Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ (12027 Views)

Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy / APC Shut Down Economy Years Ago Over N65 Petrol Price, Now Fuel Unavailable / Federal Government Hijack Nlc Plan To Delay The Payment Of New Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Nicenixon: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2023
FG should do more but State government of each State should also be questioned on how they spent the funds provided to them by FG to cushion hardship.
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Risingsunn: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Imagine minister demanded for 2weeks, the 2 weeks us almost over they are saying president has been away and that they haven't presented anything. Before u know it they will demand 8 weeks again and again. Osifo is just a stupid man.

Joe ajaero of NLC still stands tall. Osifo is obviously compromised.

2 Likes

Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Risingsunn: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2023
These guys have been asking for 8weeks, 2 weeks, 4weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week, isnt it obvious they are just deceiving the generality of Nigerians. They don't care about anybody. Let the labor shut down everything. Let's see if the economy will not collapse completely.

2 Likes

Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Yankee101: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2023
Than pay your workers just like you’ve increased prices
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Skillsnigeria: 8:07am On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by galadima77(m): 8:08am On Sep 14, 2023
It will get better, and remarkably so.

Quote me in 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Mosba: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2023
If you removed subsidy like FG did, it's just natural that fixed income earners, civil servants get elevated salary asap or are they expected to start stealing to survive?
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by EdiskyHarry: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2023
I wonder how Nigerian leaders sleep at night when they drive pass thousands of hopeless, hungry and suffering people on the street everyday.

1 Like

Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Fcwilly: 8:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Saboteur everywhere, had it been that this policy that is killing us with this hardship is implemented by " president Atiku or President Obi" by now Lagos would have been on fire, but you see where tribalism is driving us to?

1 Like

Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by DrAlake29: 8:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
“I know that President Tinubu is concerned about the plight of all. His quotable quote is ‘let’s the poor breath.’

are the poor breathing
If u are not breathing, you wouldn’t be sending messages here though
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Gee64: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2023
If wages are increased abnormally, don't think it would affect the cost of essential commodities?
I think the NLC is only trying to protect its own. My opinion though.
I stand to be corrected.
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Duru009(m): 8:55am On Sep 14, 2023
That TUC guy is a saboteur

1 Like

Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Ofunaofu: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2023
DrAlake29:

If u are not breathing, you wouldn’t be sending messages here though

You can be breathing but economically you are dead
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Jonjam269: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2023
NLC Ajaero is an extension of obidot, Ajaero is just hiding under Labour Congress to carry out obidot agenda, dead on arrival.
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Putinofrussia: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2023
Werey,if you shut down the economy no be we wey you say you dey fight for the thing go affect.
A little patience will be better than this gra gra everytime.
Haba!
Two strikes in between just less than 4 months and you still want do another one.
Wetin happen?
I think dialogue is better.
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by famology(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2023
NLC died years ago
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by duro4chang(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2023
Strike does not work again.
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by bayelsaowei(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2023
Promismike:
I wonder how a country that exalt tribalism, nepotism and religious affiliation above unity of purpose and national interest will progress.

This country is just a time bomb waiting to explode. Just like Yugoslavia.
youre correct..
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Quebec91(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2023
cheesy
inoki247:
Lol if dem wan shut am down mak dem shut am at least we need a long break like Covid even though this one na with Sapa not like Covid time wey money dey....
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by gabbytabby: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
Saboteurs right left and centre God pass una.

They are not part of the solution but definitely part of the problem.

dre11:
Why it is avoidable, by Isa Aremu

TUC awaits govt action on proposals

If the strike should happen, it will be counter-productive for both employers and workers —NECA

The government has not done anything to suggest that it was committed to its promises. Our plans remain on course …. —NLC

https://thenationonlineng.net/employers-reject-nlcs-plan-to-shut-down-economy/
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Lawalemi(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
I knew it would be Thenation newspaper reporting this trash
Re: Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ by Growing(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
This NLC strike is not having support.

(1) (2) (Reply)

30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders / Igbobuofu.com / Fuel Scarcity To End Soon, Says NUPENG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.