Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star (27311 Views)

Aguero's Father Blasts Pep Guardiola For Treatment Of Man City Legend / George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks / Harry Maguire: Man Utd Agree £80m Deal For Leicester Defender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Ahigbo1: 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Yankiss:
Harry Maguire is mama's boy. Why can't he express himself like a grown up? This sounds funny, like mum is his spokesperson. Haba. And having so many own goals is really challenging. grin grin

grin grin The award for highest number of own goals should go to him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by mymadam(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
zangaozanga:
Maguire is a disaster waiting to happen
😂🏃
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by frankmoney(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
She's right .... I don't get what the hate is all about
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by tommylee(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
But in all honesty this question comes to mind
IF HARRY MAGUIRE WAS BLACK WILL GARETH SOUTHGATE STILL CALL HIM TO TGE NATIONAL TEAM?.............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Thomasankara(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
[/color]one of those hoping for the worst on man u, spotted[color=#770077]
yorke1:
I won't lie, i was happy the moment Harry Maguire came as a substitute as an Arsenal fan the day Arsenal played against Man u.

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Cmanforall: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
SegunBABA007:
Maguire should call it a day with football or go to a lesser league. With the amount of blunders and errors he has committed, he can never be a better player again based on mental readiness.

Maguire was once a fantastic defender but he lost it all, man United fans didn’t help at all, social media gave the final punch. Sometimes I feel bad for him as a human, sometimes I wish I could talk to him directly.

Stay strong maguire, quit football and save your self all this embarrassment
He can convert to be a striker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by geokay777(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
Harry Maguire's mother Zoe has issued a statement in response to the negativity which has followed the England and Man Utd centre-back around.

Centre-back Maguire has been struggling for game time at club level but featured in both England matches in the recent international break. In the 3-1 win in Scotland, though, he was subject to abuse from certain individuals, both before and after scoring an unfortunate own goal.

30-year-old's defence during the week, hitting out at the behaviour of some of Maguire's critics. Three Lions goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale also launched an impassioned defence, and now Maguire's mother has added her voice to theirs.

As a mum seeing the level of negative and abusive comments in which my son is receiving from some fans, pundits and the media is disgraceful and totally unacceptable to any walk of life never mind someone who works his socks off for club and country," the statement - posted on Instagram - begins. "I was there in the stand as usual, it's not acceptable what's been created, over nothing.

" I understand that in the football world there are ups and downs, positives and negatives but what Harry receives has gone far beyond 'football'. For me seeing him go through what he's going through is not ok.

I would hate to have to see any other parents or players go through this in the future, especially the young boys and girls breaking through the ranks today. Harry has a massive heart and it's a good job he's mentally strong and can handle it as others might not be able too, I wish this sort of abuse on nobody!"

SOURCE
Great Mom ; this time too shall pass.

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by ednut1(m): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
tommylee:
But in all honesty this question comes to mind
IF HARRY MAGUIRE WAS BLACK WILL GARETH SOUTHGATE STILL CALL HIM TO TGE NATIONAL TEAM?.............
everything is not about race. Kalvin phillips is a bench warmer in man city . He still gets called into the England squad. Is he not black. Abeg rest

2 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by tommylee(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
ednut1:
everything is not about race. Kalvin phillips is a bench warmer in man city . He still gets called into the England squad. Is he not black. Abeg rest

If u noticed Kalvin Phillips played better in his second game, what happened to Fikayo Tomori of AC Milan? He is a constant feature for Milan but a constant beach warmer in the English national team.......can u beat ur chest and tell me Harry is better than Fikayo? I leave that answer to u......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by redirect(m): 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
let him go to average club
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by ednut1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
tommylee:

If u noticed Kalvin Phillips played better in his second game, what happened to Fikayo Tomori of AC Milan? He is a constant feature for Milan but a constant beach warmer in the English national team.......can u beat ur chest and tell me Harry is better than Fikayo? I leave that answer to u......
the coach has his favourites. Fans and pundits mostly whites have called him out on it. The coach prefers certain players regardless of their form. Which is wrong and silly. Has nothing to do with race
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Nyanabo(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
He scored another own goal again ? Chai..

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by greypencils: 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mummy Maguire, I feel you. I apologize if you are hurt. But, Football is a religion. The same way you don't mess with the Bible, Quran or Torah, you don't mess with the badge of some clubs. Manchester United is one of such clubs. Your son should have stayed in Leicester, small club, small mentality. Coming to Man Utd was a big mistake, being the captain, the biggest mistake of his life. Better yet, If he can't take the heat, advise him to getat. It's like that Mama Maguire. No vex.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by jojothaiv(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
otubujohn:
Hate comments against Maguire should never be encouraged. But how does Maguire still get called up
He might just have the sex tape of one of the FA chiefs.

And for MUFC, I can't even express the surprise when I saw Johnny Evans and Mag (two washed up Leicester coal miners) turning up.

The ticking time bomb run in the Mag family, heard his brother is nowhere better than him.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by maestroferddi: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
He is a funny character.

You had the opportunity to go to West Ham and quietly revive your career but chose to remain at Man United to warm the bench.

I cannot see things getting better for him because the confidence has taken a massive hit..
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Advancedman(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
Harry Maguire's mother Zoe has issued a statement in response to the negativity which has followed the England and Man Utd centre-back around.

