Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

What's Your Reason For Considering Japa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's Your Reason For Considering Japa (15090 Views)

I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable / UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Pentagon007: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
I traveled to Bénin République and currently working there. Life here is way better than Nigeria and am working and getting paid Valuable currency.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by adeniyilamlek(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Enskynelson:
Regime after regime
Government after government
The hope for a better tomorrow keep dwindling

No value for human life, meaning no matter who you are, one can just get kil*ed for nothing. And even after the kil*ed is no more, there is no hope for justice. I just remember the FUT Minna Lecturer who was slaughtered few days ago.

Sometime you just want to remain a mediocre and chose to stay here, stay down, close your eyes against the odds, keep shut and die in peace but then I remember people don't rest in peace in this part of the world. Dead people's skulls are often mined especially those of the ordinary people. Imagine resting in 'peace' with limbs in a big man's closet in Abuja and the skull in a big man's shop in Ogun. So scary. No clear hope for a better tomorrow and there is no hope for a rest in peace afterwards. Even those that have been sentenced to death end up living longer those who took them to court. Rev King while he has since been sentenced to death is still alive while many of his indirect victims have died.

There is also this thing Nigeria is doing to my mind. I keep seeing evil and bad people having their way everyday. I wake up to see wrong things being served as right. Kai... The thing tire me. I often get drained mentally and it's becoming a threat to my sanity. I wish these are enough reasons to file for an assylum sometimes.

I want to be where those that work succeed and those that don't work don't. I want to be where the bad get punished and where the good get applause; I want to be in a place where there is fear to do wrong no matter who you are.

I have hoped for a better Nigeria and at my young age I am afraid with all I have seen the new Nigeria may not be possible in my generation! 😭

well said 👍
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Quebec91(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
Confirm!
Racoon:
I never contemplate japa because of the current reality of not everything that glitters is gold. Nevertheless I will only japa @ my own volition.
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Chetas81(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
THE CONTRIBUTION YOU DO NOT HAVE HERE, WON'T BE AVAILABLE WHERE YOU GO, ONLY ADVANCE SLAVE LEAVE THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO RUN AWAY
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by sweethoney1234(f): 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
My husband matreats me.. I have a daughter already nd have refuse to bore him more children for the sake of my well being. Nd recently I discovered he his a NARCISSIST leaving the marriage nd still staying in Nigeria is not a good thing for my daughter nd I. So am seriously making plans to leave the country with my daughter just to be safe from him. That’s the only reason why I wanna japa

1 Like

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by class0247: 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
To look for an established Rich Nigerian beautiful girl in Canada or USA to Marry, build a family with her and be a great Dad, have access to go on a periodic vacations with my family. This can only be achieved outside Nigerian because Nigerian rich girls based in Nigeria are stingy. They will rather die alone and depressed with money than to use it to build with a man grin grin grin kiss

1 Like

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Itzteewhy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2023
Enskynelson:
Regime after regime
Government after government
The hope for a better tomorrow keep dwindling

No value for human life, meaning no matter who you are, one can just get kil*ed for nothing. And even after the kil*ed is no more, there is no hope for justice. I just remember the FUT Minna Lecturer who was slaughtered few days ago.

Sometime you just want to remain a mediocre and chose to stay here, stay down, close your eyes against the odds, keep shut and die in peace but then I remember people don't rest in peace in this part of the world. Dead people's skulls are often mined especially those of the ordinary people. Imagine resting in 'peace' with limbs in a big man's closet in Abuja and the skull in a big man's shop in Ogun. So scary. No clear hope for a better tomorrow and there is no hope for a rest in peace afterwards. Even those that have been sentenced to death end up living longer those who took them to court. Rev King while he has since been sentenced to death is still alive while many of his indirect victims have died.

There is also this thing Nigeria is doing to my mind. I keep seeing evil and bad people having their way everyday. I wake up to see wrong things being served as right. Kai... The thing tire me. I often get drained mentally and it's becoming a threat to my sanity. I wish these are enough reasons to file for an assylum sometimes.

I want to be where those that work succeed and those that don't work don't. I want to be where the bad get punished and where the good get applause; I want to be in a place where there is fear to do wrong no matter who you are.

I have hoped for a better Nigeria and at my young age I am afraid with all I have seen the new Nigeria may not be possible in my generation! 😭

Mhen!!! Walaahi it as if you just spoke what I have been thinking lately

People would keep telling you that you should believe in Nigeria that one day she's gonna be great but the question when would that day come This is the exact song our parent, infact our grandparents have been singing for donkey years and yet it just keep getting worsening everyday...

With all the events that's has happened this last 8yrs, it just indicate that the future is bleak unfortunately for this country..

