Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Think Carefully Before You Speak - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Think Carefully Before You Speak (97 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. / The Reality Behind 5G Network: Could This Be End Of The World? Read Carefully. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Think Carefully Before You Speak by Btruth: 6:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Think carefully before you speak

Thu, 14 Sep 2023

‘The one who guards his mouth protects his life;’ Proverbs 13:3

Here is a Bible verse we should all commit to memory: ‘The one who guards his mouth protects his life; the one who opens his lips invites his own ruin’ (Pro 13:3 CSB). Simply put, your tendency to speak without thinking will keep getting you into trouble.

The story is told of a vacuum cleaner salesman who had been given a remote rural area as his territory. He was going from farmhouse to farmhouse on his first day on the job, attempting to sell vacuum cleaners. When he arrived at one farmhouse, he knocked on the door and was met by a farmer’s wife who asked him what he wanted. Without asking permission, he shoved right past her into the kitchen and said, ‘I’m selling vacuum cleaners.’ Shocked, she replied, ‘Wait a minute!’ But he demanded, ‘Ma’am, before you say anything, I want to show you something.’ Then he reached into his bag, pulled out a pail of dirt, and threw it across her kitchen floor. ‘If my vacuum cleaner won’t pick up all that dirt,’ he bragged, ‘then I’ll eat it!’ She looked at him and said, ‘Then you better get busy, ’cause we ain’t got no electricity!’

How often do we have to eat the words we so recklessly toss on the floor of everyday living? Be careful. Jesus said one day, we will give an account for every idle word we speak (see Matthew 12:36). So unless you want to eat your words, think carefully before speaking.

(1) (Reply)

Preventive Warnings To Righteous And Good People / Daily Prophetic Blessings (episode 161) Prov.10:22 -SOLUTION ENCOUNTERS / What You Say Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.