Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) (23276 Views)

‘Coming 2 America’: Davido Invited To View His Hollywood Debut Movie / Fate Of Alakada: Mercy Eke Makes Acting Debut With Broda Shaggi, Toyin Abraham / #bbnaija: The Epic Moment Cee-c Returned To The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Beremx(f): 3:49pm On May 15
arantess:

see my mate ooo grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Beremx(f): 3:52pm On May 15
arantess:

telematch should be that german game series or something?
yes it is. I so much enjoyed the program. I remember I and my siblings would choose the team to belong to. grin
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Sleekfingers: 4:52pm On May 15
Atom Ant

Spiderman

Scooby Doo
Danger mouse
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Tonididdyx: 5:04pm On May 15
Beremx:
One of my best cartoons grin

Voltron
Super Ted
Fraggle Rock
Jimbo
Terrahawk
Scooby Doo
Pinky and the Brain
Ovide

So many I can't remember
The Flintstones
Courage the cowardly dog
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Mcreloaded(m): 5:22pm On May 15
MichaelSokoto:

Mighty mouse or atomic mouse?

ee be like u na agba cartoon lover too oo!
cool

The mice always assist voltron especially princess Alura
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Love800(m): 5:22pm On May 15
Who are indomie generation?
Zona123:
You've just brought back some of my childhood memories, during those days there was a girl in my class at Adisa Bashua primary school surulere Lagos who has it as a toy, it was fascinating seeing my darling Voltron on the desk of my and it was fun seeing her dismantle the robot into five huge lions. I never forget how I kept record of the time and days Voltron and other programs are aired, it was so much fun.
This is not an affair of Indomie generations cannot relate because Indomie came into existence in the late 80's. I ate it as a child
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by nigmarelli(m): 5:27pm On May 15
Beremx:

Voltron
Super Ted
Fraggle Rock
Jimbo
Terrahawk
Scooby Doo
Pinky and the Brain
Ovide

Greetings o! Yes o! Cartoon plenty o!
Voltron
Geforce wey their plane dey turn to Phoenix flame bird
Was it Jimbo or Jumbo about one jet plane like this
Terrahawk
Tom and jerry
Tom and jerry kids
Mighty mouse
Super ted
Pink panther
Roger ramjet
Danger mouse
Atom ant.
Joe mighty
Stingray etc
Then some solid ones come come out for cable TV then
Johnny quest
Caveman
Bird man
Flash gordon
He man and she ra omo. It was real fun then o!

So many I can't remember

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by AmuRubber(m): 5:34pm On May 15
kroger:
My Favorite cartoon back in the days.. I shed tears watching the intro now. How I became an adult in a twinkle of an eye is still a mystery to me embarassed
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by kerry57: 5:35pm On May 15
Iamthoney:
You no watch Biker Mice, Robocop, Super force, Power Rangers, Telematch, Tales by moonlight

I watched all except bker mouse and telematch.
U try
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Jokerman(m): 5:41pm On May 15
OvertheTop:

WOW. if you remember Sledgehammer, then you should remember SUPER FORCE. (it is the Year 2020, Times are tough but this man is Tougher)

Yeah I do.

Ruth and Raquel, Rental ghost, Thundercats, Biker mice, Spiderman cartoon then,X-Men Cartoon etc...

NTA is done for.

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Kionrae: 5:57pm On May 15
Yes watched it
Lived it
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by WhizdomXX(m): 5:59pm On May 15
Kobicove:
Voltron - Defender of the universe.

See my profile for a full length pic of Voltron grin
I did not see it.
While growing up, my mum usually told me I'm like Voltron, Defender of the Universe, just as her immediate younger brother, my uncle, Ovie.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by OvertheTop(m): 6:13pm On May 15
Jokerman:

Yeah I do.

Ruth and Raquel, Rental ghost, Thundercats, Biker mice, Spiderman cartoon then,X-Men Cartoon etc...