Trust me I really have belief in this country, but anytime I just read news that grace frontpage I go just feel sad 😢.. really

The country is beyond redemption!!!

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by blackboy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2023
Buhari 2. Quality of Milo and Golden mourn not what it used to be in the past
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by AVECDEO: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
minakom:

Lol but soft yansh full naija na

Na craze full naija!
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Adolfnigeria: 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
@minakom

Oboi nah job loss make me japa. I dey earn over 500k, come lose my job.

I search for job, for naija and overseas.

In my job search for naija, I found that they are very limited opportunities for those of us high earners. You must know someone well placed. In fact i don interview two times for the same role at one of nigeria-s largest companies. After the first time, they advertised the role again, after about one year. Meaning the person who got the job, was sacked or moved on. the second time, they reject me. Omo that interview I am sure I did well.

anyhoos, interviewed for one company for overseas, them make me offer. I no know person, no bribe person. Na so I carry my job Japa. Funny part is salary is at least 3 times what was getting in naija.

Tor, I love naija, but wetin I go do nah. Bois have to chase the paper.

When your country is plagued by nepotism, and you have the skills. Guess what, migrate to where you will earn better and have more opportunities.

No dull yourself for your youth. Life short.

I intend to come back to naija, i go get second citizenship. Nah politics I wan enter.

May I dey lie to una like our vagabonds in power and carry money, for ghana must go.

Niaja, naija

minakom:
My own reason is to make money. Every other thing I hear people say is for their children, safety, healthcare. Who tell una sey dem no dey die abroad or them no dey kill people. Nowhere on earth is safe ooo.
Please share your opinions

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by nkemjacob2(m): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sapa wan kill me.
Even the japa self money no dey.
Anyway na way I fit choke head if opportunity they anywhere
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by seanwilliam(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
Vacation and bitchès
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by peace0813(f): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2023
minakom:
My own reason is to make money. Every other thing I hear people say is for their children, safety, healthcare. Who tell una sey dem no dey die abroad or them no dey kill people. Nowhere on earth is safe ooo.
Please share your opinions

Who tell you say them no dey make money for Nigeria?
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by stevonics: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
[quote author=DEBJOCH1 post=126773828]
Fgzgzzç,aq0gzxhzhhzgdzzzzff
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by lakefist(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
Alao046:
Not in my mind, i have never ever considered it in my life.
I can't go and be a slave in another man's country. Nigeria is a very big country. If u are serious with your life, there is no how, i repeat no how you won't make excess money in naija.
I rather be rich and wealthy in Naija than going to be below average class in another man's land.

Make i go dey stand like mumu for US /UK embassy make Oyibo dey asked me foolish question dey use me catch fun grin grin

This was the F00lish mentality I had before taking the bold step!

Who is slaving for who 🤷🏾‍♂️
Who is below average class in another man’s Country 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 places I worked na Oyinbos full there. We do same job no one is above the other.

The first place Fedex we had just 2 blacks (Nigerian and Cameroonian)

Second place same thing. Na Wetin make me change the F00lish mentality.

Keep deceiving yourself and let opportunities slip right away from your reach.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Rick9(m): 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
Bad Government

Bad Economy

Terrible People

Lack of Infrastructure

Security Challenges

Etc

1 Like

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Alao046(m): 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
lakefist:

This was the F00lish mentality I had before taking the bold step!

Who is slaving for who 🤷🏾‍♂️
Who is below average class in another man’s Country 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 places I worked na Oyinbos full there. We do same job no one is above the other.

The first place Fedex we had just 2 blacks (Nigerian and Cameroonian)

Second place same thing. Na Wetin make me change the F00lish mentality.

Keep deceiving yourself and let opportunities slip right away from your reach.

No matter where u work, u will never ever be able to attain the rich or wealthy status in that place you are.
If u like work 23 out of 24 hrs. You will always have a manageable or at most average lifestyle in where u are.
While in Nigeria here, i am rich in the Nigerian system.
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by jiz: 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2023
All of you that use your thumb to vote this renewed hopelessness and japa and left the masses in endless suffering, May thunder of deportation locate you to come and enjoy what you voted for. Tueh
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by MadeINchenzen2: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
Since Rwanda is now VISA free, I think it's time I go there and establish myself as a Rwandan... To be born as a Nigerian is a very big mistake and it's in my hands to change that, once and for all.

When I get to Rwanda I'll find a wife and bring more Rwandans into this world. If I step my foot again in Nigeria, make I bend
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Akano5(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
Tired of suffering especially from hunger -- I started getting fed up of Nigeria when I was 16 (year 2019) to enter school has become something else...

Even if it's via scholarship or any other Visa, I will move.

