Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist (19137 Views)

Ronaldo, Fernandez, Salah Lead FIFA Premier League Team Of The Season / Messi & Ronaldo Lead FIFA 20 TOTY Nominations / Fans React Angrily After Lionel Messi Got Snubbed From FIFA's The Best Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by OJEEMAH(m): 8:16am On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Wesley Schneider. He won UCL with Inter Milan and was runner up at the 2010 world cup just like Modric in 2018. Either him or Xavi.
Just like I expected, you mentioned Sneijder.

Was Sneijder the best player in inter Milan that season?

Answer: Milito

Was Sneijder the best player in seria A that season?

Was Sneijder the best player in UCL that season?

Was Sneijder the best player in 2010 World Cup?

How can someone who was not even the best player in all the competition he participated win Balon D’or?

On what basis should Sneijder be awarded Balon D’or?

Because inter won treble and Netherlands were in the finals?

Have you ever wondered why he didn’t even make top 3? Simply because his individual stats were not really impressive.

Most of you screaming Sneijder’s name was because he was part of a team that won treble just like Jorginho win UCL and Euro with Chelsea and Italy not because he was outstanding.

Before you go around comparing Sneijder’s 2010 to Modric’s 2018, know this please!

Modric won golden ball in 2018 World Cup and he was also voted UEFA Player of the Year for his outstanding performance in UCL & WC.

Messi 2010 team and individual achievements
La liga winner
Club World Cup winner
UEFA Super Cup winner

European Golden Boot winner
UEFA Champions League Top scorer
La liga Player of the Year

Mention one player with a better stat than Messi in 2010. It’s not like Messi didn’t win anything at all.

Iniesta is the only player that could have defeated Messi cos he won everything with Messi plus the World Cup but Individually, Messi was better.

Don’t ever mention sneijder in Balon D’or conversation unless you have enough fact to back it up.

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by oyatainer(m): 8:43am On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
You didn't say this in 2010 did you? Messi didn't win world cup, didn't win UCL yet he won BallondOr. No be juju be that?

At least Messi won La liga, Copa Derey and he was the highest goal scorer in La liga, Champions league that year, tell me what Ronaldo win in 2013 to deserve Balondor against Riberry that won everything.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by oyatainer(m): 8:49am On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Wesley Schneider. He won UCL with Inter Milan and was runner up at the 2010 world cup just like Modric in 2018. Either him or Xavi.

Sneildjer was never a best player anywhere. At Inter Milan, it was Milito, at Serie A, it was Milito, at World cup, it was Milito, how on earth will a player without reasonable stats be declared the winner?
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2023
oyatainer:

Sneildjer was never a best player anywhere. At Inter Milan, it was Milito, at Serie A, it was Milito, at World cup, it was Milito, how on earth will a player without reasonable stats be declared the winner?
Oya na. Xavi and Iniesta no get reasonable stats.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 9:27am On Sep 15, 2023
oyatainer:

At least Messi won La liga, Copa Derey and he was the highest goal scorer in La liga, Champions league that year, tell me what Ronaldo win in 2013 to deserve Balondor against Riberry that won everything.
Ronaldo doesn't deserve that one either. Messi too doesn't deserve the one he won against Lewandowski.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 9:29am On Sep 15, 2023
OJEEMAH:

How can someone who was not even the best player in all the competition he participated win Balon D’or?

On why basis should Sneijder be awarded Balon D’or?

Have you ever wondered why he didn’t even make top 3? Simply because his individual stats were not really impressive.

Most of you screaming Sneijder’s name was because he was part of a team that won treble just like Jorginho win UCL and Euro with Chelsea and Italy not because he was outstanding.

Before you go around comparing Sneijder’s 2010 to Modric’s 2018, know this please!

Modric won golden ball in 2018 World Cup and he was also voted UEFA Player of the Year for his outstanding performance in UCL & WC.

La liga winner
Club World Cup winner
UEFA Super Cup winner

Mention one player with a better stat than Messi in 2010. It’s not like Messi didn’t win anything at all.

Iniesta is the only player that could have defeated Messi cos he won everything with Messi plus the World Cup but Individually, Messi was better.

Don’t ever mention sneijder in Balon D’or conversation unless you have enough fact to back it up.

All this one Na capping. What are Cannavaro stats before he won BallonDor in 2006?

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by OJEEMAH(m): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
All this one Na capping. What are Cannavaro stats before he won BallonDor in 2006?
capping cos you no longer have anything to say about 2010 after seeing superior arguments.

It’s too early to start dragging anything with you.

Have a good day!

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 9:34am On Sep 15, 2023
OJEEMAH:

On what basis should Sneijder be awarded Balon D’or?

