Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,468 members, 7,854,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) (23280 Views)

‘Coming 2 America’: Davido Invited To View His Hollywood Debut Movie / Fate Of Alakada: Mercy Eke Makes Acting Debut With Broda Shaggi, Toyin Abraham / #bbnaija: The Epic Moment Cee-c Returned To The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Creamypie(m): 11:29am On May 15
Indomie boys pls keep of

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by wallrichy: 11:35am On May 15
From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron: Defender of the Universe! A mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. A force of space explorers, Kieth, Lance, Hunk, Pidge, and Sven are sent to find the last princess of planet Arus, Allura, and the keys to Voltron. Together they find the five robot lions that make up the legendary robot. King Zarkon, an evil warlord, rains down destruction across the universe. But our heroes form Voltron at the last moment, and begin a new war against his cruel empire...Lol

Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HgWCp79nzI?feature=shared

https://fb.watch/n2KFKfMC-A/?mibextid=Nif5oz
https://fb.watch/n2KhG-DXSR/?mibextid=2Rb1fB

Television series
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by DrTee1(m): 11:35am On May 15
TTPAAR:
Myself and my brother will sit in front of our old TV waiting for 4:00pm when NTA will start. First multiple colors will display on the TV. We always get excited when we saw that, then comes the national anthem and then a break down of all that will happen for the day.

Good old days!

Same here!
Those multicolour vertical lines - like a vertical rainbow 🌈 - made us happy and showed that the station would open soon. Then the anthem, then the Duty Continuity Announcer would read the programmme schedule till midnight when the station would close...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by TGreatGatsby: 11:37am On May 15
Omo, I love Voltron, I love the joining forces & that his Defensive Sword👍

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:40am On May 15
VOLTRON...Defender of the Universe!!!

My childhood cartoon.

NTA 2 Channel 5 readily comes to mind.

Multicolour screen appears and we eagerly wait for 4pm for transmission to begin.

What an age!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by divineHelperr: 11:40am On May 15
grandstar:
Voltron did not debut on Nigerian TV in 1984. I was in form 1 then

It came out around my form 3 in 1986 .r 87. My fellow boarders couldn't stop talking about it when they came back from holiday.

I greet you epa.
Dormor sir.

2 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by divineHelperr: 11:41am On May 15
ferhyntorlah:
VOLTRON...Defender of the Universe!!!

My childhood cartoon.

NTA 2 Channel 5 readily comes to mind.

Multicolour screen appears and we eagerly wait for 4pm for transmission to begin.

What an age!

You remember!!!
Na wa. Time just dey run.

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:42am On May 15
kroger:
My Favorite cartoon back in the days.. I shed tears watching the intro now. How I became an adult in a twinkle of an eye is still a mystery to me embarassed

Phahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Adulthood na scam!

2 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:42am On May 15
TTPAAR:
Myself and my brother will sit in front of our old TV waiting for 4:00pm when NTA will start. First multiple colors will display on the TV. We always get excited when we saw that, then comes the national anthem and then a break down of all that will happen for the day.

Good old days!

Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by stagger: 11:43am On May 15
Easily the best action cartoon of all time. We used to steal downstairs at 5pm on Tuesdays for it when my dad was having siesta. Once we hear him waking up, we would all take off to our study table upstairs and be cursing our bad luck.

4 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Zona123(m): 11:43am On May 15
You've just brought back some of my childhood memories, during those days there was a girl in my class at Adisa Bashua primary school surulere Lagos who has it as a toy, it was fascinating seeing my darling Voltron on the desk of my and it was fun seeing her dismantle the robot into five huge lions. I never forget how I kept record of the time and days Voltron and other programs are aired, it was so much fun.
This is not an affair of Indomie generations cannot relate because Indomie came into existence in the late 80's. I ate it as a child

2 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by scholes23(m): 11:43am On May 15
Make I try something, hope I still remember

From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend; the legend of Voltron, defender of the universe, a mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Earth, a galaxy alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the solar system, they maintained peace throughout the universe, until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy. Voltron was needed once more. This is the story of the super force of space explorers, specially trained and sent by the alliance to bring back VOLTRON, DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE

Omo I don old oh 😭😭😭

4 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Jokerman(m): 11:44am On May 15
blowjohn:
NTA ibadan was the bomb.

Frm these kind of cartoons to Mexican soap operas.

