Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,570 members, 7,847,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change (12515 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / Photo Of A Proud Father And His Six Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Nonexisting1: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
My father is a simp and too nice to vaginarians. He is also very extravagant with money. Recently, the old man has been admiring me. I am the exact person he had wanted to be but I guess it's too late for him now. My stinginess and my zero tolerance for vaginarians and their shenanigans are on another level. Cheers to all the gentlemen like me jare.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Chibuzoripob: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
sad
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by tnerro1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
He smoked and drank, that’s the reason I don’t drink or smoke

13 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by illicit(m): 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
My dad died at 50

I pray to live longer

12 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by fergie001: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Just too quiet for my liking.

5 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by DaveOnuoha92(m): 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Growing up in those days.
My father was like a demigod in the house. He never speaks to us except through my mother. And before she then convince him to pay stuffs for us, it takes above a month to sort em out.
I thank God for grace and mercy upon my life; I have 3kids and has never shown those horrific childhood experiences to my loved ones.
Currently, they’re getting the best childhood experience of their lives by having moments for conversations I never had; and I’ll always make sure the bond never dies.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by FitCorper: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
My Dad is a classic Simp
I learnt a lot from his mistakes 🙏🏽

Then I discovered Red pill which changed my life for the best!!
Just don’t try too hard to appear tough. Handle your woman with respect and tolerance and watch how she respects you wholeheartedly, some go even ready fight their parents because of you.

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Fujiyama: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hmm...
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by valiju: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Chores not been done or not done properly is the major mental torment any man can go through ..Maybe you are just lucky to have a wife or kids that can do it properly most time.
Skyview01:
While thinking and reminiscing, I am thinking of my childhood and growing up, as kids, whenever our fatger would come back from work, we would allwys all run out of the house through the backdoor at the sound of his car horn.

The biggest reason is immediately he is stepping in, he would start complaining about things not being in their right places.
Chores not being done or improperly done, house not clean enough and he would always have something to complain about in an angry tone of voice.

I came to believe it was his own way of dealing with a stressful day at work and over time, it kinda created some tensions between us.

I told myself, no matter what, if I had my own family, no matter the stress I pass through during the day, i would never take it out on the kids or wife.

So whenever i come back from work and i see chores not done properly, my father's reaction would flash in my mind and i would take a deep breath and go the opposite directio , ask the kids and wife how their day went.
and generaly chit chat about them without making them uncomfortable around me.

At the end, I might ask my son, "sweetheart, when are you going to wash the dishes? Even at the peak of a very stressful day, I would find a way to smile and go to my room in solitude.

Secondly, shouting at the children while correcting the. My dad as a true Nigerian man would yell at a high octave while correcting us and it frequently drives me crazy as a teenager.

With my kids and family, I practice a low even tone of voice while i am angry or making neccessary corrections. I find this to be very effective as it made the kids receptive and willing to change.

The results, kids are free with me and can discuss virtually everything in their lives with me.

So, what did you see your father do while growing up you were unhappy with and wanted to change in your own family.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Deeprooted: 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
Polygamy.

I'm not doing that sh!t.
It tears family apart and the father end up not being loved much coz everyone sees him as "general father".

I loved my dad nonetheless!

It hurts me to see how unappreciated he was.

He died and willed everything to me.
I showed him all the love while he was alive.

Rest on Dad.

22 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by geoworldedu: 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Too meekangry
Same here, just that I still couldn't change it.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by MrHighSea: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
Being too religious.
+
women matters.

Lost him 2 wks ago.

19 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by kkins25(m): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
He didn't value the wife who's going through hell to see him succeed until he was in a mess...

Didn't waste the opportunity to nag.. nag nag and nag...
Poor at finanace.. wasted lots of resources.

He may have been the head, but his wife was the backbone of the family.

He is quick to insult, but can't stomach a taste of his own medicine. Having been a victim, i also developed the habit. Working on it though..

15 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by sacajawea: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
My Dad is a classic Simp
Okay. Simp to who?
Your mum?
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by QueenDima47(f): 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mine is too kind to a fault 😠

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Igbokwechika101(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
My father is a good man.he doesn't like noise.he pray always.

4 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by sacajawea: 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nairas2dollars:
He is too humble and simple to the core. I hate it, you are so rich and still humble? WTF! He is a semi billionaire and still gist with his employees as friends..talks to them as if he is in the same social class with them!
You are a Mad fellow...
You are not sane

8 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Myer(m): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Skyview01:
While thinking and reminiscing, I am thinking of my childhood and growing up, as kids, whenever our fatger would come back from work, we would allwys all run out of the house through the backdoor at the sound of his car horn.

