Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Muslim Getting Baptized - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslim Getting Baptized (2956 Views)

How Does One Grow In Spirit And Get To Be Baptized In Holy Ghost? / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? / In What Name Should a Christian Be Baptized? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Getting Baptized by seedord247(m): 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
Is it a good thing for a muslim to get baptized?
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by obua: 4:39am On Oct 18, 2011
Baptism is for those who believe that Christ is the son of God and that he died to save us from sin
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by PastorsKid: 10:10am On Oct 18, 2011
@ poster.

Salvation precedes baptism.

You DO NOT get baptised until you are born again. And if the guy is born again, he is no more a muslim rather he's now a new creation in Christ Jesus.

But if he's not born again and he's baptised, then, he remains a muslim even after the baptism.

You need to understand the original intention of the early church for establishing the sacrament of baptism.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by LagosShia: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2011
while christians blough about their once in a lifetime baptism,muslims get baptized up to five times everyday with ablution (wudu).so why would i settle for less?infact why would i pray with a smelly and stinking nyash wiped with tissue paper,when we are taught purity in islam and how to maintain hygiene before worship?you see them in suits and in formal dresses but if you look close,they do not take their bath after intercourse and they do not wash after giving out waste.they may as well go to worship in those states while they tag themselves with "born again".it sounds more like "die again" grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
LagosShia:

while christians blough about their once in a lifetime baptism,muslims get baptized up to five times everyday with ablution (wudu).so why would i settle for less?infact why would i pray with a smelly and stinking nyash wiped with tissue paper,when we are taught purity in islam and how to maintain hygiene before worship?you see them in suits and in formal dresses but if you look close,they do not take their bath after intercourse and they do not wash after giving out waste.they may as well go to worship in those states while they tag themselves with "born again".it sounds more like "die again"  grin grin grin

ah muslims have started appropriating baptism now eh?

the reason christians consider that once in a lifetime baptism very important is that it is symbolic of dying to sin and rising up renewed in the spirit and nature of God. It is about spiritual cleansing . . . nothing to do with being physically clean which is what ablution (please desist from calling it baptism you dishonest thief) is all about.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by Sweetnecta: 10:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ heavy water [h30] of nuclear reactor or pure wata of poor nigerian invention? christiology and gimmick; die of sin.com
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by LagosShia: 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
davidylan:

ah muslims have started appropriating baptism now eh?

you can call it as you please.

the reason christians consider that once in a lifetime baptism very important is that it is symbolic of dying to sin and rising up renewed in the spirit and nature of God. It is about spiritual cleansing . . . nothing to do with being physically clean which is what ablution (please desist from calling it baptism you dishonest thief) is all about.

ablution gets you spiritually and physically clean.why dont you see that it is dishonest to define the activity of others rather than others identifying themselves with an act?instead of insulting others of being "theives" simply because they identify with an act in terms of doing it and knowing it more than you do,open your head to reason simple things.

i sense that you're getting more tensed and rude these days unlike before.i guess that must be the "burden of christianity" when you find yourself carrying more load than you can bear.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2011
LagosShia:

you can call it as you please.

ablution gets you spiritually and physically clean.why dont you see that it is dishonest to define the activity of others rather than others identifying themselves with an act?instead of insulting others of being "theives" simply because they identify with an act in terms of doing it and knowing it more than you do,open your head to reason simple things.

i sense that you're getting more tensed and rude these days unlike before.i guess that must be the "burden of christianity" when you find yourself carrying more load than you can bear.

nah, what muslims do now is appropriate christian terms to make the quran sound palatable to them. the other day another silly fraud was singing about salvation in islam. What a joke.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by LagosShia: 12:48am On Oct 19, 2011
davidylan:

nah, what muslims do now is appropriate christian terms to make the quran sound palatable to them. the other day another silly fraud was singing about salvation in islam. What a joke.

your brain is locked sincerely!

so what is funny about talking about salavtion in islam?

every religion believes that its own way is salvation.so what is "christian" about the word "salvation"?

definitely,salvation in islam has nothing to do with blood and sacrifice of Jesus as christians believe nor in any form of cannabalism like eating flesh and drinking blood of "our god" during worship.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:12am On Oct 19, 2011
I'm sure there is baptise in Islam but not in christian way. (surah al baqarah, the cow) Sibgatallah, wa man ahsanu minallahi sibgah.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by tpia5: 11:30am On Oct 19, 2011
I'm not sure why lagoshia is comparing ablution to baptism.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
LagosShia:

your brain is locked sincerely!

so what is funny about talking about salavtion in islam?

every religion believes that its own way is salvation.so what is "christian" about the word "salvation"?

definitely,salvation in islam has nothing to do with blood and sacrifice of Jesus as christians believe nor in any form of cannabalism like eating flesh and drinking blood of "our god" during worship.

that is absolutely untrue. Ever heard of the term "salvation" among shango worshippers, buddhists or taoists? Where is the term "salavation" mentioned or defined in the quran or is this another means of appropriating christian terms to make islam sound palatable?
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

I'm sure there is baptise in Islam but not in christian way. (surah al baqarah, the cow) Sibgatallah, wa man ahsanu minallahi sibgah.

you are chronically misinformed. It doesnt exist in islam.
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
These people are Copycats, as the days go by , Islam is beginning to look more like Christianity at least in outward expressions grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Getting Baptized by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
frosbel:

These people are Copycats, as the days go by , Islam is beginning to look more like Christianity at least in outward expressions grin grin grin grin grin

I didnt even know they had gone as far as inserting islam into the prophecies of Daniel. We are indeed in the last days,

(1) (Reply)

Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? / If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. / Is Allah Praying To Allah Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.