The truth is, We're not enjoying life in Nigeria, we're enduring life to the fullest -- what kind of life is that?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by molybdenum0012: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
Alao046:

No matter where u work, u will never ever be able to attain the rich or wealthy status in that place you are.
If u like work 23 out of 24 hrs. You will always have a manageable or at most average lifestyle in where u are.

Lol..Be deceiving yourself. I know your type sha....

1 Like

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by UnfairLife7(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
Alao046:

There are poor are wretched people abroad, there are millions of homeless people there.
There are people who can't afford 1 meal a day abroad, there are millions of beggers abroad also.
All ur reasons are shallow
Olodo

Give all Nigerians US or Canada visa and watch how 95% will jump on the offer

Give all Americans or Canadians Nigeria Visa and watch how 100% will spit at your face😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by UnfairLife7(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
rickleye:

Despite the amount remitted over. Money is not enough reason unless you are doing Yahoo. Money doesn’t grow on trees , it will take a while and even then you will need something that pays on the side with no taxes. The number that article reported Nigerians remitted does it account for the number of Nigerians in disposa as business people , individuals and or others ?
In any case to everyone their own.
my neighbour who relocated to US through Visa lottery after several years of underemployed job in Nigeria. He has spent 27 years in US with lots of houses and businesses in Nigeria. He helped his siblings to join him over there and they're all doing pretty fine now

If he doesn't had the opportunity to relocate, i am more than convince he can't achieve all that in Nigeria with his meager pay job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by holluville: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
grin
FalseProphet1:
To establish prophetic centers all over the world so that people can be sowing seeds in dollars.

I'm tired of prophesying on credit to Nigerians because they're becoming broke day by day.

This I have seen.
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by Trendy05(f): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2023
To make money and be far from all these shame.
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by lakefist(m): 12:32am On Nov 04, 2023
Alao046:

Another shallow thinking. Check around mkat investment back home running into trillions is from diaspora.

People don’t even work 24 hours yet they are doing great and employing indigenous people.

I know many Nigerians making it big both abroad and home.

Don’t worry we’ll come back and contest for a political post to rule you again and again. That is the circle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by lakefist(m): 12:33am On Nov 04, 2023
UnfairLife7:
my neighbour who relocated to US through Visa lottery after several years of underemployed job in Nigeria. He has spent 27 years in US with lots of houses and businesses in Nigeria. He helped his siblings to join him over there and they're all doing pretty fine now

If he doesn't had the opportunity to relocate, i am more than convince he can't achieve all that in Nigeria with his meager pay job

Don’t mind them. In life some people will never leave their low lives and the circle will go on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by UnfairLife7(m): 3:38am On Nov 04, 2023
molybdenum0012:

Lol..Be deceiving yourself. I know your type sha....
lol

Alao046 is a confirm mugu. Stop engaging him
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by UnfairLife7(m): 3:41am On Nov 04, 2023
peace0813:

Who tell you say them no dey make money for Nigeria?
Lol

Nigeria is a poverty alleviation entity with over 80% of her citizens being poor, while the political class are one of the richest in the whole world
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by UnfairLife7(m): 3:45am On Nov 04, 2023
able20:
I met one of the strong Tinubu's supporters Son in Germany, I asked why he came to Germany since his Father campaigned for Tinubu.
His reply " My father doesn't believe in Tinubu's government "
Then I realized the extent of the damage
fearyourcreator, helinues, jrusky and other miserable RONUs who lives in the trenches at Agege, okokomaiko, Mushin and the likes believe their paymaster emilokan is the best after bread and butter 🤣
Re: What's Your Reason For Considering Japa by UnfairLife7(m): 3:51am On Nov 04, 2023
Alao046:

Even if they make it Visa free, i will still not go.
2million is a lot of money in Naija. 4 million naira abroad is chicken change, you are living there as a poor man.
1. Your safety is not fucking guaranteed abroad, the daylight robbery is America is far more than what we have ever seen in Naija and what we will ever see. Imagine California, as far as what u stole is not more than $950, u can't be punished for it. Imagine how many businesses have crashed because of this. Is it me that will now go and open shop there, God forbids.
2. Dual citizenship is a stupid reason, i can't even comment on that.
3. Na thesame education we go through and we are making it here in Naija. You can even make it without education anywhere in the world. The Oyibo no dey go University like us, na mumu Nigerians dey go dash oyibo millions for education.
olodo

You can't afford all those luxury Stop decieving yourself and your likes

Your emilokan and his children has dual citizenship
Your emilokan and children run on a daily basis to those developed countries to hide our stolen wealth, get quality healthcare, quality education for their children, owned properties and established businesses with stolen wealth

No dey cap nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion Rocks Gwagwa, Abuja (Video, Photos) / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 21) / 8 Wrong Things Okada Riders In Lagos Always Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.