Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist (19138 Views)

Ronaldo, Fernandez, Salah Lead FIFA Premier League Team Of The Season / Messi & Ronaldo Lead FIFA 20 TOTY Nominations / Fans React Angrily After Lionel Messi Got Snubbed From FIFA's The Best Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Those of you shouting haaland, for info he is not even the best player in city, dude only score calls, debrune is the heart of mancity and should win it before haaland

5 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Starships4u(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Halland deserves it ND Mbappe.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by AImiron: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It won't be decided base on European tournaments alone

Very few privilege people will be selected around the world to vote.

I see Halaand wining it though. He deserve it but Messi shouldn't be write-off. What he did at the world cup with his teammates is not an easy feat.
according to Fifa, World Cup no Dey part of the criteria. I think Haaland would win this cos Leo don already win ballon d’or

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Chibuzoripob: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
angry Mbappe& Haaland deserves the award
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Dennisochampa: 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
orohbiro:
Halaand deserve both the balloon do or and this award. How can
You win Golden booth at EpL
Win Golden booth at Uefa champions league
Win EPL,corabo and Fa cup, win Super cup, about to win world club cup and not win Balloon do or?
How can u decide balloon do or with a 3 weeks tournament? Crazy this clear rubbery
..... That 3 weeks tournament comes once in every 4 years... It's so difficult that even the best nations don't qualify for the knock out stages... Halaand couldn't inspire his nation to the world cup but Messi did...... He deserves one last big ovation before he retires from the beautiful game... Haaland is still young and have alot of years ahead of him..... His time will come

6 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Dennisochampa: 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kenmatt:
I think Avarez, Gundogan, Rodri, and Rice are not supposed to be on that list.
.... Oya go and remove them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Kingosytex(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
OJEEMAH:
20, Messi battled Kaka & Ronaldo
21, Messi battled Ronaldo & Torres
22, Messi wrestled it from Ronaldo

22-32, Messi vs Ronaldo

33, Messi battled VVD
34, Messi battled Lewandoski
36, Messi Still de give Mbappe, Haaland & Vini run

After Ronaldo battled Messi for about 12-15years, Ronaldo retired from FIFA Best & Balon D’or contest at 33…..Messi carried on.

This obviously means, Messi is the definition of consistency

Sorry please, how many FIFA the best awards are they organizing this year?
I thought Leo already won this award sometime this year.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Dennisochampa: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
Equalitygod:

Easy brother na Haaland go win balloon d'or after everything he don win nobody go fit tell me say he nor go win am.

Messi and Ronaldo don try make they go rest no more titles for them, they have already won enough. Make they leave am for the young blood. Why Messi is still showing in the media is because he won the world cup.

Messi fans are toxic like Bat supporters while Ronaldo fans are dumb like obident.
.... If you're a player and you're given a choice to win either the world cup or the champions league.... Which would you prefer to win? Answer this and you will know who deserves the crown

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Mustiboy(m): 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
orohbiro:
Win EPL,corabo and Fa cup, win Super cup, about to win world club cup and not win Balloon do or?
How can u decide balloon do or with a 3 weeks tournament? Crazy this clear rubbery

Won European golden boot as well
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Numerouno94(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
according to Fifa, World Cup no Dey part of the criteria. I think Haaland would win this cos Leo don already win ballon d’or

Bro pls wat is the difference between FIFA best player Messi won earlier this year and this particular award? because Messi actually won FIFA the best few months back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Numerouno94(m): 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kingosytex:

Meself dey confused at the moment.

Ojeemah, Almiron abeg help us clarify this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by ThierryJay: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kingosytex:

Yes he won it already earlier this year. But this particular award ceremony will hold early next year however voting commences from this year.

Haaland should win it cos Messi already won it this year based on World cup.

cc: Numerouno94

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lionel Messi is sure winning this again. The best football player to ever do it. No wonder Tapnaldo quickly went to report himself d other day that rivalry is over when clearly there is no rivalry. Messi has always been the best

3 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by AImiron: 8:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Numerouno94:

Bro pls wat is the difference between FIFA best player Messi won earlier this year and this particular award? because Messi actually won FIFA the best few months back.
Hi bro, he won The Best FIFA Men's Player award 2022 after captaining Argentina to glory at the FIFA World Cup. However, this is 2023 prize award as the qualification period is between December 19 in 2022 and August 20 in 2023. So the World Cup won’t be a criteria, his club’s performance only. He might win or Haaland fit win am, cos he don already win ballon d’or, it’s fair if they give it to Haaland but if dem give us we go celebrate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by AImiron: 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Numerouno94:

Meself dey confused at the moment.

Ojeemah, Almiron abeg help us clarify this.
Ojeemah and I already did boss
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by AImiron: 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2023
Equalitygod:

Easy brother na Haaland go win balloon d'or [/b]after everything he don win nobody go fit tell me say he nor go win am.