The biggest reason is immediately he is stepping in, he would start complaining about things not being in their right places.
Chores not being done or improperly done, house not clean enough and he would always have something to complain about in an angry tone of voice.

I came to believe it was his own way of dealing with a stressful day at work and over time, it kinda created some tensions between us.

I told myself, no matter what, if I had my own family, no matter the stress I pass through during the day, i would never take it out on the kids or wife.

So whenever i come back from work and i see chores not done properly, my father's reaction would flash in my mind and i would take a deep breath and go the opposite directio , ask the kids and wife how their day went.

At the end, I might ask my son, "sweetheart, when are you going to wash the dishes? Even at the peak of a very stressful day, I would find a way to smile and go to my room in solitude.

Secondly, shouting at the children while correcting the. My dad as a true Nigerian man would yell at a high octave while correcting us and it frequently drives me crazy as a teenager.

With my kids and family, I practice a low even tone of voice while i am angry or making neccessary corrections. I find this to be very effective as it made the kids receptive and willing to change.

The results, kids are free with me and can discuss virtually everything in their lives with me.

So, what did you see your father do while growing up you were unhappy with and wanted to change in your own family.

This is great.
My dad is a great man, very responsible and honorable man.
He was however self-righteous and this affected his parenting and so much and created a gulf between us. By God's grace that is being settled and will end in testimony.

He taught us religion instead of leading us to personal encounter with Christ.
By God's grace I hope to lead my children to have a personal encounter with God and be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is my heartiest heart cry and so help me God. It is such a beautiful sight to see young kids and teens who have personal relationship with God.
They excel in virtually all they do and know how God leads them through life.

15 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by BabaCommander: 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
He married very late. I was born when he was already in his 60s... imagine that..
I married at 25, and I'm done with child bearing at 33. I would probably be a grandpa before 60.
2 He always worries about everything. I think he was probably suffering from anxiety disorders without knowing it. Poor guy! RIP Dad.
I'm not comfortable about the country of ours, and I do believe that there's no remedy for her woes. But I ain't worried tbh. Besides putting concrete plans in place, I have got Christ Jesus the Son of God. So I know I will be good regardless of what becomes of Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Lawalemi(m): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Being extremely harsh on children

8 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by tosyne2much(m): 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
He tolerates bullshits a lot even when he should voice out and rebuke it and this makes him vulnerable

I'm the exact opposite

7 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by debbydams(f): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Skyview01:

anger . Finding it hard to forgive

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Lamanii22(f): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
My parents generally used to shout I think I inherited that lol 😂 can’t stop shouting

6 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Nemesis0147(m): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
My father too show love outside.
The man will be paying neighbors school fees before paying ours sometimes.
He too trust which was very bad for him as a politician.
Stubborn too….hardly takes advice.
Na stubbornness end him last last .

7 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by beyondPen(m): 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
735i:
He was nice.
Nice to a fault.
He wanted to uplift his extended family.
He invested too much on extended family.
Same extended family are now fighting his children.
My cousins have made some unsavory comments now that he's late.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Same here.

Mine was too nice that if you put water in his mouth and tell him to stay there before you come back it will still be there.

I notice i took the trait and i was cheated for long time until i said never again

6 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by OnionBandit(f): 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
My Dad is a classic Simp

Then I discovered Red pill which changed my life for the best!!
grin grin
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by yewit37486: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice thread Skyview01.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by 22o62021: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
His non chalant attitude towards money

He is poor and he doesn't care to add to the one he has so far he sees food to eat.

Telling me to go ND marry

I reject it now

7 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by obinna58(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
I changed it already, drinking problem

6 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by beejay85: 9:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Skyview01:

I would rather rap my head around what my father did right effortlessly that am currently struggling to get right

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by AlphaHakimi: 9:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Children are like hot metal, the way you shape them is the way they turn out in future( at least 90%of the time).

Most fathers were harsh because they wanted their kids to turn out well. That does not mean they felt hatred for their wife or kids, they wanted to get it right.

I still advise anyone reading this, don't be soft with your kids especially during their formative years. Be firm and strong, that way you will raise children with home training.

Do you know that some of the negative things you don't do today is basically because you have home training??

This is why a dysfunctional family(family without a father or mother) is a menace to the society.

I love my dad because he made me into a real man. No womanizing, no drinking, no smoking, follow all men with goodwill.

Shalom

23 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
yewit37486:
Nice thread Skyview01.

Thank you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Surrogacy Services Now Available In Nigeria For Intending Parents / Few Month Double Door Fridge, 3hp Ac For Sale / Is It Necessary To Teach Babies To Sit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.