No one but you
The rich also cry
Marian los Angeles
Santa Barbara
Egoli place of gold

Etc

NTA is a shadow of itself

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Jokerman(m): 11:44am On May 15
NTA then... We watched Voltron, Sledgehammer etc...

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by davidluv(m): 11:49am On May 15
GEN Z make una park one side first. Senior men are discussing the real childhood.☺️

4 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by VaginaAcademic: 11:51am On May 15
For the oldies grin
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by FreeStuffsNG: 11:52am On May 15
Hahaha. Children of those days who are now fathers and mothers today, memorized the lines for their transformation cheesy

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by nams77: 11:53am On May 15
Kobicove:
This cartoon was a smash hit in the 80s.

There's even a Voltron fan page on Facebook which I'm a member of grin
Wetin Una dey talk of there? Just imagining.

Just last week I was showing my son on YouTube some of the cartoons his father watched as a child.
Showed him Voltron ( which he liked)
Sporty ted
Speed racer.

How times fly. Wish I could turn back the hand of time to those good old days before these vampires called politicians destroyed Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by idalex: 11:58am On May 15
epic
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by uuzba(m): 11:59am On May 15
The story of voltron never seemed to end.
There was one episode that a robeast blocked Voltron's blazing sword for the first time.
It think that story lasted for about 3 or so episodes. I never remember the end of it.
-
Anyway, in recent times, Dreamworks made a version.
Voltron Legendary Defender.
The graphics are on point. Voltron is even behaving like IronMan somehow. l
But the story is not just sweet like the original Voltron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8dGAY423QY
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by blowjohn(m): 12:01pm On May 15
Jokerman:

NTA is a shadow of itself

Aswear.
Real eyesore
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by youngrichnigga: 12:01pm On May 15
From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend; the legend of Voltron, Defender of the Universe, a mighty robot, loved ...❤️❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Jagabanarmy: 12:10pm On May 15
Iamgrey5:
Old men plenty for Nairaland oh

I first stumbled upon the cartoon in the early 2000s.

Indomie gen sighted, looking for more
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by hstar: 12:11pm On May 15
Beremx:
One of my best cartoons grin

Voltron
Super Ted
Fraggle Rock
Jimbo
Terrahawk
Scooby Doo
Pinky and the Brain
Ovide

So many I can't remember
Freakazoid nko?
What of flint stone?
Toy story?
Godzilla?
Teletubbies?
Power rangers?
Captain America?
Spiderman?
Batman?
Superman?

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Jagabanarmy: 12:12pm On May 15
Afonja007:
This Voltron cartoon series was written by tinubu when he was in Chicago university
Abeg shift from here

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Konquest: 12:13pm On May 15
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HgWCp79nzI?feature=shared

https://fb.watch/n2KFKfMC-A/?mibextid=Nif5oz
https://fb.watch/n2KhG-DXSR/?mibextid=2Rb1fB

Television series
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron
Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Thanks to YouTube and other video sharing platforms, we can still watch these cartoons and hugely popular programs like we did when we were younger back in the 1970s and early to late 1980s... Surreal. That's mad cool though.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Mcreloaded(m): 12:15pm On May 15
No one mentioned the mice with their mini space ship. The last episode of voltron saw prince lothar help the voltron force against Hagar the witch and King Zarcon.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:16pm On May 15
SlavaUkraini:
So many cartoon fans on Nairaland...

Must of them even watch the latest cartoon characters with their kids
dey play!
grin

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:17pm On May 15
Mcreloaded:
No one mentioned the mice with their mini space ship. The last episode of voltron saw prince lothar help the voltron force against Hagar the witch and King Zarcon.
Mighty mouse or atomic mouse?

ee be like u na agba cartoon lover too oo!
cool

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by porthouse7(f): 12:17pm On May 15
Racoon:
Another fascinating cartoon has gone into extinction. Bring back our Voltron
life evolve bro, just like bring back ur grandpa
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Itiskdg121(m): 12:20pm On May 15
Oh Superted and Sporty.
Memories
Beremx:
One of my best cartoons grin

Voltron
Super Ted
Fraggle Rock
Jimbo
Terrahawk
Scooby Doo
Pinky and the Brain
Ovide

So many I can't remember
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by PraiseHim4ever: 12:22pm On May 15
[quo note author=Edwtwgt post=129963906] :[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: TECNO Challenges Housemates With Thrilling Tasks / What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? / Bbnaija Retains Ebuka As Host For 2019 Tv Reality Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.