Messi and Ronaldo don try make they go rest no more titles for them, they have already won enough. Make they leave am for the young blood. Why Messi is still showing in the media is because he won the world cup.

Messi fans are toxic like Bat supporters while Ronaldo fans are dumb like obident.
[b]Haaland go win ballon d’or in your dreams, I will be the one report the news next month. He will come second, Messi is clear, with his World Cup. They’re even contemplating on giving him the Super Ballon d’or

3 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by tnerro1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Congratulation to victor osimehin in advance

No be tribalism be the yardstick for the award oo
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Numerouno94(m): 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
Hi bro, he won The Best FIFA Men's Player award 2022 after captaining Argentina to glory at the FIFA World Cup. However, this is 2023 prize award as the qualification period is between December 19 in 2022 and August 20 in 2023. So the World Cup won’t be a criteria, his club’s performance only. He might win or Haaland fit win am, cos he don already win ballon d’or, it’s fair if they give it to Haaland but if dem give us we go celebrate

Now I understand. Tanx bro. My ever reliable Almiron.🤝🤝

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by CoolAmbience(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
Haaland should win this, we have Ballon d’or in the bag already. Make the new cat pick this one.

Penadogs it’s time to cry once again, the desert lord has been forgotten albeit he still plays. Messi is also playing outside Europe, he’s still getting recognition everywhere. What a time to be alive!!! Drinking penadogs tears daily 😂🤣

Penadogs crying as usual cos Messi getting nominated for another award? Here to remind u that Penaldo hasn’t won anything relevant ever since 2017

Y’all free to cry in my mentions as usual. Cry wella in advance.

Not correct!

Messi should win it.

Finalissima with Argentina!
Copa America with Argentina!!
World Cup with Argentina!!!
Leagues Cup with Inter Miami!!!!

These are wins with both club and country.

Messi deserves it much more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by VaginaAcademic: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
This mumu award still dey

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Numerouno94(m): 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
ThierryJay:

Yes he won it already earlier this year. But this particular award ceremony will hold early next year however voting commences from this year.

Haaland should win it cos Messi already won it this year based on World cup.

cc: Numerouno94

Tanx boss for the clarification. I fully get it now.

Boss it's been a while oo. I miss those ur diss track wey u dey give Penaldogs.gringrin

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Ikaeniyan0: 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
You didn't show me where FIFA made this claim o

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Goalnaldo(m): 8:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE
I wanted to vote for Alvarez but my phone misdemeanor prevented me from voted. I wonder how a 3gb ram phone would just be misbehaving
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Chukwunonso1: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
MAKAPOLY:
Football door was shut against greatness until Pele came with his magical wand and mysterious spell to unlock the door. Never seen a more clever player with a touch of invicinbility than Diego Maradona. Ronaldo took goal scoring to the seventh realm. Henry's coronation as the king of Highbury was well graced. Messi plays so well that Michellango was contracted to paint his picture in heaven afterall the gods said Leo is the best gift they ever gave the sporting world. But in all of these, I have never encountered a player who made the round leather game quite enjoyable as Ronaldihno..... Ohhhh gosshhhh. A walking piece of art, magic, fun and humility. The rulers of these world gathered in amusement on the Maracana turf and said to themselves "Here played a legend in whom we are well pleased "

I always consider Ronaldiho the real GOAT

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Uchasa(m): 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
I voted for Osimhen. Goodluck to him

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
obembet:
Greetings from Greatest of all time, the man that won world best without sentiment, FIFA support according to Jose mourinho

Congratulations to all the nominees, may the best candidate win

Just a reminder that ur fave is a thief, he stole a world cup goal unsuccessfully.

He's been to 14 international tournaments for almost 20 years. No MVP award.

After he left Real Madrid, he has never won ballon dor, and he will never win it again. Coz players like Marcello, Ramos, Kroos, Modric, etc helping are not there for him again. Without those players, no party for Tapnaldo.

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by OJEEMAH(m): 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kingosytex:

he won last year’s award

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:

Even judging from December to August, Messi has been the best performer. The wonders he's performing in the USA needs to studied, gradually lifting an unknown and lowly placed inter miami from obscurity to the limelight.

Haaland is an excellent goal scorer, no doubt. But in terms of contributions and overall performance for the team, the likes of Rodri, Bernado Silva, Gundogan and KDB are more valuable to man city than Haaland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kenmatt:
I think Avarez, Gundogan, Rodri, and Rice are not supposed to be on that list.

Rodri? U must be joking. Do u know that Rodri is more useful to man city than Haaland?

3 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Formation10: 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
orohbiro:
If ask me who i go ask, ballon d or done turn to Nigerian politics since

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Desire Oparanozie's Rocket Goal Voted Goal Of The Month For February / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso / Andrej Kramaric Confesses That He's Afraid Of Nigerian Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.