La liga winner
Club World Cup winner
UEFA Super Cup winner

Xavi and Iniesta too no get stats ba? They won the same things they won with Messi and they won the world cup too. Why them no give either of them? Because of Messi's goals ba? If Messi's goals counted in 2010, why can't Haaland's goals count now? Oya, change yardstick and cap another one.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 9:37am On Sep 15, 2023
OJEEMAH:
capping cos you no longer have anything to say about 2010 after seeing superior arguments.

It’s too early to start dragging anything with you.

Have a good day!
Nobody has your time either. That's why I made the message short. Nice life.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by OJEEMAH(m): 9:55am On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Xavi and Iniesta too no get stats ba? They won the same things they won with Messi and they won the world cup too. Why them no give either of them? Because of Messi's goals ba? If Messi's goals counted in 2010, why can't Haaland's goals count now? Oya, change yardstick and cap another one.
After presenting you with facts, you no longer have points to back your initial claim about Sneijder. You had to switch to Iniesta cos in my response to your last quote, I acknowledged the fact that he stood a chance of defeating Messi in 2010.

Dude, instead of switching from A to B when an argument gets intensed, ensure you have enough facts before you engage anyone on or offline.

Who mentioned goals here?

Go and check Messi general stats and also look for Balon D’or criteria

If it’s just about goals, Messi would have won 2016, 2017 & 2018….. despite having the highest goals and assists in 2018, Messi did not make top 3 and there was no noise about it

Haaland won UCL. Messi won WC
Haaland won EPL. Messi won Ligue One
Haaland won FA Cup. Messi won League Cup
Haaland UCL & EPL Best Player. Messi WC golden Ball
Haaland UCL & EPL Top scorer. No golden boot for Messi

Both players deserve to win so rest
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
You didn't say this in 2010 did you? Messi didn't win world cup, didn't win UCL yet he won BallondOr. No be juju be that?

It's not about ur team success only. The major thing they are looking for is your individual contributions and performance. Do u stand out?
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Golden boot is meant and won by the highest goal scorer in a tournament but best player is meant for the best performing player in a match. Don't be confused, they are two different thing. Haaland will always go home with the golden boot because he scores goal very well but aside from scoring, what other thing does he do very well? Nothing. Rarely can you see him dribble pass three players in any match. Same thing in passes and that is why he doesn't have more assist. How many tackle does he has? How many MVP does he win in a season? Haaland win surely go home with golden boot award but not best player award, it would be an injustice for him to win best player when we talk of individual award.

Meanwhile, the three weeks tournament is rated the best in the world because it requires your team players to always be at the best and there is no home advantage, everyone team in a different turf to battle and any little mistake enroute to your country. The intensity of the tournament is blood sapping, with high intensity and that is why is the best of all tournament.

Besides, winning of best player is an individual award and your rating is done in every aspect of football and not only goal you score. Winning of EPL, FA, Champions league is a collective feat and not individual please, note the difference. Emotion doesn't win best player please.

Look at the poster below, the only thing he does better is goal scoring, other aspect very poor. Best player is a s total of aspect of football.

I feel u boss. Two chilled bottles of Guinness stout for u baba. U just explained everything clearly to them. They always confuse best player with best scorer. They are never the same.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by yusluvad(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2023
Victor Osimhen keeps making us proud!💪💪
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by adebayo987: 11:04am On Sep 15, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE
If it's not given to Messi this time, it's actually rigged... I mean, what excuse will you use to compare a World Cup holder still at his great form with minor cups covering a few regions?

I mean, it's visible to the blind and audible to the deaf...

Messi has it!

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
OJEEMAH:
After presenting you with facts, you no longer have points to back your initial claim about Sneijder. You had to switch to Iniesta cos in my response to your last quote, I acknowledged the fact that he stood a chance of defeating Messi in 2010.

Dude, instead of switching from A to B when an argument gets intensed, ensure you have enough facts before you engage anyone on or offline.

Who mentioned goals here?

Go and check Messi general stats and also look for Balon D’or criteria

If it’s just about goals, Messi would have won 2016, 2017 & 2018….. despite having the highest goals and assists in 2018, Messi did not make top 3 and there was no noise about it

Haaland won UCL. Messi won WC
Haaland won EPL. Messi won Ligue One
Haaland won FA Cup. Messi won League Cup
Haaland UCL & EPL Best Player. Messi WC golden Ball
Haaland UCL & EPL Top scorer. No golden boot for Messi

Both players deserve to win so rest

Na you dey cap na. You need the rest pass me. Yardstick juggler. I asked you what Cannavaro's stat was for him to win the BallondOr, you go dey recite dictionary. Superior argument my arse.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
mayor1814:

It's not about ur team success only. The major thing they are looking for is your individual contributions and performance. Do u stand out?
Lol. Na who know una Messi fans go dey follow una argue. Yardstick juggler. Today it is team performance, tomorrow it is individual stat. At least you won't say Haaland doesn't deserve BallondOr with his 'individual contribution' compared to Messi's 5 penalties in world cup. Na una dey count am now. If it was somebody else, you would say penalties & tapping is not football. Wehdone Sir.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by OJEEMAH(m): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Na you dey cap na. You need the rest pass me. Yardstick juggler. I asked you what Cannavaro's stat was for him to win the BallondOr, you go dey recite dictionary. Superior argument my arse.
I deliberately no wan answer anything about Cannavaro cos I smashed your argument about Sneijder. You ran to Iniesta. If I drop anything about Cannavaro, you go still shift goal post to another person.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by JuicyStar: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

FIFA best award is not a father christmas, is for the best in all field of football and not only goal scoring. Resist the urge to salaye, you will get zero score.