NTA is done for.
Yeah, you Remember
globe trotters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Yemaya: 7:01pm On May 15
Nostalgic
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Jokerman(m): 7:21pm On May 15
OvertheTop:

Yeah, you Remember
globe trotters

Lol... Lol.

grin certainly... Mhen this life sha

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by 7508: 7:43pm On May 15
Voltron Voltron

On Nta 2 channel 5 on Tuesdays 5pm around 1985-1986

As a young boy,The reason why I dey prefer to chop paale cane in those days for bunking evening lesson just to watch Voltron o, they use that cartoon swear give me abeg

Originally only 12 episodes on NTA then
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Konquest: 7:50pm On May 15
arantess:

telematch should be that german game series or something?
Yes it is... Telematch was entertaining and hugely popular German game series from the 1970s right through to the late 1980s. It got a bit boring watching some repeat episodes after many years though.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Konquest: 7:52pm On May 15
OvertheTop:

Yeah, you Remember
globe trotters
Globe trotters super heroes... Away!

1 Like

Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Konquest: 8:00pm On May 15
Kobicove:
Voltron - Defender of the universe.

See my profile for a full length pic of Voltron grin
You must be a Gen X as well.

I just checked and realized that you really loved Voltron to have made the picture part of your NL profile since 2022!

Voltron was truly iconic back in the day and mature adults could sit and watch it because it was based on sci-fi... (Life was fun and pretty good as well in the 1980s.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Konquest: 8:21pm On May 15
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn79FMqPkig?feature=shared

Like and share if this cartoon really made your day as a kid till date. Indomie generation watch us do our things o.
Oh, wow! I remember watching this particular full-length episode of Voltron in the 1980s, and it was the last time I ever did until I watched parts of it now. This episode about the planned banishment by the King of a military commander because of the defeat of his men in their battle against Voltron just remained buried all these years in my subconscious. cheesy
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by jnrbayano(m): 9:04pm On May 15
Beremx:

Voltron
Super Ted
Fraggle Rock
Jimbo
Terrahawk
Scooby Doo
Pinky and the Brain
Ovide

So many I can't remember

The Little Prince
Adventures of Teddyruxpin
Groovie Ghoulie
Danger Mouse
Thundersub
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by judedwriter(m): 9:28pm On May 15
I remember watching voltron as a kid in the 80's/90's...

How time flies, now I'm an old man grin
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by nasoeb: 12:37am On May 16
kerry57:
Hmmm, what a cartoon. Those days when Naija was Naija.

Voltron, superted, DRWHO, PSI love you, the rich also cry, secret of the sand were some of the tv episodes at that time.

I really missed the safety in this county then
Kai mehnnn, Voltron and Supertest was it.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by omoyankee3(m): 12:41am On May 16
That intro was before Princess Allura joined the space force
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by OyinO: 1:58am On May 16
Humanity and its poor impoverished and downtrodden miserable people have secretly always cried, wished and longed for a superhero or superhuman Messiah to save them from the rich, mighty and powerful in the society. This has led to the creation of many fictional characters and other religious characters to give them little succour and comfort in their deep hopeless misery and earnest vain wish.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by sonofthunder: 6:33am On May 16
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Aragon001: 11:26am On May 16
Back then life growing up was sweet oh..watching all those cartoons u guys mention here gives me nostalgic feeling.
After from that, we also did some outdoor activities like creating and flying kites, using biro case and bottle covers to make cars etcs. Kids back then were very active in both indoors and outdoors activities. I really missed the way things were back then.
Everything change when democracy took over from the military.
My most favorite cartoon of all back then was that Voltron. I have a complete Voltron legendary defender series on my laptop. And the new series of Voltron is actually the best Voltron I have ever watch. If u haven't watch it pls do. Infact these indomie generation will love it.
Re: When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) by Iamthoney(m): 12:42am On May 17
kerry57:

I watched all except bker mouse and telematch.
U try
Lol good old days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: TECNO Challenges Housemates With Thrilling Tasks / What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? / Bbnaija Retains Ebuka As Host For 2019 Tv Reality Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.