.

..when will dangote refinery come on stream .. when during commissioning of dangote refinery they told nigerians danger refinery will start by August 2023...up till now it has not started
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
Judolisco:
d issue is dat a lot of people r benefitting from dis rubbish... If not somebody woke up one day and started building a refinery in kaduna with d rubbish aim of supplying product to d North... Now none of d refineries r working... We need recolonization

Look on the positive side of life and be grateful 😊😊😊
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Iamzik: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORKπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I don't blame Obasanjo. The government lies too much. Buhari increased fuel price three times in 8 year in the name of subsidy removal, spent over 2 trillion on turnaround maintenance yet no single refinery worked. We have no business buying one litre of fuel above 200 if we have sensible leaders.

How far with the Dangote that you people said will start refining in july? They rushed to commission incompleted project just to spread short-lived propaganda.

People are tired of APC lies!!

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2023
layzie:

Y do u need to pray for PH refinery to work. Y can't it just work ?? That's the issues of our country. Things that should happen normally, don't.

Depends on what you think of as prayer
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
Reinaldo:

Change for worse or better. Because things are already worsening

It's the order of things in life after pain comes relief. Just bare a little more 😊
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by asanausana91: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORKπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
continue fooling yourself if you are believing this illegal government. Everything about them is a lie. From the candidate to the election to Dangote refinery to certificate to all the promises. You must be insane to believe this lie lie government.
Everything about this is a lie.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Average9jaman: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.

? πŸ€” Who exactly is going to do that??
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ufotunang: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
It's the bad goverance and cooruption that caused it.... money, millions of naira will be provided for the turn around maintenance and repairs of the 4 refineries but the NNPC top management, directors, managers and politicians will loot and divert the money to their bank accounts and enrich themselves
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Sprints3: 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.
who go stop am mehmet stopal ni...
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Average9jaman: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
Quintessence44:
IRRELEVANT NEWS.

WE KNOW THE SITUATION WILL BE DIFFERENT VERY SOON WITH THE DANGOTE REFINERY COMING ON STREAM, AND WITH THIS NEW, DYNAMIC TINUBU ADMINISTRATION ENJOYING GROWING NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RESPECT FOR ITS ADMINISTRATIVE COMPETENCE AND VISION.

U sound so naive
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Sprints3: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
Iamzik:

I don't blame Obasanjo. The government lies too much. Buhari increased fuel price three times in 8 year in the name of subsidy removal, spent over 2 trillion on turnaround maintenance yet no single refinery worked. We have no business buying one litre of fuel above 200 if we have sensible leaders.

How far with the Dangote that you people said will start refining in july? They rushed to commission incompleted project just to spread short-lived propaganda.

People are tired of APC lies!!
the same thing tinubu and his cohorts are doing. Liars from pit of hell
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
Afotinu:

You mumu sha, refinery that jas not worked for years, will start working within 4 months, get sense young man, do you have an idea the deplorable state that refinery is in right about now, or were you thinking that Buhari did something tangible there?... omo Tinubu force that refinery to start working and it explodes or shutdown within some weeks or month and foolish people like you come here to complain say the refinery has been sabotaged or Militants, Boko Haram, ISWAP, ESN, Biafra, Cattlerustlers, Obidients, Articulates, NANS, has attacked the refinery, the THUNDER that will Fire such animals will directly be ordered from Sango, make una get small sense, don't believe everything the Government say/says, na so dem don dey catch una mugu since.

This is nothing but so much hate for our beloved country 😊 are the gods to be blamed for your hate

If your grandpa had a house that the roof was leaking and as a result you abandon it. Then you went there and renovate it and even changed some pillars will you not move in because you are scared that you'll be beaten by rain

I think it important you check the whole renovation happen at the refinery it's on youtube from channel TV.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tophempire: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
Smartguyboy:

That what they said about Dangote refinery it will start working August we are in September now.

But money no de to continue na, ewefiewerey no de cbn again to carry our money give am
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Johncuppa(m): 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
Abagworo:

The "PH" refinery has been working all these years but never in full capacity and at heavy loss. Nothing owned by Government can work except under a dictator who does quick judgement using decree instead of normal law. Obasanjo got an easy solution but Yar'Adua sacrificed it on a plata. Buhari sold Port Harcourt refinery to OANDO which is a private Company and he did it quietly so what is actually happening is that OANDO has acquired NNPC and interest of some powerful politicians is in OANDO so a Monopoly in the oil sector is being established.
Please, come and reexplain this thing.
As in, this same PH refinery we're waiting for is not a sole property of Nigeria government?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Truvelisback(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
MrsTwrite:
An insane country.
I am just Salt of words.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by babaedo: 6:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:

Except if you have an exclusive information, that refinery wasn't sold. But nontheless, Nigerians are very industrious and that refinery will be of great impact on our nation. But from mid next year we will start to see the impact of this government if it continue this way.

Let all well-meaning Nigerians forget the person who is president and contribute to the growth of the nation. I will not vote for Peter Obi come 2027 if he does not contribute to the development of this country.

It's not always about looking like a saint, it's about acting a Saint.

SUPPORT THIS PRESIDENT AS YOU WOULD THE ONE YOU VOTE. MAKES SENSE RIGHT??
Tinubu don't deserve support nor prayers because he has never supported meaningful government in the past. He fought Good Luck Jonathan till he left office .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Clear IPOB/ESN Camps In Okigwe, Imo; Recover Fresh & Old Corpses (Photos) / Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians / After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.