E be like say u no know how to watch ball. So in ur little mind Messi did better than Haaland last season or na because he won the World Cup?
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Lol. Na who know una Messi fans go dey follow una argue. Yardstick juggler. Today it is team performance, tomorrow it is individual stat. At least you won't say Haaland doesn't deserve BallondOr with his 'individual contribution' compared to Messi's 5 penalties in world cup. Na una dey count am now. If it was somebody else, you would say penalties & tapping is not football. Wehdone Sir.

Wat are u saying exactly? Do u know that man city will still have all those success they achieved without Haaland?
How many trophy did Haaland win wen he was in Dortmund? Bundesliga he no win.

Now compare that to Messi. Messi is a motivating factor on his own in addition to his magnificent performance on the pitch. Go and listen to d comments of Argentine players how he motivated them wen they were down. Now look at how he's motivating a lowly placed club in USA to force to reckon with.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Betgold84: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Fifa
Be raw
Give the award to Bernardo silva

AImiron:

SOURCE
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
OJEEMAH:
I deliberately no wan answer anything about Cannavaro cos I smashed your argument about Sneijder. You ran to Iniesta. If I drop anything about Cannavaro, you go still shift goal post to another person.

Lol. Today Na Friday! Drink small stout. Enjoy yourself.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
mayor1814:

Wat are u saying exactly? Do u know that man city will still have all those success they achieved without Haaland?
How many trophy did Haaland win wen he was in Dortmund? Bundesliga he no win.

Now compare that to Messi. Messi is a motivating factor on his own in addition to his magnificent performance on the pitch. Go and listen to d comments of Argentine players how he motivated them wen they were down. Now look at how he's motivating a lowly placed club in USA to force to reckon with.
Comments of Argentine players? Abeg! You no get better argument. Chop meat, drink beer, enjoy yourself...
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by OJEEMAH(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Lol. Today Na Friday! Drink small stout. Enjoy yourself.
and you too
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Numerouno94(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
OJEEMAH:
under normal circumstance, Messi should not have participated in 2022 FIFA Awards but then winning the World Cup in December which was still within FIFA calendar for the award changed everything.

That was why he didnt contest for Balon D’or cos it was done shortly before the World Cup in November

Tanx boss. I'm in full grasp of the situation.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Comments of Argentine players? Abeg! You no get better argument. Chop meat, drink beer, enjoy yourself...

Ogbeni ansa me. No shift goalpost. Which bundesliga trophy Haaland win for Germany? Comot Bernado Silva, Rodri, Foden, Stones etc I want to see d magic tapinHaaland wan do
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
mayor1814:

Ogbeni ansa me. No shift goalpost. Which bundesliga trophy Haaland win for Germany? Comot Bernado Silva, Rodri, Foden, Stones etc I want to see d magic tapinHaaland wan do
Who is shifting goal post? You made mention of Argentine players deifying Messi. Like what is to be expected? What are they supposed to do if not to support Messi. That your comment alone off me. As in you done put sand sand for garri. No argument with you if that is your line of reasoning. Na wa for you o.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by mayor1814: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
greypencils:
Who is shifting goal post? You made mention of Argentine players deifying Messi. Like what is to be expected? What are they supposed to do if not to support Messi. That your comment alone off me. As in you done put sand sand for garri. No argument with you if that is your line of reasoning. Na wa for you o.

Baba u no get point. Drink Guinness stout. Chop isi ewu. Have a good weekend.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by greypencils: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
mayor1814:

Baba u no get point. Drink Guinness stout. Chop isi ewu. Have a good weekend.
Haha! Exactly what am doing. No time for Messi and Ronaldo debate. Them no no say I dey exist. Happy Friday o jare.
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by Ikaeniyan0: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
AImiron:
it seems you’re blind or are you using Nairaland free mode wey no Dey load pictures.
If I know you're chidish, I won't have quoted you tout.

You claimed FIFA made the statement yet showing me the twitter page of madridxtra or whatever nonsense is called
Re: Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist by AImiron: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
If I know you're chidish, I won't have quoted you tout.

You claimed FIFA made the statement yet showing me the twitter page of madridxtra or whatever nonsense is called

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video / Desire Oparanozie's Rocket Goal Voted Goal Of The Month For February / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.