Centre-back Maguire has been struggling for game time at club level but featured in both England matches in the recent international break. In the 3-1 win in Scotland, though, he was subject to abuse from certain individuals, both before and after scoring an unfortunate own goal.

30-year-old's defence during the week, hitting out at the behaviour of some of Maguire's critics. Three Lions goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale also launched an impassioned defence, and now Maguire's mother has added her voice to theirs.

As a mum seeing the level of negative and abusive comments in which my son is receiving from some fans, pundits and the media is disgraceful and totally unacceptable to any walk of life never mind someone who works his socks off for club and country," the statement - posted on Instagram - begins. "I was there in the stand as usual, it's not acceptable what's been created, over nothing.

" I understand that in the football world there are ups and downs, positives and negatives but what Harry receives has gone far beyond 'football'. For me seeing him go through what he's going through is not ok.

I would hate to have to see any other parents or players go through this in the future, especially the young boys and girls breaking through the ranks today. Harry has a massive heart and it's a good job he's mentally strong and can handle it as others might not be able too, I wish this sort of abuse on nobody!"

SOURCE

The mother just ruined him finally completely finished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by frankson1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
zangaozanga:

Disaster that had already happened...or are there things other fans don't know about cheesy
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by obembet(f): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
zangaozanga:

Werey, u never even allow the mother drop 🎤 grin
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by SegunBABA007(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
OvertheTop:

So you want to tell him:
Whenever he has challenges, HE SHOULD THROW IN THE TOWEL for the world to be Happy.
if one adopts such a mentality, One will never make any note-worthy success in life.

He should just ignore the Noise and do his best...

You will still be first to criticize him when next he scores an own goal. I get your point but maguire’s case is mental, he needs pure help mentally.

That can’t be achieved by constant errors and fan boos in the field of play. The whole world already sees him as a flop, whenever he plays he gets blamed for virtually everything, from his positioning to lack of speed.

What will you advise a person suffering from mental downtime ?

Keep pushing ? Or seek for mental revive?
Will love to read your response.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by vickalson: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
Madam tell your son to stop scoring owngoals. shikena!!!. Wait o, Maguire has to be the highest own goal scorer oo. Lol.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Beverlyjean(f): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
cjudy:
Someone who had the opportunity to leave to West Ham peacefully and enjoy football again, he said no. He want to fight for his place. Where’s the place? Shey you’ve surprised England in their last match? Scoring another own goal. Football is not your calling. England should stop hyping nonsense. Man go and learn Modeling

And u think Westham will be in their present position of 4th??

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Bodexinvest: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Football is not a must for everyone.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Fab21: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Justbehave:
And those ones abandoning their new born babies in the trash bins are not mother's abi?

I think he already said 'normal mum's,

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by franconian: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
He should leave Man U to find his form again.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by okorogodwin4(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
SegunBABA007:
Maguire should call it a day with football or go to a lesser league. With the amount of blunders and errors he has committed, he can never be a better player again based on mental readiness.

Maguire was once a fantastic defender but he lost it all, man United fans didn’t help at all, social media gave the final punch. Sometimes I feel bad for him as a human, sometimes I wish I could talk to him directly.

mumu can you throw ball up Yaa hand or head
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by OvertheTop(m): 2:05pm On Sep 14, 2023
SegunBABA007:

You will still be first to criticize him when next he scores an own goal. I get your point but maguire’s case is mental, he needs pure help mentally.

That can’t be achieved by constant errors and fan boos in the field of play. The whole world already sees him as a flop, whenever he plays he gets blamed for virtually everything, from his positioning to lack of speed.

What will you advise a person suffering from mental downtime ?

Keep pushing ? Or seek for mental revive?
Will love to read your response.

I understand the pressure. and i must be sincere, as a Man U fan, i criticize him too....

But Right Now, if i was to put myself in his shoes like ( I imagine being an employee that is struggling at executing tasks in the workplace or Job, will i QUIT? NOOOO. if you do, what will you tell your Family when u go BROKE and have bills to pay?. YOUR Family will now Criticize you too),

So, the Solution is: i will Just Keep Trying to Improving myself and ignore the Noise (very Difficult i know)
but that is the way to go. if he Should Quit Today, the personal issues will be Worse than this.

The Goal is to keep Moving forward!
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Stanweezy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ray07:
No serious club would sign him. He should have gone to Westham FC but choose to enact the act of greed.

He should enjoy the bench, insult from home and away fans while it last.

I would also blame the evil owners of United. What's there to pay him the requested amount he asked for if at all they care about United. The club matter don tire person sad

Truth, he could have moved to West Ham but I think is best for him to move away from England even if it means joining a lower club in Saudi pro league

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by tiswell(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
Yankiss:
Harry Maguire is mama's boy. Why can't he express himself like a grown up? This sounds funny, like mum is his spokesperson. Haba. And having so many own goals is really challenging. grin grin
The mum is a very big share holder at manutd.

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by tiswell(m): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
otubujohn:
Hate comments against Maguire should never be encouraged. But how does Maguire still get called up
The mum is a big manutd share holder,a very wealthy woman
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by PaNnamdi: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
SegunBABA007:

Why u dey encourage D guy make he quit football,u wan lead am into depression grin
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by PaNnamdi: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
tiswell:
The mum is a very big share holder at manutd.

Mom love kept him for so long in manure utd cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man City's Bill For Haaland: 700,000 Euros Per Week And 170 Million Over 5 Years / Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.